Volaris

Volaris customer review

I was really nervous before my trip to Cancun. However my experience was great. We boarded on time staff were friendly and our departure/arrival process was smooth. I'm used to flying with Southwest and getting complimentary drinks/snacks for the flights so I was disappointed that wasn't the case with Volaris. But for the price I paid for my flight I can't say I was surprised either. To put my trip into perspective I booked a ticket in February to Cancun for Memorial Day week (6 days 5 nights from Thursday to Tuesday). Vacation hotspot for a holiday. After tax and travel insurance I only paid about $540 for a red eye flight. I had no issues in regards to the negative reviews I read very positive experience.

(Mexico)

Volaris puts other low cost airlines to shame. I've just moved to Mexico City from England and was a little nervous of using them for a trip to the coast having had past bad experiences with the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet. What a difference! Brand new beautifully clean planes with comfy leather seats highly efficient bi- lingual staff check-in and bag drop took 5 minutes no extra charges other than a light snack on board and an instant upgrade to the larger emergency exit seats due to my husband being a big unit. Not bad for £35 each. Yes people this is Mexico a country not known for great customer service.

Volaris customer review

I had paid for a round-trip ticket with no stops from Tijuana to Cancun but when it came time to get on the flight it was a totally different story. Instead of getting straight to Cancun from Tijuana we had to have a layover in Mexico City for 2 hours on our way to Cancun and on our way back from Cancun. I had originally purchased my tickets ahead of time and specifically asked that it have no stops. When it came down to getting my tickets from the kiosk I saw that I had a layover. The company had changed my flight without my knowledge.
Value For Money N/A

Volaris customer review

Just completed a domestic round trip from Los Cabos to Mexico City. Starting out the flight was 5 hours late because of "weather in Guadalahara". On the way back a 2 hour delay no reasons given! They have your email address but don't bother to contact you. They try to sell you extra luggage options seat selection checking in at the counter 30 pesos ($2.60) per person extra leg room and god knows what. No free cookies pretzels nothing! A glass of water or a coffee is 25 pesos ($2.00). I bought a bottle of water at the airport but was afraid to ask for a plastic glass. Not a good experience!

Volaris customer review

My flight from GDL to SJC was cancelled last minute without a reason. The agents were rude and took hours to try to reschedule me on another flight only to tell me they could not place me on a flight till 4 days later! A day before the flight I called to confirm and was told my new reservation was only from GDL to LAX not SJC. It took me hours to get them to secure me a flight for the remainder of the way. They secured a flight for me from LAX to SJ with a different airline because after 4 days they still could not accommodate me on one of their flights. To top it off the other airline charged me for my luggage which I had already paid with Volaris. A horrible experience.

Volaris customer review

Flew ORD to MEX. The fare was incredibly cheap and after reading the other reviews I was prepared for the worst. In the event I found these things to be completely satisfactory: online check-in bag drop departure and arrival times seat comfort baggage collection time and email updates from the airline. However the inflight service was decidedly substandard. When handing out the migration forms the cabin attendant looked at us only to hand them out to other rows. Worse still was the refreshment situation. Typical with low cost carriers food and drink had to be purchased. What came as a surprise was that payment was limited to pesos in cash. Not having Mexican currency we endured the 4 hour flight without so much as a complimentary glass of water! Now that I know what to expect I would fly them again but only if the flight was cheap.

Volaris customer review

We flew from SJC to GDL on Volaris flight 931 and from GDL to MEX on flight 743. Both flights delayed. First one almost two hours second one by more than three hours. Its normal to go through delays what is not normal is how this airline treat their clients. They don't provide accurate information and they keep delaying the flight by 20 min when they are well aware that the flight won't take off for hours. They forced us to stay by the gate without dinner and arriving to Mexico City 2.35am. Both their ground and air personnel have no clue how to provide an adequate service to their clients. If you have an option to fly with another carrier take another carrier. This is among the worst airline I have encountered.

Volaris customer review

I have been living in Canada for 6 years and as every year I visit my family in Mexico City for the holidays. We decided to go to Puerto Vallarta this year. We purchased a ticket with this awful company 4 months before. The flight was moved from 9.30am to 5.45am 3 weeks before with no previous advice (no email no phone call no nothing). Of course all tickets were twice the price by that time with any other airline. They don't even apologize. We get to the plane the flight is late and they charge for everything in flight even a glass of water. Never flying with them again.

Volaris customer review

Mexico City to Denver. Flight #982 December 10th 2013. By far the worst airline of all times! I am not the only one that this has happened to which is unbelievable. Here it is: if they don't have enough people to fill up an entire aircraft they will cancel the entire flight. And they only have 1 flight per day. My wife and my 1 year old daughter are stuck in Mexico City. No notice no refund nothing. Zero customer service!
Seat Comfort N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Mexico)

Mexico City to Cancun. They changed my flights without any notification. I happened to check my reservation online and found the change. They had no explanation for why I was not notified. The 6 other travelers in our party had the same problem. Offered me a 10% voucher on my next flight which will never happen. Much better options out there.