Volaris

(Mexico)

Mexico City to Cancun. They changed my flights without any notification. I happened to check my reservation online and found the change. They had no explanation for why I was not notified. The 6 other travelers in our party had the same problem. Offered me a 10% voucher on my next flight which will never happen. Much better options out there.

(Mexico)

I have been travelling on Volaris for the past two years. My latest trip from La Paz Mexico to Guadalajara Mexico on the 7th of November was terrible. The airline changed their baggage allowance in mid October and on their website they give carry on dimensions that are wrong. My bag was an inch higher than their metal box that the carry on has to fit even though I had done the measurements before leaving on the trip. I was charged the equivalent of $25.00. I had also booked and paid for emergency row seats and was told that I hadn't booked them. Then I realized that they had given us someone else's boarding cards. When I spoke with an agent I was given my appropriate boarding cards without any apology at all. When I arrived in Guadalajara I complained to three different people about the baggage and boarding card issues and was informed that there was no supervisor on duty even though this was one of their hubs. This is an excellent airline for inexpensive fares if one books at least 3 months in advance but it is a terrible airline for customer service.

Volaris customer review

Used this airline from Chicago (MDW) to Mexico city and I have to say it was pretty cramped but as long as you avoid the aisle seat your good to go. I just wish Voris was also available in Houston TX. I recently moved and I am frustrated that Volaris doesn't offer flights in Houston.

Volaris customer review

Unacceptable experience in May on an LAX to Guadalajara flight. Chose Volaris because they had the lowest price. However their strange new luggage policies negated any financial savings. You don't get to bring as many lbs onboard as with other airlines and they are incredibly strict about this requirement. We had 2 checked bags and 2 pieces of carry-on luggage which they insisted we re-balance until all 4 weighed exactly the same. They don't let you do this at the counter so you have to get out of line and open your bags in the back of the terminal move things around and then stand in line again. It took us 4 tries and 1.5 hours to actually check in the 2 bags and we barely had time to make it to the gate and board. Considering all 4 bags flew on the same airplane it obviously wasn't a question of excess weight. When I priced return trip tickets the additional baggage charges made their rates completely uncompetitive and low prices were the only reason we had for flying Volaris.

Volaris customer review

SFO to Guadalajara. They had the best price for a direct flight. Next time I will take another airline with better service because in the end with all their extra and hidden charges you will end up paying a high price for a horrible service and horrible flight. planes are packed like sardines and when you arrive in Mexico they off board you at the tarp walking down a high flight of stairs from the plane all the time carrying your hand luggage and then they herd you like cattle onto a bus. Even though I paid extra for option to change my flight still they charged me an extra $200 dollars in fees and don't start me on the luggage allowance. Don't fly with this airline.

Volaris customer review

LAX to Mexico City to Cancun round trip. Staff at LAX Mexico City and Cancun were very helpful and patient. FA's on each leg were kind and helpful. Boarding very fast and efficient and they boarded according to rows back to front. The seats were as comfortable as any other economy class airline. There is only economy class. The snacks were your choice of chips and drinks were free not just soda and juice but also beer and mix drinks. We were a party of 5 and we checked 5 bags and were all within the weight limit. Upon return 1 bag got left in Mexico City at Customs it was delivered to our home the following day. I was very sceptical about flying Volaris after reading so many negative reviews however when you are a family of 5 I had to go with the most economic. I will not hesitate to fly Volaris again.

(Spain)

TIJUANA-MEX nearly 4 hour flight. At check in they charge for several things also for a 19k bag - they say they have a 15k policy. Boarding ok flight on time. FA's nice they serve snack and drinks for free. Arrival on time a little time waiting for bags.

(Brazil)

MEX-LAP-GDL-MTY. They can be cheap if you are not flying with a lot of luggage if you buy extra kilos the final price of your travel can double! Ground staff service is very basic you must print your boarding pass at home to avoid a 20 pesos fee the onboard service is very basic flights are mostly on time planes new but not too many options of entertainment a few audio channels you also need to bring your earplugs as they do not provide them. Bottom line - an ultra low cost carrier.

(Mexico)

On a flight from Mexico City (MEX) to Chicago (MDW) seats were not very comfortable and it was quite crammed. Flight was on-time. Baggage policy is only 15 kg per passenger for an international flight. Service on-board fine. Not a great low cost airline.

Volaris customer review

I flew direct from Oakland CA to Mexico. The worst part about the entire situation is there is no assigned seating which I was unaware of. I called Southwest (who I booked it through) to get assigned seats and they told me I would have to pay for them. So I did because I wanted our family together. I realized the night before departure that I was the only one with assigned seats so I tried to call SW again and they routed me to Volaris. Their on ground customer service is horrible. Interestingly enough once we got on the plane it wasn't too bad - flight attendants were nice enough etc. I will not fly them again unless I am forced to.