Volotea

"was easy and efficient"

Not Verified | We flew from Naples to Palermo with Volotea and it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Everything from the booking, to the smooth flight itself was easy and efficient. We had printed off our own boarding passes prior to the flight and deliberately kept our luggage within 20k. I carefully read all the paper work multiple times (inc small print) so was aware of the extra charges that we would incur if we hadn’t done these things. Volotea sent emails weekly reminding me of this too. All budget airlines operate in this way, and it’s how they reap back some of the money you save on flights. They are not the only ones! We were on the plane on time and after a little bit of a delay (airports fault not Volotea’s) we were up and away, landing on time in Palermo! Thank you Volotea for proving me wrong and I hope my feedback reassures other first time flyers with you. Everyone needs to remember to read their documentation before travel and that delays are often not due to the airline alone!
RouteNaples to Palermo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"absolutely value for money"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Genoa. The flight was on time, boarding and de-boarding were made through an air bridge, and seat comfortable. Absolutely value for money! This airline is very underestimated-people must acknowledge that when they fly with low cost airlines must be very careful with their rules, for example checking in online or that their luggage meet the dimensions asked.
RouteAthens to Genoa

"avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Athens to Thira. Avoid this airline at all costs! I've flown a lot and this was the worst experience and worst company I've ever had to deal with. They cancelled our flight super last minute when everyone was already at the airport. Then, they wouldn't help anyone find any other flights and when we called customer service they said word for word "We can't help you you'll have to call back tomorrow". Now, fast forward 2 months and I'm still chasing them down for my refund! What an absolute joke and total scam. I will never fly this airline and I'll be sure to spread the word as much as possible and tell others to avoid it at all costs as well.
RouteAthens to Thira
Date FlownMay 2018

"delayed for hours in a day"

Trip Verified | Mykonos to Athens. Delayed for hours in a day, no information and lost my connecting flight. Even if they offered me free tickets, I would rather pay and receive the service that is expected in this day and age.
RouteMykonos to Athens

"7 hours of delay"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Heraklion. After 7 hours of delay, they informed us that the flight was cancelled due to weather conditions. Strange when you see 10 seater aircrafts flying normally. But anyway regular airlines offer 2 options to their customers if their flight has been cancelled: 1) refund 2) schedule a new flight a bit later. Their options were not even options: 1) travel via ferry boat and arrive to our destination with a 2 days delay. 2) travel with the next available Volotea flight which was 2 days later and 3) refund only our ticket but in reality we paid much more. So it will be better to consider what real airlines do, otherwise Volotea please leave Greece. You are not welcomed here! Thank you for ruining my vacations!
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | The flight from Athens to Santorini was normal and organised with quick check-in and luggage holding process. We traveled around Europe with our normal size hard case cabin luggages, which was accepted to put on hold for free with all other airlines, as well and with Volotea flight from Athens to Santorini. However, the return flight from Santorini to Athens was chaotic, with disorganised boarding procedures and they made us paid for excess luggage nearly to the end of the boarding process. We had to quickly ran outside to pay for the fines and went through security again, which almost made us missed the flight. It is absurd that they accepted our luggage earlier but made us pay fines on our way back! The two luggage were exactly the same sizes as they were. Although they did let several backpackers took out their belongings and gave to their friends just in order to stuff their backpack into the measuring box. There were plenty cabin spaces on the airplane as well, which has made us feel even more frustrated that we had to pay €120 unreasonably. We tried to contact the airline but still has no replied from them. Would not recommend this airline to anyone unless you want to ruin your holiday last minute.
RouteAthens to Santorini

"I am very disappointed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Cagliari to Genoa. I am very disappointed because the airline didn’t make clear in their email alerting about my flight that I had to print in advance my boarding pass. I had to pay a conspicuous sum compared to the cost of the ticket. I am sure they have some information on their website but they are not clear enough toward their customer considering they send several email trying to sell other services. They should write in capital letters and in the first lines that you have to print your boarding pass. In addition we had to wait long time before boarding in the bridge (very hot) connecting the airplane to the gate.
RouteCagliari to Genoa
Date FlownJune 2018

"cannot recommend this airline"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Me and my friend went to Athens airport 2 hours before our departure and were not able to check in for our flight from Athens to Mykonos as there was an error on their website (and the check in is not possible with the check in machines at the airport.) So we went to the counter to do the check in. The customer service was awful and nobody wanted to help, all they said that it is our fault we hadn't done the check in even tho we tried to show on our phone that the website wasn't working. They told us we had to go to the ticket sale desk and pay extra 30 euros to get our boarding passes. For some people they asked 40€ and some people they asked 30€. We still had good 45 minutes till the departure but at the ticket sale counter there was only one person selling the 30-40 euro boarding passes and even tho we tried to explain we are in a rush, so was everyone else and I believe more than 10 people missed their flights because of this. We missed our flight and had to buy other tickets - from different airline obviously. Of course on their website in the FAQ section it is stated that the check-in will have to be done 4 days before the departure which is very odd and I haven't seen any other airline do it. If it's not done 4 days before it is not possible to do anymore and you will have to queue at the ticket sale counter at the airport and pay extra to get the boarding pass (and if there is a queue, you will probably miss your flight) All and all the airline and it's "customer service" was terrible and I cannot recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteAthens to Mykonos

"prices where higher"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Mykonos to Athens. I made my girlfriend a megavolotea member by paying 50 euros per year. It supposed to give her better flight prices than the non megavolotea members. In the same time i have a simple non megavolotea account on their site. One day I checked the prices for the same flight-day - in her megavolotea account and in my non one - guess what, in my girlfriends "prime membership" account the flight's prices where higher than in my account. You can check it out if you want.
RouteMykonos to Athens
Date FlownJune 2018

"Don't fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight with Volotea for travel between Nice and Split during a holiday. On the day of the flight visited their site to confirm the flight was still on time, not only had the flight been cancelled but completely scrubbed from the system. Zero communication from Volotea. Then we you need them the most you will search and search for any phone numbers, email addresses etc. Once you find them you'll never get through to a real person. All you will find is an FAQ section on their site. We spent 500 euros per person for a 2 hour one way flight to save our vacation. After getting home the communication is no better and we are no where near getting a refund of the original flight or any compensation for the replacement flight. Don't fly with this airline. Spend the extra couple dollars and fly with an airline that won't ruin your holidays.
RouteNice to Split