Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam Airlines customer review

3 adults had 4 flights in Business Class Melbourne SGN SGN Moscow Frankfurt SGN SGN Melbourne over September/October. Service on all flights excellent standout was crew on Frankfurt - SGN leg where staff addressed all by name over course of flight. IFE on all flights ok with good range of movies food plentiful and good quality wines good and water provided without request and often. Ground staff helpful in all instances - flights on time and cabins in good shape.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Returned from Hanoi on a very worn out B777. Food was passable. When we discovered that all 3 consoles in our row did not work we asked to move as there appeared to be lots of empty seats requested 2 seats together. The crew member said initially that this was not possible but then said that she had found a pair of seats. My husband went to look and by that time someone else had taken the seats another row with one person sprawled across three seats the flight was not full. Eventually the Consoles did work but not for most of the 12 hour flight when it did finally work I missed the last 45 minutes of a film as the crew collected the headphones. Waited for the loo for ages told a crew member that someone had been in there for a long time and hoped they were OK. Steward knocked on door no response so he opened it to discover it empty problem with a broken lock! I don't think it was used after that.

(Vietnam)

Flew SGN-HAN on a relatively old but well enough maintained B777. Food was pretty good and the FAs were pleasant. Flight left on time and luggage came out quickly. My only complaint is about the standard of food in the business class lounge. Otherwise very good.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

I flew SYD-SGN-HAN-SGN then REP-SGN-SYD and was pleasantly surprised by Vietnam Airlines. The planes on the long haul sections were fairly new and comfortable with good inflight entertainment systems. Planes on the short haul sections were older with no inflight entertainment. Service was good on all flights the planes were clean and the food ranged from good to very good.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew from London Gatwick to HCMC and from Hanoi to London Gatwick. On both journeys the inflight entertainment was broken leading to two very long and boring 12 hour flights. When we asked the air crew they reacted as if this was a constant problem and apologized that there was nothing they could do. That apart the food was a decent standard the staff were very friendly legroom was adequate but not ideal (6ft Male). The aircraft were very dated B777 with lots of broken consoles seats and even components held together with duct tape. We would use them again but only if there was no alternative.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Absolutely terrible service over 48hr delay in Gatwick with little to no information provided on when/how we would get to fly to our destination. Missed a 3 day stop over in Ho Chi Minh because of this delay and the service by staff was extremely disappointing. No benefits offered when we did finally get on a new flight lots of incorrect flight information provided and generally treated disgracefully by the airline. I was not provided with a Gluten Free meal which I requested (and require for health reasons) and we had broken entertainment systems for the 12hr leg of our journey. I would not recommend flying Vietnam Airlines.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew from London Gatwick to Hanoi to Saigon to HUE to Nha Trang and back to Saigon and back home and I would say that Vietnam airline is a good airline if you want a cheap flight to Southeast Asia. Staff are friendly and the food is at a good standard. Seat comfort is what you would expect for economy. Entertainment is okay but on the first flight the entertainment broke so had to entertain myself for 12 hours but overall if you want a cheap flight to Southeast Asia then I would recommend Vietnam Airlines.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew Melbourne to Paris return in business class. Extremely mediocre food and service on all legs bar the Paris back to Hanoi flight where they attempted to offer you your next course only once you had finished eating the one before. On all other flights the trays were presented in their entirety with offers of a first glass of wine along with tea or coffee - this on an 11 hour daytime flight. Still the cost was cheap and much lower than other airlines. It still wouldn't convince me to travel again with Vietnam as on every sector my arm rest was held together with duct tape on one flight part of the overhead panels were also being held together with duct tape and on the 2 different aircraft's I flew on the seats were uncomfortable. The foot rests only raised off the ground marginally so even when the seat back was in full recline your body is at a crazy angle - not conducive for sleeping. One positive note - ground staff in Hanoi and HCMC (Saigon) were first class.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

We booked our flight in April to fly direct from Gatwick to HCM. The inflight entertainment was hit and miss - I'd say about 50% on the back seat screens probably had some sort of problem. Food on the flight out was better than the return and the staff although polite on the way out were friendlier on our return. The seats and leg room were what you would expect from economy class. Both of our flights left and arrived on time. My only real gripe with VA is that nowhere through the online booking process did it state that we needed a visa for Vietnam. Having looked again at their site it is still very unclear.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

SYD-SGN-SYD. Really nice flights. The food was fairly good but some meals were just plain. The seats were fairly wide and had a larger than usual amount of leg-space which I appreciated. Unlike some other airlines the seats didn't make me fidget or get up as often as others and they were quite comfortable to sleep in for economy. Overall a great airline to fly to SE Asia.