top100_2016

Vueling Airlines

"first and last time flying Vueling"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Milan. It was bad from start to finish! The outbound flight was delayed over an hour while we all stood in line and never did an agent say we were going to be delayed. Then when we did finally board the captain explained that the crew with the luggage were on strike. So then coming inbound we all head to claim our luggage, but there was no luggage. We waited an hour and 19 minutes before the first piece of luggage left the carousel! There were no agents around to give any information about our luggage. Yet we pay 35 euros for our luggage to arrive in a timely manner. I then go downstairs to ticketing to complain about this horrendous service, where I waited another hour, just to be told to write an email. I'm amazed that this company is still in business, no one has anything good to say about them. This was a first and last time flying with Vueling, I'd rather walk!
RouteBCN to MXP
Date FlownJuly 2016

"last time to fly on this airline"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | Rome to Berlin. First the flight was delayed for an hour. We were supposed to take off at 13:00 not 13:55. My luggage was lost and they didn't give us any information where is it, not only for me for other passengers too. They said that the luggage wasn't on the plane and they don't know where it is. I am very disappointed. This is the last time to fly on this airline.
RouteFCO to TXL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"discovered every day numerous complaints"

Barcelona to Edinburgh. Long delays on both outward and return journeys No food or drink available on board outward journey Extremely uncomfortable seats. My luggage was lost on return journey and I was given a number to contact. This was a call centre where every day they told me my luggage had been traced and waiting to be put on a flight. After 2 weeks phoning someone told me that it probably hadn't been traced and they couldn't do anything. Every number or e mail I contacted gave me an automated response which told me to contact the lost luggage. The lost luggage number also told me they couldn't help. After looking at their Facebook page I discovered every day numerous complaints the same as mine going back for years, so obviously nothing is being done about them.
RouteBCN to EDI

"No explanations given"

Verified Review | Original flight delayed. Replacement flight boarded 1.5 hours late. Flight had not been cleaned and was full of trash. It was an old aircraft - flight cancelled after waiting 30 minutes. No explanations given. Had to wait 1 hour for airline staff to show at ticket office. He shouted all passengers had to go to a hotel. Not possible to get compensation nor discuss same. Asked to be put on earliest flight next day but was told it was full. However when I mentioned tickets were available online was informed by staff that this airline always overbooks heavily and no seats actually available.
RouteCDG to CPH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flights were delayed or cancelled"

(Lebanon)

The flight from Beirut to Barcelona delay for 1 hour the plane was not clean but the worst was the flight back from Barcelona to Beirut, our flight was supposed to take of at 11pm, but this didn't happen and they kept delaying it without telling the reason and without determining a time for the delay. At 2am they told us that the flight will be at 6 am and they refuse to take us to a hotel, when in the airport I realized that 4 other Vueling flights were delayed or cancelled.
AircraftAirbus 320
RouteBEY to BCN

"no customer service"

Verified Review | I took Vueling on two separate occasions and both occasions had issues. On the first occasion my flight was delayed by over 3 hours. On the second Vueling cancelled my flight with no compensation apart from an offer to refund my flight. They booked my subsequent flight for over 2 days from the planned date. What's worse is they didn't even reply to my feedback sent to their customer service but rather gave me a system generated - "your refund is being processed". I've flown a few budget airlines on a cross Europe trip, Vueling is the only airline to have issues and no customer service.
RouteBCN to IBZ
Date FlownJune 2016

"flew with a delay of 19 hours"

Verified Review | My flight in August 2015 was going to leave 03:25 in the morning from Athens to Barcelona. Once arrived at the gate I was informed the flight was delayed, however the reason why was not told. After waiting more than 4 hours it was possible to board the plane, just to leave it again after waiting for a long time inside of the aircraft. Due to technical difficulties, no spare parts on location etc and a head office that was difficult to reach I had to wait at the gate once again. At some point we were offered to go to a hotel for two hours, after which we would be able to board the plane and go to Barcelona. When we came back we were not able to board because the crew had to take a rest! Obviously this was not possible in the past 17 hours of waiting. Close to 21:00 we where able to board the plane, and we flew to Barcelona with a delay of 19 hours. Enough trouble and unreasonable excuses for a compensation (at least) right? While a couple of my fellow passengers managed to get a compensation, they ignored any request of mine or told be the handled according to European law. They even told me the weather was bad at Barcelona, nice try! Never again, I would advise anyone considering to not even try. At least they didn't lose my luggage!
RouteATH to BCN
Date FlownAugust 2015

"never fly with Vueling again"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Nice to Palma de Mallorca via Rome. I cannot describe all problems with Vueling - delayed flight, missed my connecting flight, no organistion, no information, waiting, paying unexpected expenses, arguing, fighting for my rights, staff arrogance and rudeness - and in the end with 16 hours of delay in my final destination, my baggage didn't arrive. Now I will have to fight and argue with them on their website again for getting my expenses back. I will never fly with Vueling again.
RouteNCE to PMI via FCO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"no word of apology from anyone"

We were flying home to London from Barcelona and found out that our flight was delayed for just under an hour - we later found out that this was due to an emergency at Luton Airport and nothing to do with the airline. However, boarding didn't start until 30 minutes after the posted time. The person at the gate apologised as we started boarding - first time there was an announcement as such. The plane then waited at the gate for at least another 1.5 hours and none of the crew members even bothered to tell us what was going on. When the passengers asked the crew, the captain gave an announcement as to why we were waiting (queue), but he didn't even apologise. Neither did the crew. When we started moving, there was no announcement either and several passengers were waiting in line for the toilet. En route to Luton and upon arrival, there was still no word of apology from anyone for a flight that was delayed for close to 3 hours. I am a seasoned traveller and I understand why there are delays beyond the control of the airline. However, the common decent and customer-centric thing to do is to inform the passengers and apologise. There were also many issues with checking in, but that would take too long to describe here. Never flying with Vueling ever again.
RouteBCN to LTN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cancelled due to operational reasons"

(Andorra)

Barcelona to Milan. Recent booking cancelled due to operational reasons? Phone calls took 5 hours 13 mins, (11 calls plus 9 cut off) to Vueling. Even one of their representatives said that she had trouble understanding and navigating Vueling website! Overcharged - refunded in part (yet to arrive) - problem on the actual email confirmation - long call and eventually got a new correct email - had to explain that turning up at the airport with a telephone assurance that all was OK - is not good enough for me. I print out everything - screen shot from my computer, showing email times/dates/sender etc - all confirmations. Eventually I got new flights, Having had to cancel my lengthy bus journeys to the airport completely, as my new times mean that the bus cannot arrive in time to check in. I have to drive and pay parking charges now. I had to change my hotel booking (with charges) and my car hire (no charges bless them). And thought for the day - not yet explained by Vueling "if Premium" members cannot get a seat because the flight is fully booked, then ring this number - minimum two people and you will get seats. How?
RouteBCN to MXP