Vote Now

Abu Dhabi Airport

"amazing arrival experience"

Verified Review | Amazing arrival experience at Abu Dhabi Airport. It took us only 15-20 minutes from the plane to the taxi. By the E-gate facility we passed through passport control within a couple of minutes. By the time we reached the baggage carousel, our baggages were already there.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"my number one to avoid"

(Austria)

Abu Dhabi is an incredibly busy airport to avoid at all cost, famous for the lack of toilets (just Google it). When you manage to find a toilet they are very dirty and have massive queues (10 minutes). Not enough seats at the gates and they are uncomfortable as well. Another lengthy security check also when in transit. Crazy! Again, this airport is my number one to avoid.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"signs are little confusing"

Verified Review | Signs are little confusing. Even for connecting flights you need to go though a security check. However, it only took less than 5 minutes for this on both occasions. Shopping is nothing compared to Dubai with hardly any shops there and wifi is terrible. At most you can send whats app messages.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"really trying hard to make this old airport function"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi are really trying hard to make this old airport function. For transit passengers it can be a little like a warren to navigate - and for short flights the "barn" style departure area is a bit past it's capacity. Eihad are squeezing the most they can out of this tired establishment - but it still works.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"US pre-clearance painfully slow"

Horrible management at Abu Dhabi Airport. The US pre-clearance part of the process is painfully slow and badly managed. I would rather complete my immigration in the US where they know what they are doing. Waited in queues for over 2 hrs when there were not too many people around. They were literally opening each luggage before passing it through the scanners which just seems counter productive.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"experience was not good"

My experience of Abu Dhabi airport was not good. Unfortunately we had to spend quite a few hours there. There are very few seats, none of them comfortable. No food outlets to speak of unless you walked to the Sky Plaza. You were not allowed to check in your luggage until 3 hours before travelling, so we had the extra expense of putting it in the left luggage which was expensive. Unfortunately when our gate appeared on the board, the computers went down. Then chaos rained. The queue was more than 10 deep and went for a good distance. We stood for at least an hour, not moving but because there was no-one organising the queue it was chaotic. People were pushing in with loaded trolleys but there was no-one to stop them. It was the worst experience I have ever had at an airport and hope I never have to use it again.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"my experience was positive"

Verified Review | I found Abu Dhabi airport to be one of the best I have ever visited. Restrooms were clean. Food and drink were available, although expensive like at most airports. Seating was never a problem even though I had a layover of several hours. When I had questions, everyone spoke English clearly enough to understand what I was asking and to correctly answer. After leaving my watch at security, one man showed me how to get back to the checkpoint I had used, then explained to someone what I was looking for and the two of them were able to get my watch from the employee who had found it. No one made me feel like nuisance. Announcements and signage were clear. It is confusing for many people that US Customs is there, but I think the airlines should warn travelers. I flew Etihad and was told when I checked in at Kathmandu that US Customs was in Abu Dhabi so I was prepared. After reading other reviews, I was nervous changing planes at Abu Dhabi. But my experience was positive.

"small and crowded"

Verified Review | I had a connecting flight in Abu Dhabi airport, arrival at terminal 3 and departure from terminal 1A. The terminal itself was small and crowded, didn't find any place to sit and relax, Wi-Fi connectivity was good, it looked more like a domestic terminal than international, toilets very dirty and few food courts.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"going to avoid this airport"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | When I first arrive at the Abu Dhabi airport, I was expecting a four or five star category type of airport. Well, from this experience, it doesn't even come close to being a 3 star at all - heck it's even worse then KLIA to me. Airport is way too crowded, there is not much seat for the transits, not much restaurant, and worse of all, for the first time in my life, I have to queue up for nearly 10 minutes to go into the male toilet, like seriously. I'm going to avoid this airport at all cost.

"poorly organised airport"

Poorly organised airport, came in from London and took around a hour to get through security which was a joke as I was told not to worry about my watch, ring or belt and when it beeped I was waved through. Duty free is chaos and the food court is a joke as there is not much choice and they have so many members of staff who just walk to the front and order their usual disregarding the queue. When you get to the gate they seem to chat for a while and give out constant messages but either the microphone is not loud enough or they are speaking too fast they you have to go up and ask them what was said, seats are uncomfortable esp when you have a long transit time.