WestJet Airlines

"Overall customer service is poor"

Trip Verified | I wanted to share extremely unpleasant experience me and my husband recently had with connection flight Curacao to Calgary via Toronto, flight WS675. Upon arrival to Toronto after checking in 24 hours before our flights from Curacao to Toronto WS2689 and Toronto to Calgary WS675 we found out that our flight to Calgary was rescheduled from 10:35 pm on November 19 to 7:00 am on November 20, 2017. Apparently WestJet assumed we wouldn't have enough time to connect due to flight from Curacao being delayed by 1 hour as WestJet representative made an error when checking in luggage for one or more guest in Curacao. Furthermore they assumed we may have luggage to check-in and would't make it through the check-in counter and security check as lines were long due to other WestJet flights being delay. Not only they assigned our sits to other passengers from another delayed Westjet flight connecting Toronto-Calgary but they refused us on standby after we explained we have no bags to check-in and travel only with carry-on. The response from the representative was that we are last to check-in despite we did 24 hours in advance and had our boarding passes printed. After long negotiation process and explanation of the circumstances surrounding my surgery on November 20, 2017 they agreed to send me alone on my initially scheduled flight. Needless to say how poorly and unprofessionally some WestJet staff is trained offering $25 food voucher as a compensation to my husband. After long stressful conversation with 3 westjet representatives and a supervisor we were able to claim our right to be on that flight. Inconsistent and irrational response from representatives, inability to efficiently resolve situation without management interference, poor soft skills training. Westjet used to be better. Overall customer service is poor.
RouteCuracao to Calgary via Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"almost 4 hr flight was lovely"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. Big shout out to the crew and passengers on this Westjet flight. The almost 4 hr flight was lovely for my 9 month old and I due to the kindness of everyone on board. A special thank you to the 2 male flight attendants who treated us like gold, made my daughter laugh, and did not get upset over the many Cheerios squished on the floor.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2017

"my baggage went missing"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Edmonton via Calgary. Travelled with Westjet for the first time and was highly disappointed to find out that my baggage went missing and they had no clue whether it got misplaced in LAX or YYC. After a total of 18 hours of travelling the last thing I needed was to run around trying to figure things out at YEG.
RouteLos Angeles to Edmonton via Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I never heard an announcement"

Verified Review | Calgary to Halifax. My gate was changed last minute from a19 to c70, which was on the opposite end of the airport. No announcement was made. I was in the airport at my gate, a19, and I never heard an announcement. I checked with another gate, whose attendant told me the gate was changed. I ran to the other end of the airport, my flight was leaving at 11:05pm, only to get there and was told the doors were already closed. The woman who helped me was very rude. Customer service should at least be nice to the customer. I will never fly westjet again.
RouteCalgary to Halifax

"Very bad Westjet"

Verified Review | Montréal to Fort Lauderdale. Westjet was some time ago a good company. Since last year Westjet is the worst, I got 2 flights canceled at the very last minute with no evident reason. I had to call to find out the reason no time for that. Now a broken part, waiting 5 hours - new part no good, waiting for another plane to come, 4 more hours and not sure yet if its gonna be on time. They give 15$ vouchers and believe we are happy with this. Very bad Westjet.
RouteMontréal to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2017

"delayed twice now at 8 hours"

Verified Review | Ft Lauderdale to Toronto. First time flying Westjet and likely the last. Flight has been delayed twice now at 8 hours due to mechanical issues with the flight coming out of Toronto. Now seeing a flight after us boarding on a Westjet flight scheduled later than us. Not impressed.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"remember why I don't fly Westjet"

Verified Review | Edmonton to Kelowna. I remember why I don't fly Westjet. We got to the de-icing station, fully de-iced, then got told we needed to go back to the gate because of a "latch" that was left opened. Another Westjet incompetence. 1hr late Departing, still stuck on the Tarmac waiting. I have upcoming flights with Westjet that I'm changing I just don't feel safe with this airline. Westjet's motto "We're not happy until you're not happy".
RouteEdmonton to Kelowna
Date FlownNovember 2017

"were refused entry on the plane"

Verified Review | Edmonton to Calgary. We got into the plane for our departure in Edmonton at 7:15am but didn’t take off until 8:30am. We, like most of the passengers onboard, had connecting flights that were within a short time frame from our landing time. Once we landed at 9:05am, we were stuck in the plane for 30 extra minutes as they couldn’t get the plane door open. The flight attendants first told us that we would all make our flights as the planes will be held for us. False promises. Our connecting flights last boarding call was at 9:05am. After racing to terminal A22, we were refused entry on the plane and the vessel remained there. After 30 more minutes of rearranging flights and mass confusion, the flight we “missed” was still sitting there.
RouteEdmonton to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2017

"you get what you pay for"

Verified Review | Flew Toronto to Tampa. Westjet is a budget airline and you get what you pay for, although relative to their service it is an expensive ticket. Their website can be difficult to use and customer service is very poor. Airline seats in economy are very narrow and uncomfortable.
RouteToronto to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2017

"was disgusted with the service"

Verified Review | My husband & I flew from Calgary to Ottawa, (flight #610) Ottawa to St. John's, NFLD, (flight # 24) on Sept 27th, ST. John's to Halifax, on Oct 3rd (flight # 3423) and Halifax to Calgary on Oct 18th on Westjet (flight # 229) ,in the PLUS section of the aircraft. We had friends who flew Calgary to Toronto, Toronto to St John's on Sept 27th, the other 2 flights were on the same aircraft the we flew on, but they flew in economy all the way. My husband & I paid $3847.12 for that privilege, and our friends paid just over &1700.00 for the both of them. I knew that we would be paying substantially more for the PLUS seats, and therefore I expected to receive a bit more than the economy ticket allows. What we received was the exact same food in the exact same boxes that the they did, only they had to pay $7.50 for their sandwich and we didn't. We were offered a cheese tray on one leg of the flight, the cost would have been $6.99 in economy, but in fact we didn't get the cheese tray we got the Lite-Bite, and that was $6.49 in economy. I am not sure why you would charge your "valued customers" $2100.00 more and then offer no perks to go with it. I was disgusted with the service and the exorbitant price that we paid for it. I do hope that Westjet learns a little bit about "First class, Business class, Priority" or whatever you want to call it, because right now the only thing first class about it is the price. A very upset "valued customer".
Cabin FlownPremium Economy