Virgin America

Review by (United States) 1st July 2015

No frills airline. Everything costs extra. No free checked luggage. All food and snacks cost money. Nickle and dime you to death. Little seats with little leg room. They or the connecting airline lost our luggage.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSFO to JFK

Review by (United States) 13th June 2015

I had a wonderful experience flying with Virgin America. The flight was very affordable and was on time. The staff were fun and friendly. I would definitely fly with them again. They had screens on the back of the seats and free videos to select. Very entertaining.

Review by (United States) 4th June 2015

Flew on 9 May BOS-LAX on VX 365 and return 21 May on VX 366 first time flying Main Cabin Select and it's well worth paying the extra to do so maybe next time I'll get lucky enough to fly First Class. Flying in MCS gets you complimentary meals and non-alcoholic drinks and the meals offered are miles ahead of what any other U.S. carrier would offer. Cabin crews courteous and efficient both ways though a big letdown was when I couldn't charge either my iPod or iPad in an e-mail I received from VX Customer Relations they stated that too many devices charging at the same time results in a drain to the onboard power it is something they're working on and I received compensation for that inconvenience. I definitely would fly with them again despite the issues as they at least give you something for your trouble rather than telling you to scram.

Review by (United States) 27th May 2015

My first time with Virgin Air SeaTac to LAX. Customer service before the flight and at check in at SeaTac was excellent but flight delayed both ways. Lap trays not clean. Armrest not cleaned. Leg room - poor. Person next to me asked to buy headphones - sorry none available. No room in overhead! Perhaps because of new $25 bag check in rule! Much boasting about the Virgin Air experience - but it was very average or below average.

Review by (Austria) 20th May 2015

VX 927 LAX-SFO. Uneventful on-time flight good service value for money but free checked baggage only max 14 kg.

Review by (United States) 22nd April 2015

Flew FLL to LAX earlier this month. We were flying back from a cruise. The flight was unfortunately delayed 90 minutes. Once on-board the pilot apologized sincerely and gave everyone unlimited movies through the in-flight entertainment system for their inconvenience. In a world where airlines strand passengers on the tarmac for 7 hours (United 4/18/15 with no apologies) its nice to know that at least one airline still cares for its customers. I am a loyal flyer!

Review by (United States) 14th April 2015

PDX to SFO 1st week April First Class cabin. Long-time VA customer with "gold" status. In short VA is looking a bit 'tired'. Service is inconsistent (eg like any organization most employees are good to great but the bad ones really stick out especially if they are 'experienced'). On this flight the seat was broken the food terrible and cabin service questionable. The plane interior is a bit tattered and worn from wear (ie soiled). Also the "mod" safety video is outdated (ie "can I have just the facts please") and it's a bit odd that alcohol is served at 7am in the morning. Thus this customer is starting to explore alternatives (which are best left unnamed in this post).
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (Bermuda) 19th March 2015

On 8th March I flew Virgin America in economy from SFO to LAS for $49.00 return. Was looking forward to the flight and it proved to be a positive experience. I was a bit put off by the loud rock music blaring by the check-in kiosk and a rather indifferent ground attendant herding people to and from the check-in area. I feel that airports are confusing and loud enough without the added distraction of loud music. I liked the mood lighting onboard and flight and crew very pleasant although the safety video was entertaining but to me a tad playful. The baggage charge of $25.00 was expected and on my return on the 10th of March I upgraded to First for $89.00 so the baggage fee was waived. The seats in First are very comfortable and pre-take off drinks were served by a very pleasant stewardess. Value for money on Virgin America on this trip was great and if you have checked baggage do the upgrade-it's well worth it.

Review by (United States) 17th March 2015

Feb 27 2015 from FLL to LAX. Crew were rude and annoyed if you spoke to them. It was the first time I flew that they didn't walk down the aisle to ask if anyone wanted to buy headsets. When I asked the steward about the headsets she was annoyed that I didn't purchase on the computer screen. I really didn't want to wait another hour and she basically threw them at me and said to pay for them when I got a chance. On my flight home March 9 2015 as I was boarding the steward told the boarding agent that there was no more room for luggage in overhead bins. I was not happy about giving up my bag as I had things in there that should not go in a checked bag. She was insistent. When I finally boarded the flight there were 3 or 4 empty compartments right where I was sitting. I asked for my bags to be brought back too late was the answer.

Review by (United States) 24th February 2015

I was sending 3 people out to Los Angeles for a job and the flight from JFK was cancelled with no reason given. it was a 7am flight and no other flights that day were cancelled. They had no seats available in later flights for me and no affiliations with other airlines so they said there was nothing they could do. I had to scramble at 9pm that night and spend 3 times as much to get them out to Los Angeles.
Seat Comfort N/A