Best Cabin Crew

Virgin Atlantic

"drinks and food good"

London Heathrow to Shanghai Pudong with Virgin Atlantic. Check-in with fantastic assistance and boarding in priority groups. Seat very comfortable with good legroom. Choice of drinks and food in premium economy good and presented in nice way. Crew delivered good service. On arrival no trouble with bag collection.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLHR to PVG
Date FlownAugust 2015

"food was disappointing"

I have been flying to Tobago from London with 3 different airlines including Virgin Atlantic and I have to say I wasn't impressed this time. The food was disappointing, the staff seemed to be in too much of a rush and the seats were not comfortable. The flight back was freezing, I did speak to one of the air hostesses about the temperature being so cold and was told it was as high as it would go. I have never been so cold on a plane. I hope is warmer on my next flight in April.
RouteLHR to TAB via UVF

"staff were attentive"

We have just returned to London Heathrow from a wonderful holiday in Hong Kong. The flights with Virgin Atlantic were the icing on the cake. The lounges were an excellent overturn. On board, the staff were attentive, serving great (but not out of this world) food accompanied by many fine wines. The flat bed is very comfortable and provides copious space for an average sized person. I am visually impaired and both the ground staff and cabin crew were wonderful in discreetly catering for my specific needs.
RouteLHR to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"B787 interior looked good"

I was very excited when I booked my flight from Heathrow to New York as it was going to be my first flight with Virgin Atlantic and my first B787. I had problems checking in online the day before, so I was given a seat allocation at the airport. The seating was on a 3-3-3 configuration. I usually go for window seats but none were available. I was given a seat in the middle of the aircraft and this was a real downside. However, the interior looked good, had more of an airy feel. At cruising speed and altitude, noise levels were quiet. The inflight entertainment was good but the film library was not extensive compared to some airlines. The cabin crew were attentive and I must say, I liked their uniform. I was not impressed with the food though. It looked and tasted very ordinary. In summary, well done Virgin for investing in good equipment (B787) but try to improve on the food.
RouteLHR to JFK
Date FlownApril 2015

"extra legroom seats great "

Our holiday was booked through Virgin Holidays and we changed it several times, first going to Orlando, then Miami, but Virgin were quite happy to accommodate us. On the return journey we were due to fly Delta from Miami to Atlanta and Virgin had given us 40 minutes to change flights. Not believing that it was possible I phoned Virgin in Miami and they changed the flight to a much earlier one, although they insisted that it was possible. Everyone we spoke to at the airports pulled a face when we told them about the 40 minutes. As it happened the flight that we were on was delayed by 30 minutes and the plane was full of people panicking as they had 10 minutes to change flights. The flight was excellent, we had extra legroom seats which are great and the attendants were extremely helpful. We even arrived an hour early due to a tail wind.
RouteMIA to MAN via MIA

"seats are very cramped"

First time I have used Virgin Atlantic Upper Class flying from Atlanta to Manchester and have to say it will be the last. Seats are very cramped, especially for someone who is 6'1" and weighs in at just shy of 200lbs. All through the flight there was a group of men at the bar, not being one bit quiet and considerate for other passengers throughout the whole duration of the overnight flight making it almost impossible to get any sleep. At no stage did the staff cut them off from the alcohol nor have a word about the noise levels even though several other passengers complained. As this was in Upper Class, you expected a little more respect for other other passengers but no-one seemed to care, and as everyone is probably more than aware, Virgin aren't exactly the cheapest. Having flown business class with Emirates, Delta and BA, and can honestly cay this was the worst experience I've had to date.
RouteATL to MAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"service needs to be better"

Travelling Virgin Atlantic to Las Vegas the food was okay, but not to the standard of 10 years ago. Travelling back from Vegas to London it was astonishingly bad. I got chicken pasta which was horrendous and tasteless. Also, only once was I offered an alcoholic beverage. Then for breakfast we had a cheese croissant that had been beaten to a pulp first before being handed out. It wasn't nice at all, the fruit and yogurt that the yogurt was tasteless and an insult to be handed. I also think that the service also needs to be better.
RouteLGW to LAS

"very disappointing"

(Hong Kong)

My wife and I was travelling with Virgin Atlantic back to Hong Kong from London Heathrow Airport on 30 October 2015 following our visit to the UK. After we landed at Hong Kong, we were waiting for our suitcases at the belt conveyor but at the end only one of them arrived. We were then told that the suitcase was still in somewhere at Heathrow. We had no choice but went home. We were then made waiting anxiously for several days, kept calling VS Hong Kong agent for update but in vain. The missing suitcase eventually returned home via arranged courier on eve of 3 November 2015. The inflight entertainment system on my wife's seat automatically switched off after every minute, right in the beginning of the journey. We then turned to flight attendant for help and she tried to help by resetting the system. However, the system went offline and unable to switch back on. She tried to arrange for seat changing but unsucceeded, so only solution was to give me an iPad as replacement. As a result, my wife have to stick with the iPad which can only be rested on the foldable dining tray. It was such an uncomfortable experience, especially when the passenger in front kept tilting her seat forward and backward. We found the cabin uncomfortable and the distance between our seats and the ones in front is so tight. Food quality is not up to standard, poor in general. Very disappointing indeed.
RouteLHR to HKG
Date FlownOctober 2015

"great service"

London Heathrow to Miami with Virgin Atlantic. Not being the biggest fan of this airline, I was surprised how they have grown up. The flight was on time - even arrived early. Great service, food, and plenty of drinks on offer during the flight. The inflight entertainment was great and the crew were happy too.
RouteLHR to MIA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I'd choose Delta over Virgin"

We flew Virgin Atlantic from London to San Francisco on the Boeing 747 but came back on the A330 from Atlanta, totally different experiences on these aircraft. We were late leaving the gate in Atlanta as we we're waiting on connecting Delta flights, not once were we informed by Virgin staff what was going on. Same for the pilots on both flights, I like hearing updates from the flight deck but on both flights we did not hear anything from them. The A330 had the hardest, most uncomfortable economy seat I have ever had the displeasure of sitting on. There was no support in the seat whatsoever. The IFE was marginally better than the 747 but all the same films and programs on the system, I don't understand why Virgin only put one episode of a television series on the system, very frustrating. Crew were reasonably attentive - no personality but reasonably efficient. As soon as dinner was served and the lights went out we did not see them until breakfast. I fly would Virgin again if the fare was right and I wasn't on the A330. The Delta connection flight we had from Orlando to Atlanta was much better and I'd choose Delta over Virgin any day.
AircraftA330-300