Volotea

"a very good experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Excellent return flight Vienna to Bilbao, travelling as a couple with infant. Easy booking process, received regular email communications in advance of flight reminding us to check-in, friendly ground staff at luggage drop and boarding gate, decent smiling cabin staff, clean cabin despite the age of the 717, tolerable seats with reasonable leg room, reasonably priced on-board menu and flights on time/early. All-in-all a very good experience, a relief after reading some of the other reviews on here, and wouldn't hesitate to fly again or recommend. The trick - as with all LCCs - is to be prepared and very carefully read and adhere to the rules re. baggage, boarding passes etc.
RouteVienna to Bilbao
Date FlownApril 2018

"One of the worst flights"

Trip Verified | Flew Volotea from Nice to Strasbourg. Airline extremely disorganized, boarding took far longer than normal. We ordered "plus seats" online which promised priority boarding, seat selection, and a snack onboard, however, we did not receive any snacks and there was no priority boarding. One of the worst flights I have ever taken.
RouteNice to Strasbourg
Date FlownApril 2018

"not worth the frustration and bureaucracy"

Trip Verified | Flew Volotea from Athens to Santorini. Avoid this airline if you can. Pay a little bit more and use Agean or Olympic. How they scammed me for extra fees: If you don’t check in online and if you have a bag then you will pay more money then your ticket is worth. They price all their tickets a little lower then everyone else but if you don’t follow their strict rules hidden in their terms of use then you get surprised with fees at the airport. Stay away. It’s not worth the frustration and bureaucracy.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never again, total shambles"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Bordeaux. Total shambles as many others have reported. Its seems to be deliberate policy to bounce passengers at the gate and it appears it is those who have not paid to choose a seat. I was left stressed for a long time and several times told yes / no even to be turned off the plane when boarded just to be pulled back again. When we all sat (there were 6 of us) there were 4 empty seats. Never again, total shambles.
RouteMalaga to Bordeaux
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Very stressful time waiting"

Verified Review | Flew Volotea from Santorini to Venice. Awful, Awful, Awful. I was told at check-in at the airport I was an overbooked passenger and that I would find out at the gate if I would be able to board the plane or not. Flight was 1 hour late, 7 other passengers were also with the 'overbooked status'. Very stressful time waiting for 2 hours at the gate and very bad boarding process. Last minute we all got seats but was an awful experience. First and last time I will fly with them.
RouteSantorini to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2017

"performed as scheduled"

Verified Review | Nice to Pau. Flight was performed as scheduled on both trips. Checking (online and bagage checkin at airport) were OK. Boeing 717 is a bit old aircraft (noisy at the rear) but the cabin is OK, we had enough space for arms but not for leg. Flight attendants were nice but not really present because most of them do not speak french.
RouteNice to Pau
Date FlownMay 2017

"Extremely disappointed"

Verified Review | Mykonos to Naples. Extremely disappointed. I'm from the US, and currently work in Naples. I decided to take my damily to Mykonos for a few days. On the way back I found out I was overbooked and the rest of my family was fine. Second, while on a plane, I moved my seat to exit row seats so that it could provide a little more room for the rest of my family. I didn't realize that those seats were extra 20 euros. Ok, I understand if someone else was trying to purchase those seats, but out of 6 exit row seats, only 1 was occupied and I was instructed to return to my other seat. 2 recommendations I have for volotea: 1. In order to minimize overbooking inconvenience, look at other airlines who serve on a first-come-first-serve basis. I booked my flight months ago and was extra early at the airport, and still almost separated from my family. Keep families together! 2. Flight attendants don't need to be 'robotic'. If there are extra seats and nobody wants them, let the customers be happy! Tell them about policies but don't force them to change seats!
RouteMykonos to Naples
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Terrible customer service"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Munich to Bordeaux. Terrible! Was not able to check-in in advance, called the office where I was told that this happens but everything would be fine. At the airport arrival I was denied boarding together with 6 (!) more passengers. No Volotea staff was there to help, only easyjet personel that was poorly informend from the Volotea head office. After 2 hours of waiting we were given the opportunity to take another flight. Unfortunately this alternative was a flight to Nantes the next day in the afternoon even though Air France had a flight the same day in the evening to Bordeaux. I ended up booking the Air France flight by myself instead since I was promised 350€ from Volotea's Head office. After a month of numerous calls and e-mails, I have not received any refund yet. Terrible customer service - would not recommend.
RouteMunich to Bordeaux
Date FlownAugust 2017

"could not understand announcements"

Verified Review | Coming from Australia we booked our many airline tickets in Feb./March 2017. It was with much trepidation that I booked with Volotea after reading the many negative reviews about this airline but we wanted a direct flight from Santorini back to Venice and this was the only airline for that day. We flew to Santorini with Aegean from Venice and a required stop over in Athens for 4 hours - this became 5 as the Olympic Airline failed and we were relocated on another Aegean flight for the short trip to Santorini. Volotea was some 30 minutes late departing Santorini but this was due to this airport being the most chaotic and disorganised airport I have ever passed through (personal constraint prohibits me from using more profound language!). Once on board the plane departed quickly and arrived in Venice, albeit late. The male flight attendants provided a meal / drinks service and farewelled us as we left the aircraft. We could not hear nor understand announcements made in English by the female flight attendant. Could the female flight attendants at least smile a little rather than look at the passengers with a deadpan expression (perhaps it was a long day for them!)
RouteSantorini to Venice
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline company"

Verified Review | Athens to Santorini. The worst airline company. Had to pay extra as we didn't know to web check in, unhappy about it but did it. Got tickets and went through security and waited by gate. No announcement made that flight had been cancelled. After boarding time was overdue I checked board and Flight Cancelled. Went to Volotea helpdesk. Given a piece of paper and told to contact airline to get refund. I have contacted airline to get refund 3 times but they wont respond to any email I sent.
RouteAthens to Santorini