Vueling Airlines

Review by (Canada) 30th July 2015

First flight was over 3 hours delayed, we were given non refundable €20 coupons for the next flight on Vueling - that we will not be booking. Arrived in Barcelona, promised we would be on the next flight to our final destination. We were not permitted on the next flight. The line for Vueling customer service was huge and unmoving, except of course when people gave up and left. Staff were rude and unreasonable, unwilling to help those that they had seriously inconvenienced. We have spent over 9 hours waiting for Vueling to get their act together as I write this review. Hands down the worst experience wth an airline I had ever had, even over one losing my luggage for 8 days.
RouteBerlin to Menorca via BCN

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th July 2015

After checking through without as much as a hint from the check in desk we discovered an initial 2 hour delay. This extended as the afternoon progressed to an eventual departure 4 hours late. Gatwick airport information desk were very helpful and sympathetic. After several hours we were given a £5 voucher for food which at Gatwick purchases very little beyond a coffee and a bar of chocolate. When the flight eventually left the journey itself was fine. On the other hand the cabin crew were pleasant enough on the rare occasions that we saw them on the flight but spent 90% of the journey 'hiding' behind the curtain at the front of the plane, actively discouraging people from using the toilet. The customary trolley service was advertised in the customary seat pocket literature. 1 hour 15 minutes into what transpired to be a 1 hr 45 minute flight the service commenced. One reluctant member of the cabin crew somewhat hurriedly scurried along the plane avoiding eye contact and thwarting any attempt to eat by announcing when asked that they basically had no food, no ice etc etc.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Florence

Review by (Switzerland) 26th July 2015

We were travelling home from vacation and had booked an 18.50 flight with Iberia but operated by Vueling. There were seven family members travelling including my 74 year old parent-in-law. We arrived early, about 1630, and then had to queue for 45 minutes to check in. That turned out to be the most efficient part of the service. We got through security and headed to the gate, sitting down and waiting. We then proceeded to have 8 (I think) gate changes in the space of an hour. We had the ridiculous situation of all the passengers walking to one gate and then turning around and heading to another, only to do so again. My son wondered if this was some kind of sick candid camera Joke. Some time later we realised that the plane was 2 hours late. We never did find the staff to ask and I ended up ringing customer service to confirm. I am not sure whether the gate was the airline or the airport's fault but I will be reluctant to use either again. We ended up leaving 3 hours late and getting into Zurich just before midnight. The plane was an old wide body 767 run by Air Europe which was fine. I could not recommend or fly Vueling again.
RouteBarcelona to Zurich

Review by (Netherlands) 25th July 2015

On 13 July we flew from Amsterdam to Rome. At Schiphol waiting at the correct gate we noticed the plane was going from a different gate and had a 2.5 hours delay without any explanation. This change was only called once through the intercom. The boarding was really slow, one employee was doing nothing. On board still no explanation about the delay, only that we have to wait for 30 minutes more until the other cabin crew arrives, the cabin crew on board has reached their time limit. This took in total another hour, so total delay was 3.5 hours. During the flight we got a coupon with 20 euro discount for when we fly again (valid for 6 months.) We were sitting in the last row of the plane, row 31, right side. When the flight attendant reached our row with food and beverages, the row next to us left side, placed their order and we had to wait. My wife is pregnant and needs to eat every 2 hours. When it was our turn, we placed the order but the flight attendant informed us that the kitchen was closed. We will not use the coupon and this was the last time we fly with Vueling.
AircraftAirbus
RouteAMS to FCO

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th July 2015

I have taken this airline twice. Both times it has be over 2 hours delayed. There is no priority boarding for "excellence" passengers at least not in my experience. Apparently "excellence" equates to nothing more than a velcro attached head rest. I do not care for much of their service but I do depart before my scheduled arrival time.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteToulouse to Ibiza

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

On par with all the reviews for Vueling. We flew Vueling from BCN to VGO domestic flight with in Spain the OB flight was on-time and no issues with taking carry-on bags on the plane. On return from VGO the flight was delayed without sending notices via the Vueling mobile app. Arrived at the airport on time and proceeded to check-in and was stopped by Vueling agent to pay for carry on bag. Informed the Vueling agent that coming from BCN Vueling did not charge me for the carry-on agent could care less. Anyways paid with trusted credit card so I could call them once back home in the USA. Got to the gate and notice all the locals with the same size carry-on bags as mine were not made to check them in. Some had bigger carry-on bags that could be classified as checked in luggage. While at the gate no information that the only flight flown by Vueling on Saturday was delayed by two hours. As the night went on in VGO we went back to Iberia which was handling the Vueling flight as the Vueling ground crew left the airport. Told flight will come but if it gets cancelled you are on your own for hotel. Note Vigo is small town lacking hotels. Finally the plane arrived from Barcelona with a fresh crew and made a quick turn around. Since the flight was delayed 2+ hours by the time we left Vigo it was now 11pm. We arrived back at 1am having to wait for Vueling to located ground crew in Barcelona as most the Vueling planes had already returned for the night and the airport while it is open 24 hours keeps limited people on hand after 12am. The hold in Barcelona was not acceptable being that Barcelona is Vueling's hub. I would fly Vueling again but I will fly them with being sure to take morning flights in case of any delays also keep my trusted Credit Card on hand to dispute carry on charge for not being local.
RouteVGO to BCN

Review by (Andorra) 24th July 2015

Sadly this airline struggles to deliver time after time. They own the 'worst ever flying experience' tag after a 12 hour airport delay in Seville a few years back and judging by recent experiences they still have room for improvement. My latest involved a 3 hour delay on a hot Saturday afternoon. It was apparent that the 'delayed departure' time was never credible and sure enough no sooner had we settled in our uncomfortable leg roomed seats a further announcement was made. Sadly a relief crew had to be called in as the current one would have breached their permitted maximum hours of work had they continued. I addressed the issue with the captain and asked why he had not called operations earlier, surely he had realised earlier. Muffled response. I also suggested he chased operations after the relief crew also arrived after 'time'. The 150 odd passengers had to sit around while they finally got their act together. As a token gestutre they offered a cup of still water and a McD hamburger to those desiring same. Until incompetence and sub standard performances of airlines are felt in their bottom lines (ie they have to offer monetary compensation to their loyal customers) I see little changing. Problems will always happen, it is how you deal with them that ultimately separate one provider from another.
RouteBCN to Manchester

Review by (United States) 21st July 2015

Let me join the long list of 'dissatisfied' and I use the term loosely, customers of Vueling. First, my bag was lost, on a 1.5 hour direct flight from Rome to Catania. They said it would take at least 2 days to locate it. No answer to any help line, no tracking system, lost and found at airport open 2 hours in AM and 2 hours in PM. It did turn up, but 4 days without it. Then, our 6pm flight from Catania to Rome was canceled, they put us up in a local hotel, 7 hours after cancellation. Best they could do was fly us to Rome in the AM, then a bus for 10 passengers from Rome to Florence. We arrived Rome 8am, no knowledge of any bus, agents didn't seem to care, finally left Rome airport at 11.30. Avoid Vueling if you have any choice at all.
RouteCatania to Florence

Review by (India) 21st July 2015

Flew BCN to LIS on this low cost carrier. Great efficient check in took less than 5 minutes. Boarding was trouble free and we left on time. It is low cost so you had to buy food and drinks. A tad expensive but very nice food on board. Service on this flight was good with nice smiling crew. Great flight. Would use them again.
RouteBCN to LIS

Review by (Indonesia) 20th July 2015

Scheduled departure supposed to be 2.30pm - however they keep delaying the flight without giving the exact time to fly. There's no solutions for the passenger on what supposed we do. No clear explanation from the airlines of what's going on. Only one lady try to answer passenger question one by one, which very uneffective and unprofessional for airlines. We are tourist in Europe and thought using airplane will be faster way compare to train. Unfortunately, it was the other way around. It's very dissapointing experience using Vueling. We also try to change using other airlines however our luggage has been checked into the Vueling and we unable to take it back.
RouteRome to Barcelona