Vueling Airlines

"no official delay announced"

Not Verified | Nice to Barcelona. After waiting 3 hours in Nice, with no official delay announced anywhere and no employee knowing why we had to wait, we finally got into the plane but no take off. Thirty minutes later, the flight was cancelled and we all had to leave. We've only been told that some "strikes were happening somewhere and people didn't want to work extra hours". Only 10 seats available on the next flight, first arrived first served. I strongly don't recommend Vueling Airlines.
RouteNice to Barcelona

"worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Venice to London via Paris. Worst experience ever. We flew with this airline for the first time from Venice to Paris. Check in was a nightmare. They had 1 staff initially for 3 flights which caused major delays for our flight. Made passengers reorganise their luggage. We were over on the weight limit and happy to pay the necessary amount but were then told if we don’t pay cash we will be charged an extra penalty - ridiculous procedures and policies. Although a short flight, the food cart only made it to half the plane as they were extremely slow. We took off 45 minutes behind on scheduled time. Staff do not care about service at all. Our second experience was from Paris to London that was 40 minutes late to take off. When asking questions regarding the delay we kept getting “I don’t know”. No staff to create ease of seating.
RouteVenice to London via Paris
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seats are very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | We did a round trip from Lisbon to Barcelona with Vueling Airlines. The planes are very small and the seats are very uncomfortable, there is no room to even get in or out of the rows, especially when the person in front of you has their seat back. The website also provides incorrect information regarding baggage fees, and apparently each country can “make up” their own rules when it comes to baggage. The inconsistency makes for a very uncomfortable and disappointing experience. I wouldn’t fly with them again.
RouteLisbon to Barcelona

"incredibly unfriendly"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Palma to Lisbon. The aircraft was very dirty and smelly which made for a very disturbing flight. They simply don't clean their aircraft after their passengers deboard. Flight attendants only job seem to be selling overpriced food and were incredibly unfriendly even to kids onboard.
RoutePalma to Lisbon

"Worst experience ever"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Menorca to Copenhagen via Barcelona. Worst experience ever. Stranded in Barcelona with minimum help from the staff. Not helpful at all - never make a trip with Vueling with connections, you will get stranded. Never to be recommended. Couldn’t even manage to get us full information about or trip.
RouteMenorca to Copenhagen via Barcelona

"It worked for me"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Luton. I have often used this website to help me decide on good options for travel, so I thought it might be appropriate to start adding my views, hopefully help others in their decision making. Anyway, regarding my Vueling flight. Something came up where I needed to get over to London unexpectedly, so I didn't have time to book ahead for a reasonable price on my fare. Vueling was the only real option, so I went ahead and booked. I can happily say my outbound flight left pretty much on time. In fact, if it wasn't for a passenger who failed to board, we would have left on schedule. The flights were very straightforward, just an up and down hour hop. I required nothing except to sit quietly and snooze, so I can't really say anything about the service onboard. The stewards did come across open and friendly when I embarked/disembarked. The planes were clean and tidy, typical budget airline set up, so minimal room. The way to Luton, the seats did not recline, which you can get away with on an hour flight, but probably isn't a great option for anything longer than that. The only real issue was on the return. The plane was 45 minutes delayed while waiting for a refuel, and we were only told were were going to be delayed after we had already boarded. Thankfully, the timing of my return was not critical. To sum up my Vueling experience. It was functional. I have nothing much to complain about, nor do I have much to say about it. It worked for me.
RouteAmsterdam to Luton

"No compensation offered"

Not Verified | Bilbao to Gatwick. Flight was cancelled at 2 hours notice for technical reasons. Vueling flight desk staff unable to find alternative flight to London for at least 2 days. No offer made of hotel accommodation support in meantime. Vueling refusing to accept any responsibility for cancellation as company now says exceptional circumstances caused cancellation. No explanation given; still awaiting reply from CEO. No compensation offered. A poor company with no capacity to support stranded customers.
RouteBilbao to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"Check-in was a disaster"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Paris CDG. Next time I will walk to Charles de Gaulle. Check-in was a disaster. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of passengers shoving and pushing to check in their luggage. A handful of staff offered minimal help. If you spoke English, you were out of luck. I had hoped to check my luggage through to Newark, which is why I brought all necessary boarding passes. My Spanish is ok, and I had no trouble understanding that the staff had never heard of such a thing. There was something off about the travelers too. They would aggressively push around us, in front of us, preventing our getting to the various self check in kiosks. However, they had no idea how to use them. I helped a bunch use the kiosks before ever reaching it, and saw other Americans doing the same.
RouteBarcelona to Paris CDG

"the worst airline ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Barcelona. Flight cancelled when I was in front of the gate, the reason was a strike in France that they had known for days. They have never send any message about the possibility of problems with the flight. After one hour waiting at the gate one girl appeared, aggressive, unprepared, and with no idea how to give information and help customers. Vueling is the worst airline ever.
RouteMilan to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2018

"avoid this unscrupulous company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Milan Malpensa and was scheduled to return to Barcelona from Torino. Outbound flight to Milan was fine, the typical friendly but no-frills service you can expect from them. 5 days later and we were contacted less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time and told that the flight from Torino was cancelled due to strike action by air traffic controllers in Marseille. Amazing that despite the fact that the strike was called over a month prior, they wait until the last minute to announce which flights would be cancelled. They originally rebooked us on a flight two days later, but the airline said they would refuse to cover any costs (hotels, meals, etc) from having to wait an extra two days. As we needed to be back for work we chose a refund and booked a relatively expensive 12 hour night-bus from Torino to Barcelona. We waited weeks and still no refund. So we contacted Vueling only to be first told that they had no record of us having booked that flight, and in a subsequent email that we were not entitled to a refund because we boarded the (cancelled) flight! Ridiculous! We wonder whether it was a human or a robot answering the emails. It's obvious that they are doing everything in their power to avoid paying a refund which they are by law required to pay. The flight was inexpensive but it's the principal and needless to say that we will be doing our best to avoid this unscrupulous company in the future despite living in Barcelona and Vueling having a stranglehold on EU flights out of the city.
RouteTorino to Barcelona