WestJet Airlines

Review by (Canada) 20th June 2015

My wife and I just returned home from our trip to Cancun, Mexico. Our airline was WestJet. Words cannot describe the great treatment we received from one of the flight attendants.
RouteToronto to Mexico return

Review by (Canada) 15th June 2015

We were headed home from Vancouver Island, hoping to have two or three weeks of travel time to arrive back in Ontario. On June 2nd we heard from our youngest daughter that she had been admitted to hospital. We drove to our closest major centre for airline travel which was Calgary. We arrived at the ticketing agent at about 1.50 pm and the agent on hearing our situation took things in control, calling the gate to say that she was sending a passenger who needed to get on their flight that was boarding in 20 minutes. She processed my ticket, waved extra baggage costs and put me into a premium seat so I could disembark quickly. I made the flight and arrived home in time to talk to our daughter before the night was out. I/we will will definitely fly Westjet in the future.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCalgary to Toronto

Review by (United States) 12th June 2015

Westjet consistently provides poor service. They oversell leaving passengers stranded. Their flights are often delayed because flight crew are over assigned. If the flight they are working inbound is delayed then the outbound flight is accordingly delayed. Happens all the time. I am a regular Delta long flight patron. Deltas relationship on domestic with Westjet has caused me to reassess that. I will redirect my long flight business away from Delta going forward.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLGA to TPA

Review by (Canada) 3rd January 2014

My wife and I recently returned from Bahamas via Toronto to St. Johns Newfoundland. Flight 424 was scheduled to depart Toronto 8.10 pm on December 21st - arrive St. Johns 12.40 am on Dec. 22nd. Our departure time was delayed leaving Toronto until after 9.30 pm. 30 minutes before our scheduled landing in St. John's the pilot informed passengers that the plane had been diverted to Gander Airport and a further update would be provided at Gander. 10 minutes after landing (around 2am) the pilot announced that St. John's Airport was closed and that our plane was flying back to Toronto. After another wait of 10-15 minutes the steward came on the PA and asked the passengers for a show of hands as to those who wished to get off in Gander. There was no alternative offered in terms of how we were to get to our intended destination of St. John's no suggestion of assistance of any kind. The steward announced that passengers would be allowed to leave the plane in groups of 6. That we would all walk down a ramp onto a snow filled tarmac then search for our luggage. Once off the plane and inside the Airport there was not a WestJet representative to be seen. It was 4.40 am before I was able to get my wife and myself a taxi to the closest hotel. The next day we had to book a rental car to return home to St. Johns.
Value For Money N/A

Review by (Canada) 31st December 2013

WestJet is a terrible disorganized inefficient airline. My family's short flights from Toronto to Quebec and back were both delayed for several hours without any logical reasons for the delays. Almost 12 hours before our return flight WestJet somehow already knew there would be what started out as an hour delay to what is now a 3 hour delay. The West Jet employees don't even seem to know why or they know and are giving us lame excuses such as the crew has flown too many hours and the weather is bad (other airline flights have no delays at the same airport). They tried to compensate us with a $10 airport food voucher but we would rather have our flight be on time so that we can go home!

Review by (Canada) 31st December 2013

Kelowna to Edmonton WS224 December 27 2013. Their customer service is matching that of their competition. Arrived at Kelowna airport 1 hour before flight. Queue was not long but slow. A customer service rep asked everyone in line their destination. Pretty much the 30 people in line said Edmonton she proceeded to tell the personell on the desks that everyone in line was destined for Edmonton. There was no effort made to rush people through to make flight. The attitude was "oh well" nothing we can do. At least 20 people missed their flight.

Review by (Canada) 29th December 2013

My husband and I were supposed to depart for Winnipeg at 9.05 pm however there was a half an hour delay. That was not an issue. We wanted to know when we should come back to the gate after grabbing a bite to eat. We waited at the counter for 10 minutes while we were being deliberately ignored by an entire West Jet crew who were joking around and talking with each other behind the counter. Finally a pilot approached us and did not have an answer for us. Being further ignored I decided to ask someone else (flight attendant). She was rude and short with me. I finally got to talk to the woman that the pilot suggested but she was even more rude. I could barely finish asking my one question because she was raising her voice over mine. I am not upset that no one had an answer for me I am upset with how we were treated and how we were spoken to. I cannot believe how difficult it was to ask 1 question and to receive a kind response. This will be the last time I fly with West Jet.
Value For Money N/A

Review by (Canada) 23rd December 2013

We were supposed to fly YYZ to LGA on Dec 22 2013 (WS 2010). We checked flight status before we left home - "on time". When we got to the gate it said delayed by 45 min. Then they said it's now cancelled. Called their 800 # and re-booked us on the 8.30pm flight - not too bad. We had to go down to arrivals to wait 40 minutes to retrieve the luggage we checked in. We went back up to departure went through immigration and security again but when we got to the gate for the 8.30pm flight it said cancelled again. Fed up we asked for a refund so we can try another airline. Air Canada and American were flying to LGA. But WestJet would only offer "credit" for future bookings.

Review by (Canada) 9th December 2013

A five hour flight to Cancun from Calgary passed by quickly. There were 4 channels of fairly new movies to choose from. A beverage and either pretzels or cookies were offered twice as well as a water "run". Staff was helpful and friendly. A very efficient check in at Calgary especially if you've printed off your boarding passes at home. Our luggage arrived always a good thing. Lots of families flying on this plane but no crying babies. It was still fairly expensive to fly. We booked in June and pre-booked ($) our seats.

Review by (Canada) 6th December 2013

I had a flight out of Edmonton connecting in Vancouver for an onward flight to Mexico. My flight was to leave at 8.40am. I arrived at 7.55am. I proceeded to a Self Serve computer that wasn't working. I then went right up to the check-in counter I was told that she would not check me in because I had missed their cut-off time of 45 minutes. There was not queue at security and it would be no problem in getting to the gate. I could have got to the gate in less then 10 minutes. The CSA was very rude and condescending she lectured me and did not provide any quality customer service. As a result I was not able to go to Cabo and had to re-book for another day. This was all because WJ would not step up and provide some great customer service. I could understand if it was a very busy time when the airport is packed and their is huge line-ups everywhere. The airport was very slow. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a major company.