Vote Now

Volotea

"too late to use voucher"

Verified Review | Strasbourg to Nice. The first time I flew with Volotea, my luggage was delayed and it took 6 months to receive the compensation on my bank account. When I flew from Strasbourg to Nice, Volotea informed me less than one month prior to my trip that the dates had to be modified. Instead of flying on the Thursday, I had to fly on the Friday. Either I accepted the changes and could get a voucher of 20% valid for 180 days as a (tiny) compensation or I could cancel my flight all together. I chose to fly anyway and got the voucher. Recently I booked a flight from Strasbourg to Palermo and I did not see at first where to put the voucher for the payment. I paid anyway and immediately contacted customer care. They told me that it was too late to use the voucher because I already paid. I will not be able to use my voucher before its expiry date and they refused to make an exception or to send the money to my bank account.
RouteSXB to NCE
Date FlownOctober 2016

"blatantly arrogant and rude"

Palma to Southampton. I was delighted to learn of this new airline from Southampton and booked 2 holidays for the summer. The first was on time leaving Southampton in July but delayed 2 hours on return frustrating but no big deal. The second was delayed 2 hours going out and 3.5 hours coming home. Not once was the offer of refreshments and when I asked for a complimentary drink on board a very rude attendant said no. After the experience I submitted a claim for the legal compensation of 250 euros each passenger. After a few emails I was offered 50 euros each. We decided to accept given our flights were very cheap and provided all bank details. 3 months on and many emails sent with no response I still haven't received compensation. This company are so blatantly arrogant and rude, with zero knowledge of customer services. Please don't use them if you want to arrive on time and to be treated with the respect you deserve as a paying customer.
RoutePMI to SOU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"stay away from this airline"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Bought a ticket in August, for a Venice-Prague one way in November. Tried to check in online this week, five days before the flight: this did not work, with a cryptic error message. Wrote a mail to customer service, asking what is going on, and why I can't check in. Was curtly told via mail "your flight has been cancelled, that is why". Phoned customer support to ask how come they did not tell me earlier. Spoke to a rather unhelpful and arrogant lady who told me that they had sent an e-mail announcing the cancellation, back in September. However, for professional reasons, I usually keep track of all incoming mail: and as far as I can see, there simply was no mail from them to that effect. And I have to yet figure out whether they actually refunded the money, as they said they had. Based on this experience: save yourself trouble, and stay away from this airline.
RouteVCE to PRG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"yet to receive the refund"

Verified Review | Athens to Santorini. Volotea changed my original flight time from 11:15am to 8:15pm. Via email, we were offered the option to receive a refund. At this point in time, it has been 3 months and I have yet to receive the refund. I have called Volotea via Skype numerous times and the representative has promised that I would receive my refund, but this has not happened. I have sent countless emails, contacted them via Facebook, and still there is no resolution. This is unacceptable.
RouteATH to JTR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"customer care is really poor"

Athens to Santorini. Arrived in Santorini to find that my luggage wasn't on the plane. Their was no assistance at all at the airport. Had to stand in a queue for 2 hours to be told luggage could take up to three days to arrive. Had to buy replacements and clothes. When I came home I made an insurance claim and have not had a single reply. I spent 300 euros on just basic items. Find their customer care is really poor, only alternative was of contacting is phoning a number in Spain which is ridiculous.
RouteATH to JTR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"they cancelled all flights"

(Croatia)

Verified Review | Split to Bordeaux return. After they had promotion and sold tickets for 6,99€ each way for autumn flights, they cancelled all flights they sold for that price. And let us know 20 days before departure after we booked all our accommodation and passes. So much money wasted because of them. And they don't even respond on e-mails after that.
RouteSPU to BOD
Date FlownOctober 2015

"experience was very good"

We had a good flight with Volotea from Split to Venice on 22nd September 2016. Flight was on time and arrived 15 minutes early. I did pay extra to select seats and print boarding passes which I never do with Easyjet, Volotea's add ons do seem expensive. Cabin crew seemed nice and all announcements were in English. The leather seats were comfortable and spacious. We had 1 coffee and a very tiny cake. Its a short flight, it is the only flight from Split to Venice, so I am not sure what we would have done if there had been a problem.Were were in row 6 and did not find the plane noisy at all Our experience was very good, I would use Volotea again.
RouteSPU to VCE
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"customer service is terrible"

Verified Review | I flew few times with Volotea from Munich to Nantes and the trip was always pleasant. The A319 seemed to be pretty new and cabin staff very friendly. They have regular promotions and the prices can be very attractive. That was it for the good side of this airline! Booking is complicated as you try to avoid buying any extras. The extras are very expensive: check-in luggage would have costed around 60€ one way(!), checking in at the airport costs about 30€. The customer service is terrible. They cancelled flights for my family 5 weeks before departure and only want to refund the tickets without offering a re-routing, which is a legal requirement (Regulation No 261/2004). Their telephone hotline is not willing to help and they replied to my e-mail almost a week later refusing the re-routing I demanded. What a pity when you have great cabin staff and competitive prices.
RouteNTE to MUC
Date FlownAugust 2016

"never heard of and wished I hadn't"

Verified Review | Palma to Southampton. I can echo the review of L.Talbot (UK) 11/7/2016. Our flight on the 4/6/2016 was also delayed for nearly five hours with total lack of info. We also had people bussed out to a plane which they couldn't find. We put in a compensation claim on Monday 6/6/2016 to Customer Care and received an automated acknowledgement and reference number. I have contacted them on several occasions mainly getting the automated response but once received a reply from Amilie in Customer Care asking for scanned passports / boarding passes / letter of authority signed by my wife confirming I could act for her. These were E-mailed by return. Still waiting 3 months on for courtesy of a reply. My experience has been poor to say the least. I booked package holiday with Thomsons and ended up with third party carrier in Volotea who I had never heard of and wished I now hadn't. Thomsons are culpable in my opinion but have washed their hands. Volotea / Thomsons give them a miss.
RoutePMI to SOU
Date FlownJune 2016

"suggest to avoid flying with them"

Venice to Catania. My husband and I were denied boarding due to overbooking and after a very unpleasant experience with Volotea staff were offered a later flight and compensation for the flight denial. Paperwork was provided and we boarded a later flight, tucked into the last squashed row, after initially paying extra for seat allocation, and missing out tour departure in Sicily. We planned to use the compensation for the taxi we needed to use to catch up with our tour, and since arriving home in July and sending over 10 emails with the required information for the compensation Volotea continue make excuses and promise compensation and the not pay. Please take heed - if Volotea promise compensation for flight denial due to overbooking, demand it immediately. They are dishonest and unreliable. I suggest to avoid flying with them!
RouteVCE to CTA