Vueling Airlines

Review by (United States) 1st July 2015

First flight 2 hrs late, second flight cancelled, third flight so far delayed - after fourth (if I make the connection) will never use them again. Savings not worth aggravation - and not helped by website that is useless half the time.
RouteValencia, Spain to Paris and Lyon to Rome to Valencia via Lyon

Review by (France) 30th June 2015

Rarely do we have any problems on a Vueling flight, and this was no exception. Easy check in, not too far to walk at BCN, and speedy boarding with on time departure. Seats are on a par with pretty much any European low cost carrier or one of the legacy airlines' economy offerings these days. Incredibly quick baggage arrival at A Coruna, though, to be fair we were the only plane in! Prices/quality of food and drink on board seem better than the likes of Ryanair, though just one observation, why on a 80 minute flight, at lunch time do the cabin crew sit and talk amongst themselves at the back for 40 mins, rather than getting the trolley out to feed hungry/thirsty mouths? Overall, Vueling continue to offer a good product, with the advantage of a choice of fares, dependant on whether you want a checked bag, chosen seat etc.
RouteBCN to LCQ

Review by (Germany) 28th June 2015

Obviously this is a low fare airline, which means we didn't expect much from their service quality, or the flight comfort. But the thing that was extra irritating is the in-flight safety announcements. In two languages, on and on and on until we landed. If the flight was under 1hour, it felt like 45 mins of it we listened to the announcements. And when we weren't, there was a background music!
RouteBarcelona to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2015

EDI to BCN on 18th June and BCN to EDI on the 27th. Excellent fare with Vueling. Flight left on time. Lovely crew and free choice of drinks and food from the menu. Return flight from Barcelona includes priority check in, fast track security, access to business lounge and priority boarding. Drink before take off and unlimited free food and drink during the flight and arrived on time. Can't really fault the service and was concerned about flying with Vueling due to previous bad reviews. Already booked up for another flight to Barcelona in September. Very impressed!
RouteEdinburgh to Barcelona

Review by (Croatia) 26th June 2015

Booking was easy and transparent, paid 168€ for Barcelona-Malaga return. I bought Optima fare which gives 23k hold luggage and seat selection. Later added sports equipment for reasonable charge. Printed boarding passes at home. Friendly and fast baggage drop-off. Boarding was on time, planes had clean interior and were in good condition, no duct tape noted. Departures within booked times, arrivals on time or 10' earlier. FAs friendly, professional and smiling. Seat pitch tight but it was expected. Inflight magazine was interesting. Did not buy anything from BOB but prices seemed comparable with other companies. Luggage delivered in reasonable times at both airports.
RouteBarcelona to Malaga

Review by (Japan) 26th June 2015

When we arrived in Palermo airport, our flight to Rome had been canceled (code-share flights with BA). No notice us at all. We suddenly lost the Rome bound airplane. We lost Japan bound for international flight of subsequent connections, even lost the Japan domestic connection flight. We had to purchase a new all airline ticket that day. This airline is really awful.
RoutePalermo to Rome

Review by (United States) 20th June 2015

Vueling is the worst. I had a flight scheduled from Rome to Athens - with fear that it would be cancelled, I arrived 7 hours early so as to have notice and ability to buy an alternative flight. I stood in line for 1 hour to check in, and was told I was too early. Finally checked in 3 hours early, only to find a change in the gate departure time to 20:20 from 19:30. Nobody at the gate to answer questions. No staff arrived until 21:00 at which point we were all rushed onto a plane. We circled around the runway for about an hour, at which point returned to gate, were told some reason that we could no longer fly and told we would all fly at some point "tomorrow morning." I demanded a time as my entire vacation depended on me arriving by AM and was told we don't know. They did not know anything, not where the hotel was, not when the next flight would leave. I refused the hotel, am sleeping in the airport and have purchased an entirely new flight. This company should be put out of business for the way they treat people, their horrible ethics and dishonest conduct.
Routerome to athens

Review by (Spain) 20th June 2015

I promised myself never to fly again with Vueling the day they obliged my 85 years old mother to pay twice for the same piece of luggage (first she paid by internet getting no receipt and later also when checking in the bag at the airport) and other very bad previous experiences with the airline. However, I found a tempting offer to fly Bilbao to A Coruña at 0700 am to arrive 0805 am on 15/06/15. Weeks after having purchased the ticket Vueling sent our an email proposing me to fly Bilbao Barcelona at 0700am to connect for A Coruña at 1235 arriving 1420 pm. So I would be arriving A Coruña 6 hours 15 minutos later! It is a scandal. Their only comment: "Lo sentimos. Su vuelo ha cambiado". These are not chárter flights. They present themselves as a regular airline but later cancel flights as they like and you suffer the consequences. Nobody cared about the train tickets I couldn´t use and the time I lost waiting for the connecting flight. And a last treat onto my ass, I tried to book the seats free of charge but the airline proposed me to do it directly at the airport for which I had to be there at 0500 am or I risked not beeing accepted. Extremely high risk to flying with this airline!!
RouteBilbao to A Coruna via BCN

Review by (United States) 17th June 2015

Vueling airlines is the worst airline I have traveled on. I flew from London to Rome, and from Rome to Paris. Both times the flight was late and extremely stressful. The first trip was 3 hours delayed. There were no representatives from Vueling to answer any questions. After the 3 hour delay, we boarded a plane. The passengers then sat on the plane for approximately 1 hour before an announcement said we were then de-boarding the plane. Again, no Vueling representatives would answer any questions. After De-boarding the flight, no one was there to help. If you asked a question you were yelled at or lied to. I had to fight to get on a flight out. Avoid Vueling at all costs.
RouteRome to Paris via Rome

Review by (Switzerland) 17th June 2015

The flight was delayed by approximately 1.25 hours. The unboarding of the previous flight was slow, especially since wheelchair assistance was not in place for a passenger. The ground crew was very relaxed, but never bother to apologize or communicate to the passengers the issues. In the meantime a very long queue to board - which seemed completely unnecessary, since boarding is by row - had developed. Once aboard, further delays and one of the staff members who was meant to assist with boarding was very aggressive. Language seemed to be the issue, and the flight staff was not able to communicate directions or provide assistance in English. What little English was used was very challenging to understand (announcements, etc.) Unprofessional. Uncomfortable. Late. Unapologetic to its customers. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteBarcelona to Zurich