Volaris

"staff in Guadalajara were rude"

This is the worst customer service I have received. Particularly the staff in Guadalajara, who were rude. I have flown with Volaris before from Leon to Chicago without any problems, but every time I fly from Guadalajara I have issues with the staff because they want to charge for the same carryon bag that I use with them on the flight there from Chicago. It's ridiculous. I even weigh my bag with a personal scale I bought to make sure I don't go over the weight but the scale in guadalajara is not accurate. My luggage weigh the same at the other airports as on my scale except for the scale in Guadalajara.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2015

"planes look a little dirty"

(Mexico)

The second time I used Volaris. First time from Guadalajara to Los Angeles round trip, and this month a round trip Guadalajara to Fort Lauderdale. The space for the seat is really tight, they charge for the second baggage more than 100 USD. The Volaris planes look a little dirty.
RouteGuadalajara to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2015

"trying to charge everything"

(Mexico)

Very bad service with Volaris, they want to charge for the carry on, even if they fit perfect in the plane, only is to charge you more. Staff are rude and only are trying to charge everything. The seats are not comfortable.
RouteToluca to Acapulco

Volaris customer review

I only flight Volaris because I have no other choice. When buying tickets on line, the site tries to charge you more. They want to make you think that they have good prices and sales, but they charge a lot! They charge you $90 pesos if they print out the ticket. A reprint, they will charge the same. You have to go to an automated terminal and do it yourself. Luggage size policy is most ridiculous. If for some reason you take the same luggage that other airlines allow, they make you pay a fee of $400 pesos at the gate. If you tell them to check it in, they say in a very rude tone, that they cannot do it at the gate and you need to go outside security, make a line and check it in yourself. They confirm you that the plane will leave and they will not wait for you so you end up paying that amount or losing your flight. If the person in front of you reclines the seat, you are cramped and uncomfortable. Today they have a marketing strategy to get more clients by saying that you can reserve an entire row so that you can travel more comfortable. Flying Volaris is very frustrating.
RouteMonterrey to Mexicali

Volaris customer review

We have been flying them for several years, so much cheaper than the competition and great service. We generally fly from Tijuana airport to Puerto Vallarta. Cost is about 1/2 of what it would be out of San Diego and sometimes a lot less. At present they offer you a free checked bag up to 55 pounds and they allow 2 free carry-ons of a smaller size (fit under the seat) such as a purse or backpack. Only one time was the flight significantly delayed and that was due to weather. Easy website to use to check in (allows you to do so 72 hours early). I do not purchase a seat before I check in and have never had a problem getting a seat with companions. You can print your boarding pass at home or at the airport in a koisk for free. All planes we have been one have seemed new or newer, clean. Friendly flight staff. They have food and beverages for sale now (used to be complimentary). However, you know this so bring food yourself or buy theirs.
RouteTijuana to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownApril 2015

Volaris customer review

Our family will not be flying with this airline again. Their flights are constantly off schedule. We had a terrible experience, which ruined our vacation. We were flying out of Tijuana to Cancun with a connecting flight in Mexico City. When we checked in they said our connection to Mexico City was late and they changed our connection which caused us to arrive late to our Cancun vacation. We had planned to arrive in Cancun early morning. We were very disappointed! We ended up traveling all day as opposed to just half a day just because our original connecting flight was late. In fact, most of the connecting flights we had with then during this vacation were off schedule. There was a lot of waiting around! This is pretty disappointing since this was our go to airline. However, we will now be shopping for another airline. Also, they offer no complimentary beverages or food/snack on board.
RouteTijuana to Cancun
Date FlownJuly 2015

Volaris customer review

Their website is a joke, call center is worse. I spent hours online trying to pay for an extra piece of luggage the day before I traveled. The website would not allow me to prepay it just kept taking me back to the home page. I tried calling the call center and got the same thing, a recorded message advertising all the additional services but no live person to talk to. I ended up having to pay at check-in and was made to pay $100.00 for one extra bag. When I voiced the issues with their website I was told I should have called the call center. Also, the live chat feature on their website does not work (big surprise). To add insult to injury, they said my carry on was too big and wanted me to pay another $100.00 to check that bag!! Same carry on I use at other airlines with no issues. I said forget it and asked them bring the bag I had just paid $100.00 to check, so that I could put my carry on items in that bag. I was told "that's not going to happen" even though I could still see my bag on the belt. At this point I threw a fit right there at the LAX counter. Thirty minutes later I was given back my bag. I am normally a very calm person but what made the whole experience so irritating was the rude and condescending attitude from the Volaris reps. Absolutely no attempt to try to make one feel better about being ripped off. Same thing happened with the website and call center when I tried to pay for the extra luggage on the return trip. This time I actually called another number as if I wanted to buy a new ticket and that's how I finally got a live representative on the phone. He was nice and was able to add the extra bag in advance. It still cost $65.00 for the extra bag but I guess it's better than $100.00. Total round trip cost LAX to Aguas Calientes = $545.00. I could have flown a First Class airline for that price.
RouteLAX to Aguas Calientes
Date FlownJuly 2015

Volaris customer review

I flew Volaris 901 17 April LAX-MEX and carried my allowed small luggage with me that perfectly fit on upper compartment and was on policy per Volaris/IATA regulations. On my return flight 926 MEX-LAX the check in personnel asked me to pay over 40.00 dollars if I wanted to carry the same small luggage. I told her I had just few in from LAX with that particular luggage and it was no problem it more than fit the regulations and there was no Policy stating I should pay. She told me they were having an "audit" and the finance personnel will be waiting at the entrance of the plane so I should pay her 40.00 or pay double at the entrance. I refused and of course there was nobody at the entrance "collecting: money. Now the problem is that other 6 passengers did pay to be allowed to carry their small luggage that perfectly fit the compartment and was within regulations. Some clients paid 80.00 USD others between 40.00-50.00 USD. am not the only one that decided to never again use Volaris.

Volaris customer review

I flew Sacramento to Guadalahara. The fare itself was not so cheap the round trip was around $565. To choose a seat I had to pay $13. Then at the gate even though the website says you can have a carry on bag they charged me $40 for the bag and no receipt. They don't even give you water for free. No one should be flying this poor excuse of an airline.

Volaris customer review

LAX-GDL then GDL-MEX. Nice modern aircraft on both legs. Flights were cheap which is why we went via Guadalajara - which is a pleasant airport for a quick layover. Boarding system is among the strangest I've seen - each seat is assigned a group with which to board (1-4) but the group assignment seemed completely arbitrary and not related to place in the cabin as would be expected. Also they make you line up in your group rather than just call one group at a time felt like primary school. Legroom is absolutely horrendous. I'm 6'2 and my knees were banged up against the hard back of the seat in front even before it had reclined. Would have been somewhat forgivable had the seat back not been so hard. The seat itself is also quite uncomfortable. I'd actually say this is probably the worst airline seat I've sat in. Staff are expectedly inattentive for a low cost airline. They're also very inconsistent with their decision to translate from Spanish to English - some announcements are more important than others obviously? The lady next to me on one of the flights ordered the buy-on-board nachos which looked awful (canned cheese plus corn chips) so I didn't bother with any of that. No inflight entertainment to speak of outside their magazine. Would recommend avoiding Volaris if you value legroom.