WestJet Airlines

"So disappointed"

Verified Review | Full plane on a Friday night returning to Edmonton to Las Vegas. Wife and I seated near the back. Wife takes window seat leaving me in middle with a very large woman who arrived ahead of us. To not be rude I tried to squeeze in and had 1/2 a seat. She struggled to do up seatbelt with extender attached. I was pushed to front of seat for the 3 hour flight. I tried to make the best of it and be polite but when I tried to ask Westjet for some kind of help or partial refund since I was only able to use part of the seat, they wrote back and said that they would never try and intervene to help a passenger since we may have been "together" and it would be rude. She was on the plane when my wife and I arrived! We never shared a single word! I couldnt even see her since I was forced to sit forward and sideways to accommodate her. But we were forced to sweat on each other from shoulder to ankle for the entire flight. I know it was full flight but all I wanted was some kind of acknowledgement from westjet and they basically said it's not their problem. So next time I am forced to fly with them and have such a large seat mate I will take their advice and deal with it on my own. So disappointed.
RouteLas Vegas to Edmonton

"great entertaining staff"

Verified Review | Kelowna to Ottawa via Edmonton. Excellent service from Westjet. On time, great entertaining staff, outstanding. I was upgraded on second flight to Westjet plus. This was a first for me. It Lots of room, great free food. West jet has become the standard for Canada travel in my opinion.
RouteKelowna to Ottawa via Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the seating is too tight"

Verified Review | Flew Ontario to Vancouver with WestJet. Great service but the seating is too tight, wish there was a more comfortable way to fly without paying a crazy amount of money. Felt like we were crammed into a sardine can. The flight attendants were excellent but what a narrow aisle they have to work with for serving snacks and drinks.
RouteOntario to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Comfortable and seamless flight "

Verified Review | Great flight from Montego Bay to Toronto, friendly crew, meal and snack was boxed but good. Tablets provided for entertainment if you did not have your own screen (Plus only). Kids were occupied with the entertainment system. Legroom was great, bottled water upon boarding, zone 1 boarding, worth the upgrade. Comfortable and seamless flight for the family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids, 12 and 7 yrs). I would repeat for sun destinations as most of the competition is also discount (e.g. Rouge, Sunwing). Good job Westjet!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMontego Bay to Toronto

"Very unpleasant service"

Verified Review | Québec to Toronto. This flight was my first with Westjet. Technicaly, it was a good flight, with the exception of the lack of seating comfort (like be seating on a school bus bench) and the unpleasant mood of the two flight attendants. They get very impatient with our two years girls, since she didn't want to seat during the landing and she was crying. Few minutes before the landing, one of them told me that if my daughter don't sit, the pilots will have to divert the flight to an other airport (!). Very, Very unpleasant service.
AircraftBombardier Q-400
RouteQuébec to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Very friendly and professional"

Verified Review | Toronto to Orlando. Excellent flight. We left Toronto on time and we arrived in Orlando before the scheduled time. Very friendly and professional staff. They offer bilingual services. The plane was clean, but no individual entertainment flight system on each seat. That's the only negative point.
AircraftBoieng 737-700
RouteToronto to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2017

"attendants were very friendly"

Verified Review | Toronto to Québec. Despite the lack of comfort of seats, the flight was pleasant. The flight attendants were very friendly. No delay, left and arried as schedule. I enjoy the flight. I would recommand to improve the comfort of the seating, since it was the only negative point of this flight.
AircraftBombardier Q-400
RouteToronto to Québec

"definitely recommend WestJet"

Verified Review | Orlando to Toronto. I enjoy my flight. Good service and professional flight attendant. I was served in French at the Westjet counter in Orlando, a service impossible to have in Toronto. I definitely recommend Westjet.
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"such an unorganized mess"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Vancouver to Gatwick. The flight itself was nice; I got a seat on Economy Plus, and the 9 hours from Vancouver to Gatwick went by quickly. But once I got out of the plane, it was completely chaos. I had a layover in London, before going to my final destination in Copenhagen, and I was told in Vancouver that my baggage would be sent all the way to Copenhagen, however I had to verify with a Westjet Agent in London. Arriving in London I looked and asked for my baggage, but it didn't arrive and I was told that it should have arrived, because it only said "Gatwick" and not "Copenhagen" on the baggage strip, thus I hadn't been told the truth in Vancouver. I went to Denmark without my luggage, which didn't arrive in Copenhagen either. Then, a long struggle to get in contact with Westjet started - I wasn't provided with the right number to track my bag from the beginning, so I had to contact Westjet by facebook, because I didn't get a reply via email. When I finally got the right tracking number, they hadn't written my email and phone number properly, and didn't seem to care to check (the first days I wasn't contacted at all and didn't know what to do). The correspondance on Westjet's website was quite random and insuficient. I asked several questions I never received any answers to, furthermore I wrote emails directly to Westjet that were never replied. I was suddenly told that my baggage had arrived in an airport in Denmark, even though I wasn't provided with any information of the flight number, date or the new tracking number to my luggage. I rushed to the airport, where I was told that my bag hadn't arrived, and furthermore that I didn't have the right numbers to collect it. Several days went by where I still didn't get any proper answers to my questions on my lost bag, when it finally came and I was contacted directly from an agent from the Danish airport, who had been obliged to look up my phone number because Westjet had given the wrong number. The whole situation was very frustrating and confusing, and it seemed like nobody within westjet wanted to take any responsability - I was in contact with 8-9 different agents during the whole period. I got tons of insufficient information; single phrases and random info that didn't match. Furthermore, from the beginning I got 5-6 different numbers and had no idea which ones to use. Again, the trip from Vancouver to Gatwick was nice - but make sure you never lose your luggage with Westjet, because I've never experienced such an unorganized mess with any airline before in my life! And it's not the first time my baggage is delayed...
RouteVancouver to Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Westjet cancelled my flight"

Verified Review | Montreal to Toronto. Westjet cancelled my flight to Toronto because of lack of staff. The problem is I was supposed to go to Korea from Toronto but since WestJet cancelled theirs, my flight to Korea was also interrupted and I ended up going to China through Air China. WestJet only offered me 100$ for cancellation. This is absurd and I would never take WestJet again.
RouteMontreal to Toronto