WestJet Airlines

"certainly use this airline again"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Gatwick via Vancouver. I had to return to the UK unexpectedly and only booked this flight from Las Vegas to London via Vancouver the night before. I couldn't print off boarding passes due to the ETA visa not attaching to passport soon enough. Arrived at the airport and WestJet staff were really helpful and sorted this all out for me. Made me feel welcome and at ease. Everything efficiently done and flights all on time. On board service was great. I would certainly use this airline again and the prices for flights are very good.
RouteLas Vegas to Gatwick via Vancouver

"will avoid flying"

Verified Review | Guadalajara to Vancouver via Mexico City. I've been flying with WestJet for years and been satisfied with their service. Recently, however, they have chosen to partner with AeroMexico and promote their flights on their site. However, AeroMexico’s standards and policies are nothing like WestJet’s. My husband is Mexican, and they refused to accept the documentation we received from the Embassy of Canada and didn’t allow my husband on the flight. They stranded us in Mexico City – at 2 am with a baby. As a result, what was supposed to be an overnight trip ended up being a three-day nightmare. We were forced to purchase last minute flights with a domestic airline to Cancun to catch a flight from WestJet that flew to Canada. WestJet's policies are up-to-date with Canada's policies and we had no issues flying into Vancouver, or with Immigration when we landed. After discussing this with WestJet’s Help Desk and contacting them through email, explaining the nightmare and asking for a refund for the AeroMexico tickets, they came back saying they do not have access to the funds so they cannot reimburse me and that my issue is with AeroMexico alone. They said it does not involve them in the least. AeroMexico refuses to resolve the issue. I passed that information along to WestJet, but they again said it’s no their issue. Now this is a company WestJet have chosen to partner with and promote these flights on WestJet website. WestJet customers trust you are going to partner with a company that will provide a service that is paid for, and in the least, have accurate understand of the policies of the country they fly into. We have lost all respect for both companies and will avoid flying with either in the future.
RouteGuadalajara to Vancouver via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2017

"there's no gate posted"

Verified Review | Booked a flight from Tucson to Calgary through American Airlines, turns out the connecting flight from Phoenix to Calgary is operated by WestJet. Not allowed to check in online. Couldn't even check in at the airport ticket desk for the connecting flight! Arrive in Phoenix and there's no gate posted on the departure board! Wandered through the terminal and no gate attendants could tell us the gate because WestJet has their departure board located at the gate! They have to be the least customer oriented airline I've ever flown!
RoutePhoenix to Calgary
Date FlownJuly 2017

"very good first experience"

Verified Review | Calgary to Kelowna. We came in international via Calgary, actualy had a later connecting flight booked but could easily change the booking catching an earlier flight to Kelowna. Though they charged us 100 CAD each for the change, we were glad we had this service provided and organized quickly. WestJet staff at the airport was friendly and helped us on instant. Onboard services were minimized due the short flying time but we experienced it as comfortable and good. The friendly staff was in for a chat and made us feel quiet comfortable for this flight. Overall a very good first experience with WestJet!
RouteCalgary to Kelowna
Date FlownJuly 2017

"they treat people like numbers"

Verified Review | WestJet treated my daughter and I very poorly. We were making a connecting flight and when we arrived we were assured by the staff that we would make our connection both when we got off the plane and when we rechecked our bags after customs. We still ran to make our flight just to be safe. We arrived and they told us we had missed it by seconds. They thought this was funny. They put us on another flight that arrives at 1:10 am so we wouldn't be able to get our rental car for a 3 hour drive. We asked them to look for another flight and they said there were no seats available on other flights. We called our travel agent and he got us on another flight so we could get our rental car in time. When I told them there were seats on an earlier flight and asked for them to rebook us they refused and said it was our problem. We were we were told that we were not their responsibility any more because they booked us on the flight that got in a 1 am the next day. We were also told it costs them too much money to hold the flight for another minute eventhough we were present and the plane just stood on the runway with the stairway attached while we sorted out what to do next. They treated us very rudely and with no respect. Our trip started out very poorly because they treat people like numbers and not human beings.
RouteToronto to Fredericton
Date FlownJuly 2017

"felt really foolish for using this airline"

Verified Review | This is the third time I have had my flight cancelled, and bumped to a later flight. I fly to meetings in Quebec, and I kept telling myself, that its just a glitch, stuff happens. But when I ran into my meeting 1.5 hours late because of a Westjet cancellation for the third time, I felt really foolish for using this Airline, when they are consistently unreliable. It has to be any other airline going forward. There is no choice.
RouteToronto to Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2017

"upset with my recent flight"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Toronto. Very upset with my recent flight with WestJet. This was an 8-hour international flight, with no food included at all. And the food for purchase is only purchasable by credit card, which not everybody has - what about those who want to pay cash and don't have a credit card and are refused food despite the fact that they want to pay for it? I don't understand how this is acceptable. And there is no blanket or pillow or provided either, while they crank up the air conditioning so that we all shiver or have to buy a blanket, again with credit card. I did buy the blanket and it was thin and ineffective - still froze in that plane. I'm perplexed that these expensive tickets we paid hundreds of dollars for don't even give us access to food or warmth.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2017

"find out they lost my luggage"

Verified Review | Montreal to Vancouver. I'm really upset. I only had a small luggage and the woman at the service was asking me if I can volunteer to check in my hand carry for free because they are lacking of space. Since she was so polite, I accepted to check in my luggage. Once I arrived, I waited for 1hour to find out they lost my luggage. They told me they sent my luggage to the next flight. If I knew the flight was so full to the point you need to send my luggage to the next flight, I wouldn't accepted to volunteer. I'm so upset!
RouteMontreal to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2017

"choose before other airlines"

Verified Review | Halifax to Edmonton. I love Westjet and I will choose them before other airlines when possible. But the new in flight entertainment systems are not great. On all recent flights the system has dropped the movies up to three times during the movie. This requires re booting the movie and trying to locate where I was when it was dropped. Also, the app doesn't recognize that I'm flying with them so I have to go to regular check in via Google. Seems a bit redundant. Don't give up your great sense of humour though.
RouteHalifax to Edmonton
Date FlownJune 2017

"very good on time performance"

Verified Review | Overall good service. I fly with Westjet 3-5 times a year with my most recent trip being Winnipeg to Vancouver (Abbotsford) return. Westjet has consistently been good value with very good on time performance. The Flight Attendant staff have on numerous occasions maintained a cheerful attitude when faced with some very high maintenance passengers that were doing their best to make things difficult. I do have to recommend going through Abbotsford airport when travelling to Vancouver. Everything is much easier to accomplish, especially those dreaded security lines. There are no crowds and you breeze through both check in and security.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford