top100_2016

Virgin America

"was cramped and uncomfortable"

Verified Review | I have enjoyed previous Virgin America flights and was looking forward to flying them from Seattle to Los Angeles. The plane was cramped and uncomfortable, and my seat didn't recline. No snacks on a 3 hour flight and 1 tiny cup of lukewarm coffee. Then a 20 min wait on the runway as our arrival gate was not available.
RouteSEA to LAX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"level of foresight was excellent"

Customer service to the max! On my return from a weekend in Las Vegas, I was exhausted and not that thrilled to be connecting red eye through LA to Boston, but so be it. So I was very pleasantly surprised when Virgin called me up to the gate to inform me that my flight was just delayed and I would miss my connection. So they had rebooked me on a JetBlue nonstop arriving earlier than my scheduled flight! The level of foresight was excellent, I hadn't even learned of the delay issue before they fixed it. And I got an exit row to boot. So my new favorite airline, Virgin America, is one I've still never flown! (Contrast this with my flight out to Vegas on American Airlines, which refused to let me fly standby to avoid a delayed flight, despite having plenty of open seats, because I didn't have 'status'. Thanks, American, for making me feel like a second class citizen even though your flight delay was causing my inconvenience.) I'll look to book with Virgin on my next flight, and hope to actually fly with them!
RouteLAS to BOS via LAX
Date FlownJune 2016

"seats are very comfortable"

Verified Review | A few months ago I traveled Virgin America premium economy and the service was terrible, I thought it was because I wasn't in first class. On my recent trip from Los Angeles to New York JFK I purchased first class tickets. The service was still very poor. I fell asleep and when I woke up later they did not offer anything to drink or eat. The seats are very comfortable though.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLAX to JFK
Date FlownApril 2016

"the worst customer service"

San Francisco to Las Vegas, and Virgin America has given me the worst customer service experience I have had with any airline. You would think that making seat assignments is such a small task in the airline business, but when you deal with Virgin America, they will leave you convinced that this is a very hard thing to do! First of all, when I booked my flights, their system didn't allow me to make seat assignments because "it was too early". I tried again one week before my flight but almost all of their seats were grayed out. I called them to make the seat assignments and waited about 20 minutes to talk to a rep. While waiting, the recorded message cautioned me that I am going to have to pay $20 for using the phone service. Then the rep verbally assigned me seats that were never reflected on their website. I called again to confirm and they said "it takes time for the seats to show". I went to the airport to find that those seats are not mine and was given seats in the very last row next to the bathrooms! On the way back, similar screw up has unfolded. Called to make my seat assignments and found myself going through the same hassle. The rep lacked integrity and kept changing his story to force me accept seats in the last row again. Then when I asked him to just not make any assignments at the time, he still went ahead and assigned those seats anyways.
RouteSFO to LAS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"the worst customer service"

Verified Review | This was by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Virgin America cancelled my flight due to crew issues and did not provide a new itinerary. Rather they sent an email asking me to rebook my flight within two months so as not to incur fees. I proceeded to call them and spent four hours on the phone to get on a new flight. They confirmed me on several flights, I raced from terminal to terminal (mind you I'm pregnant) but because the supervisor took so long to confirm each flight I missed three flights in a row. I could have accomplished what they were trying to do (rebooking me through a flight on Kayak) in 5 minutes. Because they did end up rebooking me on a flight (which instead of being direct, flew through Boston and added 4 hours to my trip) they are not giving me a reimbursement, even though the supervisor on the phone promised to do so. I have never been more disappointed in customer service and will not be travelling with them again.
RouteLAX to IAD
Date FlownMarch 2016

"I would fly them again"

New York JFK to Las Vegas with Virgin America. I originally booked a Main Cabin Select seat for some added comforts to start my trip to Vegas nice and relaxed. Since I had an early morning flight(and I go to sleep late) I decided to check-in 6hrs prior to try to get an upgrade to 1st Class. I got lucky and got the last seat (2A). Checked in at the desk inside with nice agents. Priority boarding was nice. I had time to put stuff away and settle in before the rush of the remaining passengers. I had a drink prior to take off offered by professional and friendly staff. A great seat - I asked what the buttons were for on the armrest and it was for the seat massager. I used that all the way to Vegas (it put me to sleep pretty good twice). The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the food. I don't know why they had to get "super fancy" with it. Some normal generic stuff would've been fine for me and others I noticed (too much fluff added to the food that turned me off). I got to Vegas totally relaxed and geared up to get my vacation started. I would fly them again.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJFK to LAS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service was really great"

Verified Review | What a contrast to American Airlines. I flew Virgin America on an early morning flight from Las Vegas to San Francisco. The aircraft was clean and well presented, the crew were happy to be there and the service was really great. I was dreading this flight as it was in economy, but the crew were so good and the whole experience so very much better that the American Airlines flights I took (in First Class). Clearly not all American carriers are the same. Well done Virgin America.
RouteLAS to SFO
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a great flight to remember"

La Guardia to Dallas Love Field. This was our first time flying on Virgin America. From the time we arrived at the gate until we got off the aircraft was a wonderful experience. The gate staff were very friendly and helpful. The cabin interior was amazing and the lighting gave a nice ambiance. The seats were cozy (even though we could not recline the seats due to being in front of the overwing hatches). Inflight entertainment was great, with plenty of viewing choices. The interior of the aircraft was very clean and well kept. Food choices were excellent and the staff treated us very nicel!! Kudos to all at Virgin America - you made this a great flight to remember!
RouteLGA to DAL

"staff very unhelpful"

Staff very unhelpful. Our flight was cancelled in san Francisco and the staff said nothing. We got off the plane and the young lady at the desk said if we were not first class we had to go out front and reschedule. Once we got out front we stood in line over a hour and the lady at that desk was unfriendly and gave us attitude from hell. I understand that it wasn't her fault but this airline has no communication skills whatsoever! At least keep the people in the loop. I am thankful and gracious for the meal they provided, but I would have preferred to be home a day earlier like I booked.
RouteLAS to IAD
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a great lower cost option"

Virgin America was a great airline to fly. The crew was helpful, the plane was clean and the seats were pretty comfortable for the 3 or so hour flight to Orlando. I really liked the plane, the interior decor was great and I really like how you can order food from your seat, and drinks are free! Just a great lower cost option to fly!
RouteLAX to MCO