Top 100 Airports

WestJet Airlines

"thoroughly disgusted"

New York to Ottawa via Toronto with WestJet. This airline inconveniences it's customers by cancelling flights to benefit it's operating costs. I have booked 4 flights within the last 2 months only to receive a cancellation notice within hours, not days, of the flight time. They claim that the cancellation is because of congested air traffic at Laguardia airport but the delays at Toronto (Pearson) airport. If you book a flight and cancel, they keep your money but the consumer is not entitled to the same treatment when they cancel - you get $6 Westjet credit. I am thoroughly disgusted with this airline and encourage all travelers to schedule your flights with another airline of better repute.
RouteLGA to YOW via YYZ

"here I sit at Gate 6"

Verified Review | Winnipeg to Gatwick. Here I sit, at Gate 6 in Winnipeg airport, as WestJet awaits a part to fix what the ground crew announced is a mechanical problem. I just hope it is the only one we have on this flight. Oh, wait. It is not. I asked for an upgrade to Plus. There was a Plus seat, but it was not available. It was broken.
RouteYWG to LGW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"exceptional service by Westjet team"

Recently flew on Westjet's nonstop service from Toronto to Los Angeles. Exceptional service by the Westjet team from the airport staff to the flight attendants to the pilots. Upgraded to Plus seating on both portions to LAX and back to YYZ. I find the Westjet experience much more friendlier than flying with Air Canada.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYYZ to LAX
Date FlownAugust 2016

"good value for our money"

Vancouver to London Gatwick return with WestJet. Our outbound flight was on time. Cabin crew were slow to respond when we wanted to order drinks after the cart had been through the cabin for the first time. Generally pleasant service though. Our return flight from Gatwick was delayed about an hour. This was due to heavy air traffic and not the fault of the airline. Once inflight, the service from the FA's was friendly and they were quick to respond to any requests. We had a problem with our call buttons and overhead reading lights not working but we were flying during daylight so at least I was still able to read. I disagree with other comments that WestJet is no frills and 'the Ryanair of Canada'. I admit it was disappointing to find out months after booking that they don't provide complimentary meals on a 9.5 hour flight, but it would not be a dealbreaker to use them again. I think we got very good value for our money and would fly WestJet again.
RouteYVR to LGW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"definitely fly WestJet again"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Toronto via St Johns. The reviews we read before our flight were not very good and we were expecting long delays at the airports but our experience was a very pleasant one. Flights were on time, attendants were friendly, polite and had a great sense of humour. Seats were comfortable, and there was a lot to choose from in the in-flight entertainment. Our return flight was equally great. We would definitely fly WestJet again.
RouteLGW to YYZ via YYT

"flight attendants excellent"

Flew Plus Class on Friday, 5th August on WS2 London Gatwick to Calgary. First long haul flight with WestJet. Over an hour delay before take off but otherwise the flight was good. The flight attendants were excellent and it is the first time I can honestly say that I've watched the safety presentation because the staff passed on a serious message with humour. The seat pitch was ok even when the passenger in front reclined her seat back. Food was very good and the sandwiches offered later were fresh tasting and filling. I had a problem with using my tablet and cable and on the return will use in house tablet etc. Overall I was very pleased with the WestJet experience and if the return flight is the same it will diminish the pain of leaving family behind.
RouteLGW to YYC
Date FlownAugust 2016

"couldn't sit with my 4-year old"

Flew on Westjet flight 1508, Calgary - San Francisco on 8/7/2016. First, the airline was delayed by 3 hours 30 minutes because the earlier Victoria-Calgary flight was delayed for an unknown reason. Meanwhile, the app claimed the flight was on time and the staff attempted to hide the delay for a while. Things didn't get better when we boarded. I couldn't sit with my 4-year old daughter, son, or wife as you have to pay to choose your seat. Seat width was small, and entertainment required you to download an app on your phone. However, the wifi at the airport was barely working (see my review of the airport). Food didn't taste good and finally, the flight attendants treated us as if we were stupid and gave my son an "awkward feeling" multiple times on the flight. Never flying with Westjet again.
RouteYYC to SFO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"pay extra for a punctual flight"

Verified Review | WestJet were terribly late both on the flight from Toronto to New York - over 3 hrs late and coming back from New York to Toronto over 1.5 hrs late and counting. Lost me as a customer, would rather pay extra $$ for a punctual flight. My time is worth more than WestJet values it at.
RouteYYZ to LGA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service good in the airplane "

Montreal to Montego Bay via Toronto. Overall the service was good in the airplane but I wished I had more information regarding luggage and alcohool transportation. I had the same luggage going to Jamaica and coming back but on my way back, they charged me 56$ us for extra weight and not going there. I had a luggage of 25 lbs and my spouse 66 lbs. While processing the border process, they informed me that I was allowed alcoohol in my cabin bag. Last year, I traveled with Air Canada and at the registration counter, they had the courtesy of informing us that we put our alcohol in our luggage. In Jamaica, the staff were very cold and barely looks at us while were trying to get info. I had to leave my alcohol back there because I had to pay extra fees again to bring those with me.
RouteYUL to MBJ via YYZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cabin felt airy and spacious"

Verified Review | Just flew London Gatwick to Toronto and back and it was the best flight our family has had. We frequently fly to the US with various carriers (favouring Virgin premium economy) but the service on these flights was the best we have recieved. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful, the cabin felt airy and spacious and everything ran like clockwork. Despite this being viewed as a 'no frils' airline there were ample complimentary snacks and soft drinks. We decided to upgrade at online check in on the way back and the service and food was second to none, the only quibble was my chair was a little broken and kept reclining slowly, a problem I could live with, especially as we landed 15 mins early. Highly recommend and would use again. The fact that the tickets were literally half the price of the competition was an astounding bonus.
RouteLGW to YYZ