Virgin Australia

"flight was enjoyable"

Trip Verified | Townsville to Brisbane. First time on Virgin Australia so I was a bit wary, had no cause really. Staff at check in were friendly, didnt take up the offer to have assistance, will next time. The staff at the gate took a group of us on first because of assistance issues. They were friendly, courteous, and was very attentive. They arranged for transport at the end of the flight which was waiting at the gate, thank heavens. The entire flight was enjoyable and i will travel with them again.
RouteTownsville to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2018

"flight was 3.5 hours delay"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hong Kong return. The onward flight was more than 1 hour delay and the return flight was 3.5 hours delay. Flightstat has showed more than 1/3 of extreme long delay on both sectors. It is a shocking statistics and is the worse for direct flight of the sector. The food is of a budget airline standard and the entertainment option is limited compared with the other airline of the same route. Cabin service is quite good and I do understand the pressure they have to take to handle constant long delay flight. The fare is in the cheapest for direct flight normally about $200-$300 cheaper for direct flight. If you are a budget traveller and have plenty of time this flight can be a good option. If timing is a vital part of your journey, it is better to avoid the flight at all cost. Unfortunately, I am the latter one even I have put in 2 hours as a safeguard. There is one thing I don't understand, The flights for this sector is either on-time of seriously delay but not in the middle - small delay.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMelbourne to Hong Kong
Date FlownJune 2018

"recommend not to use them"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney with Virgin Austalia connecting to Air Canada onto Vancouver. Waited in queue for 20 mins at airport. Only One person doing international flights check-in. Two queues one for domestic one for international Was told to stay in international queue. One person directing people between the international. And domestic check-in desks did not appear to know what she was doing. Informed her that I was on the 6:45 flight Mel to Sydney, just told me gates closed 1 min ago Sent me to virgin desk without trying the check in desk. Time was 6:15 Virgin customer desk just said that I have to speak to Air Canada even though this was their flight. So missed flight could not use complete return ticket. Lost $1400.00 unhelpful airline will avoid them and recommend not to use them.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"how disappointing"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Coffs Harbour. I cannot express how disappointing this airline is. I checked in online and thought that I only needed to get to the airport 40 minutes before departure. Allowing for Vigin poor service you need to arrive 1.5 hours prior to departure. This is not communicated on the Webjet ticket or in the Virgin text messages or emails. Two hard faced women at the 'Service Desk ' were monumentally indifferent. I had to buy another ticket. This was $40 more than than the same ticket online Absolutely shameless!
RouteSydney to Coffs Harbour

"with so much attitude"

Trip Verified | Came to Brisbane for work with a Qantas flight and was amazed and how much more organised and friendly the staff were in comparison to Virgin. As soon as I come to the lounge the woman greeting you to scan your ticket man handled my phone. While holding my phone in my hand the guy outside shouted “oi no phones” with no warning and with so much attitude. I got on to the aircraft and there are a seat and floor full of crumbs. Guess I will be flying Qantas from now who offer a beautiful breakfast, not just a protein ball.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney

"an uneventful flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Boarding was efficient and quick, despite there was only one ground staff at the gate. Virgin Australia’s B737-800 does not have any IFE or USB port so if you are planning to watch the IFE through on-board WiFi streaming, I strongly recommend other passengers to bring a power pack to charge your personal devices. Cabin was clean and fresh when I board the plane. An hour into flight, dinner is served. Choice was chicken with vegetable and rice, or vegetarian penne pasta. Dinner comes with drinks and chocolate mousse as dessert. I chose the chicken with vegetable and rice. Chicken was tender and well marinated, the hot meal was overall delicious although the vegetable was a little overcooked. After dinner, crew went around for few rounds of beverages and water. Overall an uneventful flight, and the flight arrived in Perth on time.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff efficient and warm"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Cairns. Why anyone would choose Qantas domestic business over this is beyond me. Efficient check in, nice lounge with good breakfast, easy boarding, way more leg room and comfort, much better entertainment options and more. The staff were efficient and warm serving a delicious meal leisurely for the 3 hour trip. Had literally the exact opposite on the same aircraft on Qantas. Great job Virgin, rather sad for Brand Q!
RouteMelbourne to Cairns
Date FlownMay 2018

"booked an isle seat for it to be changed"

Trip Verified | Perth to Port Hedland. Time and time again they've failed to provide a quality service. Prime example was today. I booked and was in the process of paying for an extra leg room isle seat. The payment had been processed just for them to tell me that my seat had been changed to a middle seat after payment process. Then just to be told that they can't change to any isle seats since the plane was full. As it turns out later one of my work colleague's got the same leg room seat across from me for nothing. Why did I even bother. Why does anyone even bother with this painful company. This isn't the first time I've booked an isle seat for it to be changed. A couple of months ago I used the virgin website to book myself an isle seat before flying. The seat was confirmed, just for me to arrive at the airport and to be told that my seat had been changed to a middle seat. After my flight I called customer service and the answer I was given was to not assign my frequent flyer number to my booking and that should sort the problem out next time. Buyer be prepared to fight for any decency from this mob.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePerth to Port Hedland
Date FlownMay 2018

Check-in from Hobart is abysmal"

Trip Verified | Darwin to Hobart via Melbourne. We regularly get this flight. The breakfast breakfast snack invariably consists of sugary items such as choc muffins, sweet yoghurt etc. Kids like it, adults don't. The snack is all you get despite the flight being over 4 hours - not even a 2nd cup of tea. Check-in on return flight from Hobart airport is abysmal. Often queues stand for long periods with no-one on counter despite saying they open 90 mins before departure. Then a single staff arrives to check in 3 queues. There seems to be a problem booking on an ipad if you are a Velocity member. I have missed out on sale fares because of this. Get no reply when filling out complaint form. Virgin call centre rarely resolves problems or answers questions, often just refer you to Velocity which has limited hours. Last time the call centre told me their system doesn't allow booking on an iphone or ipad and can only be done on a desktop! They said they were soon getting a new system which fixes this problem. I'm sure this isn't correct.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDarwin to Hobart via Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2018

"such an unreasonable airline"

Trip Verified | Wellington to Brisbane. This is one of the most unreasonable and unhelpful airlines I have ever flown. Zero tolerance for a bag even slightly over the 23kg limit and the charge was extortionate. Never before have I flown with such an unreasonable airline.
RouteWellington to Brisbane