WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

Why doesn't Westjet just admit they are removing the inflight TV service that we all loved? Vancouver to Hawaii is a long trip with nothing to watch. We hear all these different excuses like "it's a new plane" "allows for more leg room" "it hasn't been installed yet". Just tell staff to be honest and tell everyone to bring their own movies or music.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Vacation from Toronto to Dominican Republic. May 25-13. Flight left ahead of schedule and arrived in DR 30 mins early. Staff friendly service good. On return flight on time staff friendly landed 15 min earlier than schedule. Seats are comfortable but a little tight could be an issue if on a long flight. The only complaint is movies/TV are on air for only 2 hours and flight is 4 hours with no music channels to keep you occupied.

WestJet Airlines customer review

May 25th we flew to Las Vegas. Received an e-mail prior to our flight advising us that there may be satellite issues about 30 minutes outside Canada but there were pay-per-view movies etc. available. Flight to Las Vegas is perfect for a movie. By the time the movie is done so is the flight. You can imagine our surprise when we found no televisions on the seatbacks. On the flight back we received an e-mail advising that there were televisions on the seatbacks. Both times the flight crews announced that this was because of the plane being new. Oddly my sister had the same thing happen on a flight to Palm Springs last year only this time they claimed it was because of the extra leg room. Instead of televisions they claim they provided us with additional reading materials - about more Westjet vacations! If all we get is additional leg room say so. That way we can decide whether it is worth staying with Westjet or going across the border for cheaper rates. On a short flight leg room isn't going to be all that and I'm tall!

WestJet Airlines customer review

WJ used to be a very good low-cost airline. I have seen a gradual disappearance to what made WJ unique and my choice. Have only flown with them regionally during the last 2 years. My biggest complaint is how often they are late or delayed. Passengers are not given the truth as to why planes are delayed. I would rather know that my plane is going to be 2 hours late rather than told several times that it will be 1/2 hour late. My second complaint is how uncomfortable the seats are now! I'm a 5'4" woman who is not overweight and the seats are so narrow that I find it difficult to get comfortable at all. Sitting beside someone with any normal width to their shoulders has us touching each other and I feel I need to keep my arms as close in as possible - making for a very uncomfortable situation. The seat in front has been moved so that it's difficult to read a magazine at times because it presses up against the seat in front. Flying WJ is now like flying Air Transat or other charter company flights. I also find now with the odd exception the inflight crew to be disinterested and not very friendly. Last the inflight entertainment system - small screens don't work half the time but the biggest annoyance is the advertising that we are subjected to! I do not want to be bombarded with WJ advertising! I hope WJ reads some of these reviews and reformulates their model!

WestJet Airlines customer review

Shocking flight to Bermuda. Since the flight was full and they had some sort of weight problem they took 20 people's luggage off the plane. This is very bad since Westjet only flies there every couple of days and we're not going to get our baggage for minimum 48 hours. They could have asked us to prioritize our luggage or leave a piece but instead they just took off about 10% of people's luggage. Certainly they have all our contact info so they could have talked to us and they definitely could have had someone meet us at the other end and explain the problem. Instead we all wandered around the baggage carousel for about 30 minutes then made our way to the baggage desk even though Westjet knew our stuff wasn't there. Making matters worse I found out that Westjet does this all the time and they are chronically behind in getting people's luggage to the island.

WestJet Airlines customer review

18 Oct 2012 Vancouver to Ottawa. Most liberal in terms of use of earphones. Also inflight entertainment gets switched on for you to watch from the time you board the plane all the way to landing and arriving at the gate.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Vancouver to Calgary on May 26th with my 2 children. My son has Down syndrome and autism so he travels with a Service dog. Our flight attendant was friendly and personable and she asked if there was anything extra that we needed and anything she and the other flight attendants should know in case of emergency. She pointed out to me that there is an extra oxygen mask which in emergency I could put on the service dog no other flight attendant had ever pointed that out to me before after 5 years of travelling by plane at least once a year. It was not a busy flight so the check in desk even gave our family an extra seat so there would be more room for the dog to stretch out. A pleasant travel experience.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Several years a go I flew WestJet and was pleased at the whole experience so when my son decided he was getting married in Mexico we immediately choose WestJet but the West Jet of yesterday no longer exists. The seats are extremely cramped there was no movie on a 6 hour flight and if you wanted something to eat or drink you paid for it. I recently flew to Cuba on Sunwing and not only was it more comfortable but they offered us 2 meals 2 movies and two pieces of luggage for free all of this cost the same as WestJet. I only hope West Jet listens to their customers and returns some of the perks that came with flying on their airline.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I will never fly Westjet again. I'm a seasoned traveler and have never experienced this kind of incompetence. My 6am flight was cancelled we were unable to get another flight until 4.30pm. The food is awful and their TV's didn't work. What a horrible experience and a waste of a day.
Seat Comfort N/A
Value For Money N/A

WestJet Airlines customer review

I am an experienced flyer but had never flown with WestJet until a few days ago and I will never fly with them again. The service on the Cancun to Toronto flight was appalling. I was flying with my sister who has 2 young children. We were boarded first but only after approaching the attendants as there was no pre-boarding call. Once on the plane my sister asked if she could go to the back to stand with her 5 month old child to put him to sleep while the plane was loading. The flight attendant said no there was no room so have a seat. After take off passengers were bombarded with merchandise play books (as there was no in-flight entertainment provided) headsets food drinks duty free. You had brief mins. of opportunity to go to the washroom as the aisles were always blocked by carts and you were told to sit down and wait while they finished their task. The staff were very unprofessional and rude. At the end of the flight passengers were not even acknowledged as all the attendants were at the back of the plane talking amongst each other.