Virgin Atlantic

Review by (United Kingdom)

Spent over £1100 for a return flight to Vegas. Booked my window seat a week in advance as I suffer from claustrophobia and anxiety. When I got to the airport they decided to change my seat with no notice and sat me in a different row from my family. Then they wanted to put me on a later flight that was grounded from the previous day. Their aircraft was old and had not been updated. Staff were rude and refused to help. Had to endure 2 hour delay. Complained when I got back. They tried to fob me off with some vouchers that I will never use.
RouteLondon to Las Vegas

Review by (United Kingdom)

When checking in I was moved to the upper class queue by a member of ground crew in order to speed up the process. The lady at the upper class check in desk was extremely rude and felt the need to tell me that it was only check in for upper class but that she would make an exception. She made no apologies when I informed her that I had been asked to move. She then had great difficulty logging onto the computer anyway so I should have stayed in my economy queue. Once onboard I was pretty appealed by the customer service. Staff seemed overly friendly to some customers but frosty to the masses. Their uniform and general presentation was poor. The staff seemed far more interested in their own conversation than assisting passengers. I found this highly unprofessional. Even economy seats are expensive and all passengers should receive a good experience. I flew with Virgin 5 years ago to New York and since then I think their has been a marked decline. They could learn a lot from airlines that are similar on paper such as Emirates.
RouteLondon to Orlando

Review by (Italy)

Our bags were lost and we experienced terrible customer service. The flight was fine, decent entertaining, ok food. The staff onboard seemed more interested in chatting with each other than assisting customers. When landed we were approached by a Virgin rep and told our bags were still in London. They had already been tracked down and would be delivered to our address the following day. After four days of following up and receiving contradictory information, we decided to go back to the airport to pick up our bags (we were told they had arrived on a United flight) and we found out our bags never arrived. Nobody at Virgin Atlantic has taken ownership of our baggage loss claim and their customer service team in the UK has proved to be useless : they have no access to updated and accurate information and will not be able to assist you.
RouteLondon to San Francisco

Review by (United Kingdom)

I recently traveled on VS111 to JFK, this was not my first time in Upper class with Virgin. The food was cold, slow in coming and the crew, apart from 1 or 2, seemed to be more interested in the friends they had onboard than passengers comfort. The bar was dirty, bin overflowing, call bell never answered and dirty toilets. My TV sound not working. I was told all of this was because they were 2 crew down, but on going to premium economy and economy all seemed ok there. I have noticed a slow decline in Virgin upper class service but this last flight was dreadful. They refunded 25000 miles to my flying club membership. New upper class seat seems smaller and less private.
RouteLHR to JFK

Review by (Ghana)

I was supposed to fly from Dulles to London with BA, but because they were given a smaller aircraft a selected few from BA were put on a Virgin Atlantic flight. Check-in was superb and they were on time with boarding and take off. The plane was very comfortable and had more leg room. In-fight entertainment was really good, However, the in-flight food was terrible.
RouteDulles to London

Review by (Canada)

Best seats on the 747-400 in Upper Class has to be seats 12 and 14 at the front of the plane lower deck. Upper Class on the upper deck is shared with Economy class. Upper class service was excellent on both of our flights going to LHR from ATL on an A330-300 then coming back to the States via JFK on a 747-400. The 747-400 needs refurbishing however the A330-300 was state of the art brand new. The food and drink selections in Upper Class are far better than any other business class service that I have experienced on any other airline. The flight crew were constantly working helping passengers and making your bed. Love the pajamas, so comfortable for a long flight. The afternoon tea service on the LHR-JFK flight was delicious. I would recommend.
RouteLHR to JFK

Review by (Hong Kong)

We were really impressed with the service on our flights to and from our holiday. We've flown various airlines over the past couple of years with our two small children and the service from Virgin was by far the best. We particularly liked that the bassinet seat could be raised or laid flat and that the seat belts on it meant we weren't disturbed when there was turbulence and our baby could stay in it, unlike the majority of other airlines. The food wasn't the best but it is airline food after all. We had a newer plane on the return leg and the seats were very comfortable. Will be looking for Virgin Atlantic flights for our next holiday for sure.
RouteLondon to Hong Kong

Review by (United Kingdom)

First time I flew with this airline and the service was rubbish, it was so cramped, there were 10 of us. We all asked for chicken and were told there was none left. I have never experienced a poor service like this before.
RouteDubai to London Heathrow

Virgin Atlantic customer review

Review by (United States)

Did online check in and arrived at airport. Premium had their own baggage check lane, which was nice. I asked for a bulkhead to which they replied that they save those for the disabled or those with children (I was flying with my 23 month old). I laughed it off and decided I would ask the gate when it was time to board. At the gate I asked but once again got the same response. Boarding went well. When the plane was fully boarded, I realized both sides of the bulkhead were completely empty, so I begged the male flight attendant to allow me to switch seats. He greatly suggested I head straight towards the bulkhead I wanted and was confused to why they didn't give me it in the first place. Seats were comfortable, had a seat next to me, so we took advantage of that as well, arm rests do not go up, but I was prepared for this. Enjoyed the pre-flight bubbly and my daughter loved her juice. 30 minutes after take off we received our menu, as well as drink service, also given our amenity pack. My daughter got the kids meal as requested, and she got her meal first. Food was surprisingly very good. They collected our food trays and offered us our coffee, tea or after dinner drink. They put up a seat on the bulkhead for my daughter promptly, it was nice, with a 5 point harness and comfy. We had our own restrooms, and the traffic to bathroom wasn't bad at all. Service was quick, with a smile. At about 5 we were served breakfast, full English breakfast, coffee, tea. Was nice and edible as well. Given our customs card and everything was cleaned up.
AircraftAirbus A330-300
RouteAtlanta to LHR

Virgin Atlantic customer review

Review by (United States)

This flight was awful. The flat beds had to be operated by the stewardesses. One must get up for them to manually operate the and up again to manually raise them. In today's world this is ridiculous! I flew Delta with their push button flat beds and had to return on this awful Virgin Atlantic plane. Got no sleep. There was no internet, PA system and music was too loud. I was never allowed into their system to choose my own seat just randomly assigned. Delta customers are not treated well. I will never do this again, Delta. You have list me as a customer.
RouteManchester to Atlanta