Top 100 Airlines

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"lines were long at immigration"

Wish they would make arrival procedure for transitioning passengers simpler. On my visit lines were long at immigration and some passengers with forward flights were in sheere panic of missing their connecting flights. One couple who had half hour left to catch their connecting flight asked the person who was controlling the lines if they could jump the line so as not to miss their flight was told no. A little friendliness and understanding would have gone a long way. I had purchased water at Heathrow that got taken away from me in Atlanta. I fail to understand why they would do that as you are getting of one flight and catching another. Small bottle of water $3.75 at ATL. All the food outlets were way overpriced and the people Woking the franchises unfriendly. Will try to avoid ATL in future as I don't relish the stress
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"long lines through customs"

We returned from a transfer from London Heathrow to enter our home country. It was about 11.30 pm Eastern time, very disorganized and confusing with long lines through customs. Only met two friendly employees out of many. I am glad I do not travel internationally often (two hour experience). London-Heathrow was almost as bad.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"experience is subpar to say the least"

Atlanta Airport is awful plain and simple. Torn chairs, too few chairs, too few charging stations and far too many people. Bathrooms are disgusting and food options in some of the terminals need to be updated. It is interesting that some terminals have been updated like terminals a and b, but d is really old and is obviously the catchall terminal for the low rent airlines like Spirit and Frontier. For some reason I end up in this terminal a lot for Delta and Alaska flights and the experience is subpar to say the least.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"best arrival and departure experience"

Probably the best arrival and departure experience I've ever had, thanks to the polite, friendly, and efficient staff of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. The airport's facilities are many, and travel between the various concourses is made easy via good signage, and a rapid-transit train.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"how inefficient TSA was"

I've done domestic flights twice through this airport and the experience is probably slightly different than my international transit. Customs went well and everything was professional. The real hell was security. TSA took their sweet time and were rude. After putting your bags through security, they have an additional (1) person that opens up your bags and goes through them. This person moves at a glacial pace, and will purposely go slower if you tell him that you have a tight connection. It was very insulting how inefficient TSA was and I don't recommend flying in here internationally with a connection.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"it operates very well"

This review is for Atlanta domestic. Atlanta is my hometown airport. For such a large and busy airport, I find that it operates very well. Unlike LAX or JFK where airlines operate out of several terminals, ATL has one central security checkpoint giving passengers access to all gates (concourses A to F). At LAX or JFK, passengers might need to go out on the sidewalk and walk to another terminal. For example, in Atlanta if you fly in on Delta and are connecting on American, you do not have to leave the terminal or go past another security checkpoint. Just get on the train to change concourses. There are many shops and eateries past security. If you have lots of time, your can go back and forth between the concourses to check out the shops and eateries. My only complaint is that when coming off a flight there are no signs directing passengers to baggage claim.
Date VisitJune 2016

"no one had a clue"

A two week honeymoon of de-stressing and relaxing ruined by the the most stressful airport experience I've ever had. Flying from Cancun to Atlanta, for a connection to London Heathrow, we were told on check-in in Cancan and multiple times on the Aircraft and on arrival in Atlanta that regardless of our destination we would have to claim our luggage from the baggage carousel and re-check it for the connection flight. Our flight from Cancun arrived at 6.30pm, with our connection flight boarding at 7.35pm, so already tight on time. When we got through customs we were pointed by an airport employee to the carousel from which we could collect our luggage. Super. What followed was a twenty minute wait before the carousel even began to move, time was slowly ticking away. A further 10-15 minutes was spent watching most others from our flight collect their bags and move on, but ours were no where to be seen. With 10 minutes to go until boarding the connection flight was to begin, I informed a baggage handler who told us (Myself and my wife) and two other couples catching the same connection flight (who had also not got their bags) to head to the gate, board, and take it up with the airline on arrival in London and they would arrange to have the luggage shipped to us which we reluctantly agreed to do. We then stood in a queue for another 30 minutes to pass through security, a process which I do not understand the necessity for as for those on connection flights we were not leaving the airport. By this point our flight was now well into boarding. At various stages when moving through the queue, myself and some others in the same situation addressed their concerns with airport staff, looking for reassurances that the baggage had been automatically transferred. Put simply, no one had a clue. Cue running through the airport, catching the small train to different departure gates, and more running as our names were called over the Airport tannoy system. Finally we made it, to board an aircraft full of annoyed looking fellow passengers who had been sat on board for some time. What I want to know is, why were we told on multiple occasions (and I'm talking 10-15 times) that regardless of our destination we were to collect our luggage, when in fact the whole time the airport had transferred it automatically? If this was a late decision, why did someone not make the effort to tell us? Why did no one at the airport have the slightest idea? The process of filtering people through to their connections is flawed and over complicated. I was quite honestly sooner fly the opposite way around the world to my destination, that connect through Atlanta again.
Date VisitJune 2016

"immigration lines were short"

Years ago Atlanta had a dubious reputation. Today I have no hesitation in using the USA's biggest and busiest airport. Arriving early evening from the UK the immigration lines were short and the process pleasant thanks to the personable, yet thorough, attitude of the immigration officer. Bags were quickly on the belt and having handed in our customs form we followed directions to the transit drop off where our bags were efficiently checked and sent on their way. No hassle, no unpleasantness. Finding our way to another terminal for our onward flight to Denver was a breeze.

"very poor service"

I came in on a flight from Europe. I quickly moved through Passport control and baggage claim. I came up to the security checkpoint and went to the Priority line thinking that it would move quickly. However I stood in line for 30 mins while the Non-Priority line moved faster. They only had 2 lines open and one scanner. Three planes had come in and they did not open another line or try to speed up the line for Priority customers. I find this very poor service for your customers that fly the most.

"unfriendly, uninterested, rude"

I am an international traveler and have visited hundreds of airports. I live in Atlanta and I need to provide some feedback. The people working at the airport from TSA to the airlines to the food service workers need an attitude adjustment. The most unfriendly, uninterested, rude, and unhappy employees I have seen anywhere. This is not a welcoming place for visitors or residents. They mumble, make no eye contact or in the case of TSA bark at you like drill sergeants. You appear to be an interruption to their social activities or phones when seeking service. Hard to believe that Newark is more pleasant than Atlanta. How exactly does TSA scheduling happen? The flight and passenger volume is known well in advance but there are never enough lanes open, or they are disorganized like it's the first time they have ever screened passengers.