Volotea

"could not understand announcements"

Verified Review | Coming from Australia we booked our many airline tickets in Feb./March 2017. It was with much trepidation that I booked with Volotea after reading the many negative reviews about this airline but we wanted a direct flight from Santorini back to Venice and this was the only airline for that day. We flew to Santorini with Aegean from Venice and a required stop over in Athens for 4 hours - this became 5 as the Olympic Airline failed and we were relocated on another Aegean flight for the short trip to Santorini. Volotea was some 30 minutes late departing Santorini but this was due to this airport being the most chaotic and disorganised airport I have ever passed through (personal constraint prohibits me from using more profound language!). Once on board the plane departed quickly and arrived in Venice, albeit late. The male flight attendants provided a meal / drinks service and farewelled us as we left the aircraft. We could not hear nor understand announcements made in English by the female flight attendant. Could the female flight attendants at least smile a little rather than look at the passengers with a deadpan expression (perhaps it was a long day for them!)
RouteSantorini to Venice
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline company"

Verified Review | Athens to Santorini. The worst airline company. Had to pay extra as we didn't know to web check in, unhappy about it but did it. Got tickets and went through security and waited by gate. No announcement made that flight had been cancelled. After boarding time was overdue I checked board and Flight Cancelled. Went to Volotea helpdesk. Given a piece of paper and told to contact airline to get refund. I have contacted airline to get refund 3 times but they wont respond to any email I sent.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownJuly 2017

"never fly with them again"

Verified Review | Avoid if possible! Going from Athens to Mykonos, we got a 2.30 hours delay, and on the way back, 30 mins delay. On top of that, the company asked us to check our cabin luggage because the aircraft was supposedly full when it wasn't! They took everyone's cabin luggage for no reason which resulted in an endless wait at the airport to get them back. I'll do my best never to fly with them again. Aircrafts were ok though. Round trip Athens-Mykonos.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Staff were not agreeable"

(Luxembourg)

Verified Review | 2-hour delay on my first flight from Luxembourg to Nice. Staff were not agreeable. Tickets not that cheap. Will not fly with Volotea again. The software they use to allocate seats to passengers in the plane is unefficient and we were all packed in different parts instead of being spread across the plane.
RouteLuxembourg to Nice
Date FlownAugust 2017

"It was a new plane"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Bastia to Lille. It was a new plane and in general, this was a good flight thanks to the legroom (I'm 187). A negative thing was the punctuality. We had a delay of 1h15min, but we where on time in the plane (problem with the slots for the airlines). It's a good thing that the captain told the passangers about this and said right away how long that we needed to wait.
RouteBastia to Lille
Date FlownJuly 2017

"friendliness of the staff"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Lille to Bastia. In general, this was a good flight thanks to the legroom (I'm 187), the friendliness of the staff and the clear communication the days before your flight. Negative things are the check in process where there is written on the website that when you don't pay extra for the boarding pass you will have bad seats and will not sit together. Still, not too tactful to say this in this way
RouteLille to Bastia
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not interested in assisting us"

Verified Review | Catania to Venice. Our flight was delayed by 3 hrs 15 mins and we missed our Transatlantic flight which only operates on weekends. We were stranded in Venice and Volotea staff were not interested in assisting us in any way. We were sent from one end of the airport to the other for 8 hours and finally had to find a hotel overnight and pay for another flight via Istambul, which was very expensive and much longer. Volotea has refused to pay the EU outlined compensation and their e-mail advising us of this would not accept a response. We were very stressed when we were stranded in Venice without any assistance and would never use this airline again. They advertise 90% Customer satisfaction at the airport and on their website, but based on all the reviews posted here, their claim is very far from the truth. They do not even take time to respond to these negative reviews, which says it all!
RouteCatania to Venice
Date FlownMay 2017

"service was quick and accurate"

(Greece)

Verified Review | I had booked with Volotea a few months ago. They informed me abiut 20 days before my scheduled flight that my flight from Athens to Mytilene was cancelled and to either get a refund or book another date, within one week from the original date, for free. This created some kind of fuss but their service was quick and accurate and we managed to pull it off. As for on flight, the plane arrived on time and it was a very pleasant trip. The crew were friendly and the aircraft relatively new (12 years old) and had low noise levels in the cabin. Overall a nice comoany to fly with, except for some handling problems. The value for money ratio is excellent though. Would fly again.
RouteAthens to Mytilene
Date FlownJune 2017

"too late to use voucher"

Verified Review | Strasbourg to Nice. The first time I flew with Volotea, my luggage was delayed and it took 6 months to receive the compensation on my bank account. When I flew from Strasbourg to Nice, Volotea informed me less than one month prior to my trip that the dates had to be modified. Instead of flying on the Thursday, I had to fly on the Friday. Either I accepted the changes and could get a voucher of 20% valid for 180 days as a (tiny) compensation or I could cancel my flight all together. I chose to fly anyway and got the voucher. Recently I booked a flight from Strasbourg to Palermo and I did not see at first where to put the voucher for the payment. I paid anyway and immediately contacted customer care. They told me that it was too late to use the voucher because I already paid. I will not be able to use my voucher before its expiry date and they refused to make an exception or to send the money to my bank account.
RouteSXB to NCE
Date FlownOctober 2016

"blatantly arrogant and rude"

Palma to Southampton. I was delighted to learn of this new airline from Southampton and booked 2 holidays for the summer. The first was on time leaving Southampton in July but delayed 2 hours on return frustrating but no big deal. The second was delayed 2 hours going out and 3.5 hours coming home. Not once was the offer of refreshments and when I asked for a complimentary drink on board a very rude attendant said no. After the experience I submitted a claim for the legal compensation of 250 euros each passenger. After a few emails I was offered 50 euros each. We decided to accept given our flights were very cheap and provided all bank details. 3 months on and many emails sent with no response I still haven't received compensation. This company are so blatantly arrogant and rude, with zero knowledge of customer services. Please don't use them if you want to arrive on time and to be treated with the respect you deserve as a paying customer.
RoutePMI to SOU