Top 100 Airlines

Auckland Airport

"an embarrassment"

(New Zealand)

The customs clearance hall on a Sunday morning is so badly managed. Auckland Airport is supposed to be the gateway to New Zealand, but instead it is an embarrassment. So many flights arrived, and so little management of arrival that everybody has to find their own way, fight amongst themselves when the smartgate machines don't work and that staff are so over-run, they can't check our bags properly. The airports knows how many people are arriving and when - it is not a secret - the airlines tell customs in advance. One would have thought Customs/Airport planning staff would plan for the amount of people arriving and manage flight arrives accordingly? Auckland Airport and customs is failing New Zealand.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"without full free wifi"

Auckland Airport - this is 21st century. Really any airport without full free wifi deserves 1 star. The walk from domestic to international is a joke, in Auckland it is always raining and it's mostly not covered. Expensive cases, wet kids - it would be so cheap to put a canopy in over the walkway and add free wifi.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"lack of sensible practice"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | I am annoyed by lack of sensible practice at Auckland Airport - I could have made my connecting flight to Dunedin if the biosecurity queue was not so long, with only a few desks open, and more cooperation from a staff member. I abandoned my trolley to politely ask a man behind a desk if i could 'queue jump' instead of missing my flight. He told me to get back in the queue and there was nothing he could do. I missed my flight by about 10 minutes, and had to wait another 5 hours for the next one. After a long haul from Asia, this was not pleasing and so easily avoided. In many airports around the world, they have staff calling out imminent flights in such queues so people can be transferred to the fast lane asap. A good idea - re-ticketing staff also in no hurry to get people sorted.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"queues outside all 3 women's toilets"

(New Zealand)

Arrived at Auckland domestic terminal and noticed that it had had an upgrade. However, it was somewhat disappointing for my wife to find queues of no less than 5 women outside all 3 women's toilets within the terminal. Abysmal planning by the look of it especially as there is supposedly an expected tourism boom coming from China and the US.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"had to run to make my plane"

I was very disappointed with the attitude of the security staff and the queuing times over the weekend both on arrival and departure. The queues departing through the scanning was so long that immigration had to stop processing people to let the scanning queue to stop impacting them. I was impressed with the immigration staff though - keep it up. The length of the queues is also impacting the shopping as event though I was at the airport with more than 2 hours to check in I had to run to make my plane and didn't have time to eat.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"half an hour limit on the wifi"

(New Zealand)

The half an hour limit on the wifi is enough to want me to rate the airport 0 for everything. EVen McDonalds will give you more wifi for a cup of coffee. We are paying the Airport much more than that in departure taxes, exhorbitant parking and high prices for goods (because of high rentals). I hate that they keep reducing the number of seats at the arrival. Finally most of the food is really poor quality.
Date VisitMay 2016

"sour demeanour of staff"

(New Zealand)

As a kiwi heading home through Auckland Airport from visiting numerous tourism orientated countries, I concur with other reviews and cringe at the atmosphere for immigration entry. It's an embarrassment to NZ whose main forex earner is tourism. The customs dogs should be out the back - I have not seen this in USA, UK, France, Italy etc. The queues and scanning is pathetic. The whole somber feel, treating all entrants like criminals, sour demeanour of staff is just embarrassing. NZ is still a great wee nation.
Date VisitMay 2016

"received such help and attention"

I wish to express my appreciation for the help given to me, an 82 year old woman with mobility problems, by two of the ground staff at this airport on my arrival in Auckland on the 4th April. Not only did they take me in a wheelchair to get the bus to Domestic but they accompanied me on the bus with my three carry on items, found a trolley for my items and saw that I was able to get to my gate for the domestic flight. I have had wheelchair assistance many times over recent years but have never received such help and attention. I had been quite anxious before that flight but now when I return to Gold Coast next Monday 25th I will feel at ease.
Date VisitApril 2016

"lack of seating"

Probably one of the worst airports I've visited - congested, lack of seating, little food choice (unless you want fast food), not particularly clean. This is us departing NZ after 6 fabulous weeks here where the service, beauty and people were phenomenal. A shame we're leaving this fabulous country disappointed.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"cannot fault any aspect"

What a difference 20 years makes. I cannot fault any aspect of the arrival, a full A380 to the Skybus in about 30 minutes. On departure all formalities were again extremely quick, the only small criticism would be 30 minutes of free wifi - for international departures 30 minutes in woefully inadequate and not up to standard.
Date VisitMarch 2016