Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

"superb service attitude"

Unverified | An amazing experience at the Schipol airport. Today morning I landed from Mumbai via Jet Airways. It was G7 gate, and I forgot my iPhone in the plane. I realised it only at the immigration queues, and I informed one of the staff. She immediately very kindly took me to the immigration staff, informed them and escorted me all the way back to the gate. However the gate had closed and we had resigned to contact the airline staff. On our way back we saw another crew of Jet Airways who had landed from Delhi. She suggested checking with them for assistance and amazingly a very kind cabin manager made some calls and assisted me in getting the phone. Superb service attitude. Never seen anything like this.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"equipped with modern facilities"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Overall, this airport is very nice and equipped with modern facilities and good WiFi connection and easy to connect. Baggage handling also was quite good. I hope, Schiphol Airport improve to provide more immigration counter desk of clearance to avoid long queue waiting in it.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Passport control very effective"

Unverified | First time at Schiphol for us and rather apprehensive having read reviews on here. It's certainly big! Long journey between gates, aided by lots of lifts and travellators, and gate information easy to find in advance. Plenty of shops and restaurants, and the eating places we used were of good standard. Passport control very effective. All points manned and automatic machines functioned quickly. Nice airport, but because of travel distances involved would be wary of taking flights with short connection times.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the most inefficient airport"

Verified Review | This airport is the most inefficient airport I have ever had the misfortune to use. They kept us waiting at security for 1hr despite telling everyone every 10 minutes it would only be another 10 minutes. The staff told blatant lies that they were calling each flight personally to tell them passengers were delayed at security (we checked this at our gate, no phone call had been made). At passport control there was no structure and when speaking to a member of staff about the fact our flight was due to leave in 15 minutes (due to the fact we was held at security for 1hr and then queued for another 45 minutes at passport control) his response was "not my problem, we don't care about flight times, if you miss it you miss it." This is the most appalling and rudest airport I have ever had to visit.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"everything is very efficient"

Unverified | An impressive, very modern, spacious, very well organized and beautifully designed airport (it was just a transit this time for us but we have arrived/departed from Schiphol in the past and the experience was the same). The signs are clear, everything is very efficient, the restaurants and shopping - amazing! We were there very early in the morning but it didn't matter, everything was open and ready to serve the passengers. The flight out was delayed a little but it wasn't the airport's fault and we still arrived on time (KLM is great!) Definitely the best airport we have been to!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Wonderful City let down by a poor airport"

Unverified | This is a very modern airport and full of all the latest equipment for checking passengers both Inbound and Outbound. My Complaint and comments are outbound departure. The Management has decided that huge numbers of people waiting is ok for all the machines to be unmanned and switched off while only one security machine is enough for hundreds of passengers. It took 55 minutes to get through one machine. If you can afford to put these very expensive technical kit into the transit area then surely you can afford the staff to operate them. Find another way to arrive if at all possible. Wonderful City let down by a poor airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"well managed without any problems"

Verified Review | Travelling back to Manchester following a weekend break. The airport though big, was not easy at times to navigate, however it was ok. Busy when there. The self-baggage drop that KLM provide is excellent and saves time for the passenger and this was a great experience. Likewise, the security processes at Schipol were very good and well managed without any problems. There were a few restaurants in departure, but in my view were very expensive, and eventually made use of an affordable kebab in one of the local restaurants in the departure hall. Airport toilets were clean. Boarding though a little busy, made good use of my e-boarding pass on my mobile, saving me hassle of locating paper boarding pass. Wifi was excellent and worked well - provided you log in! Duty free shops were reasonable and good at Schipol Airport. Overall it was good, but not as good as Dubai Airport, but happy to travel again through Schipol.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Schipol had lost my luggage"

Verified Review | Beware of taking a connecting flight through Schipol, Amsterdam. Our 8 hour flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul had to wait on the tarmac for nearly an hour for an open gate. When we finally deboarded, there were no KLM Reps to help passengers who were late for their connecting flights. To my horror, the few departures display boards were not working so I had to go through the long line at the KLM counter to find out where the gate of my connecting flight to Istanbul was. On top of all of that, several flights had been cancelled and so the lines were very long with very annoyed passengers. The air conditioning of the airport wasn't working very well either, so it was extremely hot inside the terminal. The KLM counter person giggled as she told me I had 5 minutes to catch my flight to Istanbul at Gate D23 so I had to sprint through the whole length of D terminal. Come to think about it, she didn't even offer to call the gate to tell them I was on my way. But the cruelest cut was, because of the delay, Schipol had lost my luggage. So here I am in Istanbul without my luggage, without a change of clothes or even a toothbrush. Holland, you may be a first world country but your airport belongs to the third world.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"plenty of shops and restaurants"

Unverified | This airport is pretty good but not my favorite. First of all, check in lines at KLM were extremely long and took at least 20 minutes to get through for an early morning flight. Security wasn't that long but still took some time to get through. After I got through that fiasco, I found myself in a huge departure terminal and had plenty of shops and restaurants. My flight was on time and was able to take off quickly.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"transit was easy and well signposted"

Unverified | I was worried about making the connection with only 50 minutes but travelling from non schengen to non schengen was easy as you don't go through passport controls or security, although flights to the USA do have an extra layer of security which you have to go through. Didn't have time to use the facilities but the transit was easy and well signposted.