Top 100 Airlines

Wamos Air

"seats were spacy enough but old"

(Andorra)

Madrid to Cancun with Wamos Air. Attendants at the gate were kind and let us choose which seats we wanted in the 3x4x3 configuration of the plane. The B747 was 22 years old and you could see it right away. The seats were spacy enough but old and my neighbors head support was broken. My seat had the inflight entertainment box in the foot space. The entertainment was awful (2 movies during a 10h flight, on a 6inch old and ugly black and white screen). Why putting entertainment if it is this poor? You could not unlock the controller because it was fixed to the arm rest. The service was just OK. Did not answer call buttons. You have to pay alchol beverages and the var was only offered 2 times. Some of the staff English skills were poor and I think that English for an airline attendant is a must. The lunch was average and the extras are a little expensive. At least, the flight was on-time. I expect much more from a tour company that will later bring you to a 5-star hotel.
RouteMAD to CUN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"announcements were rather faint"

(Spain)

Flying business class made all the difference (see outward flight review). Staff were no better, no worse in their attitude, i.e. very helpful, but they had more time to spend. There were also no queues for the loos at any time. However, one real problem was that the announcements were rather faint against the aircraft noise, particularly the English ones - more so than in Economy class. We can only understand slow, clear Spanish and struggled to stay informed at all. I never understood what the iPad was for, over and above the perfectly good screen, so I gave it back. The seat, screen etc worked perfectly and the extra storage room was so useful to have. The seat was very comfy as a normal seat, although my tray sloped badly to one side. Reclined all the way it was great for a while but then became excruciatingly uncomfortable as there's really no padding in places and hips dig in etc. I found it best to recline it only part way. The food was really very nice, with both the chicken and salmon being very tasty. And the champagne before take-off was a nice touch.
RouteCUN to MAD
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff were courteous and helpful"

(Spain)

Wamos Air flight from Madrid to Cancun was on time and with no real problems. Staff were courteous and helpful though somewhat rushed at times so you had to be attentive to ensure they didn't pass you by. They were very good about keeping the loos clean and supplied. Our screen worked but some instructions would have been really useful. Everyone seemed to be spending more time trying to find out how things worked than actually using them, so it wasn't just us old fogies. Negatives all revolved around the seat and the food. The seats: We chose extra leg-room seats but there was actually less leg-room than normal as we faced a bulkhead - something that hadn't been clear from the picture. So, room for my tall husband's knees but absolutely no way to stretch out your legs for ten hours. The bulkhead really needs to have cutaway areas at the base. I'm sure that wouldn't be difficult to design in. The seat itself was very narrow. Even I, as a relatively slim woman, felt my hips were jammed in. The food: The pasta starter and the rice main course were both barely edible. Quite disgusting. However, the dessert and the snack were reasonable. We were pleased that water, tea and coffee were available in fairly copious amounts.
RouteMAD to CUN