Top 100 Airports

Amritsar Airport

"buses are not low floor"

I fly every year to Amritsar from London but to my disappointment the aerobridge gate has not been used for 3-4 years. They use old noisy buses which are not low floor as per international standards to transport passengers to the aircraft. They don't have any nappy changing area for children - many areas could improve.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"airport is clean and small"

Airport is clean and small. There is however no board with digital information providing updates on flight schedules in and out of the airport. Once in the departure lounge area we sat for hours as our flight was delayed. We received no information and there was no electronic information board to provide us with updates. No verbal announcements either. We just sat. When we questioned airport staff, they had no more information than we did. This is not how a modern airport should run. In addition to this, there should be more affordable refreshments on sale as the airline (Turkmenistan Air) wasn't going to give us any. There should also be free WiFi for us to use our mobile phones. Other than that it was an OK airport. More cheap and drinks would help.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

Amritsar Airport customer review

Not so friendly for disabled or physically challenged person, Luggage trolley are in pathetic condition, still using old type display for flight information and airline counter information. Inside it is clean. Personal experience - I need to change diaper of my kid but they don't have facility, finally I changed on floor of bathroom. They need a lounge or improved waiting area/rest area.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Amritsar Airport customer review

The airport was small, but still a very good airport. My sister was sick and the people there has helped us get a wheel chair for her and they let us use the business class line to drop off our luggage there. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I recommend this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2015

Amritsar Airport customer review

Amritsar airport is a small, clean and efficient airport. Upon our arrival, we collected our luggage and were out of the airport within 30 minutes of landing. No fuss, no hassle. It is a small airport though, and I hope that they expand this airport as it saves a lot of time - previously we would travel to Delhi which is a whole day journey nightmare. In the departure side, the lounge is way too small with only one shop selling drinks/food. This needs to be expanded. Overall, Amritsar airport is a good experience.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Amritsar Airport customer review

Disorganised airport worker pushed my parents wheelchair asking for money. Officer were asking us to speak Hindu. Trolleys were all over the place staff were really rude. Only one positive review is that it saves travelling time from Delhi to Punjab again we pay extra for that.

Amritsar Airport customer review

We flew from Delhi to Amritsar on Monday evening 14 October 2013. Within half an hour of landing we had collected our luggage and were out of the airport. As it was a domestic flight there were no formalities. There was no other flights arriving so the airport was empty and the whole experience could not have been better. We did not need trolleys as all our luggage has its own wheels but there were trolleys readily available and the people we saw with trolleys did not appear to have any problems. The friends who were meeting us were able to drive right up to the arrival gate so loading ourselves and baggage into their vehicle was easy.
Airport Shopping N/A

Amritsar Airport customer review

The Airport has changed its way of working since 2002. It is now a lot cleaner airport with basic amenities available. There was no request from local staff for tips which surprised me on my recent trip. The security staff were friendly and no long queues. There was no charge for drop off near the departure gates which makes life easier. The airport needs to change the trolleys as most of them are broken and outdated. The shops need to sell more varieties of food. The current convenience shop at departures section of airport sells substandard goods. The departure and arrival terminal toilets need to be cleaned more frequently.

Amritsar Airport customer review

I have made 2 trips (2010 and 2012) to India and went through Amritsar Airport. Nice airport clean seating areas got my luggage in 30-40 minutes. Immigration checks while coming out of country are bit odd as they ask so many questions. Toilets are clean. Not so many shops but It does the job very nicely. Not a lot at the airport to entertain you as not many cafes or restaurants but its developing. So give it time.

Amritsar Airport customer review

I have travelled to India by Amritsar airport first time. I have saved two days of travelling time (from Delhi to Jallandhar). I was in Jallandhar 2 hrs after landing. I had no problem with immigration checking in checking out etc. I want to see Amritsar airport making more progress and improvements and more flights which will be good for Punjab economy and increase job prospect for local people in the area. I will travel by Amritsar airport in future.