Vote Now

Baltimore Washington Airport

"baggage claim was horrible"

Baggage claim was horrible, it took longer to get my bags than to fly from Altanta! The passengers were all upset that they changed carousels twice and had to wait 45 minutes for the luggage. This happens every time we fly here. Something must be done or we will stop flying into Baltimore.
Date VisitApril 2017

"a fantastic airport"

Verified Review | This is a fantastic airport. They have a great children's area, local pricing, plenty of charging stations, good eats, and it's clean. I can't vouch for security though because this was a connection for us. I didn't use the wifi either so I'm not sure how good that was.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"never had a bad experience"

Verified Review | BWI is my "home" airport. I could also use DCA, but I prefer Baltimore. I have read some unfavorable reviews of this airport, but sometimes think that they must be talking about a different airport. I will say that this is a medium sized airport, so it will not have many of the same choices as the large airports. But I have used this airport for over 30 years and never had a bad experience. I have never experienced long delays at security. Usually five to ten minutes and you're through. One thing has recently changed that is a big improvement is the ability to move from one concourse to another post security. This was an issue in the past because Southwest handles about 70% of the flights to and from BWI, so the best food choices were in their areas. Now there are more choices no matter which concourse your airline is leaving from.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"no better, only worse"

This is the third time I have flown into Baltimore in 60 days. What is wrong with the baggage delivery? I have waited no less than 30 mins for my bags each time. This flight came in early, we were excited but it quickly fades when you have to deal with the incompetence of whoever does the simple job of taking bags off the plane and riding them to baggage claim with their carts. Why on earth does it take so long to load and unload bags? I will say again 30 minutes at least each time in 60 days. In Houston, stopped at restroom, got to bag claim and bags were there. Same for MCO. What is wrong with the much smaller airport at BWI? In 30 years of flying it is no better, only worse.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"not for those who travel frequently"

This airport is not for those who travel frequently. They do not have enough restaurants and bars and the ones they have only seat a few people. The airport staff and the restaurant staff are incredibly rude as they don't know how to handle a lot of people. I have decided to only fly into and out of Washington because of these issues. For those who haven't seen top notch airports, the lack of quality may not be noticed.
Date VisitMay 2016

"a good option to fly to/from"

Baltimore Washington is a nice airport that looks like it had been renovated recently since the last time I had used this airport a few years ago. I do like this airport because it is clean. When I was parking I had a little bit of trouble finding the long term parking because there is not a lot of signage for the long term parking. The buses to the main terminal are frequent and convenient. When I got to the main terminal I checked in quickly and then got to go through the nightmare that was security. I spent one hour in the security line because there was only one security agent working in the entire security line. The line was not that long, but it moved so slowly. For a Friday afternoon, I was surprised that they did not have more people working security. I almost missed my flight due to the security line. Coming back to Baltimore on Sunday night was longer than I thought. When we landed in Baltimore there were delays at the gate so we waited on the plane about a half hour longer than we had to. When I got to baggage claim, there were a few flights there at the same time, so everyone had to share the same carousel. They quickly realized how crowded it was and then moved some flights to another baggage claim belt, which was nice. There was a little bit of trouble at the credit card kiosk at the long term parking, which was a little frustrating, but long term parking was cheap so I can't complain. Overall, besides security, BWI is a good option to fly to/from.
Date VisitApril 2016

"virtually no queues"

It's been a while since I've used BWI, but I'd say they've done a nice job renovating it. There were virtually no queues as my flight departed at 6 am and returned around midnight. Some of the signs were not placed well, like the ones directing you to security and the parking lot bus waiting area. Overall, a nice, efficient airport that I wish was closer to where I live.
Date VisitApril 2016

"arrive early"

Baltimore Washington is a fine airport. It is by no means the best airport I have seen but I have also seen far worse. The food offerings are nice for tourists to try local Maryland fare and try the crab cakes. I have flown into and out of BWI an uncountable number of times and the only major problem I have ever had was lines at security. They can stretch on for quite sometime so arrive early.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"the services are awful"

Lots of money spent on this airport but the services are awful / not working. No power at the workstations. Internet has security issues beyond any seen at many other airports.
Date VisitNovember 2015

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

I fly out of BWI Southwest Airlines once a month to Tampa. It never fails when I return to BWI I have to wait 30 mins to an hour for my bags and it always starts like this. Your bags from Tampa will be on belt #1 and about 10 mins later they announce your bags from Tampa are now on belt #5. If you get lucky you might not get another belt change and in 20 min or so you bags will come out. If you have oversize bags such as golf clubs you can add another 10 min. The young workers in the oversize baggage area just sit on chairs and play with their cell phones never greet you or even recognize that you are there. The bottom line is that that baggage department at BWI is the worst in the country by far.