Bahrain Airport

"seating is uncomfortable"

Unverified | This airport is very cold and I now have a streaming cold, also the vegetarian food is so basic and tastless you feel you are being punished for not eating meat. The seating is uncomfortable and the food counters based on american takeaways which are repulsive to anyone who cares about their diet. I advise any one to avoid this airport if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"really pleased with the service"

Verified Review | I had arrived to Bahrain Airport as a connecting flight and the porter was waiting outside the aircraft with a wheelchair as my daughter was on crutches as her leg had been fractured. I was experiencing really sharp chest pains and had asked the porter where the hospital was, however before he took me to the clinic he showed a lot of sympathy and gave me advice. He had even brought me a water bottle with his own money and then took me to the clinic. I was in the clinic for approximately 1 hour, and he was very patient whilst he was waiting without any questioning. If it wasn't for the porter for helping me, I would have been put in a very bad situation. The doctor in the clinic was very helpful as he had clearly told me what was wrong with me which put in a much better state knowing that it was nothing serious. I can't forget to mention the nurse was absolutely wonderful. Overall, I was really pleased with the service I received, much appreciated.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"cleanliness not the strongest"

Verified Review | Flying in from IST transiting to DXB on GF on an evening flight. The ground staff were very helpful as a wheelchair was needed for a member of my family. The airport duty free shops and shops in general were well stocked but extremely expensive, following the prices in the State of Bahrain. Unfortunately flights to DXB depart from the older terminal, which is downstairs meaning that there is no bridge to aircraft but old style buses! On top of that, cleanliness is not the strongest point: I spotted a cleaner using the same broom for the floor as for the seats! Waiting times for security control compare more to US TSA rather than UAE. At that terminal cellphone reception is not as good as in the newer upstairs. In the shops can find some exclusive items, albeit quite pricey (Polo Ralph Lauren particularly). Even though I like GF a lot, I wouldn't like to transit BAH. I do hope that sometime Bahrain will do what Qatar did and improve their International Airport and national carrier hub!
Date VisitNovember 2016

"WiFi never work"

Unverified | I have been traveling to Bahrain for over 3 years. Why does the WiFi never work in this day and age? Also ATMs do not accept UK cards. This is the worst I have ever endured. The staff are great and the lounge is good but this is an old airport. Where is my wifi as advertised?
Date VisitAugust 2017

"service needs development"

(Saudi Arabia)

Unverified | Bahrain Airport is small and clean. Shopping is very good. Bathrooms are clean. Airport staff service needs development. The airport is crowded and needs to be expanded. Some aircraft stand far from the airport and buses are used to transport passengers from the plane.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"friendly airport staff and customs"

(Bahrain)

Verified Review | Though Bahrain International Airport remains one of the best having ground services, with fastest check-in procedures on departure including friendly airport staff and customs (Border police), the recent project of building up a brand new airport for the kingdom of Bahrain stood as a great move to align with neighboring gulf countries Airport services, including but not limited to, in-airport facilities, smart access, increased security and smooth experience from ticketing to boarding. I am pretty convinced that the projected Bahrain International Airport (currently in progress on the date of this review-July 2017) will offer enhanced experience to the passengers travelling from and to the Kingdom of Bahrain, and my review on the new Airport would probably be closed to an overall 10/10.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"this airport is a dump"

Verified Review | This airport is a dump, really. Barely anywhere to eat, old looking and tired, cramped. I had the misfortune of going to 'sky bar', something out of the 1970s with sticky tables, plastic leather chairs, dirty windows and unclean toilets, surly staff. Same for so-called restaurant at that level. Is this not supposed to be a rich country? How about investing? If you have a long time to wait, don't spend it here! Wifi does NOT work by the way.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"very pleasant departure experience"

(Saudi Arabia)

Even though the airport is small it's very well laid out and easy to navigate. Check in for business class is a very nice touch with its own check in area away from economy. Staff here in general are polite and accommodating and immigration is also separate making the check in process really quick. Shops are good but staff hassle you too much which is very annoying and put me off wanting to buy or look further. Boarding information is clear and kept updated which is good. Very pleasant departure experience at this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"old part is still hot and cramped"

Verified Review | Much better than it was in the new part with more efficient gates, newer seating and shops/cafes. The old part is still hot and cramped and you have to go through a security check when moving between the two sections even though the passage is continuous - which seems odd.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"seating stiff and uncomfortable"

Bahrain is one of the most impoverished airport that I've had the displeasure of spending a stop-over in. For a tiny island both so wealthy and so well-known you'd think that the airport would be more than just linoleum floors and a few chain fast food stores. The seating in the departure lounge was stiff and uncomfortable, which drove me to the cramped ladies prayer room to have a nap. I wasn't alone in my struggle, as I witnessed a handful of fellow nappers lying underneath the 'Strictly No Sleeping' sign. After a few hours of sleeping haphazardly on my bag, I awoke to try and rectify the remaining hours of my stay. After an unsuccessful attempt to reduce the hours of my stopover and board an earlier flight and an altercation with incredibly rude Gulf Air staff with a lack of empathy, we were left with a measly voucher for the airport's infamous 'Sky Bar'. What we were faced with was a dining experience to be ashamed of. Lukewarm drinks, dirty tables, and bland food served in styrofoam boxes with plastic cutlery. A tip from a fellow diner to another - don't get the roast chicken. In an attempt to leave the hostile conditions of the airport, we discovered that having a British passport is not a pre-requisite to be allowed into the country. After forking over what was an extortionate fee for a few hours of trailing the malls, we returned to the airport to board our flight home. Avoiding the experience would have been more than worth the extra 500GBP to board an earlier flight.
Date VisitDecember 2015