Vueling Airlines

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | I was supposed to take a flight from Gatwick to Barcelona July 17 at 14:40. The flight was cancelled, and after hours standing in line and waiting we were transported by bus to London Heathrow airport as we were told we would take a flight from there instead. After another 5-6 hours standing in a line waiting, we were told that there would be no flight anyway. About 400 passengers were affected and the little information they gave out were given only to a few person face to face (no public announcement that everyone could hear). Total chaos. Total uncertainty. No food vouchers were given out and we were not offered hotel vouchers. No new flight information were given by e-mail or verbally this day nor the next day. My phone didn't work in England and eventually in the evening July 18 a kind airport service person at Heathrow lent me her phone, making me able to arrange for a new flight to Barcelona. Having arrived in Barcelona (not my final destination) I got stranded again as I had to buy a new flight to my final destination. After a roundtrip Europe-Canada, with extra expenses in London not in the travel budget - I had run out of money. No help from Vueling. I will never travel with this airline again as you risk doubling the price of your journey if you have a connecting flight you miss or worse end up stranded in a foreign country with no mean of getting home unless you have some extra 3000$ on your travel budget.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona

"consistently been misled"

Verified Review | London to Santorini via Rome. Our luggage was lost and we were told for 4 days that it would be delivered to our vacation villa. We waited, not leaving the villa all day for four days and the bags were never delivered. Each day we called Vueling at least once, and most days two times a day to check on delivery time. We leave Santorini tomorrow after waiting another day at the villa for the bags, but have still not received our bags. We have consistently been misled by Vueling staff that repeatedly assured us of delivery times that never happened.
RouteLondon to Santorini via Rome
Date FlownJuly 2017

"stressful, late cramped flight"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Lisbon. Every time I fly with Vueling I have a late flight, this time was no different. We were offered no explanation, we waited 1 hour in the airport, and another already in the airplane. Because of the wait we got hungry and wanted to buy a sandwich. We were sittig in the middle of the plane and it took 1.5 hours for the crew to get to us. Everytime someone ordered a warm sandwich they would walk to the back to warm it up, one by one. When they got to us there were no sandwiches left. Also the flight is extremely cramped (and I am 1,60 so I can't imagine what taller people go through). The intercoms were had quite a bit of static so the captain and crew were not understandable. I didn't know there could be a worse experience than Ryanair, I was wrong. I might add that this was not a cheap flight 150€ one way to Lisbon. Overall a stressful, late cramped flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Will never use this airline again"

Verified Review | Flew Vueling Airlines from Prague to Barcelona. Terrible airline. We were able to board the plane with our carry on items for the first flight we had but on the return flight to Barcelona they would not allow us to bring on our carryons because they were suddenly "too big". We flew 3 times prior to this on our trip and our carryons were perfectly fine. They wouldn't let us board the plane unless we paid $45 each for one bag. Ridiculous. Will never use this airline again.
RoutePrague to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2017

"certainly avoid Vueling "

(Denmark)

Verified Review | We bought a ticket from Keflavik to Porto via Barcelona. You would expect that the airline would check-in your bags to the final destination, and provide boarding passes for both legs of the flight at the departing airport. But no. They would or could only check-In to Barcelona, with no explanation, other than the system didn't show the second leg of the flight. We showed booking number and email, which clearly states that the ticket is for Keflavik to Porto with Vueling all the way, and not two separate tickets. No further explanation or appology for the inconvenience. At Barcelona airport, we spend about 2 hours, walking out of terminal 1, waiting for bags, check-in and going through security. Just to get back to terminal 1. Lucky that we had this time, which we had expected to use for relaxing, since this was now early morning, after a flight overnight. At the check-in they would or could not provide an explanation and gave no appology. All they could say was to write a complaint. Complaining on Vueling's website is basically impossible. All you can do is call the UK on your own bill. So they might have had a technical glitch in their system, or the check-in guy in Reykavik just didn't know how to do what was needed, which in it self is rediculous. But that does not excuse the total lack of taking responsibility, trying to fix the situation, providing a simple appology or trying to elevate the hassle. I recommend using another airline and will certainly avoid Vueling by all means in the future.
RouteKeflavik to Porto via Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2017

"very tired of the delays"

Verified Review | Me and my husband fly often from London to Rome. We use Vueling for its low cost. But we are getting very tired of the delays. Every flight is at least 30 min late. It causes us great stress as we miss our bus connections in Gatwick and Rome. We will avoid using Vueling in the future. Not worth the savings.
RouteRome to London Gatwick

"dusty, dirty plane"

Verified Review | A horrible journey with Vueling from Rome to Lyon in a dirty plane. Delay of 15 minutes on the way, 30 minutes on the way back, everyone changes places to the class above (so glad to pay for nothing!) And a long trip to hear chuckling staff laughing in the galley.
RouteRome to Lyon

"was comfortable enough"

Verified Review | Bilbao to Gatwick. Pleasantly surprised after reading negative reviews. The plane left on time and arrived early. I'd booked a seat in row 2. Priority boarding was very straightforward. It was comfortable enough with adequate leg room. Back of the seat in front was rather grotty. Didn't eat or drink anything on board, so can't comment on what was on offer. Staff were fine.
RouteBilbao to Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2017

"by far the worst airline"

(Norway)

Verified Review | We flew with Vueling down to Palma from Bergen via Barcelona, and the same route back home. This is by far the worst airline I have travelled with, and I have approximately 100 flights each year, and have flown with more airlines that I can count. Everything from check-in to picking up baggage was a disgrace. Everything was delayed all the time and the lines were nothing but a mess. We has delays with all four flights, ranging from 50 min to two hours. The staff could not care less and was offered no refreshments while waiting, not even on the flight home that was delayed just over two hours. The luggage was delayed over an hour both times. The tickets might seem cheap at first, but the extra costs will keep on coming. It is worth spending 150-250 euros on another airline just to be free of Vueling.
RoutePalma to Bergen via Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2017

"blocking the toilet door"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Lisbon. First of all, I made sure that we had speed boarding and extra leg space when booking my tickets - the extra leg was greatly appreciated, however the check in was so disorganised and busy that we had to queue anyway, so waste of money on that one. No one greeted us when arriving (same when we left the plane). The staff tricked the customers into believing that the front toilet by the cockpit was occupied by blocking the toilet door which kept the lights on red (occupied) leaving customers waiting for the loo. I for one demanded the toilet and they opened it only to re-block it 10mn later making sure they drew the curtains behind. We were sat at the front and could see every time they blocked the toilet door. I have never seen anything so disgusting in my life. A disgrace especially due to the fact that it took them more than an hour to go through the aisle to serve drinks and food blocking the way to the other loo at the back. I didn't feel that the tickets were that cheap.
RouteParis Orly to Lisbon