Antalya Airport

"there is no information available"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | A serious warning to everyone who is arriving to AYT Antalya Airport (operated by ICF Airports) from Istanbul. If you have changed the plane from an international connection to a domestic connection (very usual for TK passengers who can check in their baggage to the final destination at the origin departure airport). Your baggage will be delivered straight to the domestic flight at Istanbul Atatürk Airport so it is convenient you don't need to pick up your luggage at IST and check it again at the domestic terminal - as the walking distance between INT and DOM terminal is about 10 minutes. But when you arrive to AYT airport and you are directed to the domestic terminal baggage claim hall you won't find your luggage there! Last time (last month) I finally found my luggage at INT terminal baggage claim hall - and it is in the other terminal, about 3 km from DOM terminal. The only possibly way to reach the the other terminal is to get a taxi. Prepare for another security check before you can enter the terminal and for a passport and a flight ticket/boarding pass check before you can enter the baggage claim hall. For me it took about 20 minutes together for a taxi ride and the formalities before I could reach my luggage. It is unbelievable if you arrive on a DOM flight you have to pick up your luggage at the INT terminal. I've never heard anything this crazy and illogical. And last but not the least, there is no information available about this preposterous handling of luggage before you arrive at AYT airport and finally can find someone to explain to you how and where you might get and find your luggage.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"too many passengers"

(Austria)

Verified Review | On 12 August 2017 we had our Austrian Airlines flight from Antalya to Vienna at 8.55 pm. Although we did online check-in 24h earlier, we had to wait 1 hour in a long queue because they don't have a counter for baggage drop off. We even came 2.5 hours before the departure time. There was no air conditioning. Staff are indifferent. We even had a delay and were not informed. There is a serious lack of toilets - women had to use men's toilets. Too many passengers for this airport. No free WiFi. What kind of international airport is this?
Date VisitAugust 2017

"not enough seating"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | On departure, we got to the airport early (3.5 hrs before departure). There was no seating available while waiting at the ticket counter. The departures duty free has only a basic selection of goods. There is a good sized smoking lounge. There is no free wifi service. Not enough seating at the terminal or at the gates
Date VisitAugust 2017

"departure was a nightmare"

Arrival at airport was fast and efficient at passport control. Departure was a nightmare. We were forced to queue outside the terminal building for half an hour to get through security. Check in was OK. Huge queues at security again and at passport control. We had booked the VIP lounge dirty, noisy inedible poor quality food, drinks (tea and coffee) from machine in paper cups. I have travelled extensively and can honestly say this is the worst airport I have encountered.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"could not find a book or newspaper shop"

No real problem checking in to the airport and then passing through secuity and passport control, but was astounded to discover for an "international airport" there was plenty of eating place (all pricey) but could not find a book or newspaper shop. I have visited many other airports in various countries but never experienced this before.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"would recommend this airport to use as a family"

(Slovenia)

Antalya airport is very manageable. We used the domestic departure area as a family with 2 young children, both 4 years old. After the check in, you enter the elevator or stairs to the first floor where the departure gates are. The hall is big and bright, there are many shops and restaurants, The only downside is that the toiles are one floor below, but you use elevator. There is also kid's toys shop, which we just could not avoid. There is plenty of seating and we managed to wait for our call with no problem. The airport staff were very friendly, especially at the security gate.They treated the young ones very well, not to be scared the security detector. Nice experience and would recommend this airport to use as a family.
Date VisitDecember 2014

Antalya Airport customer review

Flew in to Antalya last week and it was easy enough on arrival although queues on visa check took about 20 minutes before going through to collect luggage. On departure however you are firstly required to go through a pre- security screening on arriving which includes putting you're belongings through for scanning. This was all over the place and the workers were very rude and unorganised. After this you queue again to show your passport and boarding pass before getting through this congested area to check in. Check in took over an hour with each queue having about 10-12 people/families in it. Staff did not have a clue. We went through the next passport check which was fine for us but if it was busy it could get very messy. Then onto security there was no trays left and when I got a tray from the next line someone tried to skip me. After this I think it was through to duty free where the shop staff are helpful enough on the floor but the till staff were rather rude. Finally it was boarding which seemed to take ages and when I got to the front my barcode wouldn't scan the machine had broken and the woman was very unwelcoming! Onto the flight and we where happy to have some friendly Scottish staff to greet us. Won't be back here and would not recommend to others.

Antalya Airport customer review

We travelled back from this airport on 13 January 2015 and were very happy with everything. All staff that we encountered seemed very competent and all the queues were short and fast moving. I acknowledge it was winter and therefore there were not many flights leaving. There were plenty of seats vacant although again this may well be because it was winter and not busy. What impressed us most of all was how friendly everyone was. The departure gates are very close to everything else so no walking for miles. I have absolutely no complaints about the airport: in fact I think it deserves much praise. We did not buy anything at the airport because in my experience all airports are very expensive and therefore we avoid spending money in them. Whist I realise that the time of year we were travelling made a difference I can only say that our experience there was excellent. No complaints.

Antalya Airport customer review

We arrived more than 3 hours before our flight but nearly missed it due to bad management. There was only around 10 persons in front of us to check in and drop their luggage but every family in front of us spent around 20-30 minutes each because of discussion around the baggage allowance. It was clear that they had more than allowed but each bag weight was discussed and argued with the staff for at the end agreeing to let them check in their bag after long discussion without paying for the extra weight. It was clearly mentioned that every extra kg would be 11 euros. We finally started complaining after having waited for 1 hours and a half then a third line opened and we managed to finally go to passport and security check and finally run to the gate to have our flight. This is not acceptable the staff was not efficient not respecting anyone who was not shouting at them. The rules were clear and should be respected. It doesn't need a long discussion or any argument.

(Finland)

I just came home yesterday from Antalya I was so lucky to get to my flight in last minute because I spent 45 minutes in total panic waiting to show my passport along with hundreds of other passengers and no lines to stand in. Just pushing and fighting to get through to one of the two men checking your passport. All the time they let more people through to that area so you had to push harder not to let anyone pass you. It was horrible. Why was there no line-system like in every other country I've been to?