Volaris

Volaris customer review

Just took my third return flight to Guadalajara Mexico on Volaris. Our most recent flight was LAS-GDL. Volaris makes no bones about being a low cost carrier but they do provide free cocktails and more than the normal number of snacks. Flight crew is well dressed and very attentive. They have recently revised baggage allowances but do offer fair pricing for additional baggage if you take the option when booking. Our only objection is the manner in which they physically search luggage prior to actual check in at the airport in Guadalajara. It is a tedious and time consuming process.

(Mexico)

MDW-GDL. The crew were always available and glad to assist female pilot was constantly making announcements of weather conditions on our route and reminding us to enjoy the flight. Being a 4 hour trip I was not surprised there was no food but the snacks offered were sufficient I even asked for a second round. The in flight entertainment was fine. Volaris is my airline of choice they always depart on time and usually arrive 10-15 minutes early to whatever the destination is. They constantly have very good promotions on their webpage. I recommend it.

(Mexico)

I just flew from MEX to LAS and I was very disappointed with the way Volaris has cramped additional rows of seats into its planes. If you are moderately tall you will suffer through the entire flight. There is absolutely no room for your legs let alone using your laptop. I don't understand who at Volaris made the decision to add these extra seats it used to be one of the most comfortable airlines in Mexico now it is an airline that I would try to avoid whenever possible. In addition and with no apparent real reason they have reduced to 15 the number of kg you can carry on your suitcase. If you exceed the limit they charge you US$8 per additional kg. Volaris has put all of its effort in becoming the most uncomfortable and least friendly airline in Mexico.

Volaris customer review

I don't know what has happened to Volaris. Over the last 3 years they have gone from good to horrible. I started to fly LAX to UPN flights recently. The web-site is maddening when booking an international fight. Sometimes it works sometimes it won't or asks you to call customer service. Warning - weigh your bags before you check-in. If you're one pound over you get charged $50USD. The seat pitch is 28 inches or less. Even a 2 hour flight is uncomfortable because the seats recline too far. Each time I flew UPN they gave me the wrong customs forms. Everyone on all flights had to redo their customs documents! It might be a great place to work but they have young employees with poor training.

Volaris customer review

Very good carrier. They offer best connectivity available to/from direct destinations at their Tijuana hub which I fly out most often. TIJ airport underwent a complete terminal renovation and expansion. One has to be careful Immigration services are before Customs when departing so make sure you get the tourist permit before checking in. I had printed my boarding pass online asked if I could check-in at the express counter and I did boarding is very simple: people with online-printed passes board first regardless of any other priority pass or so. Staff very nice overall service is good and they take pride on being very punctual (out of tens of flights I've taken only 1 has been delayed). They have a modern fleet and planes are neat. Entertainment wasn't bad though they keep airing the same shows from 6 months ago. When flying into TIJ always take your passport: both domestic and international arriving passengers go through passport control. Apparently the airport treats everyone as international passengers as I mentioned above both departing or arriving one has to undergo customs and passport control.

Volaris customer review

Had to take an unplanned flight with 30 family members to ZAC (Zacatecas) from TIJ (Tijuana). Tijuana International Airport is very nice. Security is pretty stringent. They have a couple of check points with army officers. Check in was not the best but we made it on the plane on time. The plane was an A320. Clean. On- board staff nice. They handed out alcohol soda water and chips. The flight was smooth and arrived at ZAC on time. Check in on the return flight from ZAC to TIJ was not good. They apparently sell some sort of fast pass check in which delayed those that did not want to pay for that service by about an hour as they got first priority. We made it on a packed plane. Flight crew was great. Arrived on time. I would fly them again. They are very reasonably priced and offer great service.

Volaris customer review

MEX to CUN. The behaviour of Volaris staff especially was the most disgusting I have experienced from any airline staff anywhere in the world. They deliberately placed me on the Volaris flight knowing full well the situation and consequences of that action. They knew full well I would miss my onward flight and that no arrangements were made for my onward journey. I was just passed on by them to Cancun despite their assurances and despite them knowing the consequences.

(Poland)

Very good price! (254 USD for 4 flights on route Oakland-Mexico City-Cancun). Very nice new planes. They offer free luggage snacks drinks and alcohol. Very nice helpful cabin crew. One minus - they cancelled one of my flights and changed it for another one (without my approval) and then didn't inform me about it.

Volaris customer review

Good pricing structure especially when ticket is purchased during their frequent promotions. Service overall is good especially onboard. Ground personnel leaves a lot to be desired especially at boarding when all announcements are made without the aid of a loud speaker and in Spanish only. There is no respect for anyone needing special assistance with prior boarding. Boarding is divided into 2 groups electronic check-in and boarding passes. Additionally depending on the airport higher numbers may be boarded through the rear of the aircraft through a different gate. More attention needs to be given by the gate crew to the client. Be aware that your carry on luggage may be taken from you and checked in without any rime or reason. Airplanes are clean and onboard simple and efficient. Seating is extremely tight. Don't bother opening the tray on the seat back. Their on time departure and arrival is very good. Volaris can be a good experience as long as travel is aware of the pitfalls.

Volaris customer review

La Paz to Tijuana. They took our carry-ons at the door in La Paz telling us overhead bins were full and offered to check our bags into the hold. We boarded believing our carry-on bags were safe. However when we arrived in TJ our carry-on bags were not on the carousel. Volaris luggage office advised that our carry-ons were overweight and were still in La Paz. We would have to pay $1650 pesos for them to be sent to TJ. When we contacted Volaris the following day the best offered was to "reduce the fee to $1100.00 pesos and send carry-ons to San Diego International." We evaluated our options and concluded that we were going to have to pay the extortion demand. We strongly suggest you do not allow them to check-in your carry-ons.