Virgin Atlantic

"very nearly rude"

Not Verified | Atlanta to London. Check in staff at Atlanta need retraining in the art of customer service, they should be aware that without the customer there will be no job. When checking in I raised a query about the seat allocation and was told in no uncertain terms that I should sort out the problem with the other passengers on the aircraft when I got on board. So helpful and very nearly rude. There was no indication that the check in clerk was going to do anything to help as it all seemed to be too much trouble. As for the food on the flight, this left a lot to be desired. Virgin Atlantic need to sort this out as they will lose customers.
RouteAtlanta to London
Date FlownMay 2018

"not up to standard we are used to "

Not Verified | Manchester to Orlando. The pre boarding experience and check in were fine. We were seated at the rear of the aircraft in the centre aisle. On boarding the stewardess sent us down the wrong side of the aisle which was ok but the other passenger who sat in our row of four (there were three of us) commented straight away "your in the wrong seat" as we were just checking it didn't really matter at that stage because we hadn't even sat down but she was very rude. Great start. We have flown to Orlando eight times, seven of which have been with Virgin and this was probably the second worst flight we have been on. Nothing wrong with the aircraft or crew but I object to sitting in the dark for almost five hours, this was a daytime flight. I have never known the lights to be dimmed and all window blinds closed, I'm not sure if the blinds was a coincidence but dimming the lights on the plane certainly wasnt. it was impossible to read. If I had been sitting by a window the blind would have been left open. The food was fine, the entertainment was ok but I did have a problem with the touch screen not responding correctly. Landing at Orlando was a little bumpy and immigration was quick and easy. All in all not up to the standard we are used to with Virgin on the outward trip. We returned in Premium economy and that was excellent.
RouteManchester to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2018

"pleasure to fly with them"

Not Verified | Manchester to New York JFK. We would like to praise the aircrew on flight VS127, they were the best we have ever encountered. Nothing was too much trouble and they were smiley, pleasant and chatty. A pleasure to fly with them. We also enjoyed the food which was tasty and fulfilling thank you for making the start of our trip so enjoyable.
RouteManchester to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2018

"the worst flight I have been on"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience We were at first pleasantly surprised to be allocated premium economy seats with extra leg room . Our pleasure was very short lived. My seat wobbled constantly and I am sure upset the passenger behind. My armrest was broken and detached itself all through the flight. Both tv monitors did not work and the bracket for my wife’s monitor bracket continually fell to the floor and could only be operated if she held it. The flight ran out of alcoholic drinks after the first drink and were not available for the rest of the flight. On our second meal they had run out of everything other than the veggie option. In its self not a problem but sandwich was pretty well uneatable. Approximately at the same time the toilets on one side of the plane were taken out of use. For the last 2 hours No toilets were in action. We were later informed on the tannoy that “if we wanted to do numbers 1’s we would be ok”. The plane itself had seen better days. viewing out of the windows was impossible as they were badly scratched, and loud noiseswere apparent from the wheels when on the runway. The flight was the worst flight I have been on and particularly annoying as we had paid extra for a premium ecomy seat. The customer services section have offered very little and would like the case closed. No chance I suppose I’ve should be grateful for getting to our destination.
RouteGatwick to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the service is always warm"

Trip Verified | Flew Boston to London. Heathrow. I always like the service and vibe of Virgin Atlantic. It is the only flight originating from America other than SQ that I will take. No long queues and the service is always warm. At times I look forward to go into their lounge just to get into the spirit for a long flight. With the party music I feel I am in the bar with my drinks. A good way to start and end the travel.
RouteBoston to London

"staff are like robots"

Trip Verified | New York to London. Stick to BA. Just been told our flight is cancelled and now being thrown on a flight 3 hours later when you can still book flights earlier for same destination. Got a 2 year old at home who now can’t get to school in the morning as we are late arriving back. Virgin staff are like robots - miserable people who have no sympathy. Flown BA all our lives and thought we would try Virgin. What a mistake. Please avoid. Plane out was so old it has auxiliary audio input and outputs in the AV system.
RouteLondon to New York
Date FlownMay 2018

"separated us without notification"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London. Disgusted to find out that after spending my wife’s 40th birthday in Dubai that Virgin Atlantic have changed the plane and separated us without any prior notification! We paid an extra £110 for more leg room, so to keep us with the extra room they have now separated us to other sides of the plane when we booked seats together. After calling customer services to get this sorted out, they said and I quote “we can put you together but you will lose the extra leg room and the money you paid for this!
RouteDubai to London

"Their food is diverse"

Trip Verified | London to Cancun. Brilliant service. The seats are not that good. The amenities are also less (compared to a leading airline). Their food is diverse and very tasty. It is also very frequent - the food.
RouteLondon to Cancun
Date FlownApril 2018

"a right to have daylight"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London. The seats were so cramped my knee started to hurt. It was a day time flight and they control the windows and throughout the 9 hours we were sitting in the dark, when I asked I was very rudely told that because of entertainment. As a passenger we should have a right to have daylight. There was one meal served and when I asked for second drink glass of wine I was ignored.
RouteDelhi to London

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Atlanta. An awesome crew from Manchester, smiley friendly and helpful in every aspect.It was a full flight from Manchester and we were 2 hours delayed on the runway - however the crew were great.
RouteManchester to Atlanta