Vueling Airlines

"delayed, no notice"

(China)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Bilbao. Terrible, delayed, no notice, just made us wait and wait. Even waiting (seating) at the aero bridge, what a joke! Apparently plane door was jammed, we boarded halfway then asked us to leave, absolutely hopeless!
RouteBarcelona to Bilbao

"both extensively delayed"

Trip Verified | The flights to and from London were both extensively delayed and Vueling failed to give adequate notice and constantly failed to provide accurate updates. I was delayed 6 hours out of Gatwick and on the return flight the online info and the App info gave no indication of a delay. At check in at Barcelona I was told a ten minute delay which turned out to be 2 hours. Total incompetence and unwillingness to provide adequate customer service.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst customer service ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever. My flight was delayed due to bad weather conditions, even though other airlines would take off (read: Vueling pays the minimum for landing/departure fees, so it has the least priority in case of air traffic restrictions). Then, in the end, our flight got cancelled because the hold would not work - clearly a technical failure. After a lot of confusion, they offered a replacement flight 3 day later (a joke!), and refused to compensate the EU legislation determined amount of 250 euros, claiming we were experiencing (only) "extreme meteorological events". They ignored my message for a long time, replied once and then switched to an automated reply. Try to avoid this company at all costs, they are constantly late and do not care about their customers!
RouteMilan Malpensa to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2018

"absolute worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Palma to San Sebastian via Barcelona. After having a flight that was delayed for almost 2 hours due to missing flight crew, our flight was then rerouted to an alternate destination within about an hours drive of our original destination due to "low clouds". Upon arriving the the alternate destination, I was without luggage. I filed a claim at the airport and took a taxi to the original flight destination for an additional cost of approximately 100 Euros. I arrived to clear skies and no sight of "low clouds". Over 24 hours later, my luggage was located and delivered to my hotel. After filing a luggage claim reimbursement online, several weeks later I was instructed to submit all supporting documentation and send it through the postal service via certified mail. I did so at a cost of $16.65. Another several weeks later, my claim was denied because Vueling stated my baggage was delivered within 24 hours. It was not. So, I added international calling to my mobile plan, in order to call customer service in Spain from the US. This just cost me another $5.00, only to be told by "Luggage Incidents" that my baggage was delivered within 24 hours, but they cannot tell me what time it was actually delivered. I asked to speak with a manager and was denied. The is the absolute worst customer service I have ever received from an airline, and I will not fly Vueling ever again. A train would have been a better option and we would have arrived at our intended destination quicker and with my luggage in hand.
RoutePalma to San Sebastian via Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2018

"Worst airline ever flown"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Barcelona. Worst airline ever flown with. The fact that you have to pay extra for a seat next to your family member says enough. Also the long distances towards the gate from Amsterdam is terrible.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Horrible experience with Vueling"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Barcelona to San Sebastián in economy. Horrible experience with Vueling. Cancelled our flight. We were already on the plane when they announced we had to go back to the terminal. The airport buses took us to the exit doors. No information whatsoever of the reasons. Nobody appeared to give any explanation or apology. After 4 hours of protests some of us were put on a flight to Bilbao. A disgrace of a company. Never again.
RouteBarcelona to San Sebastian

"Not worth the bargain"

Trip Verified | Not worth the bargain! The plane is like a typical budget airline. Light seats that don't recline. The lack of entertainment options didn't bug me as it was a short flight. But, they made me check my carry on baggage and then lost it. (Along with at least 3 others on this flight). They found and delivered my luggage 48 hours later. But I have put a claim in for incurred expenses as a result of the delay, and they have approved it, but after two weeks, still have not made the payment.
RouteDublin to Barcelona

"angry and disappointed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. Vueling told us that the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, however, I am wondering how is it possible that only our flight was cancelled in the entire airport that night (31 August 2018)? The rescheduling of this flight was two days after (2 September 2018 night), which will cause me and my sister missing the international flight from Paris to Hong Kong (CX278). Right after knowing the flight from Venice to Paris is cancelled, I talked to Vueling staff about the rescheduling, they said they could not help me to change the tickets, but I can call the Vueling customer service (which she claimed that it is a 24 hours hotline, but in fact it is not). She suggested me to change to the earlier flight at around 9am the other morning (1 September 2018) which will go from Venice to Barcelona and from Barcelona to Paris. Despite the hotel was assigned to us at 2:30am and the bus arrived at 3:30am, we still tried our very best and managed to get back to the airport to try to catch that flight at 6am. Unfortunately, when we reached the airport, Vueling said it is impossible to change the flight from one journey to two journeys and asked us to go to the ticket counter. Ticket counter then said Vueling have the authority and they could not help. We were then being kicked backward and forward without any help. We were very angry and disappointed about the service provided by Vueling. The staff was unhelpful and rude that morning (1 September 2018). We eventually have no way to go to Paris in time , cause the ticket office said all the flight from all airlines were fully booked. We therefore have to book the flight ticket from Venice to Hong Kong directly. We have lost a lot of money because of Vueling's odd decision to cancel the flight which other airlines didnt encounter that night. We lost our hotel fee in Paris, our missed international flights to Hong Kong, also, Vueling took us to a really far hotel situated in Bolognese and had not included any transportation back to the airport (so may I know what is the claim that you will include the transport between hotel and airport if it's only one-way). it costed us 60 EURO to come out from the hotel to the airport that morning to catch the flight that Vueling staff suggested, which, not to mention, it became an 'impossible' change the other morning.
RouteVenice to Paris

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Barcelona to Nice. Worst airline ever. It was my first time purchasing from them and I regret why I didn't check other reviews before purchasing a ticket. Our flight was canceled due to so called "operational reasons" and we were informed when we reached the airport. Their rude personnel at Barcelona airport told us we can either claim a refund or take the bus to Nice which was an 8 hour long journey. I have requested for a claim and have sent them my credit card details, but there has been nothing so far. It's almost a month now, and we have returned from our vacation. Super disappointed.
RouteBarcelona to Nice
Date FlownAugust 2018

"complete lack of service"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Rome. If I could give a -10 I would. I’ve never experienced an on time flight with them. They do not update flight status so even when the flight is an hour late (that’s standard) it will still say “on time”. It’s the complete lack of service that makes me avoid this airline in the future at all cost.
RouteParis Orly to Rome