Auckland Airport

"Fast and efficient service"

(Fiji)

Not Verified | Fantastic. No delays! Thanks to fantastic NZ53. Easy to find our way around, shopping, conveniences to bag claims. Fast and efficient service as it was a short queue. Friendly and helpful staff from shop sales assistant, securities, custom officers. Thank you team for the smooth flow of operations.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"great welcome into Auckland"

Not Verified | We arrived in Auckland on 3rd December 2017 in Emirates flight EK448, the airport was busy and we didn't get a gate and was brought into the terminal in buses. After a long journey we were disappointed with not getting a gate, but the bus driver really made our day. He was very cheerful and helpfull, great welcome into Auckland, queues were bad, but airport was clean, will visit again.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"airport is most unfriendly to passengers"

Trip Verified | This airport is most unfriendly to passengers who transit. On our way through from Sydney to Raratonga, we had to walk miles just to go through transit security (Why? What chance had we to buy anything that was not air-side vetted since Sydney?). Then we had to walk those miles back again to where we had started - and we only had 30 mins between flights. Returning transit was much worse. The flight lands at 2am and all of the airport seems to be totally unaware of this. They insist on you going through the International Transfer Centre - but this is closed. 25 of us sit in a cold corridor assailed by the loud Maori monotonal chant (the only thing that goes all night?). You phone as requested and get told different stories - because the first set of assurances dont materialise you call again. Eventually after about 40 mins an unfriendly officious security crew arrive and go through ridiculous procedures for transfer passengers, no apologies. Get through to the terminal - dead - nowhere to get a drink or bite until 4.45. No announcements. No staff. Wifi for 45 minutes only! Who dreamt up that bit of mean-ness? I hope we never have to visit there again. If you want to be a 24/7 civilised international airport act like one! You do your country no favours.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"there really are very few seats"

Unverified | Auckland airport is very small for the number of flights that go through. There's not a lot to do - two bars and a handful of shops and nowhere to sit. Once you get upstairs there really are very few seats. I had to stand to eat the sandwiches I bought. The bar was packed with people watching a rugby game and it was nigh impossible to get to the bar with my hand luggage so I gave up and went to the other one downstairs. People who weren't eating sat at tables anyway to watch TV. I was not impressed. I was also not impressed that my brand new tubes of toothpaste and moisturiser were taken off me (I had travelled through Melbourne no problem and on previous visits through Auckland with just hand luggage without it being an issue). The really ridiculous thing was was that you could then buy exactly the same size toothpaste in the departure lounge. What was the point? I stupidly thought the restrictions was for liquids not toothpaste. It's just ridiculous. There was no gate number for my flight, so I had to wait around the central area not knowing where to go. Surely they knew which gate the plane would leave from. I could see it parked. Apparently they don't want people to go there too early? At least you could get a seat at the gate. Really not impressed.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Airport cleanliness was average"

Verified Review | After reading the reviews, I was pleasantly surprised how fast we went through the queues. Everyone was pleasant and very friendly. Airport cleanliness was average. MacDonalds area was filthy as was door 11 area. We were back the next day and it was still filthy. Very disappointed WIFI is only 45 minutes. We travel a lot and WIFI is always free and unlimited, especially considering most people are waiting in the airport far longer than 45 minutes. Also, found food over priced and not a lot of options other than fast food.

"we were soaked"

(New Zealand)

Unverified | Why do we not have undercover car parking? We were departing one afternoon and were unable to find a closer car park so we parked quite a distance away. On that day it was pouring down with rain and we had about 4 suitcases and a infant with us, by the time we arrived to the departure terminal we were soaked. In saying that it goes the same way on arrival, I am baffled as to why we do not have undercover parking?

"no food, no water"

Unverified | Not a good review I'm afraid! Our plane landed here from Rarotonga at 2am we then got off our plane and proceeded to the international transfers which when we got there was closed so we called up security who then told us that the gates weren't opening until 4am (no food, no water) so we all (30 of us) had to sit and wait for two hours in a corridor until the lazy staff finally opened the gates. Never coming back here!

"Not a friendly welcome"

(New Zealand)

Unverified | Arrived at Auckland airport at about 3am, 1/11/17 after a holiday in Fiji. I was travelling with my 2 daughters, their husbands and 6 grandchildren. Walking along the corridors from the plane was lovely with the pictures on walls and soft sounds of nature. Picked up our bags and proceeded to customs. The 2 men manning the desks at customs were rude, maybe they were tired at that time of the morning but so were my 6 grandchildren. Not a friendly welcome (as advertised around the airport) to our overseas visitors. The lady on the scanning belt however was very friendly. Shame about the 2 men at the desks.

Auckland Airport customer review

Unverified | The transit through the internal area of the Airport after departing the plane to exiting into the arrivals area was quick and trouble free. Staff very nice. Unfortunately I had to wait outside door 11 for the shuttle, this area could only be described as "grubby" more like the airport of a 3rd world country! Cigarette butts and litter over the ground, I didn't like to sit on the one available seat in the area. This was not what I would expect of Auckland Airport and not the best welcome for overseas visitors arriving in NZ.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"is still in catch-up mode"

Unverified | DXB-AKL, 27/9/17; AKL-DXB, 12/10/17. Two different reviews here. For the inbound journey, the main difficulty was baggage collection, the baggage hall as it now stands was not designed for peak passenger loads of the sort Auckland is now handling (and a similar issue affects the domestic terminal, which I went through separately while in New Zealand). The passport screening was very quick, customs less so. Outbound, I was checked into my flight very quickly, and the rest of the process (border/security) was very prompt. The airport knows it has terminal capacity issues, but is still in catch-up mode.