Vueling Airlines

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 4th August 2015

If you want to fly an airline that makes you think that Ryanair is a luxury airline, then this is for you. I am a frequent flyer and in all the years of flying I would say this was the worst experience I have had. It began with check in. I checked in in advance to save time except that baggage drop off took much longer than the other line. Much longer. The wait was close to 90 minutes. No informed staff to offer clear directions either. Then flight delayed massively without announcement and without staff to assist. And no food vouchers even. Avoid like the plague. Any savings you imagine making this worthwhile are not worth it.
RouteRome to London

Review by (France) 3rd August 2015

Low cost - high expenses. Booked 6 times, four times the respective flight was massively delayed. The most recent experience: a 6hr delay of a 2.5 hr flight. Ground personnel were not helpful. When I asked for an alternative, I was offered a flight leaving at the same time as the delayed flight (not the original departure time) and flying to a destination 300 kms away. Ended up paying twice: Vueling tickets and for the alternative with a different airline.
RouteParis Orly to Lisbon

Review by (France) 3rd August 2015

I went to Rome for a couple of days, made the reservation 5 months before because it was for a very special occasion. For the flight Paris to Rome, Vueling sold too many tickets so when I made the check in at Orly they told me I was in "standby" which means that I didn't have an assigned seat and that I would probably be able to take the flight if someone doesn't come to the boarding. In the end I could not board the aircraft. So I had to go out to check in again for the following flight to Rome. The women from Vueling who gave me my new boarding pass didn't seem very sorry about the situation. No apologies, nothing, it basically seemed completely normal for her to make clients who paid a ticket for a precise date and a precise hour, wait an entire day at the airport. So I finally could board at 7:00 pm (all Vueling flights where delayed) whereas I was initially supposed to take off at 2:45 pm. A complete travel disaster with no compensation from the Vueling. The return was no better - 4 hours of delay! I did the check in online and had to pay 7€ to get a seat? Incredible! So now we pay our ticket and we pay our check in? Never happened to me before and I take the plane once a month ! I spent 2 days at the airport out of 5 days of vacations, that is a quite interesting proportion! Just to say. I also took Vueling to travel from Sevilla to Paris and it was a very enriching experience too. After the boarding the captain explained they had to fix something very quickly before take off. After an hour waiting in the aircraft they told us it was quite serious so we had to change aircraft, it took 5 hours to wait for another aircraft ahaha nothing you know just a couple of hours waiting without even knowing when we would arrive to Paris. Compensation and apologies from Vueling? Just for still being alive I will give a 1/10 for overall review of vueling. That's a pity because because Vueling was a nice company 3 years ago but it got worse and worse the last years and now cannot even manage the crowded summer season which is the most important.
RouteParis to Roma

Review by (United States) 2nd August 2015

My daughter and I were had booked a flight to fly from Rome to Paris on the evening of July 29th, with original departure time at 18.35 and arrival in Paris at 22.50. Our intention with this Vueling flight was to return to Paris to catch our return flight from Paris (on American Airlines) to Boston on the following day, July 30th at 12.10pm. We arrived over an hour early at Rome airport and checked in without a problem. The check-in agent told us to go to departure area D and to check the flight boards as the time of departure got closer. We did as she told us and proceeded to area D. After waiting until anticipated departure time, there was still no indication as to departure time. My daughter signed onto its email notification system and shortly after 21.00, she received word that it would depart at 23.00. Half hour before 23.00 there was NO still indication of departure gate. I ran to the customer service desk in the D area where the agent tells me that it is currently boarding at a gate below us. So, we run downstairs, only to find a massive crowd waiting. As we waited, there was an announcement that our flight was canceled and that we needed to proceed to the arrivals area to receive further directions. When my daughter and I finally arrived at this area, there must have been 400 to 500 hundred people jostling trying to get to the one of three agents. It was chaos, with no lines or anyone senior from the airline to direct or provide guidance. After waiting for 6 hours, I finally made it to an agent only to have him tell me that the only flight to Paris they can put me on was the one that evening, July 30th at 17.55. Of course, with this we would miss our flight to US from Paris. Being stuck in Rome, our only alternative was to fly directly out of Rome that day.
RouteRome to Paris

Review by (United Kingdom) 2nd August 2015

The service is shocking. All was well until 1 hour before departure and then there was a 2 hour delay. We went to the gate and the staff was clueless as to why exactly this was and said our plane was on its way. Another two hours passed and it's delayed for another 2 hours and the same thing happened 2 hours later - we were waiting and stressed for 6 hours. During this time everyone was crowded around the information desk with not very much information at all. At 23.50, our flight was canceled and rescheduled for the next day at 10.45 so we had to stay at a hotel in Gatwick. The next morning our flight actually left at about 11.30. Never again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Florence

Review by (Canada) 30th July 2015

First flight was over 3 hours delayed, we were given non refundable €20 coupons for the next flight on Vueling - that we will not be booking. Arrived in Barcelona, promised we would be on the next flight to our final destination. We were not permitted on the next flight. The line for Vueling customer service was huge and unmoving, except of course when people gave up and left. Staff were rude and unreasonable, unwilling to help those that they had seriously inconvenienced. We have spent over 9 hours waiting for Vueling to get their act together as I write this review. Hands down the worst experience wth an airline I had ever had, even over one losing my luggage for 8 days.
RouteBerlin to Menorca via BCN

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th July 2015

After checking through without as much as a hint from the check in desk we discovered an initial 2 hour delay. This extended as the afternoon progressed to an eventual departure 4 hours late. Gatwick airport information desk were very helpful and sympathetic. After several hours we were given a £5 voucher for food which at Gatwick purchases very little beyond a coffee and a bar of chocolate. When the flight eventually left the journey itself was fine. On the other hand the cabin crew were pleasant enough on the rare occasions that we saw them on the flight but spent 90% of the journey 'hiding' behind the curtain at the front of the plane, actively discouraging people from using the toilet. The customary trolley service was advertised in the customary seat pocket literature. 1 hour 15 minutes into what transpired to be a 1 hr 45 minute flight the service commenced. One reluctant member of the cabin crew somewhat hurriedly scurried along the plane avoiding eye contact and thwarting any attempt to eat by announcing when asked that they basically had no food, no ice etc etc.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Florence

Review by (Switzerland) 26th July 2015

We were travelling home from vacation and had booked an 18.50 flight with Iberia but operated by Vueling. There were seven family members travelling including my 74 year old parent-in-law. We arrived early, about 1630, and then had to queue for 45 minutes to check in. That turned out to be the most efficient part of the service. We got through security and headed to the gate, sitting down and waiting. We then proceeded to have 8 (I think) gate changes in the space of an hour. We had the ridiculous situation of all the passengers walking to one gate and then turning around and heading to another, only to do so again. My son wondered if this was some kind of sick candid camera Joke. Some time later we realised that the plane was 2 hours late. We never did find the staff to ask and I ended up ringing customer service to confirm. I am not sure whether the gate was the airline or the airport's fault but I will be reluctant to use either again. We ended up leaving 3 hours late and getting into Zurich just before midnight. The plane was an old wide body 767 run by Air Europe which was fine. I could not recommend or fly Vueling again.
RouteBarcelona to Zurich

Review by (Netherlands) 25th July 2015

On 13 July we flew from Amsterdam to Rome. At Schiphol waiting at the correct gate we noticed the plane was going from a different gate and had a 2.5 hours delay without any explanation. This change was only called once through the intercom. The boarding was really slow, one employee was doing nothing. On board still no explanation about the delay, only that we have to wait for 30 minutes more until the other cabin crew arrives, the cabin crew on board has reached their time limit. This took in total another hour, so total delay was 3.5 hours. During the flight we got a coupon with 20 euro discount for when we fly again (valid for 6 months.) We were sitting in the last row of the plane, row 31, right side. When the flight attendant reached our row with food and beverages, the row next to us left side, placed their order and we had to wait. My wife is pregnant and needs to eat every 2 hours. When it was our turn, we placed the order but the flight attendant informed us that the kitchen was closed. We will not use the coupon and this was the last time we fly with Vueling.
AircraftAirbus
RouteAMS to FCO

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th July 2015

I have taken this airline twice. Both times it has be over 2 hours delayed. There is no priority boarding for "excellence" passengers at least not in my experience. Apparently "excellence" equates to nothing more than a velcro attached head rest. I do not care for much of their service but I do depart before my scheduled arrival time.
Cabin FlownFirst Class