Vistara

"a good experience"

Verified Review | Hyderabad to Delhi. Ground Service at Hyderabad easy, no hassle check in, boarding was reasonable and was done in about 20 minutes from first call. Seat: 9A - no recline seat - ok for a short flight, decent legroom and cushioning. Not a fan of the Vistara colour scheme though. Cabin Crew were all very conscientious and courteous. I am impressed with the quality of their training and attention to detail. Catering: Vegetarian option. Quite average tasting, a little bland. Disembarking & Luggage: Smooth landing, 7-8 min to taxi to apron in DEL. Very long walk from aerobridge to luggage belt. Luggage was ready by the time I got to the belt. Overall a good experience and will fly again.
RouteHyderabad to Delhi
Date FlownApril 2017

"Vistara cancelled the flight"

Verified Review | I was scheduled to fly from Mumbai to Goa on 20 March 2017 for which I booked about five months in advance but just a week before departure, Vistara cancelled the flight. I was not provided with any other alternate flight so had to book about three days before departure and it cost me a bomb. On the contrary my parents flew from Delhi to Goa by SpiceJet in February. At that time too, SpiceJet cancelled the flight but they provided us with an alternate flight which was great on their part.
RouteMumbai to Goa
Date FlownMarch 2017

"avoid travelling by Vistara"

Verified Review | I was scheduled to travel Vistara from Srinagar to Bangalore via Delhi. Flight 744 was departing Srinagar at 06.10 PM, reaching Delhi by 07.35 PM. The connecting flight from Delhi to Bangalore (811) was to depart at 06.45 AM the next day. My travel Booking was from Srinagar to Bangalore under a single PNR. But Srinagar ground staff gave me boarding passes to Delhi only. Added to that they booked the checked in baggages to Delhi only. They wanted me to collect the luggages at Delhi, do a fresh check in for Bangalore flight. They did not allow the transfer facility at Delhi. I was inconvinienced a lot. We were a senior citizen couple. Repeated request to the Ground staff and the airport Manager at Srinagar fell on deaf ears. In future, I would avoid travelling by Vistara.
RouteSrinagar to Bangalore via Delhi
Date FlownApril 2017

"preferred domestic airline"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Delhi. Vistara had been my preferred domestic airline for the past two years since I flew it for the first time. It's on time performance, new and clean aircraft, fantastic service, good food, etc has made it my favourite. The website and app is simple and user friendly. I am impressed with its frequent flyer programme where the points accrued seem to be more than other airlines. Staff are courteous and the systematic boarding gives a feel good factor right from the beginning of the journey. Food served is nice and hot. Leg space is good and arguably the best among domestic airlines. I hope that Vistara is able to increase its fleet size and fly to more number of sectors other than increasing the flights in the current sectors. Also hope that they continue with this wonderful service !
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"they should have IFE in premium economy"

Verified Review | Flew from New Delhi to Mumbai. This was the first time I have travelled with Vistara and I have to say I was very pleased. In my opinion this airline is undoubtedly the best in India. One thing I would like to point out is that they should have IFE in premium economy, so as there is a differentiation between economy, premium economy and business class.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNew Delhi to Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"we were warmly welcomed by the cabin crew"

Verified Review | Flew from Delhi to Mumbai with Vistara on an A320. The check-in was done very comfortably with no queues. While boarding the aircraft we were warmly welcomed by the cabin crew and always had had a smile on their faces which also kept on realising that we were on board a TATA Sons airline. The interior was fantastically decorated as well as well-maintained. The seats had a very soft cushioning which made us feel very comfortable. This was the first Indian airline whose seats were made up of leather. The legroom was also nice. The food tasted fantastic. I am very eager to fly Internationally with them. Overall a very pleasant and comfortable journey and also had a very fantastic experience.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2016

"wasn't greatest of experiences"

Verified Review | Ahmedabad to Delhi. I was looking forward to flying on Vistara but it wasn't the greatest of experiences. First of all the flight was brought forward although this was due to restrictions in Delhi rather than Vistara's fault. Then because I had paid using an international credit card upon checking they said they would have to verify it before they could issue my boarding pass! I have never encountered this before so had to wait for about 15 minutes before they came and gave it to me. The flight itself took off and arrived some 45 minutes behind schedule. Seating was better than on Jet Airways domestic economy and the food served was OK for a short journey. Vistara seem to be offering a good product but it wasn't quite the positive experience I was hoping for.
RouteAhmedabad to Delhi

"A high quality product"

Verified Review | Goa to Bombay in Business Class in an A320 in Jan 2017. A high quality product both on the ground and in the air. The aircraft are new, cabins and restrooms clean and well-maintained. The onboard staff provides excellent service. Special attention is paid to the food served (at least in Business Class). The menu card lists the calories of every item on offer. In my experience, Vistara is currently the best domestic airline in India, and by far. If inflight wifi is provided it would round off the package beautifully.
RouteGOI to BOM
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"every aspect was faultless"

Verified Review | Bombay to Goa in Business Class in an A320. Every aspect of this flight from check-in to boarding to in-flight service to baggage retrieval was faultless. The staff are well-groomed, efficient and warm. The cabins are clean although somewhat spartan (that is, no wifi or monitors). And for short-haul flights the seats are comfortable. I was glad that my bags emerged first and quickly (I was the only passenger in Business Class).
RouteBOM to GOI
Date FlownDecember 2016

"combines luxury with comfort"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Kochi. Vistara combines luxury with comfort and is a wonderful airline. I was travelling in Premium Economy I was the only passenger in both the Premium Economy and Business class cabin. The meal was delicious and I enjoyed a comfy seat with neck pillows and extra leg-room. Just before landing the crew hand out a hot towel wipe. The flight was an on-time arrival and a warm good-bye by the crew..
Cabin FlownPremium Economy