Best Cabin Crew

Virgin America

"appreciate your help"

Virgin America customer service at Las Vegas check in counter is excellent. My husband and I tried to check in for returning to New York, not realizing our flight was a day ahead! A lady there kept the situation so cool and accommodate to rebook the flight for that day. On top of it, she somehow managed to cut our cost to zero. I have been traveling for many years yet, I have never experienced such curtesy and professional serives from any of the airlines. The Virgin America staff made us feel so safe and made her ways to clean up our mess. Virgin America - we really appreciate your help!!
RouteLAS to JFK

"a very good airline"

San Francisco to Los Angeles, this was an excellent flight on a very good airline. I like Virgin America with their modern, simplistic approach with a focus on the things that matter and not others which cost money. The plane was modern, clean and streamlined with intimate lighting for an early evening flight from SFO to LAX. The service was friendly appreciating that at this time most of the passengers just want to relax. I was very impressed with Virgin America and will fly with them again.
RouteSFO to LAX

"great customer service"

Great customer service. I flew on an almost full Virgin America flight from La Guardia to Dallas Ft Worth. The flight crew was very friendly and captain was communicative throughout. The Red entertainment system is usually great, but mine malfunctioned about 1 hour into the flight. The crew attempted to reset the system but it continued to malfunction. I was offered a seat change, but declined since it would have been a middle seat instead of my aisle. The lead crewmember cancelled my Red charges and upon landing, Virgin sent an email with Travel Bank for an upgrade on my next flight. I spoke with customer service about changing my seat on another flight and it was very easy to move. It is always so nice to talk to a friendly person on the phone who is equipped to solve problems.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLGA to DFW
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"airline unwilling to help"

Flew Virgin America in August 2015 from Las Vegas to New York via San Francisco. Virgin America changed flight at Vegas. Was assured that luggage would follow. It did not. It still has not been found. Filed claim for lost luggage. Items were paid for with cash and not keep receipts. Airline unwilling to help. Customer service tried to be helpful at the beginning, but once the case was escalated they became unresponsive and unprofessional. They are the ones who are punishing me even though I did nothing wrong. I trusted they would not lose the luggage.
RouteLAS to JFK via SFO
Date FlownAugust 2015

"have the best service"

Thank you Virgin America agents for everything and for your amazing service. My mom and dad who don't speak English at all were in a terrible situation of possibility to miss their connecting flight to Moscow if not for the Virgin America agents who helped them to collect their luggage and guide them through terminals! SFO to9 LAX Virgin America flight was delayed due to some mechanical problems and arrived at LAX 3 hours later than it was supposed to be. So they arrived at LAX an hour before their international flight to Moscow! I thought I was gonna die having to deal with all of that. I called Virgin America customer service and a very nice gentlemen sent a message to the plane crew that 2 passengers were running late to their next flight and need assistance! There are no words to explain how grateful I am for your help! Virgin America have the best service!
RouteSFO to LAX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

" my first and last experience"

I scheduled a Virgin America flight from San Diego to San Francisco the day before it was supposed to take off. The next day, 2.5 hours before my flight I got an email that said the entire flight was cancelled. I made the reservation only the night before - how could the entire flight be cancelled?! It was my first experience with Virgin American and also my last.
RouteSAN to SFO

"a wonderful flight"

Christmas Eve-Dallas Love to SFO. A fabulous experience! Movie, unique music playlist. Flight on time. Serene competent crew. Black rain clouds smooth landing. Virgin America my brand preference in the future. Thank you for a wonderful flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDallas Love to SFO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"would absolutely recommend"

I was flying with Virgin America today and I was impressed. The seat comfort was amazing. Being 6/7, flying is not always easy. However, VA had lots of space for my legs and seats felt like being made for my size. It felt very comfortable. Even the headrest was high enough (which did not happen to me yet and I am a frequent flyer). Neither Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines and others had this comfort. The entertainment system offered everything you wanted. Movies, music, games, food and drink orders. In general, the plane seemed very modern. When ordering a gin tonic (the 50ml gin bottle was told to cost 8$, which is a regular price for short haul flights) they offered me 2 for 1 bottles. Soda was free. As I bought my ticket via Skypicker and had a connection flight, I cannot tell how much the single flight was which makes it difficult to state anything about value for money. Ground service was very solid and friendly, no complaints. Cabin staff could have been a little bit more friendly. When I was asking for an emergency exit seat (one emergency exit row was kept empty as any passenger could upgrade their seat for $150, which I think is a lot, especially having that great seat comfort, which I did not know at that time), the cabin staff was not overly friendly, however, they have not been rude at any time. Altogether, I would absolutely recommend Virgin America, at least when they are using the plane I was flying in. Thank you Virgin America for this experience!
RouteDallas Love Field to Las Vegas
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the service was great"

Virgin America from Washington Dulles to San Francisco. The in-flight entertainment was good and cabin crew very friendly. The seat back monitors allowed you to order drinks right then and there. The drinks are free, and although the food is not, the prices are very reasonable. Seats are comfortable, as for leg room, I am only 5'8" so I don't really have problems with leg room, but from the looks of it, somebody of average height would have a good amount of leg room. The ground crew were nice and the check-in was smooth and fast. The only remotely negative things about Virgin America are that the remotes are a bit challenging to use (just me being picky) and that it is more expensive than most airlines for a transcontinental, domestic flight. With that being said though, you get what you pay for and the service was great!
AircraftA320-200
RouteIAD to SFO
Date FlownJanuary 2015

"will avoid flying with Virgin"

I purchased a round trip ticket from SFO to JFK. Due to some changes with my work schedule, I had to fly to Texas during the week of my flight and subsequently I planned to skip my initial flight from SFO-JFK and simply use my business return leg to get to JFK. I learned that if a first leg of a flight was not attended and no cancellation was issued within two hours the entire flight is cancelled with no notification being sent. As a result I was now stranded at JFK with no ticket. When calling the help line I learned they do not offer customer assistance on the weekend and I would be forced to buy a new flight. My original flight was full and a new one way flight home was going to cost over 800, almost 3x the original round trip ticket and there would be no comp of my original ticket value that was never used. The flight assistant provided no real options and pretty much told me good luck. Also, there would be a $50 booking fee since it was the weekend. Terrible experience and insane policy. Customer experience and support were awful and I will avoid flying with Virgin at all costs going forward.
RouteSFO to JFK