Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

"plain unprofessional staff"

Not Verified | This is the worst experience I've ever had in an airport. Rude, disrespectful, aggressive, unpleasant and just plain unprofessional staff; endless number of lines to stand in; utter chaos. It took us almost 4 hours to get through customs and security. We didn't miss our connection because we had a long layover. I've never been asked so many questions (and of a personal nature) by a customs official. He seemed bent on preventing me from leaving the country (I was returning home). Avoid this airport like the plague.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"totally disorganized"

Trip Verified | They are totally disorganized. We arrived a few minutes early and parking position has changed, but they are not able to provide a ground crew. They already know for at least 29 min that the plane arrives earlier, but cannot schedule the crews accordingly. This proves that their operations are organized pretty poor. They focus on being a supermarket!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"organisation is utterly chaotic"

Not Verified | I've travelled through many airports, but this is by far the worst experience I have even had. Being a major hub airport of course it's very busy, but the organisation is utterly chaotic. We travelled with pets, and there was nobody to tell us where to collect them, and though we asked at all sorts of "information" desks, we were met with nothing but shrugs and rudeness. Several times, staff sent us to utterly the wrong place, meaning we ran the length of the airport several times, before by sheer chance finding our pets dumped unattended in a corner. There was no porter service, and nobody would help. Check-in for our departing flight was a nightmare, with nobody seeming to be interested in checking the pets, nor knowing how or where it should be done. In the end, this took 4 hours. We then had to watch as they were taken onto the tarmac and left in the sun while all the rest of people's luggage was loaded - thankfully, it early in the year so not too hot. When we asked (politely) if anyone could phone down to handling staff and ask that the dogs be moved at least into the shade, we were answered with indifference by one member of staff, rudeness and aggression by another. I would never travel through this airport again, these must be the rudest and most unpleasant people I have ever encountered. Pity you cannot award no stars in this review, because that's what I would give.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"full of shops and cafés"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Amsterdam Schiphol is so big and confusing but luckily there are signs everywhere. Transport is OK. The best thing in Schiphol is that there's a panorama terrace where a planespotter could spend all his/her days. It's full of shops and cafés. Due to so many people check-in and security check are crowded even in the night. There's enough seats and it's clean. Wi-Fi works well.
Date VisitJune 2018

"rude, sarcastic and disrespectful"

The security at this airport are astonishingly rude, sarcastic and disrespectful to everyone. They make fun of you, bark confusing orders and manhandle people and their belongings. Totally unnecessary when compared to other more efficient airports. The second time I have transferred at this airport and the second time I've been left fuming by it. Disgusting behaviour. None of the staff seem to want to be there, they are completely disgruntled.

"Overcrowded airport"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Overcrowded airport and disorganised. The gates are far away from the entrance. Good shopping options though. The tax refund line was long and I was going to miss my fl8ght.
Date VisitJune 2018

"aggressive treatment from immigration officials"

Not Verified | I have arrived at this airport on many occasions from the uk and while it is clean and well organised there has always been an issue with my name. Every single time I have attempted to pass through passport control I have been aggressively handled and accused of having the same name as someone involved in drugs. While I understand the concern over drug trafficking I do think it’s time the records showed that at 65 I am not the person they are looking for. Please update your records, I have travelled to many other destinations and not had this sort of very embarrassing and on occasions aggressive treatment from immigration officials. I will continue to use your airport but the novelty of constant harassment from your outdated records and over enthusiastic immigration staff are starting to wear me down and spoil entry into a beautiful country.
Date VisitJune 2018

"bad for handicapped people"

Not Verified | Very bad service for handicapped people. I asked to arrange wheelchair assistance for my friends. On May 26, 2018 when I arrived to Schiphol I stopped at 4 offices: KLM (twice), Delta and special company providing assistance (I believe that its name was "Assistance" or similar). Everywhere I was assured that they will get the assistance. Next day I stopped at 3 offices again (KLM (2), Delta and "Assistance"). Totally 7 times I was assured that my request is confirmed. When my friends arrived to the gate, there were about 5 people in charge of the wheelchairs. They told my friends that they can't provide assistance to them. They were sitting, chatting between themselves or on phone and had no intention to provide the assistance. After 15 minutes of wait my friends were told that person who can help them will be back in 45 minutes. By this time my disable friends could loose their next flight so they had to make a slow painful trip to transfer flight gate by themselves. From my personal observation at other gate I saw similar situations. The service personnel is rude, lazy and very unwilling to help disable people. I don't want the part of my ticket price to go to their salary. Fire them.
Date VisitMay 2018

"security staff rude and unpleasant"

Trip Verified | The security staff are just astonishingly rude and unpleasant. Shouting orders which make no sense, laughing outright at confused passengers and entirely unprofessional. I take trains, buses, boats and cars whenever just to avoid this airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Avoid like the plague"

Trip Verified | I was travelling to Dublin in September from Malaga via Amsterdam. My experience of Amsterdam Airport was nothing short of terrible and horrific. I have a walking disability and when I asked for assistance I was told no and "have a nice day ". The walk to my departure gate said 20-minutes. It took me 90 minutes to walk in severe pain. I wrote to the manager and he informed me that since I do not arrange a wheel chair it was my fault. Since then I have flown through Istanbul and Tel Aviv airports and the staff accommodate d me with courtesy and dignity. The staff at Schiphol Airport badly need a course in customer relations or maybe they reflect the callousness of Dutch society? Avoid like the plague.
Date VisitSeptember 2017