Virgin Australia

"No service with a smile"

Trip Verified | Perth to Brisbane. No service with a smile from ground service, very abrupt. Lounge was good and even the cook was friendly when he talked about his thai chicken soup. Typical 737 implies seat recline is limited, although spacious. Food was good. Cheese platter was most memorable. However, as my other flight with VA, the fish was not on the menu as well. Entertainment was average. Selection is not the greatest considering such a long flight.
RoutePerth to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Overall great service"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Perth. Friendly host and good food. Seat was spacious but limited on how much recline one can do. A bonus was free Wifi on the plane. I was really disappointed at the menu. The flight did not stock a menu item and ran out of the cheese platter. The host tried to provide an alternative using economy class cheese. Overall great service, not so good on the seats and poor on the menu availability.
RouteBrisbane to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2018

"exceeded my expectations"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I frequently travel to Asia on Air New Zealand, SQ, and Qantas and I had low expectations of VA given the cheap fare. I was wrong. They exceeded my expectations, crew were excellent - attentive and funny. Meals were above what I see on Air New Zealand, and were better out of Hong Kong than Melbourne which was a surprise. I was offered a second meal by crew as there were leftovers - this has never happened to me before. Excellent choice of films and TV. Seats were comfortable. The only drag was having to board at a remote gate in Melbourne. Took a while.
RouteAuckland to Hong Kong via Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2018

"I will never recommend Virgin"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Adelaide. Shocking Service. Been at the airport for my 9am flight and still waiting with no communication. Flight is now suppose to depart at 5:20pm. I use Virgin Australia for business not because I want to but my work has corporate deals otherwise I would have never used them. Flew with Jetstar and Tiger many times which is much cheaper and has always been a good experience. If you prepare to wait at Melbourne airport due to Virgin please go ahead. I will never recommend Virgin.
RouteMelbourne to Adelaide

"flight was enjoyable"

Trip Verified | Townsville to Brisbane. First time on Virgin Australia so I was a bit wary, had no cause really. Staff at check in were friendly, didnt take up the offer to have assistance, will next time. The staff at the gate took a group of us on first because of assistance issues. They were friendly, courteous, and was very attentive. They arranged for transport at the end of the flight which was waiting at the gate, thank heavens. The entire flight was enjoyable and i will travel with them again.
RouteTownsville to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2018

"flight was 3.5 hours delay"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hong Kong return. The onward flight was more than 1 hour delay and the return flight was 3.5 hours delay. Flightstat has showed more than 1/3 of extreme long delay on both sectors. It is a shocking statistics and is the worse for direct flight of the sector. The food is of a budget airline standard and the entertainment option is limited compared with the other airline of the same route. Cabin service is quite good and I do understand the pressure they have to take to handle constant long delay flight. The fare is in the cheapest for direct flight normally about $200-$300 cheaper for direct flight. If you are a budget traveller and have plenty of time this flight can be a good option. If timing is a vital part of your journey, it is better to avoid the flight at all cost. Unfortunately, I am the latter one even I have put in 2 hours as a safeguard. There is one thing I don't understand, The flights for this sector is either on-time of seriously delay but not in the middle - small delay.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMelbourne to Hong Kong
Date FlownJune 2018

"recommend not to use them"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney with Virgin Austalia connecting to Air Canada onto Vancouver. Waited in queue for 20 mins at airport. Only One person doing international flights check-in. Two queues one for domestic one for international Was told to stay in international queue. One person directing people between the international. And domestic check-in desks did not appear to know what she was doing. Informed her that I was on the 6:45 flight Mel to Sydney, just told me gates closed 1 min ago Sent me to virgin desk without trying the check in desk. Time was 6:15 Virgin customer desk just said that I have to speak to Air Canada even though this was their flight. So missed flight could not use complete return ticket. Lost $1400.00 unhelpful airline will avoid them and recommend not to use them.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"how disappointing"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Coffs Harbour. I cannot express how disappointing this airline is. I checked in online and thought that I only needed to get to the airport 40 minutes before departure. Allowing for Vigin poor service you need to arrive 1.5 hours prior to departure. This is not communicated on the Webjet ticket or in the Virgin text messages or emails. Two hard faced women at the 'Service Desk ' were monumentally indifferent. I had to buy another ticket. This was $40 more than than the same ticket online Absolutely shameless!
RouteSydney to Coffs Harbour

"with so much attitude"

Trip Verified | Came to Brisbane for work with a Qantas flight and was amazed and how much more organised and friendly the staff were in comparison to Virgin. As soon as I come to the lounge the woman greeting you to scan your ticket man handled my phone. While holding my phone in my hand the guy outside shouted “oi no phones” with no warning and with so much attitude. I got on to the aircraft and there are a seat and floor full of crumbs. Guess I will be flying Qantas from now who offer a beautiful breakfast, not just a protein ball.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2018

"an uneventful flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Boarding was efficient and quick, despite there was only one ground staff at the gate. Virgin Australia’s B737-800 does not have any IFE or USB port so if you are planning to watch the IFE through on-board WiFi streaming, I strongly recommend other passengers to bring a power pack to charge your personal devices. Cabin was clean and fresh when I board the plane. An hour into flight, dinner is served. Choice was chicken with vegetable and rice, or vegetarian penne pasta. Dinner comes with drinks and chocolate mousse as dessert. I chose the chicken with vegetable and rice. Chicken was tender and well marinated, the hot meal was overall delicious although the vegetable was a little overcooked. After dinner, crew went around for few rounds of beverages and water. Overall an uneventful flight, and the flight arrived in Perth on time.
RouteMelbourne to Perth