Top 100 Airlines

Volotea

"surprise for a low cost"

Montpelier to Nantes, and Volotea is a good surprise for a low cost! Like any low cost, you pay for everything, but the staff was great, the plane clean, good price for the Christmas/New year season. We almost left on time, but had a 20 mins delay, quickly informed by the pilot. Got a bad seat as it has no window (last row, corner), which can make you sick if not used to it. I flew with other low cost in Europe and Volotea was the best in its class.
RouteMPL to NTE
Date FlownDecember 2015

"worst airline I've flown "

Volotea is the worst airline I've flown with! Flew with my wife and 18 month old from Southend to Majorca in October 2015. Flying out, we were delayed by 3 hours and given no updates or explanation whatsoever. Then because we had been delayed, and once on the plane ready to take off we were advised that the crew's shift finished mid-flight and we would have to stop in Nantes to change the crew and refuel which took an additional 90 mins. Flying home, we were delayed by 2.5 hours as Volotea had forgotten to order our plane due to an 'operational oversight'. Absolutely shameful - basically there was also a flight on the same morning going to Southampton and Volotea thought this was the same as Southend therefore only ordered one plane. Crew were miserable, planes are shoddy, food is terrible - you're better off walking to wherever you're going.
RouteSouthend to Palma
Date FlownOctober 2015

"hassle to get your money back"

The booking for Volotea is pretty easy, but tricky. Mind the hidden cost which can sum up. We were supposed to leave Prague on June 8 at 20.30. Due to some technical problems, the flight was delayed until about midnight. Then we were informed that the problem had not been solved and the flight will take place next day at 12.30 which it did. There was no support, help or assistance. We had to look for accommodation ourselves. No transportation service to the city was offered and the staff present was completely overwhelmed. Apparently they have no own staff at the airports they service! We ended up in paying for the transportation, hotel and meals and despite the information sheet which was distributed, the airline never ever responded to the complaint and to the request for compensation. As the hassle to get your money back is much more costly than the write-off and this is what this airline is playing with.
RoutePRG to VCE

"flight itself was good"

Booking hassle. The big problem was the online check in. We couldn't get our return cards before we left so had to get my 87 year old mother to print them for us! I don't think that all these extra ways (ie paying extra for a seat) of making money do you any favours. The reverse is true, it just annoys customers. With all the threats about the extra charges for boarding pass. I also didn't like this "join the club" offer when I booked, I simply couldn't work out if it was worth it? Then when I had booked it told me I could have saved money by joining the club, which just annoyed me more! Its a shame really as the flight itself was good and value for money.
RouteNantes to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2015

(Greece)

An old and noisy B717, if you have another option avoid this airline. The cabin looks good on pictures with colorful head rests, but the space between the seats is very limited. By the end of the 1 hour flight I had bruises on my knees. No service at all, on longer flights there is food for cash. We had 45 minutes delay (not their fault – air traffic problem) and they did not offer even a glass of water. Passengers were mostly young people, probably for their low prices.
RouteATH to JTR
Date FlownAugust 2015

Volotea customer review

Thankfully, there was no line at the check-in counter, although the checked baggage weight allowance was only 20 kgs, causing me to move some items into my carry-on. There were busses to and from the plane at both airports, although given the rather short distance between the gates and the plane, I feel that it would have been more practical to walk. The flight was short and simple and crew seemed attentive, although I didn't buy any food or drink. Strangely, the cockpit door kept opening during takeoff. Overall, an okay low-cost airline. Just don't expect too much and know what you're paying for ahead of time. Even with a checked bag, it still cost less than a train ticket.
RoutePrague to Venice

(Belgium)

I booked a flight that should depart at 22h55, a few days later they sent an email warning that the flight departure time would be delayed by 1 hour. On the day of the departure, however, the departure time was systematically delayed, first by one hour more, and then by another hour (3 hours extra not to mention the delay when boarding the passengers). When we arrived at the airport, there was no information of the flight on the screens. Moreover, although the check in should be open until 30 min before departure, they closed the check in with more than 1.5 hours before the flight departure. There was nobody to give any sort of information and, when I found a member of the staff walking in the airport, I had to run to try to talk to her and she just shouted at me saying she was not working anymore.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownAugust 2015

Volotea customer review

Too noisy. The 717's are very noisy aircraft. Won't go with them again as our seats were at the back where the engines are situated. Moved to the front because of empty seats and still noisy. The Easyjet flight taken next day seemed bliss after that row. Comfortable in terms of nice seats and helpful staff.
RoutePisa to Nantes
Date FlownJuly 2015

Volotea customer review

Boarding was a joke. They boarded passengers with children first, however it was to a bus so the kids ended up getting on the plane last. When we got on the plane they found a bag still left on the bus and asked if anyone owned it. No one did so after the crew had a discussion about it they put it in an overhead locker. A few people asked them to take it off the plane as it was unaccompanied luggage. The crew indicated that they were told it was OK. We again protested so eventually it was taken off as it should have been to start with. To top it off they were serving paid for drinks and snacks and were so slow that they only got half way down the plane (1.5 hour flight) and they had to stop as they were landing. So half the plane couldn't get a drink. Only one of the crew was at all friendly. Thank goodness the plane was reasonably comfortable.
RouteVenice to Mykonos

Volotea customer review

If I could give negative numbers I would. We attempted 3 times to check in online without success. Once we arrived to the airport and checked in there we were charged an extra 30 euro service fee for not checking in online. They did not seem to care that we had tried multiple times online with no success. Checking our bags was also more expensive because we paid at the airport instead of doing it online prior to arrival. By the time they were done with all of the extra fees, the total for the extra fees was close to what we had paid for our original ticket. They had our passports as we had given them to the agent in order to check us in, and we were told we could have them back once we paid the fees. I felt as if our passports were being held for ransom! To add to our experience the gate was changed without any notice or announcements. The only reason we found out about the gate change was because I approached the gate agent of the initial gate about why we had not started boarding and our flight was due to leave in 10 minutes. That was when she informed that our flight had changed gates and we should go there. Then our flight was delayed, thankfully for only 45 minutes or we would have missed our next connection. Overall it was one of the worst experiences I've had with any airline, and I will never fly them again.
RouteSantorini to Athens