Best Cabin Crew

WOW air

"live and learn"

Major blizzard on the east coast. Every other airline that flies here waived penalty fees for changes. Not WOW air. They got their aircraft in and out and were not the least bit concerned that no one could get to BWI to catch the flight. So, either pay the $86 fee or abandon the ticket. Clearly their goal is to make as much money as possible in the short run, no matter how much it costs them in the long run. Should have read the reviews here before booking. But, live and learn.

"horrified by WOW air"

My review is a repeat of countless frustrated flyers with WOW air. I wish I had read them before I bought my tickets! Departed Baltimore over seven hours late. Passengers were given no explanation by ground staff. After our aircraft arrived, those with connections were told we would have to stay in Reykjavik for the night. During the flight from BWI there was nothing offered to eat or drink, passengers understood it was food for purchase, the attendants claimed there was nothing aboard the plane. Upon landing in Iceland a few lucky passengers near the front of the plane were given a bottle of water. Ground staff were unspeakably rude and careless. I requested a seat on one of several flights leaving for London within a few hours - and was denied. I requested a refund for the London section of my flight to put toward a seat with another carrier leaving in a few hours - and was denied. The hotel was a disgrace, finally arrived in London the next day exhausted, unsettled and horrified by WOW air and their treatment of their passengers. I frequently fly and am no stranger to budget flying, and this was awful. I read some of the other reviews that warn you to stay away from this airline. If you are lucky enough to be reading this before booking your flight, then great.
RouteBWI to LGW via KEF
Date FlownOctober 2015

"service is what you expect"

I flew WOW air from Amsterdam to Reykjavik and back. The cabin crew and airport staff were friendly and both flights were on time. The plane we flew in on the way back seemed new. The tickets were cheap and the service is what you expect from a budget airline : you pay for luggage and all food and drinks on board.
RouteAMS to KEF
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"expect them to be reasonable"

Baltimore Washington to Keflavik. I accidentally purchased an overhead bag instead of a checked bag. Called them and asked to pay the extra amount for the checked bag and was told that it was nonrefundable and that I would have to purchase a second costly bag. Was told "those are the rules" as though nobody could do anything about it. I asked for a supervisor and was given an email - she hasn't even had the decency to respond after 5 days! One can accept their nickle and diming but I would expect them to be reasonable and at the very least to be courteous and responsive! Completely unacceptable!

"worst customer service"

London Gatwick to Boston via Reykavik with WOW air, and the absolute worst customer service I have experienced. Flights were never on time and hidden fees were obscene - $5 for a cup of water on a transatlantic flight? Fly Icelandair or Norwegian air instead. Similar pricing and they value their customers and their money.
RouteLGW to BOS via KEF
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the worst customer service"

My flight was cancelled 2 hours before departure. I was heading to a family funeral and had to pay $1000 for another flight on a different airline to get there on time. I am still waiting 4 months later for my refund with no luck yet. Probably the worst customer service I have ever come across. I'm so frustrated and angry and disappointed.
RouteBoston to Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"never choose again"

Will never choose WOW air again. My flight from London Gatwick to Iceland Keflavik was more than 24 hrs delayed and because of that I missed a day tour which was not refundable. And the bagging regulation was really really strict. Saw some people were not charged the bagging policy. Although the price was comparatively cheap, it might cause a lot of troubles which will not be worthy when you calculate at the end. So I do not recommend .
RouteGatwick to Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2015

"customer service was non-existent"

Flew Reykjavik to Berlin with WOW air. No on-line check-in, only 2 agents on duty. One hour prior to departure, still 100 people on line. Surly agents arguing, very noisy and confrontational. My turn finally, my carry-on bag was OK but told I could not take my purse. Would not let me put my purse into my bag. Made me pay $70 again to check bag and to keep my purse. Tried for a refund but customer service was non-existent. Not low cost, big $$ grab, they even charge for water on board.
RouteReykjavik to Berlin

"get what you pay for"

Expect delays. You truly get what you pay for with WOW air. Terrible delays each way from BWI to KEF, on the way to Iceland the plane had to stop on a military base in Newfoundland and refuel for three hours. Staff did not keep us updated nor did they at least offer some water. On way back, the plane sat on tarmac for an hour before leaving and upon arriving at BWI experienced another malfunction and couldn't let us off the plane. Cabin crew left us standing in the aisles for nearly an hour. With this type of service, I imagine WOW will not be in business for long.
Date FlownNovember 2015

"not be flying this airline again"

Boston to London Gatwick via Reykjavik. My WOW air ticket to London through Iceland was reasonably priced and I was excited about the airline, thinking I got a good deal. I had a small backpack and a carry-on size suitcase with me. I have never had problems taking these two items on the plane with me as carry ons before. When I got to check in in Boston, they told me it would $50 to take the bag with me, or $80 to check it. I paid $50. I didn't have any trouble getting from Iceland to London, or back from London to Iceland. I had paid for my carry-on online, which cost me $45 for the way back. On my flight from Iceland to Boston, they stopped me as I was boarding the plane and said I could only have one carry-on bag. This is ridiculous, I had already flown this airline 3 time and paid close to $100 with these bags. After arguing for a while, I was charged another $45 to check the bag. All in all I paid close to $150 for carry-on luggage. And not to mention they charged for all food and drink, including water on the plane. These were international flights. Don't be fooled by their 'cheap' pricing. I will not be flying this airline again anytime soon.
RouteBOS to LGW via KEF