Vote Now

Vueling Airlines

"flight boarded and departed on time"

(Japan)

Verified Review | I was dreading this flight and expecting the worst given all the terrible reviews this airline gets but I suppose everyone has their good days too. Our Vueling Airlines flight was from Rome to London Gatwick. We had to check in at the airport, where we found the desks to be fully staffed. The check in lady was very friendly and polite. The flight boarded and departed on time. The cabin was clean and the cabin crew were as courteous as you get on low cost carriers. I got a couple of free glasses of mineral water when I asked. We landed on time too. All in all I very decent experience. Perhaps they are making a big effort to turn things around.
RouteRome to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2017

"may well end up paying much more "

Verified Review | After looking on skyscanner, I booked a flight with Vueling Airlines to fly from Manchester to Amsterdam. This is a 2 hour direct flight and it was the cheapest option there (£60). 3 weeks after booking I received an email stating that my flight had been changed and that I would still be departing Manchester at the same time, but that there had been a change to my flight. I was to fly to Barcelona, where I would have to spend 12 hours in the Airport before boarding the plane the following morning to fly to Amsterdam. The same change had been made to my return flight. They had added an extra day, a whole 24 hours to my flight. I obviously asked for a refund and they gave me a refund of £22 or the original £60. I imagine this was done in the hope that I would be happy I got something back and would drop the case. My advice (for what it is worth) never use Vueling Airlines. You may well end up paying much more for what at first seams like a "cheap" flight!
RouteManchester to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2017

"never recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Rome. We were told we could not have a seat on the plane just as the flight was about to leave, even though we had paid for tickets months ago. The reason we were denied? They had sold too many tickets for the flight out of what one can assume is just pure greed. We tried to check in online the day before, but my partner's Japanese passport was not accepted for online checkin, so we arrived at Gatwick 2 hours before the flight to check in, (as stated on the website) but we were told more people had checked in online before us by this time so we could not have our seat. They next flight they offered us to remedy the situation was 24 hours later. This reduced our 1.5 day weekend break to Rome to just half a day! We also ended up spending about 6+ hours talking with unhelpful (unsympathetic) reps and arranging hotels etc making it a very stressful ordeal indeed. Staff were not even apologetic and just acted as if this was totally normal, even the next day when we did finally fly the same staff who denied our flight the previous day didn't even mentioned or acknowledge the situation. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. Buyer beware.
RouteGatwick to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a parody of customer service"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I flew from Prague to Malaga via Barcelona to continue by taxi to my final destination in Nerja for a week of vacation, I got a one way ticket as my return flight has been already arranged with different company. I bought it from Iberia but flight was operated by Vueling and it was my first (and I have to say last) experience with these airlines. The flight from Prague was delayed because the plane arrived 30' late but it took the crew one hour to get us on our way. Because of that I missed the connecting flight from Barcelona to Malaga (unluckily it must have been probably the only flight on time on that day), so I contacted the customer service. As there were no more flights to Malaga they offered me either overnight stay in Barcelona and taking the first morning flight the next day or taking a flight to Granada, of course "they would arrange my luggage to be re-routed properly". I opted for the 2nd option even though it meant my cost for taxi from Granada would be double compared to the cost of from Malaga, but vacation time is precious and I did not want to waste the time. When we landed in Granada I found out that my luggage was sent to Malaga and here the whole nightmare started. The Vueling representative documented my case and assured me my luggage would be delivered to my address in Nerja the next day, ergo Tue. To cut the long story short - here's Fr night, my luggages still not here even after several calls to their "customer service" line. The customers service rep repeatedly provided assurance "it would arrive in the next couple of hours", but it never did and shouting was of no help either, because as I realised throughout the process their call centre folks just open specific claim case, read you the status but give you no guarantee that the info is correct, can't give you precise ETAs, can't call you back and can't basically do anything. What a parody of customer service is that? in the end my week of vacation was quite ruined as I was stuck without my things, had to buy a lot of new stuff plus a new suitcase, while the service line of Vueling keeps telling me that "according to their system my case would be delivered in the next couple of hours"; no word of apology beyond scripted dialogues. I can understand that mistakes happen and people are not perfect, it's natural, but what separates serious companies is how they handle such situations and how they try to fix what they screwed up.
RoutePrague to Malaga via Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Vueling were having a good day"

Verified Review | Managed to get return flights Manchester to Barcelona for £40 return for the 4 of us (2 Adt 2 Kids) during half term week. Was initially expecting an email to confirm it was an error but turned out to be a promotional fare so happy days! After reading some of the horror stories on here before we travelled I was already regretting my decision to book but have to say I was reasonably impressed. No online check-in available at Manchester and online seat reservations were about £4 each from memory which was annoying as I had already checked us in and reserved our seats for free on the return leg. 2 check in desks open at Manchester so it took a while but we got seats together and weren't bumped off the flight so that was a good start. Only a short break so no check in luggage. Departure on time on a smart new A320 with the thin seats and smiling friendly crew. Plenty of room in the overhead bins for our hand luggage. On-board service was efficient and drinks / snacks were reasonably priced. Club sandwich was tasty. Airbridge at the gate in Barcelona and so we were on the Aerobus to the city within 30 mins. And what an excellent service, €10.20 return to Placa de Catalunya. Smart, clean buses with plenty of luggage storage every 5 mins, free WiFi and usb charging ports - Manchester could learn a thing or 2!. Return flight was on time, and easier to check-in/ board as we had checked in online and reserved seats before we left the UK. Security was also a lot easier - no messing about taking out liquids in plastic bags and electronics into a separate tray like at Manchester - just throw the case through the x-ray with it all in and on your way - great! We were the last pax to get to the gate as it's quite a trek to where Vueling fly from so had to check out bags to the hold. Flight was full and on time. Smiley and friendly crew again. Made a fuss of the kids which was nice. Service was efficient and no gifts or scratchcards which was nice. People onboard saying they had paid far more for seats booked through BA / Iberia and expecting that level of service as Veuling is owned by the parent company. I bit my tongue on how much we had paid. Landed on time in Manchester and the bags beat us to the reclaim thanks to the ridiculous queues at T3. How they get away with such a small terminal for so many low cost flights is another matter. Overall I was thoroughly impressed - my only niggle is the lack of online check-in at Manchester. If it goes right they are great but it's when things start to go wrong you may have problems. Thankfully for us Vueling were having a good day.
RouteManchester to Barcelona

"service extremely poor"

Unverified | Gatwick to Paris. Flight was due to leave at 0755. Eventually took off around 0820, then some time later we were told that due to a technical fault the flight was returning to Gatwick. We waited on the aircraft for 4 hours, denied complementary refreshments or food for our children (although had missed breakfast and lunch due to the delay) unless paying for refreshments, which we eventually had to do, having young children thirsty and hungry. Advised us that we on landing would only then receive a voucher for lunch and compensation, received nothing on landing except a form to advise how to complain? Staff were unhelpful, lacked any personal skills and general service extremely poor.
RouteGatwick to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"snacks and drinks reasonably priced"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Lisbon. Great flight. Pleased that we were able to opt for XL seats with legroom. Staff were friendly and snacks and drinks were reasonably priced. Only suggestion would be that it would be a good idea to say which terminal the flight departed from. The indication on the boarding card isn't clear enough.
RouteParis Orly to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"only reachable through FaceBook"

Unverified | Amsterdam to Lisbon. Booked this flight through a website I've used for years to book all manner of flights (work, leisure etc). I wanted to take sports equipment, but couldn't find this option on their Vueling page. I decided to make sure I have some cargo space, and booked in luggage. This cost me €45. I then get an email confirming the flight, and in this email sports equipment gets mentioned. This is costing €45 each way, so €90. This already made the ticket one of the most expensive on this trajectory. I asked customer service, only reachable through FaceBook, if a can change my 'luggage' in 'sport equipment' and pay the remainder. After 5 days I'm told that 'No, this not possible, we handled everything correctly'. So I have to fork out another €90 on top of the €45 I already paid extra. The €145 flight is now costing €290. Be warned!
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"positive surprise with Vueling"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Porto. Pleasant and uneventful flight. On time departure, on time arrival. Even though there was a bit of a queue for baggage drop, the lady was very nice and she even gave us new printed boarding passes, the old fashioned way, what we really liked. Cabin crew were polite but rather cold and not very friendly, but they let us change seats to the last row, which was empty. The refurbished cabin was clean and modern, with slimline Recaro seats with tight legroom, which however did not matter as we had a whole row for ourselves. And it's fine anyway, non-lowcost airlines use this tight seating too. A positive surprise flying with Vueling, after reading all the terrible reviews.
RouteBCN to OPO
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"last time we fly with Vueling"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Gatwick. This was the first and will be the last time we fly with Vueling! The plane was sat at the terminal in Barcelona from at least 1pm waiting for take off at 5.30pm, (we could see it). A shared flight with BA and Iberia so it was not only Vueling customers they were letting down. It would seem that there was not a crew available and a standby one was called for - obviously it seems it takes a minimum of 2 hours for them to get their act together, even though this flight was known about for many months! The flight was delayed and delayed and eventually we were called for boarding at 6.20pm. The crew were extremely abrupt and constantly advised us that they were a standby crew seemingly to make us feel grateful, even the Captain reminded us of this in her speech over the intercom. A half cup of water was given out to passengers. The flight did not take off until approx 7.30pm - the blame put at the feet of Air traffic Control and the wind. The crew proceeded to do the usual run of expensive snacks (2.50 euros for a kitkat!) and teas and coffees - however, being in row 35 they ran out of time to serve us and without saying why they packed up their trolley and headed off without explanation! We landed at 9.50pm, 2.5 hours late, and a rough and jerky landing. If you don't pay the minimum of 3.99 per ticket to choose your seats you are given totally random seats. My husband and I were in the same row but sat in seats A and E, we complained at the check in desk and this was changed after much discussion. It was apparent when seated on the aircraft that this had happened to many of the passengers. Vueling, never again.
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick