Wizz Air

Wizz Air customer review

Main problem is their website. I often have problems trying to check-in. The first time also had problems with website changing title from Mrs to Mr which meant I had to call the premium rate line to get it fixed (which they did without fuss). So you need to budget for an hour or two of your time plus a five minute call to a premium rate number into the total cost. Then you may find its more cost effective to pay a higher price with another airline or just pay their airport check-in fee. In short a reasonable alternative to Ryanair but Easyjet is better at twice the price (if they serve your route).

Wizz Air customer review

Luton-Warsaw-Luton. I printed my boarding passes (2 pages) from the online site and did not have any bags to check-in. The planes were bright. Cabin crew friendly. Leaving the plane at Warsaw delayed because it seemed impossible to find steps that would reach to the right height of the aircraft door. Same problem on return leg. On the outward flight seat pitch was comfortable but on the return seat pitch was very cramped and uncomfortable. Luckily the plane was not full and no-one sat in the middle seat of my row but this is not ideal for a long flight. I used their minibus service from Warsaw airport to the city. As we arrived late at night and with a delay I was pleased the bus had waited. Driver friendly but drove like a maniac down long straight roads with little traffic from the airport and through a few red lights. Overall good service but would hesitate to use Wizz again because of the seat-pitch being so small.

(Finland)

Wizz cancelled our flight just like that. Got the full refund after two attempts. They also charge for everything possible : baggage card payment.

Wizz Air customer review

We have flown Wizz Air many times as we have property in Romania and they are great. My mother is disabled and was lifted on the plane at Luton and helped at other end at Tirgu Mures Airport. The stewards were excellent for the money it was excellent. We love the new route to Tirgu Mures as it is a central location.

Wizz Air customer review

Luton-Bucharest. My problem is with the Luton Wizz Air staff who were terrible. They were rude to everyone checking in that evening and then managed to lose our luggage and we realised why when we looked at our luggage receipts and they had put bags under completely different passenger names. Staff at Bucharest (not employed by Wizz) were polite and helpful but only managed to get our bags to us the evening before we flew back to Luton. Wizz air appears to have no customer services-only very expensive tel numbers with staff as useless as those at Luton.

Wizz Air customer review

Luton to Budapest. Flight supposed to be 2025 got to gate to embark and they called a 2 hour delay as problem with plane. Estimated time for flight in the end was 11.00am the next day and I doubt whether that happened. Myself and a lot of others decided not to fly and it took over an hour to get our bags back off plane. Decided to book with easyjet. I lost 1nights accommodation 1 taxi transfer and too tired to do anything as by the time I arrived in Budapest just wanted to sleep so wasted day. Airport staff at Menzies were unhelpful (police were even called as a lot or irate people). Tiny prices but pathetic service will never fly Wizz Air again.

Wizz Air customer review

Luton to Budapest and back. Everything went to plan seats comfortable and thought it was very good value.

(Bulgaria)

Flight from Bergamo Italy on 6 May was cancelled. I learnt about this when I arrived on the airport 2 hours before the flight - no sms no call no warning from Wizz. Then they made me wait on a queue for 1:30hrs to tell me that I have to wait 3 days for the next flight or just buy a ticket for tomorrow from RyanAir which will not be reimbursed. WizzAir personnel didn't know nothing and just pointed the passengers to the ticket desk. They said the reason for cancellation was airport officials were having a strike but all the other airlines were flying and there wasn't a single cancellation besides Wizz. My guess is that because the passengers for my flight were around 30 people - they decided to just cancel it. Otherwise I don't see any reasonable explanation. Exercise strong caution!

Wizz Air customer review

Luton-Prague. The ticket was much cheaper than competition on this route. Most problems with this trip related to Luton Airport and not the airline. Boarding slightly delayed due to a engineering inspection but kept well informed. Food and drinks offered onboard and crew appeared polite and efficient. Bags on the belt as I left passport control.

Wizz Air customer review

On the outbound flight to Kiev - no card machine working so payment in cash only for any drinks etc on the flight. Inbound flight from Kiev they just happened to have the same problem but Wizz Air Ukraine cannot accept Ukrainian currency on their flights so we had to go without food or drink for the whole 3 hour flight. Add to that the fact that the bags are free on Wizz Air Ukraine so didn't pay for them or book them the bags online. No problem on the way out but on the way back refused to take the bags until I paid them 692 Hrvnia. Don't use them unless you don't eat drink or need to take luggage with you.