Bahrain Airport

Review by (Kuwait)

On Arrival passport control was quick and efficient even for an Eid Holiday. You could get all you needed from the duty free. I collected my car in a short time and I was off. Returning two days later for my departure back to Kuwait it was a completely different story. Firstly there is no place to drop of your rental car and you have to drop the car in the overcrowded public parking. I couldn't find a legal parking so I had to call the rental car company to come to the parking lot and take the car. Upon check in there was no queue system for Gulf Air and people jumped in front of me all the time. The people on the counter allowed this practice and made for a very unpleasant check in experience. Passport control was quick and efficient as it was the case on the way in. After passport control the airport is very basic and did not offer much for a traveler who needed to spend 3 hours at the airport. I ventured into the Irish pub which was terrible. I checked into the Marhaba lounge afterwards and the services where basic with very bad wifi.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (Bahrain)

Bahrain airport is incredibly efficient its entirely possible to be in the departure lounge 10mins after walking through the doors. Once in the lounge the duty free area whilst not on the scale of Dubai provides all the necessary shopping. There are two bars skybar upstairs (bit dingy) and the Irish bar by gate 12 which is much better. Standard fast food and coffee shops but if you have time recommend the Macaroni Grill Italian restaurant. Don't normally get many delays from Bahrain due to the relatively low number of flights from the airport.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Transit only. I hadn't been through BAH for years and I forgot how good it was. From getting off the aircraft to being in the Departures areas was about 8 minutes. (Try that in Dubai). The airport is compact with a reasonable array of Duty Free goods reasonable food choices comfortable seats spotlessly clean toilets and a good flight announcement system. The layout of the airport takes you back to the 80's when air travel was more fun than it is today. Excellent Airport built on a human scale - for people.

Review by (Australia)

We just transited through Bahrain airport but we were impressed by this clean and spacious airport. It was well signed and fairly easy to get around and find both the Gulf Air lounge and the gate for our next flight. I wouldn't hesitate to fly through here again based on this experience.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I fly Gulf Air mostly and every time the torturous part for me is Bahrain International Airport. After landing and disembarking the aircraft there is a short walk to the transit area. Everyone for some fairly odd reason has to take off their belts shoes mobiles watches etc and pass through the security gate. I just don't understand this. We have just come off a plane! Security checks have taken place in our point of departure. So this is always painful as the lines build up rapidly if a few flights come in and the area is small. The staff at this security gates are not helpful. The airport itself isn't too great. The smoking area is a disaster even for smokers its too small and packed out. It is a small airport with not the best shopping facilities either. Not what I would expect from a middle east airport seeing Dubai Doha Kuwait and Abu Dhabi standards.

Review by (United Kingdom)

It was the 5th time I have visited BAH and had no problems except the last time. Arrived with BA to find very long lines at border control when we finally got to the front our passports where taken off us and told to wait over there. We waited for 2 hours with nobody offering any help. My wife was taken into a room and quizzed for 10 minutes. Not happy at all wouldn't go to BAH again if didn't have genuine reason to visit on a regular basis.

Review by (Bahrain)

I find BIA very quick and efficient. It takes me a maximum of 15-20 minutes. I like the duty free however I wouldn't mind being given a wider variety of brands. Also I really think airport employees need to be a bit more friendly and the security personnel seem very relaxed. Having said that I really like this airport it saves me time and energy unlike larger mall-like airports.

Review by (Bangladesh)

On arrival as a transit passenger I always find the environment is lively. Security check queuing time is not high has a comparatively small but good duty free. Toilets are pretty clean liked the orientation of food area having some good brands. Airports staff are helpful. In the business class lounge the food is good with great taste of Arabian English and South Asian cuisine with free WiFi.

Review by (Serbia)

BAH was a great surprise on my BEY-MAA journey. Small and clean airport so much better than the nearby nightmare of DOH. Great transit times and free Wi-Fi internet that actually works with no senseless SMS authorizations and fees. A great airport.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Transit is a nightmare - no fast track for J/F class. Due to late arrival of our incoming we had 45 minutes to catch our connection. Competing with 350+ pax with all their hand luggage to get through "so called" security for transit took all of that time and if our aircraft had not waited for us we would have missed it. BAH - sort it and treat your premium transit PAX as they deserve.