Antalya Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 11th May 2015

Flew in to Antalya last week and it was easy enough on arrival although queues on visa check took about 20 minutes before going through to collect luggage. On departure however you are firstly required to go through a pre- security screening on arriving which includes putting you're belongings through for scanning. This was all over the place and the workers were very rude and unorganised. After this you queue again to show your passport and boarding pass before getting through this congested area to check in. Check in took over an hour with each queue having about 10-12 people/families in it. Staff did not have a clue. We went through the next passport check which was fine for us but if it was busy it could get very messy. Then onto security there was no trays left and when I got a tray from the next line someone tried to skip me. After this I think it was through to duty free where the shop staff are helpful enough on the floor but the till staff were rather rude. Finally it was boarding which seemed to take ages and when I got to the front my barcode wouldn't scan the machine had broken and the woman was very unwelcoming! Onto the flight and we where happy to have some friendly Scottish staff to greet us. Won't be back here and would not recommend to others.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th January 2015

We travelled back from this airport on 13 January 2015 and were very happy with everything. All staff that we encountered seemed very competent and all the queues were short and fast moving. I acknowledge it was winter and therefore there were not many flights leaving. There were plenty of seats vacant although again this may well be because it was winter and not busy. What impressed us most of all was how friendly everyone was. The departure gates are very close to everything else so no walking for miles. I have absolutely no complaints about the airport: in fact I think it deserves much praise. We did not buy anything at the airport because in my experience all airports are very expensive and therefore we avoid spending money in them. Whist I realise that the time of year we were travelling made a difference I can only say that our experience there was excellent. No complaints.

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st September 2014

We arrived more than 3 hours before our flight but nearly missed it due to bad management. There was only around 10 persons in front of us to check in and drop their luggage but every family in front of us spent around 20-30 minutes each because of discussion around the baggage allowance. It was clear that they had more than allowed but each bag weight was discussed and argued with the staff for at the end agreeing to let them check in their bag after long discussion without paying for the extra weight. It was clearly mentioned that every extra kg would be 11 euros. We finally started complaining after having waited for 1 hours and a half then a third line opened and we managed to finally go to passport and security check and finally run to the gate to have our flight. This is not acceptable the staff was not efficient not respecting anyone who was not shouting at them. The rules were clear and should be respected. It doesn't need a long discussion or any argument.

Review by (Finland) 23rd June 2014

I just came home yesterday from Antalya I was so lucky to get to my flight in last minute because I spent 45 minutes in total panic waiting to show my passport along with hundreds of other passengers and no lines to stand in. Just pushing and fighting to get through to one of the two men checking your passport. All the time they let more people through to that area so you had to push harder not to let anyone pass you. It was horrible. Why was there no line-system like in every other country I've been to?

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th October 2013

This was one of the most distressing experiences I have had at an airport. I was travelling to Manchester from Antalya along with hundreds of other people. Some people were travelling to different countries such as Holland Russia Germany. There simply is no queuing system. Everybody chooses anywhere where they can have their luggage and passports and tickets scanned. It doesn't matter where you are travelling to or what time you just pick your own check in point. This may sound ideal but believe me it isn't. If your flight it due in an hours time from check in then you will be very lucky to get on your flight. After checking In you then are scanned. Then you have to have your passport checked again. Believe me this was so traumatic!!! All nationalities were pushing and squeezing to get their passports checked. There were thousands of people some who only had ten minutes to get on their plane before take off. There must have been only 3 or 4 people to check all these thousands of people's passports. Travellers were becoming irate distressed and someone with a weak heart could easily have collapsed. There needs to be a much better system. I will never use this airport until I hear the system has improved. Somebody could have been very seriously hurt or even worse. Children were crying people were shouting at each other and the workers checking the passports were extremely stressed out. Please just put queuing barriers up so people can follow an orderly queue and no one will miss their flight and boo swill get hurt.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A

Review by (Germany) 3rd July 2013

Quick check in- Security and passport control very fast. But workers at the shops and duty free shop very unfriendly. Very expensive - water 3 euros Burger King menu more than 10 euros.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd April 2013

Arrival big queues for entry visas and passport control but these didn't last that long and we were through fairly quickly. Check-in was standard holiday had to queue for a short while but through security fairly quickly. Not far to all the departure gates from the departure lounge. Reasonable selection of shops and bars but if you can eat drink and do your shopping before you get to the airport as the prices are silly. So expensive for everything which really lets the airport down.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th April 2013

Domestic terminal. Used recently on flights from/to IST. My experience was very different from that noted by others. Calm efficient pleasant terminal in both directions. Screening to enter building and again after check-in is potentially a bit tedious but worked smoothly. Prices airside a bit steep but that's not just a peculiarity of ATL!

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2012

Awful Airport. Once your through passport control the prices literally sky rocket. Toilets very dirty floor covered in water. Oddly there is signs all around the airport saying it was awarded best in Europe don't understand how it got that.

Review by (Turkey) 5th March 2012

Poor and incompetent ground staff no English and foreign language knowledge and skills! Security the most inefficient I never have seen very rude and impolite officers; food and beverage exorbitant prices. Facilities very dirty. An airport to avoid.
Queuing Times N/A