Top 100 Airlines

Vueling Airlines

"nothing particularly spectacular"

I used Vueling twice, once from Barcelona to Naples and then from Florence to Berlin. Both times the service and the flights were what you'd except from an economy airline, meaning there was nothing particularly spectacular about the flights but they weren't bad either and they got us from point A to point B just fine. We only had carry-on luggage, which they didn't really weigh to make sure it was 10kg or under. Both flights arrived mostly on time (the second one was delayed by 20 min or so) and the staff was cordial enough for the short time we got to interact with them. Overall Vueling Airlines is good value for the money.
RouteBCN to NAP

"service was zero"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Experience was just terrible. Flight from Brussels to Barcelona was canceled without any previous notification. On arrival at airport there was no Vueling service and I was only provided a phone number at an information desk where nobody answered and my call was just disconnected. Service was zero and I was not able to get any option or solution for the cancellation (nobody was there and I couldn't reach anybody). I just had to buy a new ticket from other company. After 6 hours I have not been able yet to reach anybody at Vueling Customer Service.
RouteBRU to BCN
Date FlownMay 2016

"never use this airline again"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Banjul via Barcelona with Vueling. We were travelling to visit family in West Africa together with our 7 year old child for 2 weeks. Our luggage never arrived and was scheduled to be delivered on the same day as our return flight. What a joke to have to claim your baggage so that you can check in to go back. No information was given to us on the whereabouts of our luggage before our return date. No customer service. The service on board is horrible. In addition, on our return we were not issued boarding passes for our connection flight. We were told they would be issued in transit at a dedicated desk. At Barcelona airport transit we were refused access and we were forced to go through custom, exit and go to the check in desk. I will never use this airline again.
RouteLGW to BJL via BCN
Date FlownMay 2016

"very poor and below standard"

Verified Review | I arranged to travel from Shanghai to Barcelona on 6 May 2015 to meet my wife. My flight from London was with British Airways then connecting to Barcelona from Heathrow with Vueling. I booked this using the Helloworld website. When I went to check into my flight at Shanghai airport on Sunday 8 May, British Airways were not able to provide me with a Vueling Boarding pass - I was told to go to travel connections for my boarding pass I went to travel connections and they told me my boarding pass was only available at the gate. The gate wasn't announced until 5.40pm for a 6.25pm flight - I arrived at the gate at 5.50pm - got through via a queue to the desk just before 6pm. Vueling were very rude to me, told me to wait as they needed to serve everyone else in the queue and then print me a boarding pass as it was complex and time consuming. I waited at the desk for all the passengers to board and was rushed through. My bags never arrived in Barcelona. Vueling lost and found in Barcelona were slack and clueless as to where my bags were. I rang Vueling on several occasions to locate my bags - I could not get through to their call centre, my bags turned up at my hotel at 11pm on Tuesday 10/5. I am a platinum and gold member on various airlines and have travelled for over 20 years, I found this airlines procedures very poor and below standard when it came to customer care especially at the gate and in the lost and found baggage area.
RouteLHR to BCN via PVG

"both flights were late"

Verified Review | London to Barcelona return with Vueling. Both the outbound and return flights were late - both times because the cabin crew were late. Had to find this out from other delayed passengers as neither explanation nor apology was given. Would definitely avoid in the future. An unpleasant start and end to an otherwise pleasant stay in Barcelona.
RouteLHR to BCN
Date FlownMay 2016

"not something I'll pay for again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Flew Vueling Airlines from Barcelona to Brussels. I'm rather tall with 199 cm but it is the first time I could not physically fit in a seat at all. Utterly impossible. I know I can't expect the same level of comfort as someone of 1.75 m but this was ridiculous. I don't really have any other complaints as I can't expect too much of a budget airline on a flight of a couple of hours but not being able to sit as a normal person for 2 hours and the cabin crew slamming their cart into my knees (as the only place I could put my legs was the aisle) is not something I'll pay for again.
RouteBCN to BRU
Date FlownJune 2015

"a tale of two halves"

Cardiff to Barcelona return with Vueling. Definitely a tale of two halves. The outward flight was about as good as it gets for low cost airline. Quick and easy check-in, fast passage through security and walked straight onto plane when boarding. Plane left early and landed early. Staff were pleasant and even the coffee was reasonable. The plane was a nearly new A320 with the thinner style seats which for a two hour flight were perfectly adequate. The only slight annoyance was having to be bussed to the terminal on landing and having to wait 30 minutes for our bags. All-in-all pretty good. Now for the not so good return flight. On a Bank Holiday Sunday the check-in queues at BCN were horrendous as was security but I suppose that's the chance you take. Not surprisingly given past experience with Vueling the flight was late. Then we had to be bussed half way around the airport just to get on the plane. The plane was a six year old A320 which had leather seats. That's were the good news ends. The leg room was appalling even for me at 1.77m. Quite possibly the most uncomfortable flight I have ever had. It didn't help that the cabin temperature was hot either. The flight landed at CWL thirty minutes late which by Vueling standards is on-time. These flights were a definite improvement on previous adventures with Vueling and we will still use them but only because they are the only ones to fly from CWL to BCN.
RouteCWL to BCN

"very inconsistent service"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Milan Malpensa to Barcelona with Vueling. Very inconsistent service. Usually quite satisfied by the price value proposition, but ground services are subpar. I experienced this at Milan today as I wished to advance my 9pm flight to 5:30pm. I arrived at the airport in due time to advance the ticket, as the app would not let me do it, but there was only 1 agent for the whole airport and shared with other airlines - so I wasted the check-in window in the queue and no new ticket could be issued. No one cares, you are on your own. So as long as everything goes as planned and your are willing to pay extra to travel in decent conditions it's fine, as soon as you need assistance or your plans change, well good luck.
RouteMXP to BCN

"experience was brilliant"

Cardiff to Palma, and having read very negative reviews, I was very worried. I need not have. The experience was brilliant. The check in procedure was efficient and the female staff member extremely pleasant and helpful. My check in case was slightly over weight, but she did not charge extra - she noticed I would be celebrating my birthday while away and wished me a happy birthday! Boarding was easy and the plane left on time. The cabin was clean and the seats very comfy. The cabin crew were very pleasant and very smart. On arrival at Palma the luggage was very quickly ready for collection. I cannot praise this airline enough, and am looking forward to flying with them again.
RouteCWL to PMI

"very poor overall"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Malaga via Barcelona, and very poor overall. Aircraft old and filthy, crew were arguing loudly amongst themselves in front of passengers. Very poor design of seat with limited space. Unable to even read the inflight magazine. Flight from Franfurt delayed almost an hour and flight from Barcelona also delayed over an hour. Asked at the transit desk if they could reseat me 4 hours prior to departure and was told a flat no. I asked why and apparently the company do not permit seat changed. What utter rubbish.
RouteFRA to AGP via BCN