Abuja Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Abuja Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

On arrival as we flew Business Class we were near the front of the line for immigration. Baggage did not take too long to arrive. Finding a taxi was not obvious but a friendly airport employee walked us across the car park to the taxis - make sure you agree a price in advance. When we departed Abuja although it was quiet and there was no one in front it still took an hour to check-in. Bags had to be x-rayed and PAX go through a metal detector bags then manually weighed and manually searched after which we could check- in. Due to a computer crash boarding cards were manually written - however ground staff later gave out printed cards at the gate. The business lounge was rubbish but at least the sofas were comfy. At the gate all passengers and bags were searched again - by very friendly staff.

Abuja Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Abuja international arrivals greets you with a long immigration line. Only one booth is set up to accommodate a complete flight with another booth for dignitaries and diplomats. One can stand for over 1 hour in this line while the immigration clerk scrutinizes your passport and visa. The people are generally nice and polite the airport is clean. AC is mediocre. International departure was crowded and not very comfortable and in most places extremely hot. Food options are limited. Abuja national terminal is another story. Very hot limited seating not so clean limited food options and crowded. There are no flight departure screens. In general an unkempt image.

Review by (Brazil)

It was better than expected but can be quite messy sometimes. Currently (April 2011) the road which connects the airport to town is under maintenance and traffic at peak hours is nothing less than crazy so program yourself to go there early. In the passengers lounge there is absolutely nothing to do but a couple of convenience stores to buy soda and crackers. Toilets are decent but with no towels nor soap to wash the hands.

Review by

Upon arrival from Amsterdam on KLM I went to use the bathroom and there was no garbage can and no toilet paper. The airport was cleaner than I expected. I think it's better than Lagos actually. Our luggage failed to arrive with us and we were told to come back in 3 days time to pick it up! We weren't going to be anywhere near Abuja in 3 days! We were told later by the airline (after we got back to the US) that they should have delivered it to us. (It was a 6 hour drive one way by the way.) Leaving was a nightmare. They had no record of our changed flight days and had no way of checking with our credit card (we were told that's all we would need to verify our changed dates-a credit card.) We were told to step aside while they helped other passengers. Then we were sent to one person who told us to go to another person etc etc. It took two hours to straighten out the mess and that was only because my husband had to beg the woman to let him use her computer so he could check his email which he was sure would have a confirmation of the change. I will say this particular woman was very professional and willing to do whatever it took to help us. Boarding passes were hand-written. Upon checking our baggage the woman typed in LIM instead of ILM which meant our bags were heading for Lima Peru not Wilmington North Carolina! This screw-up was revealed to us upon arriving in Atlanta. Overall not a good experience with the airport or maybe it was just KLM/Delta. Who knows. I was not impressed.

Review by

The international terminal is nice and quite well organised but there is nothing much to do there. The domestic terminal is madness especially between 4pm and 7pm when many flights depart for Lagos. Its more like an old bus station than an airport and I am not sure the security is that strong (last time I was there the boarding passes were handwritten on small pieces of photocopied paper)

Review by

In Nigerian standards relatively clean and organized. However I was bored out of my mind when waiting for my flight because the shopping and entertainment possibilities is nil. Overall and compared to Lagos domestic terminal this airport is paradise on earth.