Top 100 Airports

WOW air

"not offered any assistance"

Verified Review | Wow Air was a real disappointment. I flew from Copenhagen to Reykjavik one way without issues, however the return journey was a terrible experience. My flight was scheduled to depart at 7am, however at 9pm the night before I received an email to inform me that the flight has been delayed till 2.50pm due to "unforeseen circumstances". I was left in a frantic search for another flight as I had a connecting flight and would have missed it due to this new timing, and luckily found a (very expensive) seat on Icelandair at a similar timing. At the airport I saw several other travelers stranded and not offered any assistance. Some were not as lucky as they didn't check their emails the night before and were not aware of the change. It has been 5 months since the missed journey, and I am still waiting to hear from WOW air about the unused flight - fly at your own risk.
RouteCPH to KEF
Date FlownMarch 2016

"definitely fly them again"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Keflavik to Frankfurt, the ground crew were really helpful. The aircraft was new and legroom was outstanding, better than many non-low cost airlines. I was assigned seat 3A for free. The cabin baggage policy strictly limits passenegers to one bag, but I found the policy rather relaxed, in that they did not check the weight of my bag. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Food you have to buy on board and the prices were rather steep. The entertainment was not enough for me personally, as Iceland is rather remote and almost all flights have a 3 hrs+ duration. In addition, I found the seats to be rather uncomfortable after 2hrs. The price was the Wow factor as I booked the flight on the same day of flying. Considering the price, I would definitely fly them again and recommend the airline.
RouteKEF to FRA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"didn't feel it was a good value"

The ticket was relatively cheap, 350 euros from Paris to Boston via Keflavik, so we decided to give WOW air a try despite its bad reviews. However, we don't plan on taking the airline again because we still didn't feel it was a good value for our money. Here are some points that we found particularly frustrating: There were very few agents to check in at the CDG airport in Paris, which meant we waited in a long line (perhaps this is why we did get away with taking our regular sized carry-on luggage for which one would normally be required to pay a fee on WOW air) - Our transit at KEF was relatively short, which meant we had no time to buy food or fill our water bottles in the airport. This was when we really did not appreciate having to pay for water on board and felt that it was a bit abusive on the airline's part, especially for a 5+ hour flight. We ordered the pizza for 8 euros, which was tasteless and quite considering the price. Many of the food options were sold out or unavailable. Our flight to Boston left about 30-45 minutes late due to the airline needing to locate someone's luggage, which meant unloading and reloading nearly all the luggage . After deplaning in Boston and getting through the immigration line, once we arrived at the luggage carousel we still had to wait more than 20 minutes for the luggage from our plane to arrive.
RouteCDG to BOS via KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service from the stone age"

Verified Review | Flew Baltimore to Berlin via Reykjavik. I booked WOW air because of their supposed affordability - but that is really a sham. By the time a traveler adds all the hidden fees: bags, cabin luggage, even the hardest seat without the option to recline costs - the difference is actually not that big. Still, I figured I would try it. The seats are hard as boards and don't recline, not even water is provided free of charge. The worst thing is if you need customer service, you are left without support - I contacted them on multiple issues and each time I was asked to email the supervisor. She either never replied or she replied five days after my flight. I would rather pay 100 (USD) more for the assurance that I can get assistance. WOW air cannot be compared to other established budget lines, like easyJet. It is service from the stone age.
RouteBWI to TXL via KEF
Date FlownJuly 2016

"fly with another airline"

Verified Review | Bristol to Keflavik. Flight was delayed, I know this happens but when I tried to call WOW air to explain that this meant I would miss a connecting flight and a bus to a remote area they simply could not have cared less. This resulted in me paying a lot of extra cost for a brand new connecting flight and a hostel room. Their level of customer service when speaking to me was terrible. The cost of the flight begins cheap then soon goes up as you have to pay extra for hold luggage. If at all possible fly with another airline whenever possible!
RouteBRS to KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"wasn't worth the slightly cheaper flight"

Keflavik to San Francisco with WOW Air. Flight delayed 4 hours. Bag pickup delayed to 1.5 hours after landing. Don't fly this airline if you want anything to be on time! There were constant delays in several parts of the trip, overall we lost a lot of time and it wasn't worth the slightly cheaper flight. Also no free water on the 9 hour flight.
RouteKEF to SFO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"they failed to communicate with me"

Verified Review | Firstly the positive - nothing against the planes they used which were clean and comfortable, the pilots who were friendly and informative or the charming and helpful young man at Keflavik who helped to sort out one of the "mess-up" Wow had made. Now, I booked and paid for two specific seats 14 months before the flight - out and back. The day before each flight, when I went to check-in online, Wow had changed them and on both occasions had sat my wife and I far apart from each other. They failed to deliver my case to Iceland, with all the contents I required for my walking holiday, especially in the constantly changing weather found in Iceland - boots, waterproofs, warm clothing, everything. Despite repeated attempts by me via emails and phone, by hotels we stayed at, and by our travel agent in Iceland, they failed to communicate with me at all about such things as whether I could buy some replacements etc. It took them 10 days to get the bag to me and only then because a friend started to use Twitter to "name and shame" them.
RouteLGW to KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"steer very clear of this airline"

Verified Review | San Francisco to London via Reykjavik. The airline has managed to lose 4 out of my 5 checked in suitcases. No one at WOW will tell me whether they even left San Fransisco! It has now been three full days. I am truly disappointed that I am expected to wait until the airline officially declare my bags as lost before I can even contemplate a case for claiming for lost goods. The turnaround time for customer services to respond to enquiries can be up to 72 hours? I would steer very clear of this airline. Never again.
RouteSFO to LGW via KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"worst airline I have ever flown with"

(Spain)

Worst airline I have ever flown with. Myself and my husband took a return flight from San Francisco to Alicante via Keflavik. After a long layover, the flight was delayed with no information about the new time. During the more than 9 hours flight from Keflavik to San Francisco, the cabin was so cold everybody was trying to cover themselves with whatever they had on hand. The little girls behind our row, were literally shaking. Of course, you had to pay for the blankets or any hot drink to warm up. On top of this, our luggage never arrived and after two days, no information about it has yet been provided to us. The name of this company is, without a doubt, very ironic.
RouteALC to SFO via KEF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"have never experienced such poor service"

Verified Review | What a disorganised, disjointed airline this is. On the way out, I dutifully checked in online only to find a lengthy check in queue at Gatwick. I was informed that Wow air did not offer a bag drop facility at Gatwick and so I would need to line up to check in again. Why offer the facility online if it doesn't work? My return flight must have been the same as the passengers below. No mention of delays when leaving the plane at Reykjavik, no mention of a London flight at all on the boards and nobody at the service desk. We had to resort to getting a disembarking air steward to call somebody down to the service desk. The lady who turned up did not actually work for Wow and bluntly told us of the delay, as well as stating that no vouchers for refreshments would be given as delay was sub 3 hours. So basically, if your delay in less than 3 hours then tough, you get nothing, nada, zilch. The fact that I'd booked a flight with 1.5 hour stopover and actually ended up waiting 4.5 hours meant nothing, despite the fact I wouldn't have booked a flight with such a lengthy stop. By the time we actually took off, delays had reached over 3 hours, yet they still saw fit to charge for inflight refreshments, despite having given their customers nothing in the airport. The airline is no frills, so the lack of food, drink and entertainment was no shock to me and I planned accordingly. The lack of service, information and delays were however news to me. I've flown a range of carriers and have never experienced such poor service.
RouteYYZ to LGW via KEF