Abu Dhabi Airport

"comfortable and treated well"

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi Airport is good. There is shower for passengers and the airport is comfortable and feel treated well. The food and beverage selection is quite good but lacks Asian variety. Airport seems to be a bit crowded around 9 to 11pm.
Date VisitJune 2017

"signage was awful and confusing"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | What a terrible airport this really is, overcrowded right from the word go and you have to use shuttle buses from your arrival gate to a transit/arrival drop off area which is cramped with buses queuing just to drop passengers off. As I was transiting signage was awful and confusing, if you have not been here before then you hit security and as is customary in this part of the world they have the minimum security x-ray machines open which in this case was just 2, until one official had the brain wave to open a third as passengers soon ballooned to large queues. Staff were really disinterested and seemed untrained at times, once through after 15 minutes again signage is confusing and then you are met with so much overcrowding its unbelievable! People sitting anywhere they could as there were not enough seats. Toilets are a disgrace so if you can hold until you board the plane then do so. If this is the shining example of this city then its a huge embarrassment to the country and must be avoided at the peak hours of late night and early mornings. Announcements are garbled at best and those trying to speak clearly at the gates can hardly be heard or speak very poorly to be understood. I fear because of the situation in Qatar I have to run the gauntlet of this airport later in the year, something I'm really not looking forward to.
Date VisitJune 2017

"disappointed for the inconvenience"

Verified Review | I am absolutely disappointed for the inconvenience myself and other passengers directed to Sydney encountered at the airport. I bought a bottle of water at the duty free shop and I was obliged to drink it all before boarding as it was not allowed. The alternative was to throw it away. I can understand there might be restrictions for specific flights but I see the issue at the duty-free free shop. Why did not they inform me of these restrictions as they scanned my boarding pass? This is the question I asked myself which remains without a valid answer and made my experience at the airport quite bad. I really hope you can do something in order to avoid these issues happen again in the future. Good cooperation among all the services and security operations at the airport is required in order to keep a high quality standards.
Date VisitApril 2017

"a very out of date airport"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | A very out of date airport where security screening queues for transit passengers are a nightmare. Upon leaving our aircraft we made our way towards the connecting flights signs only to be greeted by long lines of passengers waiting to pass security. It took us no less than 40 minutes to get our bags screened in order to make our way to terminal 3 which was another 10 minute walk. Very disorganised especially at peak times. I hope the new airport will solve these issues.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"amazing arrival experience"

Verified Review | Amazing arrival experience at Abu Dhabi Airport. It took us only 15-20 minutes from the plane to the taxi. By the E-gate facility we passed through passport control within a couple of minutes. By the time we reached the baggage carousel, our baggages were already there.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"my number one to avoid"

(Austria)

Abu Dhabi is an incredibly busy airport to avoid at all cost, famous for the lack of toilets (just Google it). When you manage to find a toilet they are very dirty and have massive queues (10 minutes). Not enough seats at the gates and they are uncomfortable as well. Another lengthy security check also when in transit. Crazy! Again, this airport is my number one to avoid.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"signs are little confusing"

Verified Review | Signs are little confusing. Even for connecting flights you need to go though a security check. However, it only took less than 5 minutes for this on both occasions. Shopping is nothing compared to Dubai with hardly any shops there and wifi is terrible. At most you can send whats app messages.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"really trying hard to make this old airport function"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi are really trying hard to make this old airport function. For transit passengers it can be a little like a warren to navigate - and for short flights the "barn" style departure area is a bit past it's capacity. Eihad are squeezing the most they can out of this tired establishment - but it still works.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"US pre-clearance painfully slow"

Horrible management at Abu Dhabi Airport. The US pre-clearance part of the process is painfully slow and badly managed. I would rather complete my immigration in the US where they know what they are doing. Waited in queues for over 2 hrs when there were not too many people around. They were literally opening each luggage before passing it through the scanners which just seems counter productive.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"experience was not good"

My experience of Abu Dhabi airport was not good. Unfortunately we had to spend quite a few hours there. There are very few seats, none of them comfortable. No food outlets to speak of unless you walked to the Sky Plaza. You were not allowed to check in your luggage until 3 hours before travelling, so we had the extra expense of putting it in the left luggage which was expensive. Unfortunately when our gate appeared on the board, the computers went down. Then chaos rained. The queue was more than 10 deep and went for a good distance. We stood for at least an hour, not moving but because there was no-one organising the queue it was chaotic. People were pushing in with loaded trolleys but there was no-one to stop them. It was the worst experience I have ever had at an airport and hope I never have to use it again.
Date VisitNovember 2016