Best Cabin Crew

Vueling Airlines

"poor customer service skills"

Gatwick to Ibiza via Barcelona with Vueling. After arriving in Ibiza both my hold bags did not appear. I reported this to the agent and received the necessary information to contact the airline. On contacting the airline I was told I could buy emergency items and would be reimbursed provided I supplied the receipts. 48 hours later 1 of my bags was delivered to my hotel. At the end of my stay the other bag was still missing. On my return to the UK I sent receipts for items I purchased because of the delayed baggage for which they reimbursed me. After several emails I sent to Vueling regarding the lost baggage I was informed that they had paid for the loss. I tried to explain to them that the payment they made was for the delayed baggage emergency items purchased not the lost baggage. They did not accept that the bag was lost until well after they paid for delayed baggage so they could not have paid for the loss. I requested a telephone number so I could contact them to try to sort the matter out but received no answer. I have now had to use my travel insurer to sort the problem. I cannot believe the attitude of the airline towards me and would definitely not recommend them to anyone. They have very poor customer service skills.
RouteLGW to IBZ via LGW
Date FlownOctober 2015

"trip went very well"

(Denmark)

Malaga to Copenhagen. This route is used heavily for people going on vacation, so being booked on it for business made me a bit worried, especially as it was my first time with Vueling. For very little cost I managed to select my seat in the front of the aircraft, and I was double lucky as I got the whole row for myself! Seats were fine, food (for pay) was a decent selection, and the whole trip went very well. Will select again!
RouteAGP to CPH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"haughty cabin crew member"

A couple of years back, Vueling were streets ahead of Ryanair in just about every aspect of customer satisfaction. As Ryanair have improved in that regard, so too have Vueling gone down, so much so that, these days, there's not much to choose between them. Boarding for both flights from Barcelona to La Palma was rather chaotic, and, ex BCN involved a bus ride to the plane. Despite the fact that there were loads of empty seats in the first 7 rows, when I asked, politely in Spanish, after take off, if we could spread out and get a bit more space, I was rudely told by a haughty cabin crew member that if I wanted to sit there I should have paid more. When I asked what the cost of an upgrade was, he just shrugged. On all the Vueling flights I take, it seems to take ages before the crew can be bothered to go round with the drink/food service. This flight was in one of the new planes with the lightweight (aka uncomfortable) seats. Perhaps these are OK for a short 90 min hop, but not for a 3.5 hour trip to the Canaries. Return from La Palma was a little better, on an older plane with proper seats. Also it was a little less crowded, so space was not an issue. Plus points were that both flights arrived on time. Overall, however, it's a shame to see standards drop month on month on Vueling flights.
RouteBCN to SPC
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"nice ground and inflight staff"

(Spain)

Nice flight with Vueling from Palma de Mallorca to Bilbao. On time, nice ground and inflight staff, toilet very clean and punctual. The plane was not full so everything was perfect. Only drawback, they didn't even offer water for free like many airlines and low cost airlines in South America.
RoutePMI to BIO

"had many problems"

(Spain)

Used Vueling many times during 2014 and 2015 (Punto member as well as Gold membership in OneWorld). The service at the beginning was really great, however, during our recent flights and also on our last flight Barcelona to Venice we had many problems. During recent flights the front toilets of the plane were closed and the staff didn't clean the back toilets, which was of course a problem. All our communication with Vueling ended without a decent response from the airline. During our flight to Venice, we booked as usual Priority boarding tickets, but none of the staff let us go on the plane first. Moreover, the front toilets was closed again. Similar to last time, no response from the airline, no matter the communication type. Unfortunately, from a very good low-cost company they have become one of the worst.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBCN to VCE
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"staff rude and unfriendly"

Barcelona to Granada with Vueling. Extremely poor Check in, the process was very messy and disorganized. Took almost 45 min to check in. Boarding gate was supposed to open at 10.10am and flight was supposed to depart at 10.45am but at 10.50am staff announced the plane wasn't ready and would update in 30mins however at 11.35am there was still no news. When asked the staff were extremely rude and unfriendly. They insisted they knew nothing. Why work here then?
RouteBCN to GRX

"rude inflight staff"

Poor, poor, poor. First of all we had a rude check in for our flight from Gatwick to Barcelona, we then had a 3 hour delay with no explanation and then had rude inflight staff. Room onboard is just ridiculous. If you are tall, or on the larger side, forget it. No welcome onto the aircraft or apology for 3 hour delay. Staff were too busy talking amongst each other. Staff rude throughout whole flight. No smiles. I will never fly with Vueling Airlines again. Flights were cheapish but I would rather have paid double and flown comfortably ensuring a good start to our holiday.
RouteLGW to BCN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"definitely fly them again"

Barcelona to Granada with Vueling. Our on-line check in was easy, baggage check in at Barcelona airport was a piece of cake and customer service staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. Boarding was a breeze, flight was smooth, with the cabin crew courteous and service oriented. There was no hassle with our experience flying Vueling and would definitely fly them again.
RouteBCN to GRX
Date FlownNovember 2015

"miserable unfriendly crew"

London Gatwick to Rome with Vueling. The most miserable unfriendly crew. Not helpful, abrupt and to be honest rude. I went to use the toilet just before take-off, the doors were still open and was told I can't use it. I would rather never fly again with this code share of BA. Their crew need manners - my wife had an accident in October breaking her arm in 3 places and I asked if she could board first - the lady just said she can walk.
RouteLGW to FCO

"avoid them in future"

Paris CDG to Madrid with Vueling. Their app lets you check in but won´t issue any boarding pass. You still have to print the actual sheet with the scanning code. If you decide to check in in a time frame that Vueling considers too late (2 days before!) then you will only be able to do it at the airport as the app will not assign you any random seat but you will be forced to pay for seat assignment. How mean and stupid is that? Their seat space is the worst, even in their so-called emergency exits (15 Euros for the privilege of sitting on one of them!). Attendants are stressed, refreshments expensive (10 Euros for a sandwich and a coke) and they normally have run out of half of what is listed in the menu. They´re not that cheap either. Will go out of my way to avoid them in future.
RouteCDG to MAD