Top 100 Airlines

WOW air

"5 hr delay for connecting flight"

San Francisco to Edinburgh return via Reykjavik. No inflight food or entertainment, though food is for sale at a ridiculous price. The luggage fees are crazy too. A 5 hour delay for the connecting flight from Reykjavik to Edinburgh. The plane for return flight was not clean, trash on floor. A 2 hour delay again from Reykjavik to San Francisco. And another hour just sitting on the tarmac. Terrible.
RouteSFO to EDI via KEF
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not sure you save any sort of money"

Reykjavik to Montreal. I am not sure if you save any sort of money by flying with WOW Air. They advertise flights from Montreal to Iceland for 189$, but when you add the extra costs for buying a seat on the plane (10$) and paying for a checked luggage (70$), you end up at the same price of Icelandair. Times this total by 2 (for your return flight) and you have a ticket that is closer to 550$. Note that there is absolutely no entertainement onboard. They don't even serve water (you must buy water bottles for 3$). Overall, my flights were slightly delayed. I am not totally disapointed but for equal price, I would definitely choose another airline.
RouteKEF to YUL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"felt like we had been kidnapped"

Verified Review | Baltimore Washington to Paris via Keflavik. We felt like we had been kidnapped after they intentionally departed us from BWI, lying to us, knowing they were canceling their flights out of Iceland (KEF), June 9/10 2016, until further notice. We were totally abandoned without any form of customer service in Iceland at the airport. After hours of confusion, we went to the IcelandAir service desk, who had service people there to talk to, booked a flight to Paris, which was our destination. It cost us an additional $1,145, passing through Oslo, arriving 13 hours after our original time, but we did get there thanks to other airlines. Upon return to the USA, I tried submitting a claim with Wow Air, but they only have an email address which provides some initial lip service but then quickly plays dead when they never follow up on anything and then stop even sending their form-letter responses back.
RouteBWI to CDG via KEF
Date FlownJune 2016

"Worst experience ever"

Edinburgh to Baltimore Washington via Keflavik. Worst experience ever. We travel to Europe 2 to 3 times a year. For the first time we decided to try WOW Air because of the price. You get what you paid for. Delayed for 7 hours total without an explanation. After boarding we were sitting on the plane prior take off for about 3 hours. We missed the connection flight back to USA and got stuck in Iceland for one day. Rude ground personnel and not helpful.
RouteEDI to BWI via KEF
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"customer service is unhelpful"

San Francisco to Keflavik. My original total cost was $880, and it quickly became $1,900, which defeats the purpose of why I chose this airline. After already paying 200$ for seats and luggage, they switched my flight and the seats and luggage didn't carry over or get refunded. I have to double pay an additional 200$. Customer service is intentionally unhelpful, and ignores e-mails. When you call them, they charge $26 for the phone call. They refuse to help at all. They pretend to help on Twitter, but never offer explanations, answers, or refunds. Often times their help is counter productive, like deleting the seats from your selection. They also charged me a change the date fee of $86 twice for literally no reason, and they won't answer any questions about it. Anytime they do respond to an e-mail they pretend as though I never asked about it, even after 30 e-mails and a phone call over the course of a week. Their customer service team needs to be replaced.
RouteSFO to KEF
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"the customer pay for their problems"

Booked a ticket that I had to reschedule for later this year. I paid penalties of course, which i can understand. Now the company sends me an email to tell me that a part of my flights had to be cancelled. I had a round trip Los Angeles to Lyon via Keflavik. They cancelled both Lyon sectors. Their emails mentioned that I can get refunded just the cancelled flights. What am I gonna do with the rest of the tickets? My vacation plan is not to stay in KEF! So I'm calling customer support, and they tell me they can proceed to refund my tickets in full - but not the $172 penalties! Not happy! I did not pay penalties for a flight that does not exist! Conclusion: do not book with WOW, bad customer service and company does not take ownership of their internal problems. They make the customer pay for their problems.
RouteLAX to LYS via KEF
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"excellent value for money"

Verified Review | Bristol to Baltimore via Keflavik. Considering we flew economy, the leg room was great and seats very comfortable. The cabin crew were brilliant and very friendly. This was a low cost airline, but the service was excellent. The flight leaving Bristol was on time, and the departure from Iceland was also on time - we actually arrived at Baltimore earlier than scheduled. We would chose WoW again as it was excellent value for money.
RouteBRS to BWI via KEF
Date FlownJuly 2016

"this is by far the worst company"

Verified Review | I was scheduled to fly WOW Air out of Paris CDG airport to Keflavik Airport. From there I was scheduled to fly to my final destination of Boston Logan Airport. I arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport at 10:30am and was notified upon check-in that my second flight from Keflavik (WW125) to Logan was overbooked and that WOW Air would try to get me booked on another flight. Myself and 14 other passengers were displaced from our flight and told to wait near the check-in desk for further information. We waited until noon when we were told there would be an update, but we were given no more information at that time. In fact, we ended up spending 11 total hours waiting to learn what would become of us, with very limited response from WOW customer service. We attempted to call, Skype, Tweet, and Facebook message customer service because we were getting no answers from the employees at the airport. Unfortunately, the majority of our efforts were completely ignored and we were essentially left in the dark for the entire 11 hours of waiting at CDG. We were finally notified at 9:30pm that new flights and a hotel had been arranged for us. The catch with the new flight plan? It was almost twice the length of the original flight and we had to be back at the airport at 6am the next day. By the time I got to the hotel, checked in, and got ready for bed, I only had a few hours available for sleep before I had to wake up to get ready for my early new flight. Thanks to this egregious overbooking, a simple trip back home turned into a 44-hour ordeal that left me utterly exhausted. I have traveled by air countless times and have never had an experience even remotely close to this. On top of all of that, the WOW claims process is an utter nightmare to deal with. I am owed a decent sum thanks to EU regulations regarding overbooked/cancelled flights, but it's been 5 months since I filed my claim and I still haven't seen a cent. I write in often, but they always tell me my claim will be paid out in the next few days. This seems to be their operating system with customer service - just ignore you and put you off until you finally relent. This is by far the worst company I've ever had to deal with.
RouteCDG to BOS via KEF
Date FlownMarch 2016

"would not recommend to anyone"

Verified Review | We travelled from Boston To Dublin via Reykjavik in August 2016. We were a bit sceptical about flying with them because we had never heard of them before and the reviews were not good. We pondered for a day or too and decided to book it through Expedia. The night before travelling we booked in online, we saw a notice about booking in bags but thought it was a bit silly to book in bags when we were not even sure about how much they would weigh. We arrived at the airport and reported to the desk for boarding passes. The attendant asked us to put our bags on the weigh machine and then stated that it would cost 152 USD for the two bags. We asked why that much and she said it was because we didn't book and pay for them the day before. I asked if I could go and book them in online and come back to her. She said no, it should have been done before, it's too late now. We paid the money and noticed a women in the next check in to ours, crying because she had to pay for her bag and she had no money and no credit cards. The attendants stated that these were the rules. After boarding we were informed that food and drinks would be sold in any currency we wanted or a credit card - nothing is complimentary. There was no entertainment, music or wifi. We are home now and sent a complaint to WOW air, but not even a sorry - just letting us know that these are the rules that we agreed to. Will never fly with them again and certainly would not recommend them to anyone.
RouteBOS to DUB via KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight turned out to be terrific"

Verified Review | We'd heard a lot about WOW Airlines and all the lost baggage, poor customer service, and huge flight delays. We had trouble, for example, with our initial online flight reservation getting confirmed. But, when it came the day to travel from San Francisco one-way to Reykjavík on WOW Air, our having kept our fingers crossed paid off. Our flight check-in was very smooth, our departure gate was no mystery (even if it was, you can't miss the plane, for goodness sake!). Boarding was efficient with plenty of room to settle in for the 7.5 hour flight. The seats weren't very comfortable, and that did put a crimp in the plans to sleep our way over so we would be ready-to-go when we arrived 5 am the next morning. But with all the anxiety running up to the flight, the flight turned out to be terrific and we would use this airline again.
RouteSFO to KEF