Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"something that needs to be addressed"

Verified Review | I'm an 18 year disabled veteran and during my recent travels through Atlanta the customs team was without a doubt the worst I've ever dealt with in my life! I use a CPAP machine due to my OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) and on my return transit through Atlanta customs I was treated like a common criminal. I know the customs protocols because I'm still customs certified. Before I went through I allowed a flight crew to get in front of me to expedite their process. The TSA customs agents are very belligerent and unprofessional I can understand the type of job they do on a day to day basis. But, since they deal in a profession that requires you to have interpersonal skills it really leaves something to be desired! My machine was set aside and the agent I asked as to why. Initially she didn't give me an explanation she just said I'll get to your situation in the order in which I receive it in a gruff manner. As a disabled veteran who served his country I truly feel that this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP! We are supposed to be the greatest nation in the world we should set the gold standard!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"floored by TSA disrespect"

Verified Review | I am a frequent business traveler, using Atlanta airport as a home base and flying around USA and occasionally outside US. I am absolutely floored by the TSA disrespect in Atlanta compared to any other airport. It's a mess! Travelers are treated like cattle in chutes with TSA shouting at us. The new bin process to wait in a queue while bins pass before us is complete chaos. My belongings get separated and I now have greater risk of items being taken because I can't get through the screen to collect items. I now have to wait for a second bin to be allowed to pass into the bin screen lane. Throughout this process TSA are very very rude! They must truly hate their jobs. In contrast at other airports TSA are remarkably professional, courteous and helpful. What's wrong with TSA in Atlanta? It all starts with upper leadership to shape the work culture and attitudes of staff. Leadership should not tolerate workers who disrespect travelers. We are their customers. Atlanta Airport TSA - get it together!! This situation is deplorable and must change! I am a leader and know how to motivate, coach and hire staff who do excellent work. Get new leadership in TSA so this culture changes for the positive!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a very pleasant surprise"

Unverified | It has been many years since we last flew into Atlanta, and it was with some trepidation that we flew into Hartsfield with Virgin Atlantic this time. The memories of endless immigration queues, officious and rude staff, missing a connection and previous reviews of this airport were still with us so it was a very pleasant surprise when we landed. Bit of a queue at immigration with, of course, the obligatory lack of officers to deal with several long haul flights landing in a short space of time. But there were plenty of the electronic entry machines so the queue moved along OK. Through in about 1/2 hour and then a long trek to the baggage reclaim where our bags were already in. We had a connection to Savannah and upon entry to the transit check-in desks were spotted and told we were already checked into the Delta Flight - so handed over the luggage and were off the the domstic terminal - all within 1 1/4 hours! Very impressive - and even more impressed with the personnel because, without fail, each person we spoke to was courteous, cheerful and helpful! Really nice to actually feel welcome at a US port of Entry. As for the airport facilities, well, it was the usual mish mash of pizza and fast food joints, sports bars and coffee bars. But on this evidence would use again.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Awful airport. Very confusing"

Unverified | Awful airport. Very confusing. The staff very rude and unhelpful. When travelling a long way and not used to self service check in Staff could be more helpful to visitors. Worst airport I have been through. Need to improve the customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"disappointed with Atlanta Hartsfield"

Verified Review | The new UBER pickup point at Atlanta Hartsfield is extremely disappointing. The walk to the designated area is extremely long and seems to be an effort to discourage UBER customers. This was definitely a hindrance to my arrival in Atlanta. Upon my departure, I used my CLEAR membership for security. I was again disappointed with Atlanta Hartsfield. I had to wait an extended amount of time as non-CLEAR members were served first. After finally getting past this point at security, the speed of the security scans and poor attitudes of the TSA working there was yet again another disappointing part of traveling through this airport.

"a headache every time"

Unverified | I use ATL for connections to Europe/Turkey a few times per year. Flying domestically into ATL and leaving on International flight is usually no issue and quite convenient. Returning to the US then connecting to a domestic flight is a headache every time. Two hours and 15 minutes this past Monday was not enough time to deplane, go through customs, find my bags and recheck them, then go through security again. Something needs to change, at the least expand the security screening area for International to Domestic terminals. On a positive note, the staff at ATL are the most helpful I have encountered in airports
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"security staff intimidating and rude

Verified Review | Security staff are intentionally aggressive, intimidating and rude. The staff shout at you for not following instructions, yet there are no instruction signs to follow. Staff need to be taught that treating all passengers like criminals is not acceptable. I for one will never fly to Atlanta again and would advise everyone else from the UK to not fly here either.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"we'll try to avoid using Atlanta in future"

Verified Review | My wife and I were flying from the UK to the US to see the Total Solar Eclipse, we officially had just over 1.5 hours to make our connection to Denver, and were told that this would be tight. We actually arrived ahead of schedule, which was great, and then we got to immigration. Used the automatic terminals, which we thought were going to be a great time saver, but then we had to queue for an immigration officer, and our line didn't move for nearly an hour - what's the point in the auto terminals when you still have to queue anyway? Managed to get to our departure gate with about 10-15 minutes to spare (the "Plane Train" shuttle breaking down 3 times didn't help). During all this time no-one told us what the delay was caused by, and the (2) officers working the immigration desks were so slow it was almost unbelievable. By the time we finally got through the line behind us was huge, and there must've been people that missed connections - we were just lucky. Wherever possible, we'll try to avoid using Atlanta in future.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"the employees are rude and condescending"

Unverified | The customs and security process at the international terminal is a disaster. There are not enough employees to handle large flights full of people, especially since the majority have connecting flights to catch. The worst part is that the employees are rude and condescending. They seem to have no idea that on international flights most likely some people don't speak English and yelling instructions in a louder voice isn't going to help. Nor are inappropriate comments by an old man about frisking women in the past helpful. I lived in Atlanta for many years and unfortunately it seems like nothing has changed to improve this process. I was embarrassed to be an American in that line Thursday, August 31.

"rude and obnoxious"

Unverified | I fly through this airport at least two times per week. I love many aspects but lately the golf cart drivers are honking their horn to get people to move out of their way. I find this horn honking to be rude and obnoxious. Please develop a better procedure and maintain a more peaceful environment.