Baltimore Washington Airport

"Can't we do any better?"

Not Verified | I travel through this airport often, so I know from experience that the TSA, baggage handlers and other airport employees at Baltimore Washington International Airport are the rudest and most arrogant group that I have interacted with in this country and Europe. The worst part is that I come from this area and I am embarrassed by the terrible first impression that these people make on the millions of visitors that have had the misfortune to pass through this airport. Can't we do any better? How about a class on common courtesy?
Date VisitMay 2018

"work on their arrival process"

Trip Verified | Baltimore Washington is my home airport and generally I have no issues with it. That was my experience for the departure. Check in was a breeze. Actually, since Southwest accounts for 70% of the flights at BWI, if you are on another airline it is usually easy. We were flying British Airways. After check in we had a nice meal at Passports Bar and Grill which was right next to our gate. Finished our meal, got on the plane and flew! Easy! Then there was the return. Not as good. First, we stood in line to check in at the kiosks. Then we stood in line to go through customs. The flight had 200+ people on board and there were two agents to process us. It seemed like a long time. Then finally when we got our bags there was yet a third line to get outside. I honestly have no idea what that last line was for. I thought they were going to check our bags and bag receipts to make sure we had the right luggage, but when we finally got to the front of the line we were just waived through. BWI is expanding their international section with the plan to attract more international flights. If they do, they definitely have to work on their arrival process.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the worst airport I’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | This was painfully the worst airport I’ve ever been to. First of all navigating through is all backwards. The staff are extremely rude. I went through TSA checkpoint and the guy working “forgot” he let me though when there was no one behind me and made me go through again. The bartender at the green turtle was hands downs the rudest bartender I’ve ever delt with. I then tried to just get fries from McDonalds and the woman taking my order didn’t smile, didn’t ask what she could get for me, just stared at me hanging / slouching over her computer. Lastly my flights were delayed three times. To get home I had to book a flight through another airline and I had 30 mins to walk out of the concourse and go back through security. When I got back in line was being yelled and had very inappropriate comments from the staff to me and felt extremely uncomfortable. I’ve flown through BWI countless times and this will be the absolute last!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"It has never improved"

Trip Verified | I live in Baltimore. I fly in/out of BWI extensively for the last 12 years. While the airport overall is about comparable to many of the others I frequent, the baggage service is among the slowest in any airport I fly through. It has never improved and I see many reviews complaining about this same fact. Why doesn’t BWI management care enough to correct this issue. They clearly don’t care!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"I am disappointed with this"

Not Verified | The wait time for the security check today was atrocious. There was at most 50 people in the line and it took over 30 minutes to get through the check with only one lane open. Furthermore the TSA officers were not helping the line to move quickly. I am disappointed with this as I travel frequently and can get thru LAX in a faster time with 4 times as many people.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Not designed well for changing planes"

Unverified | Not designed well for changing planes. No transportation between the terminals which makes it hard for older people or for those who have health issues. You can get places but you may be late and exhausted or both. I would book a fight not to change here. The powering stations for your electronics are cute but poorly designed to handle a lot of people. You get one if you are lucky. Free WiFi but you will probably have to ask someone how to get on. Some Gate wings have good restaurants with TV options but others do not. Put your Fitbit on walk and you can find lots of things and make your 10000 steps. Designed for the young and healthy.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"fairly painless to navigate"

Unverified | Transited through Baltimore Washington twice with short layovers. A and B concourses are fairly painless to navigate. There were a decent number of places to eat and the rest rooms were clean. Not much else to say because there is a lot of this airport that I just didn't have the time or the need to use.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"longest of any airport that I visit"

Verified Review | I live in the BWI area and have had many experiences similar to my July 12, 2017 flight from LAS-BWI. The time to retrieve your luggage is consistently the longest of any airport that I visit which is over 50 different airports. The airport itself gets a good rating except in the baggage handling area. The low rating for airport staff is specifically for the baggage handling department.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"non-customer service attitudes"

Upon arrival at Baltimore Washington - baggage claim took nearly an hour and they switched carousels 4 times, then it took forever for bags to come out on the belt. Departure - my young daughter had 1/4 cup of water in her canteen she forgot about. Rather than having her drink it or pour out - they made us choose to toss a $20 canteen or go all the way back through security - another 30 minutes. Employees from TSA to clerks at restaurants had lazy and non-customer service attitudes. I plan to avoid this airport for future trips to D.C.
Date VisitMay 2017

"a long time to wait"

Our flight arrived 15 minutes early at 9.45 am. We taxied to the gate but had to wait 10 minutes for someone to drive the walkway to the door of the plane. Then we spent 30 minutes at the luggage carousel. I finally got my luggage at 10.36. Seems like a long time to wait.
Date VisitMay 2017