Volotea

Review by (United States) 16th June 2015

This is the worst experience I ever had with an airline. They changed the departure time (to earlier), then when we arrived for check in, delayed the flight an hour. Then, when the plane never arrived, they delayed it again for 7 hours, only offering a 10 euro restaurant ticket as compensation. This is completely unacceptable for an international airline. I will never fly with them again.
RouteBordeaux to Munich

Review by (Italy) 4th May 2015

I had quite a pleasant trip with Volotea last week. Flew GOA-CTA and back. Both flights were on time planes were clean and flight attendants friendly. Nothing to say about service and seat comfort: that was just what I expected from a low-cost airline. I was worried about my hand luggage being too heavy or big because I had read that they are very strict but they didn't even check it. I would recommend Volotea.

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st September 2014

We also flew from Belfast to Verona on the same flights as Stephen Bradshaw below. The facts are all the same as below we were travelling with a 4 year old with special dietary requirements and had not planned to spend over 10 hours in the airport. The most pleasant part of the flights was the return flight home with Air Malta who had to rescue us! We even had running water.

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th August 2014

We had the misfortune to be travelling to and from Verona out of Belfast. To begin with the plane was delayed for over two hours in departure and when had finally departed we discovered that there was very little in the way of refreshments. To add to the discomfort there was no water available to even flush the toilets let alone wash your hands. On the return flight we arrived in Verona to see that the flight was running to schedule with expected departure at the advertised time. The flight was initially delayed for 10 mins then 2 hours followed by a further 4 hours. For food and refreshments we were given a whole 5 Euro which could buy you a cup of tea or coffee and a croissant. Children and infants could only get tea or coffee. Bearing in mind that most of the passengers had been travelling since 9 am and the flight eventually departed at 8.30 pm. On the bright side Volotea had chartered a plane from Air Malta to bring us home. The staff were very pleasant and helpful except that Volotea had chartered them to fly us to another airport and did not provide us again with refreshments or snacks. many of the passengers did not reach their cars until well after midnight. I for one will most certainly not travelling with Volotea ever again.

Review by (Slovenia) 8th August 2014

Venice to Olbia and back. My first trip with Volotea and it did not leave a good impression. Flight from Venice to Olbia was somewhat OK they did not inform us that there would be a 45 min delay until 10 min before scheduled departure. From Olbia to Venice - disaster! Our flight was scheduled to depart at 7.55 pm. When we arrived there was a notice of a 3 hour delay on the screens in the airport. A passenger checked the website of Volotea and our flight was rescheduled to fly at 2.45 in the morning. In the mean time Volotea rescheduled our flight to 5 in the morning! Then - another change in departure time: 2 pm! Those passengers who could afford to go a hotel went. Those like me stayed the night at the airport. There was also another scheduled Volotea flight at 11.10 the next morning but we were told we could not get on that plane. At 9 o'clock in the morning there was another delay and our flight was moved from 2pm to 3.30 pm that is when I had enough and demanded that they put me on the flight at 11.10 am. I think I was lucky because I was travelling alone so they could find me a seat. Olbia staff changed my flight ticket without any additional costs. But even this flight had a 40 min delay so it's a never-ending story. My recommendation for you: If you have nerves and time and you're very flexible with your traveling use Volotea.

Review by (Australia) 5th June 2014

Flew Naples to Palermo May 15 and Palermo to Venice May 29. No frills service (no magazine or entertainment) but very good for short haul. Excellent cabin and ground staff. Helpful friendly professional. Didn't try food/drink on short flights. Computer problem boarding at Palermo but quickly sorted out by staff doing it manually. Recommended.

Review by (France) 21st July 2013

LIL-NTE return. Great low cost with attractive prices the 717's were fitted with new leather seats. Crew friendly on both flights however the crew could give more technical information about the flight.

Review by (Austria) 11th July 2013

Strasbourg to Bordeaux and from Nantes to Palermo Sicily. They have an all Boeing 717 fleet. Aircraft's are spotlessly clean and flight crew friendly and attentive. The only problem with Volotea seems that they can't put their act together. On January 2013 I was supposed to fly r/t from Munich to Nantes. 2 weeks before the flight they cancelled the route. In April they moved my June 24 flight to Palermo to June 25 and my June 21 flight from Munich to Bordaeux had a day and schedule change just a month before. At the airports in Strasbourg and Nantes each flight had at least a 3 hour delay and this was informed to passengers 30 minutes before scheduled departure. The handling agent staff seemed to be ashamed of even giving Volotea service. I would still give them a second chance only on routes were I could run and take a train in the event of a lengthy delay. Their routes are still very interesting.

Review by (United States) 11th July 2013

VCE-JMK-VCE on B717-200. Both legs on time. Good Legroom and fairly comfortable leather seats. Baggage Drop both in Venezia and Mykonos quick and organized. They stick to the condition of carriage for both weight and dimension of carry on bags. Prices for food/beverage on par with other European Low Cost carriers. Quick delivery of bags both in Mykonos and Venezia. Will definitely consider flying again.