WOW air

"staff clueless and indifferent"

Trip Verified | Flight from Toronto to Reykjavik was cancelled at last minute. I find out only after arriving at airport. Airport staff were clueless and indifferent. Was given an email address to claim refund. Four months later, despite over 20 letters and despite having completed their online claim form numerous times, have only been refunded for my air fare. Have received absolutely zero refund for hundreds of dollars spent on WOW air website booking hotel, tours and airport flybus. Their "customer swrvice" comes down to: delay, delay, deny claim, keep money. My advice: Stay very far away from this terrible company.
RouteToronto to Reykjavik
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"did a mistake on the check"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to San Francisco via Keflavik. Really bad customer service before my flight. I did a mistake on the check in and paid for an extra lauggage that I dont need called the customer service 5 min after I did the charge, spoke with 3 different people for more then an hour. At the end this guy over the phone saying that he cant help me and I wont get my money back. When I asked to speak with a manager they said that he's not available at the moment.
RouteTel Aviv to San Francisco via Keflavik

"get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | You get what you pay for. Long story short the name on my ticket was different from my passport. Obviously a problem but normally easily fixable with other airlines. I was told by the woman on the checkin counter to call customer service and they would fix it. (Three people from my flight had the same issue resolved). I called customer service and was told they couldn’t fix it because my flight was leaving in less than 3 hours. The man hung up on me. I called back. He hung up again. Same guy two more times before they blocked my number. Called from a friends phone. Got through. He heard my voice, and hung up. Then after a while I got through to them and after them stalling for three hours (15 minutes after my flight left) they suddenly were able to change the name! It took 30 seconds to make the change and I lost the flight with no refund.
RouteBaltimore to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2018

"same price as Air France"

Not Verified | Although the flights seem cheap, it will end up costing you more if not the same if you booked with a better company and a lot less is included. I bought by ticket for about $550 to go from Newark to Paris but had a 7 hr layover in Iceland on my way to Paris then a 19 hr layover on my way back. I bought it because it was the cheapest flight I could find but after paying an extra $150 jut for luggage it was the same price as if I would have just flown with Air France. Luggage is not included and neither is food and drinks. The seats were not comfortable at all and very little leg room. My seat from Paris to Rejkavik had chips on the floor. They also changed to gate twice on me at the airport and did not inform anyone. Luckily, I went to the information desk to find out what was going on since it was boarding time. The flights attendants are not pleasant, they look at you like something is wrong with you. All four flights with Wow the attendant were all the same. Unless your traveling very light, like only a book bag, then maybe book with them. Other than that, they even charge for carry ons. When I was buying my luggage, which was $75 each way, I remember a carry on being $54 each way. They even check how big your back bag is though and if it doesn’t fit in this little metal thing they have they will charge you. I seriously do not recommend. I could have spent $700 on another flight and had everything included. This trip cost me much more than I wanted it to because no one wants to spend 19 hr in an airport so I rented a car to travel around. For 1 day it was $150 and gas to fill up a smart car which was just under half a tank was $50. Food is also overpriced in Iceland as well. I would definitely average $30 a person each meal.
RouteRejkavik to Boston
Date FlownJune 2018

"cannot recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Amsterdam via Reykjavik. We were informed our flight would be delayed by five hours and we would miss our connecting flight but that we would be booked on the next flight out. When we got to Reykjavik, I think half of the travelers about 200 people had missed their connecting flights. We were routed to one line, all of us, and were told one by one that we were told to go to another line where we would be told our new connecting flights. We were told to go pick up our baggage and then go to another line to be told of our connecting flight. This took us until three hours later. They told us we were booked on the 6am flight and to be outside the hotel at 3:30 in the morning. While were were sleeping they sent us another email that we were now booked art 12 o’clock flight which was already delayed an hour, but we were to be ready at 9am for pick up. So loss of valuable vacation time and sleep! We could not even go to the town because of their ineptitude at the airport, plus they did not have sufficient staff to service all of the delayed people. While in one of the lines next to us was another line of people from a different wow flight waiting to find out their destiny. With the significant amount of delayed flights they have, wow should have this down to a science, but instead they are bumbling buffoons. They gave us a voucher for dinner, only one restaurant, and when we went to order they told us all we could order was the pizza and soda. I cannot recommend this airline, please heed my advise, until you see better reviews. Traveler be warned, travel with wow at your own risk, inconvenience, and displeasure.
RouteSan Francisco to Amsterdam via Reykjavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"never received any notification"

Trip Verified | I didn't have any negative opinions of WOW air until I got stuck in Keflavik, Iceland. I arrived to the airport 3 hours before my flight time and never received any notification via email, text or during check in at the airport. Once I got through security, only then did I slowly come to the realization that something was wrong. My gate was unlisted and all WOW air attendants at gates were absent. There was no one to ask for help except for the service desk in which 30-40 people were lined up, frustrated and angry, because almost all outbound WOW air flights were delayed to varying degrees. Only 15 minutes before boarding did I discover that my flight was going to be delayed from 9pm to 1am the next day. The worst part is that I met many other stranded people who had wasted 14 hours because of the complete lack of organization of this slapstick sideshow that calls itself Wow Air. My suggestion on future improvement for WOW air is that they halt all expenses towards their peddling ridiculous pink gaudy outfits for their attendants and redirect their time, money, and energy towards getting their customers to their destinations on time. This lackadaisical airline is an international equivalent of Frontier Airlines and despite an economical ticket, the real cost will be your time.
RouteKeflavik to New York City

"Flight gets cancelled"

Trip Verified | . Terrible experience! Flight gets cancelled due to plane issues, after 8 hrs sitting at the airport all 200 passengers got put in a hotel and promised to receive an email within 2 hrs for a new flight confirmation for next day. Nobody had received any emails till next morning after which people start calling , sitting for over an hour on hold, given wrong information. Eventually by late afternoon we were booked on flights to Baltimore and NYC. WOW air keeps asking us to buy our own tickets and refund us later. In Baltimore - same story - several hours at the airport and nobody booked. whoever could afford bought their own tickets. the others were sent to hotels and promised again an email for confirmation with a flight for next day WITHIN 2 HRS. No emails for the next 12 hrs. Its already almost 48 hrs , people are getting anxious and start calling. I personally called 3 times , first time stayed on hold for 45 minutes second 1 hour and 3rd 1.5 hours. Finally he tells me I am booked for a flight to Dallas with Delta at 6 pm. I go to the airport and meet the rest f the guys who were also told same thing. turns out flight was actually 6am not 6pm. Delta tells me they can send me to Atlanta and then Dallas but I have to pay $75 to reserve a seat and $25 for my baggage, otherwise there is no guarantee they will put me on the flight. Finally almost 60 hrs after the whole adventure started I am home in Dallas. I contacted many times WOW by email and nobody responded. Contacted the by personal message on Facebook with no response. Finally made a public post on Facebook and they responded told me to log in their website to claim for a refund. The log in requires a booking number, but I purchased the ticket though a third party so the booking I have doesnt log me in. I told them and they never responded back. I would never recommend them to anyone.
RouteKeflavik to Baltimore
Date FlownJune 2018

"Do not fly with this airline"

Not Verified | Edinburgh to Toronto via Reflavik. Do not fly with this airline no matter the seemingly low price! On our way home from Edinburgh, our flight was delayed 5 hours with no explanation. A representative told us to arrive at the airport the usual 3 hours before for check in, so we did. We get there and check in is closed. Then, because of the delay, we miss our connecting flight and need to spend a night in Iceland, without our luggage (because they lost it and were unable to tell us where it might be/when we would get it). At least WOW Air paid for everyone's hotel and food, as Iceland is expensive. Then, the next day, we try to board our flight home, and multiple peoples' tickets are denied. They assigned seats to multiple people. A line of about 50 was waiting for this to be resolved. Then, the plane leaves an hour later than scheduled after the confusion. We get to our destination and again need to sit on the plane as the doors won't open. When we finally get off, our baggage still hasn't made it and we have to wait and hope they ship it. They give little explanation, no apologies, and don't seem to know the information themselves. Our bags still aren't trackable. I do not trust this airline and neither should you. Horrible. And this is on top of their ridiculous fees for carry on and checked bags. And we had to take extra vacation days and paid double for parking as we arrives outside of our planned date and lost our deal. We're just lucky this was on our way home - this could ruin a vacation and I think it did for some other people.
RouteEdinburgh to Toronto via Reflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"$100 just to bring our bags on"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Keflavik. My issue with WOW Air didn't start in Gatwick it actually started the day before in Stansted. My connection from Edinburgh was a bit late arriving to Stansted and the bags took longer than expected. I arrived to the check in counter with around an hour before my flight was departing. The first thing I saw when I got to the check in counter was a woman was being denied on the flight to Iceland, the flight I was getting on. The woman behind the counter could care less. And this was assured when I stepped away for just a minute to tell my two other travel mates we aren't going to be able to get on the flight. When I arrived back to the counter two minutes later the Wow employee was already gone. We decided to give Wow another shot and book a flight with them the next day departing out of Gatwick. After spending $300 a piece, so $900 total for one way tickets, we found out that we would have to pay another $100 just to bring our bags on. 51 pounds to check a small piece of luggage which is normally a carry on for every other airline and 37 pounds to bring on a small carry on item. Onboard when the refreshment cart came by, the staff asked me what would I like to drink? I responded water. She said, we only have bottled. I said okay, that is fine. She then responded with that will be 3.50 pounds. I just spent $400 dollars on a one way ticket and you can't pick up the bottled water for me?
RouteGatwick to Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"should have let us deplane"

Not Verified | Reykjavik to Cincinnati. We have not taken off. Still sitting at gate due to mechanical problems on another flight. It is 1.5 hrs taking off late, likely will be 2 hrs. While we all appreciate customer service to all travelers, it is inconsiderate to leave 200 people on uncomfortable seats for 2 hrs. Announcements were made that it would be a few minutes. 90+ minutes is a lot more than a few. They keep apologizing but should have let us deplane.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy