Vueling Airlines

"assistance provided has been terrible"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | They have cancelled 2 flights in 48 hours. Both going to Barcelona. The assistance provided has been terrible. No explanation was given. The cancellation was announced 5 minutes before bording. They have ruined my vacation. Vueling Airlines are a joke not an airline.
RouteAlicante to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"was let down, lost my Flight"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Florence. Vueling is a disastrous company. I've always had problems, flight delays, ridiculous luggage policy and would never have booked it again. This time I was on a business trip and ticket was bought by someone else. They did oversell tickets and I was let down, lost my Flight, meetings and everything arranged.
RouteGatwick to Florence
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"cabin crew was friendly"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Valencia to Brussels. It was a good flight and the cabin crew was friendly and will try to help you if you have a question. It was an A320 without entertainment. For a low-cost-company, you had enough space (i'm 187cm), so better than you can have with traditional airlines.
RouteValencia to Brussels
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"they never transferred our bags"

Trip Verified | I booked flights for the morning from Rome to Gatwick via Barcelona. Arrive at the airport 2 hours before flight is due to leave as standard! Get to the departure gate to fine boarding has been delayed for 30 mins, no reason given. Finally get on to the plane, wait another hour in very uncomfortable seats awaiting takeoff. Due to the hour delay we then missed our connection flight in Barcelona so we then had to wait another 5 hours in Barcelona! Not much of a good will token given for the delay, a terrible dinner. Finally 5 hours later get ushered on to a bus that drove us to the awaiting plane. We're made to stand out in the cold as row by row we were told to get on the plane, the reason for this was due to balance issues. Then another hour wasted once on the plane waiting for take off. Food is pretty disappointed considering the price charged! Then finally get back to the UK, made to get off the plane row by row because of balance issues. Get through to baggage collection thinking I just want this rubbish experience to end to only find out that they never transferred our bags across & out bags are still in Barcelona whilst we're in the UK, unfortunately I was not the only passenger missing luggage there were 25+other flyers from the original flight from Rome missing luggage too!
RouteRome to Gatwick via Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Staff who hate working with the public shouldn’t"

Flew London Heathrow to Barcelona. Ungracious, unsmiling and unfriendly crew, should have chosen better. On boarding, not so much as a grin, less so a smile from the crew. Ridiculously tight seat pitch saw legs spilling into the aisle every few feet (pardon the pun). My husband took a photo to send to a friend illustrating how far back we were (way back) which happened to show the back of a stewardess in the distance. Another member of the crew told her and she got quite stroppy. Her: You can’t take photos. Husband: Why? Her: Because I said. Mr Chief misery crew then turns up and demands that the photo (showing someone’s back) is deleted, pointing to the security card as if there were some stated rule in it. There wasn’t. Deleted photo anyway, Mr Chief misery crew then takes phone to delete said photo from the trash box. Talk about an over reaction. Mr Chief misery crew then berates another passenger, no Bluetooth headphones allowed! Another passenger (third row from back) approaches crew member because they weren’t asked if they wanted drinks. Crew: Maybe somebody else will come and serve you drinks. They didn’t. Passenger presses call button and asked for a drink (after explaining the situation). Crew member: No, it’s too late! (Before complaining, in Spanish, and laughing with other crew). Seat belt light on for the duration of the flight, presumably to keep passengers from bothering staff. Captain made tannoy at end of flight (because he’d forgotten to earlier?) to say which route we’d flown. Staff who hate working with the public shouldn’t. Or perhaps it’s just a reflection of the unemployment situation in Spain, people will take any job and woe betide anybody who expects any level of customer service. First time I’ve flown Vueling and, short of the flight home, the last.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"no suitcase or follow up from Vueling"

Trip Verified | I’m on vacation and flew Vueling on January 5th 2018 from Paris to Palermo with a connection in Barcelona. Unfortunately, the Vueling representative didn’t put a baggage tag on my checked in suitcase. My suitcase was left behind in Paris (as confirmed by Vueling) – Vueling sent my suitcase to Palermo (for delivery to me in Ortigia, Sicily) – I called the airport daily to find out the status of my suitcase – Palermo airport told me on January 11th, that my suitcase was given to a courier for delivery. I called daily after that to inquire about the courier’s whereabouts. After hearing lie and misleading information numerous days in a row, the airport finally admitted they had no way to follow-up with the courier – I called Vueling on January 17th and they advised that my case was closed because the courier told them they had delivered my suitcase. I told Vueling the delivery did not happen. They responded that they would follow up with the courier and open a police report. 16 days later and still no suitcase or follow up from Vueling.
RouteParis to Palermo via Barcelona

"that was my last time"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Milan to Barcelona. I wanted to travel with my budgie. While you can easily find which documents you need to travel with dogs, there's nothing about birds. The request of documents depends by the legislation of the Country and at the check in they gave me a wrong info said me was about EU legislation. In fact I didn't have any problems in Spain (where I called a veterinarian specialized in exotics an other of government entity). Write two lines informing about that is not an incredible effort! Moreover is totally crazy the cost of the call center! You can spend 10€ in few minutes and you can attend very long for an answer. Incredible then is the price I paid for so little animal: 45€ with obligation of economy ticket not refunded.To change my flight was more expensive that the original ticket. I always traveled with Vueling but that was my last time. It's a shame!
RouteMilan to Barcelona

"Never again"

Trip Verified | First and last time flying with this airline. Upon booking they advised that we can pay for extra baggage online at a cheaper rate. Tried to do so many times before checking and on same day as flight. After trying to pay multiple times I kept receiving an error from their website. After calling customer care they advised me to pay at checkin at the airport. When we got to the airport they knew the online prices were cheaper without us even explaining anything to them and explained how neither the customer service or check in can do anything about the price. So instead of paying 12 euros online we ended up getting charged 40 euros per baggage which ended up being more expensive than the flight itself. Never again.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid

"never again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Never again and enough for once. Me and my friend had a bad experience with this airlines. We had bought return tickets from Rome to London on 29 December 2017 at 6.35pm. We have tried to check in online twice, but there was a problem when we entered our details. Thus, we were advised by the system to check in on the counter. Upon check in on the counter, we were told by the ground staff that our seats were not confirmed as we only bought the flight tickets, not the seats. The flight was overbooked. So, no seats for us in the flight since we did not check in online. As a result, we were put on the standby list. It sounds ridiculous as the booking was confirmed. What are we paying for if not for the seats? We were also being told by the staff that it such a normal practice for the airlines to sell the overbooked tickets. Then, we were giving the options either to ask for refund or fly in the next flight to London via Barcelona at a later time. Since, everything was planned we chose the second option although we have to burn our hotel for the first night at London and the train ticket to Leeds in the next morning. Further, we were also made to understand by the ground staff that the airline will provide us a transit hotel in Barcelona. However, upon arrival at Barcelona, we found out that there was no one from the airline staff to assist us on the transit hotel. The customer service was not available and the Vueling counter at the airport also closed. Such a worse experience and we end up sleeping at the airport until our flight to London at 7.45am in the next morning. This was one part. The other part was we were informed that we could claim for Euro 250 each as a compensation. As of now, we have not received any compensation from the airline. Based on the email reply, it will only take few days to receive the compensation for the loss suffered. It seems too many lies with this airlines company. To sum up, this will be the first and the last time for us to fly with this airline. I will also not recommend the same to others.
RouteRome to London

Vueling Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Bilbao to Gatwick. The worst airline ever, save yourself money and a big headache! After being seated on the plane they announced to leave the plane and pick up our luggage. They did not give us any reasons, we had no idea what was going on. After picking up our luggage, we tried to talk to the "Customer Service" counter who very rudely told us the flight was rescheduled for the next day in the afternoon. We happen to have a connection to Australia the next day so the rescheduled time would not work out for us. We asked for a refund but apparently it can only be done online. We tried to lodge it on line and the web site does not work it takes you out of the site. I asked other people around and this is a sort of common problem with this airline no one has ever got a refund from this unprofessional company.
RouteBilbao to Gatwick