WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

Not the same at is was years ago every single flight I've been on has been late and either there was no Satellite service or no TV's. My mother flew with them yesterday from Calgary to Kelowna and the flight was also late! The staff used to be the friendliest I've encountered but that also has changed.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I am not sure I will fly with them again unless I have no other choice. The seats on the plane are extremely cramped and my back was killing me by the end of the short 2.5 hour flight. I much prefer having the option to watch a movie that I don't have to pay 6 dollars for. I would much rather have a TV selection that I get more choices from not just whatever happens to be on TV at the time. I would forgo the snacks to get that option. The staff were good no complaints there and the plane was on time.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Vancouver to Maui and was very disappointed with the service provided on the flight. No food no movies and the staff was not really friendly. Nothing compared to my excellent experience with the same company 5 years.

WestJet Airlines customer review

My wife and I booked a round trip to Cancun. Turns out Westjet is a rather ordinary airline with the usual amenities. We travel at least twice a year and have flown with several airlines and Westjet is just another hohum get to the destination boring company. I think they have lost their uniqueness in a big way.

WestJet Airlines customer review

My wife and I had flown to Las Vegas for a wedding getaway and honeymoon. WestJet boasts the largest seats and greatest legroom. I'm 5'7" and was extremely cramped. The fellow beside me was 6'4" and almost had his knees in his ears. The seats were very narrow very uncomfortable. There was almost no padding in the seats. They didn't recline more than a couple of inches and there wasn't even room for a laptop to be put on the fold down table. It was a 707-700 so seats were 3 across. Between my wife and the fellow on the other side we had no choice but to put the arm rests up so the 3 of us could sit quasi-comfortably. The flight attendants were obvious unhappy with their jobs. Out of the 4 3 of them were just blank faced and walked around like robots. The air circulation system wasn't working properly the forward toilet kept clogging up. So all in all this was an extremely unpleasant flight.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Vancouver to Los Cabos. Horrible flight passengers very loud and noisy flight staff not happy no movies as advertised. New rate change in fares went to book return ticket and advised no economy fares left but I could have a very expensive plus fare. When I went in to review seats the flight was only a third full and most of the plus fares were at the back of the plane. I flew down for $216 but they wanted over $600 for a fare home on a flight that at this time is only half full. Not sure what's happening with Westjet between their fares and customer service delays etc. I will be giving my business back to Air Canada as it doesn't appear that Westjet is interested in keeping their loyal customers.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Prince George via Vancouver to Calgary over-nighted with family then back to airport in morning (10 people). On to Varadero Cuba I was not too happy when I discovered that we were split up on the plane. It was better coming home as we were all together after speaking with the Westjet agent at our resort. Flight back to Prince George was great. In Calgary the agent told everyone that the televisions may not work and suggested that we buy magazines to read. The movies were great both going and coming from Cuba.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flew from Vancouver to Maui and found out that it was a 6 hour trip with no entertainment unless you rented a tablet from them to watch a movie. Total money grab and really put the flavour that you're riding a cheap airline. It was the same on the way back. We didn't notice anything different than any of our other flights that would have indicated there was not going to be any entertainment offered. I could tell from the reaction staff were friendly and they couldn't do anything about it.

(Dominican Republic)

I am very limited as to who I can fly back to Canada with from Punta Cana. I have flown 4 times now on WestJet. Each flight was on time and the service and comfort on-board met the expectations. One must remember you are not paying for 1st class seats. That being said I found for my 5'9" 190lb body that the seating was more than adequate. Traveling with an infant can be a challenge and the staff at the check in as well as on the plane did what they could to be of assistance. Food quality was better than I expected and for once I have found an airline that serves cold beer. The onboard TV only works half of the way. I am planning another trip home and even if there were more options for me I would choose WestJet.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Let me start by saying that I have flown WestJet for many years and it has always been my first choice in airline when planning our next vacation. This past experience was by far the worst I have ever had. We left Edmonton late due to "mechanical" delays but they ensured us we would catch our connection in Vancouver. We landed in Vancouver to find out our connecting flight just pushed away from the gate (but still on the ground). They rerouted us to Toronto. We couldn't land in Toronto due to weather so we flew to Ottawa. They wouldn't let us pull up to the gate so the entire plane sat for 2 hours. We were not offered water or any form of refreshment. We then flew back to Toronto and again just missed our connection... but the connecting plane was still on the ground. We were offered a hotel and told to pick up our luggage. We waited 2 hours for the customer service people to find our luggage... which was in Vancouver. The flight the next morning was 30 minutes late and I have never had such rude crew staff. They were more interested in complaining to each other loudly than serve beverages. We waited 90 minutes for a glass of water. There was also no inflight entertainment on this flight. When we landed in Cancun they said they would bring our bags to us... we had to continue to call them over the next 36 hours until our luggage finally arrived to us. The flight home was better in general... expect it was 3 hours delayed because of required crew rest. One of them yelled at me which I found very rude and uncalled for. I have been a loyal customer of westjet for years... this was a terrible experience.