Top 100 Airports

Vueling Airlines

"complete failure from their side"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Barcelona return with Vueling. Cancelled my flight last minute without any communication and put me on a flight 6 hours later. This flight 6 hours later had more then 3 hours delay. Vueling admitted that the July events were complete failure from their side and still they delay the pay out of compensation and even claim an extraordinary situation without specifying what it is. It's even two times more then 3 hours delay for one flight and of course on my way back also almost 3 hours delay. So 12 hours delay and still fighting for a tiny compensation of 250 euro.
RouteBRU to BCN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"inhumane to split a family"

Verified Review | We travelled as a family of 2 adults and 3 kids with Vueling from Paris to Venice. After check-in, they said the flight was overbooked and at the end only 4 persons in the family can fly. When we asked for help, staff said they were contractors for Vueling at CDG airport and no one actually worked for Vueling and our request was ignored. We had 2 young kids who were very tired after a long flight from US to Paris. At the end the family was split, I as the father must stay one day at CDG and my wife travelled with 3 kids. The kids were so disappointed so they cried. It was so inhumane to split a family on vacation. Why they did not offer compensation for single traveler to volunteer to give up one seat?
RouteCDG to VCE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"too expensive for the comfort and service"

Amsterdam to Naples with Vueling. Way too expensive for the comfort and service that we received. Extremely little space in the aircraft and a 2 hour delay. Staff was unfriendly and customer service is terrible. I've tried to contact them several times but all I got was information coming from a robotic voice. I won't fly with Vueling ever again.
RouteAMS to NAP
Date FlownAugust 2016

"be careful that BA means BA"

We thought we had booked British Airways as it said 'Thank you for Booking with British Airways' on the ticket but the ticket turned out to be flying with Veuling. The flight was overloaded and over 30 people were not allowed on the flight. Having paid for a 4pm flight on Saturday to arrive UK 5.30pm we were diverted via Barcelona overnight to arrive a jaded 9.30 the next day. I felt sorry for the front line staff in Florence who were chaotic but at the sharp end with some angry passengers, me among them. BA, despite their logo on the flight name, washed their hands of this and offered no help at all. Be careful that BA means BA - and avoid Vueling if at all possible.
RouteFLR to LGW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"over 1hr 30 mins of waiting"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Flew Vueling Airlines from Paris Orly to Ibiza in August 2016. 300m queue at the Vueling counter for check in at Orly airport. Over 1hr 30 mins of waiting. People having to cut the line to check in on time. Everyone loses. Spending my time posting this review so the company tries to improve. Shouldn't be too hard!
RouteORY to IBZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"This is the worst airline"

Verified Review | Florence to London Gatwick. This is the worst airline with the worst customer services I have ever experienced. We queued up for 1.5hrs to bag drop, miraculously made it on the plane (half the people didn't), our luggage did not make it (nobody told us this, they just left us waiting at the carousel for an hour before figuring it out ourselves). One week later there is still no sign of our luggage. No compensation has been offered. Each day we are told it has been "found" (as if we should be grateful for that) but that they can not confirm when it will arrive. No apology even offered.
RouteFLR to LGW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"all flights were delayed"

Verified Review | All flights were delayed. When we finally got on the flight for Bilbao from Barcelona 3.5 hours later than scheduled things seemed ok. But an announcement made half way through the flight only in Spanish changed that. I did not understand, but apparently Bilbao airport was then closed and we would have to fly to another airport. The closing time of Bilbao airport I am sure was known by the airline before takeoff. We then had to take a bus from Vitoria for an hour, and I arrived 5 hours later than scheduled, at 2.30am. The return flight was no better. I had an extremely short connection time in Barcelona (45 minutes), 30 minutes of which were lost due to the typical delays and use of buses to disembark the plane (the reason that this was so frustrating is that Vueling had tried to sell me a 'priority seat' for a higher price to 'ensure I had enough time to reach my connecting flight'. When clearly, seating makes no difference at all). I was given the incorrect gate information by the flight attendant. The only reason I made the flight after running through the airport was because all Vueling flights were delayed. Though had I been any less physically able I would have missed it. In minor addition, all the windows are filthy. This is such an awful airline. It is not worth the stress or time to try and save money by flying with them.
RouteEIN to BIO via BCN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"numerous mixed messages"

Verified Review | I made the mistake of ignoring reviews like this and paid the price the hard way, just save the stress and pay the extra £50 to fly with someone else, probably BA. Both my outbound and return flights London Luton to Amsterdam were delayed 2+ hours. On the outbound trip we were forced to stand for nearly 1.5 hours in a queue and then in a stairwell, London Luton is also a horrific experience that should be avoided at all costs. Arrived 2 hours late in Amsterdam. My return trip was, if possible, even worse: the plane we were supposed to be on had a tyre problem. After numerous mixed messages (flight cancelled, flight going, flight cancelled, flight going) a different route's plane was sourced (they delayed that flight by 3 hours instantly) and we landed 3 hours late. Take note: Vueling do not make announcements, so if something goes wrong (delay, gate change etc.) they will not let you know. They won't call passengers, they won't give you updates. This caused a lot of panic and frustration which compounded what was already a stressful experience. To make it even more horrific, we all arrived after the last train to London from Luton Parkway. Cue mass panic and shared Ubers into the city at seriously high cost. Avoid.
RouteLTN to AMS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"generally this was a good flight"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Luton. Got Easyjet out to Barcelona for a long weekend, and used Vueling for the return. I expected mass hysteria and long delays. Staff were all courteous and attentive, flight was on time and even made time up in the air, yes the plane floor was a bit on the untidy side, a couple of sweets rolling around but generally this was a good flight, loads of leg room too by the way.
RouteBCN to LTN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"worst airline I have flown"

Lisbon to Cagliari via Barcelona. The worst airline I have flown. Late, appalling customer service and they seemingly lose as many bags as they deliver. We flew with Vueling over several routes during our three months in Europe and 3 out of 4 flights were delayed longer than 4 hours, with the 4th delayed 3 hrs. We missed one connecting flight due to the delayed first leg and were not able to continue on for 12 hrs. Our bags were lost for 14 days, with no email or phone responses in that time. Not once. I can't say enough about how frustrating our experience was. I am only giving one star for each category as the rating system won't enable me to give zero.
RouteLIS to CAG via BCN