WestJet Airlines

"pleasant experience with WestJet"

(Ukraine)

I would like to share my experience with WestJet. In June 2015 I had a flight from Calgary to Kyiv with 2 stops in between. Due some regulations and circumstances I wasn't able to take that flight. I was concerned a lot about the situation that occurred and I have contacted the costumer service support. I was satisfied with solution, but mainly I want to thank for pleasant experience with WestJet customer service. All replies via email were fast. They were straight to the point and all replies were pleasant and polite and I got some personal understanding. The solution was found really fast.
RouteCalgary to Kyiv via Hamburg
Date FlownJune 2015

"is on the expensive side"

At the desk, WestJet charged for our bags while telling us that they were saving us money. Charging extra for bags meant that the overhead was stuffed by the carry on luggage weasels. The flight was delayed at the gate while this was sorted out. On the return, same thing. When we got to YYZ, we were late, and there was no one to operate the gate. So, we waited quite a long time on the runway. Some people find the corny jokes from the staff amusing. We prefer fewer (maybe better) jokes and better more efficient service. And when you add up all the extras charged, WestJet is on the expensive side.
RouteYYZ to YWG
Date FlownOctober 2015

"loved the customer service"

I have only flown with West Jet over the past ten years. We used them twice to Cancun and loved the customer service. West Jet is so easy to deal with. Seats are pretty comfortable and I find that they go above and beyond for there guests travelling. Many of the crew are very funny and make little jokes to get people to lighten up before we fly and they are doing the presentation. We are using WestJet again from Edmonton to Toronto to Punta Cana for our honeymoon and are so excited!
RouteEdmonton to Windsor
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"above and beyond and were impressed"

We flew WestJet to Halifax on Sept 18th and back to Hamilton on Sept 21. We cannot say how impressed we were with the crew on each trip. Besides the fact that we loved the "homey" touch of the attendants on the way to Halifax, one attendant on our return flight to Hamilton went out of her way for me - I had left my jacket at the restaurant/lounge we had been at before boarding and she was able to get a CSA to find it and deliver it to the plane before take-off. We considered that above and beyond and were impressed. The flights themselves were smooth and the landings perfect. We are certainly going to look at using WestJet as much as we can when we fly.
RouteToronto to Halifax
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"the service was wonderful"

Our Calgary to Regina flight with WestJet was delayed through weather. However, the service was wonderful. Came off a late transatlantic and we were both frazzled. Member of staff gave us bottles of water and chatted to relax us. Really impressed and grateful. Good flight and service.
RouteCalgary to Regina
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"staff very pleasant and professional"

My wife and I flew WestJet from Glasgow to Halifax. We live in the north east of England, and for economical reasons, and WestJet offering a direct flight from Glasgow to Halifax we thought this made sense. I must say what a lovely airport Glasgow is, from arriving at the WestJet desk, to landing in Halifax, the WestJet staff, cabin crew etc, were very pleasant and professional. And on the return flight we got the same professional service. I only wish westjet would consider this route all year round. We will definitely be flying with WestJet again.
RouteGlasgow to Halifax
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"excellent service with free upgrades"

We have just flown WestJet and do so frequently from Newfoundland to Toronto. Excellent service with free upgrades due to personal circumstances on this sad trip. Ground staff at Deer Lake amazing and couldn't do enough to help at this time. I am from the UK but live in Newfoundland now, WestJet need to put a year round service from Gander into Manchester, UK.
RouteDeer Lake to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"WestJet was accommodating and empathic"

I recently had to make a change to an existing flight due to a death in my family. WestJet was accommodating and empathic. They switched my flight, finding me the best price. Offered me a bereavement discount and no charge on my luggage. They also told me that should I need to extend my flight they would waive the change fees.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"crew very friendly and accommodating"

Very pleased with both the outbound and return WestJet flights. Both flights were at inconvenient times (very late at night and very early in the morning); plus the outbound one was 1.5 hours late due to pilots arriving late from a connecting flight, so we arrived in Moncton at 2:00 am! Nevertheless, the flight crew on both legs were very friendly and accommodating, the seats were comfortable with exceptionally good legroom (better than I've experienced on several transatlantic flights), and the planes seemed in good condition. The outbound plane had individual IFE screens, but they were tiny and I didn't bother. The return plane was newer and didn't have any screens. I wouldn't hesitate to fly WestJet again for flights up to 3 hours.
RouteToronto to Moncton
Date FlownAugust 2015

WestJet Airlines customer review

Cabin is ok, flight crew were nice but definitely not professional. During the safety demo they flight attendants were joking around. I understand they want to make the flight enjoyable and stress free, there is a time to be a clown. I am a frequent flyer thought I would give WJ another chance but sadly this will be the last time. This airline is not made for the seasoned flyer but for someone who rarely flys. The announcements in the terminal for boarding are way to long and it feels like they are like to hear there own voice. Paid extra for the "plus" seating. It was a bit worth it but you get what you pay for. The flight was excellent, very smooth. Also when doing the meal service please cut back on the jokes and stop trying to be "buddy buddy" with everyone. WJ should talk to their employees about this "toilet paper game" they have going on. Very unprofessional. Would I recommend this airline to others? Yes, for none seasoned travellers and no for people going on business travel it is just too rowdy at times.
RouteToronto to Calgary