Bahrain Airport

Review by (Bahrain) 25th November 2014

Bahrain airport is incredibly efficient its entirely possible to be in the departure lounge 10mins after walking through the doors. Once in the lounge the duty free area whilst not on the scale of Dubai provides all the necessary shopping. There are two bars skybar upstairs (bit dingy) and the Irish bar by gate 12 which is much better. Standard fast food and coffee shops but if you have time recommend the Macaroni Grill Italian restaurant. Don't normally get many delays from Bahrain due to the relatively low number of flights from the airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 2nd September 2013

Transit only. I hadn't been through BAH for years and I forgot how good it was. From getting off the aircraft to being in the Departures areas was about 8 minutes. (Try that in Dubai). The airport is compact with a reasonable array of Duty Free goods reasonable food choices comfortable seats spotlessly clean toilets and a good flight announcement system. The layout of the airport takes you back to the 80's when air travel was more fun than it is today. Excellent Airport built on a human scale - for people.

Review by (Australia) 25th January 2013

We just transited through Bahrain airport but we were impressed by this clean and spacious airport. It was well signed and fairly easy to get around and find both the Gulf Air lounge and the gate for our next flight. I wouldn't hesitate to fly through here again based on this experience.

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th November 2012

I fly Gulf Air mostly and every time the torturous part for me is Bahrain International Airport. After landing and disembarking the aircraft there is a short walk to the transit area. Everyone for some fairly odd reason has to take off their belts shoes mobiles watches etc and pass through the security gate. I just don't understand this. We have just come off a plane! Security checks have taken place in our point of departure. So this is always painful as the lines build up rapidly if a few flights come in and the area is small. The staff at this security gates are not helpful. The airport itself isn't too great. The smoking area is a disaster even for smokers its too small and packed out. It is a small airport with not the best shopping facilities either. Not what I would expect from a middle east airport seeing Dubai Doha Kuwait and Abu Dhabi standards.

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th September 2012

It was the 5th time I have visited BAH and had no problems except the last time. Arrived with BA to find very long lines at border control when we finally got to the front our passports where taken off us and told to wait over there. We waited for 2 hours with nobody offering any help. My wife was taken into a room and quizzed for 10 minutes. Not happy at all wouldn't go to BAH again if didn't have genuine reason to visit on a regular basis.

Review by (Bahrain) 26th July 2012

I find BIA very quick and efficient. It takes me a maximum of 15-20 minutes. I like the duty free however I wouldn't mind being given a wider variety of brands. Also I really think airport employees need to be a bit more friendly and the security personnel seem very relaxed. Having said that I really like this airport it saves me time and energy unlike larger mall-like airports.

Review by (Bangladesh) 3rd February 2012

On arrival as a transit passenger I always find the environment is lively. Security check queuing time is not high has a comparatively small but good duty free. Toilets are pretty clean liked the orientation of food area having some good brands. Airports staff are helpful. In the business class lounge the food is good with great taste of Arabian English and South Asian cuisine with free WiFi.

Review by (Serbia) 27th January 2012

BAH was a great surprise on my BEY-MAA journey. Small and clean airport so much better than the nearby nightmare of DOH. Great transit times and free Wi-Fi internet that actually works with no senseless SMS authorizations and fees. A great airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th January 2012

Transit is a nightmare - no fast track for J/F class. Due to late arrival of our incoming we had 45 minutes to catch our connection. Competing with 350+ pax with all their hand luggage to get through "so called" security for transit took all of that time and if our aircraft had not waited for us we would have missed it. BAH - sort it and treat your premium transit PAX as they deserve.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th August 2011

Easy airport to transit through as it is small and compact (I had a 1hr 45mins transit time). Make sure your travel documents are in order as when I arrived at the transit desk 3 pax had been there for 4hr. The duty managers are all in the terminal and do not visit the transit desk that often it seems. Connecting Gulf Air to KLM no problems at all. The Dilun Lounge that is available for KLM Business class passengers is nice however located about 10min away from gate 12. I confirm the departure areas are extremely crowded at midnight with all the connecting flights and all the seating is occupied. BAH Airport is ok for a couple of hours but there is not a whole lot to do otherwise.