Top 100 Airlines

WOW air

"never recommend this airline"

Verified Review | The flight from Boston was fine. Landed in Keflavik and changed planes. Fifteen minutes into the flight over the Atlantic the Captain told us we had to return to Keflavik. Small problem we were told. Appreciating the interest in our safety was fine it was after we returned and were given no information from WOW without having to track them down. We never did see a WOW representative. The young lady who was trying said her company just represents WOW and that she could not call WOW because they were in town and it was too hard to get ahold of them. Our flight was scheduled for 6:20 at 9:30 we were told they rescheduled us for a 3:30 take off. They had total disregard for those who would miss their European connections as it was not their problem. I missed a play which I had paid for and it was not their problem. Planes break I get that but the lack of customer care was astounding. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. It’s cheap but I guess you get what you pay for! Think twice before you book your flight.
RouteBOS to LGW via KEF
Date FlownApril 2016

"definitely fly with them again"

It used to be that the cheapest flights round trip to Iceland would run you 1800$ RT, with WOW Air we were able to get return flights from Boston for 230$ return - I like the snarkiness bit of flare that can be seen throughout their airline, plenty of power outlets. If you're used to carrying a lot of baggage, it may be the same price to go with another airline like IcelandAir, etc. We paid 98$ for two checked bags for each leg. - We were only able to get the cheap deal on the tickets by going to Wow's website and couldn't get a reasonable price having a connecting ticket from Chicago. In so, we had to buy separate RT tickets from Chicago to Boston incurring the risk that if there was enough of a flight delay we would eat the cost (I booked our flights into and out of Boston with almost a day of leeway, resulting in a lot of down time at the Boston Airport - it is not the greatest airport to have down time). Our tickets with United ran us 180 (or 160?), we would received two free checked bags with United since we're part of their loyalty program, so we chose to go with them for their second set of tickets despite their prices being slightly higher than the competition. - No inflight entertainment/wifi - utilize those power outlets! We had no issues with our flights to and from Boston to Reykjavik. I noticed upon booking our tickets that they only allow 1 carry on bag and that has to weigh 5 kg (11lbs) or less. Not your standard carry on bag and a "personal item (laptop bag, purse, etc.), but you are allowed only 1 carry on bag. This is all listed on their website. You also have to pay for any checked bags. It is cheaper to pay for any additional bags (to be allowed to have a larger carry on, a checked bag, etc.) in advance (at least 24 hours) than at the counter. There were three of us (my husband, brother, and me) so we opted to pay for two checked bags between us, and we all just carried a simple bag between the three of us as our carry ons. When we were in line to check in on our flight from Boston to Reykjavik, we noticed that a huge issue most people had was not realizing they couldn't bring their standard carry-ons and checked bags without any additional fees (they would say, "We always have done this with no issue!"). We only paid 99$ for our trip to Keflavik and 129$ for our flight back to Boston (we had bought return tickets with United to connect us from Chicago to Boston), so I think it's perfectly reasonable to pay extra for all of that other stuff. I can understand the negative reviews regarding flight changes and delays - but that can happen with any airline. Wow Air is a small company with comparatively smaller staff (our flight attendants were on all of the brochures!) with cheap prices. I will most definitely fly with them again.
RouteKEF to BOS
Date FlownApril 2016

"less expensive for same dates"

Verified Review | I had a good experience with WOW air from Baltimore Washington to Berlin Schönefeld return via Keflavik. All flights were on time. A321 is narrow body but seats are more comfortable than many US airlines economy seats. WOW air has no complimentary in-flight service or amenities, and no on board airline entertainment or WiFi. One carry-on bag limit (5 kg/11 lb) is strictly enforced. Prepay for checked luggage and seat assignment. My WOW air fare was $500 less expensive than full service airlines for the same dates.
RouteBWI to SXF via KEF

"abruptness and rudeness"

Verified Review | Keflavik to Boston with WOW Air. The only good thing about this airline was the fact we got off. Budget cannot be used in a lower context with WOW air. The worst part was that the staff are rude, abrasive and don't appear to respect the customer. This translates to abruptness and rudeness for the customer and in my case, haggling over bolt on fees they could try and charge me at check in (clearly the myriad of hidden costs on their website isn't enough)! With the hidden fees, this airline isn't all that cheaper and doesn't compensate for the rudeness encountered, I would have preferred to pay a little more for better service!
RouteKEF to BOS

"the worst airline ever"

Baltimore Washington to Keflavik. I have travelled the world in all classes and at sixty years old can safely say this is the worst airline ever. Budget doesn't even cover the poor service, unreliable flights, cramped quarters, and limited food options. Understaffed from desk to cabin. I will never fly WOW again. There is too much competition in price, destinations, and options to suffer this again.
RouteBWI to KEF

"very unreliable airline"

WOW air flight to Keflavik was delayed by an hour and the return flight was delayed by 6 hours. I can understand delays happen, but I have no idea why they didn't attempt to make contact with passengers if there is a significant delay. The flight was a 6.45am flight, meaning we were at the airport at 4.45am, the flight was delayed till 12.10pm then again to 12.40pm - am yet to find out if it will delayed yet again! No explanation was provided, instead were told to step aside and wait for an announcement while they request some vouchers for the inconvenience. For the 6+ hour delay, each passenger was offered a 1000 (krona) coupon to be used in the airport or onboard, this wasn't even enough for a coffee and muffin. Other passengers and myself were less than thrilled with this, will never fly with this company again. Poor service and very unreliable airline. Stay clear, its not worth your time!
RouteKEF to LGW
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"get exactly what you pay"

The price was right, $300 round trip Boston to Copenhagen via Iceland but quite often you get exactly what you pay for. They keep cancelling or changing your flights without first contacting you to discuss option. You just get an e-mail telling you another date of departure. Also very rude reservation agents. I was trying to book a flight back to Boston, after they rescheduled on me 3 times. They were not very helpful and did not want to resolve the problem and hung up the phone on me. This is not the first time that this airline is hanging up the phone on customers. I have heard that this is happening quite often. If you have to be in a certain palce at a certain time this is not the airline you should be looking at. This airline is only good if you have alot of time on your hands and you are not in a hurry to get home. Extremely disappointed in their customer service. You have to pay for your suitcases and carry on. No food on board, but you can purchase. You have to bring your own blanket. They do not supply anything. It is just the bare bones. You just have to make sure you have extra days in case they cancel on you.
RouteBOS to CPH via KEF
Date FlownDecember 2015

"had no problem whatsoever"

I was hesitant about flying with WOW air, never flown a low-cost carrier before but was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. Really nice plane from Baltimore to Iceland. I didn't upgrade seats but had enough room and power outlets. I found the flight staff really friendly and helpful. I weighed all my luggage before arriving at the airport and had no problem whatsoever. Any problems were the fault of the airports (I'm looking at you Terminal 3 at CDG), 8/10 for price and overall experience.
RouteBWI to CDG
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"live and learn"

Major blizzard on the east coast. Every other airline that flies here waived penalty fees for changes. Not WOW air. They got their aircraft in and out and were not the least bit concerned that no one could get to BWI to catch the flight. So, either pay the $86 fee or abandon the ticket. Clearly their goal is to make as much money as possible in the short run, no matter how much it costs them in the long run. Should have read the reviews here before booking. But, live and learn.
RouteBWI to KEF
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"horrified by WOW air"

My review is a repeat of countless frustrated flyers with WOW air. I wish I had read them before I bought my tickets! Departed Baltimore over seven hours late. Passengers were given no explanation by ground staff. After our aircraft arrived, those with connections were told we would have to stay in Reykjavik for the night. During the flight from BWI there was nothing offered to eat or drink, passengers understood it was food for purchase, the attendants claimed there was nothing aboard the plane. Upon landing in Iceland a few lucky passengers near the front of the plane were given a bottle of water. Ground staff were unspeakably rude and careless. I requested a seat on one of several flights leaving for London within a few hours - and was denied. I requested a refund for the London section of my flight to put toward a seat with another carrier leaving in a few hours - and was denied. The hotel was a disgrace, finally arrived in London the next day exhausted, unsettled and horrified by WOW air and their treatment of their passengers. I frequently fly and am no stranger to budget flying, and this was awful. I read some of the other reviews that warn you to stay away from this airline. If you are lucky enough to be reading this before booking your flight, then great.
RouteBWI to LGW via KEF