US Airways

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

This airline is extremely inefficient and ineffective. Out of four flights taken in the last 3 days, only one was on time. The others were delayed by an hour or more. For one of them, online it said our plane was arriving from Chicago, the phone representative said it was coming from Los Angeles, and the gate attendant said it arrived from Montego Bay. It was delayed over an hour. Our plane from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach on June 29th at on the runway for an hour before turning back to the gate to replace a radio. Overall an extreme disappointment. I do not intend to fly this airline again nor recommend it.
RouteMyrtle Beach to Newark via Charlotte

Review by (United States) 1st July 2015

I'm currently stuck on my flight while writing this review. I've been sitting here in these rather uncomfortable seats for 1.5 hours because they need to get some paperwork signed for maintenance? That's not a good enough reason for me. Why is it not getting done? Obviously passengers are not a priority for this airline. To add, we were about to take off but we had to return to the gate because their maintenance crew didn't fully check everything. You think they'd do it right the first time.
RoutePhoenix to Minneapolis

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I have flown with US Airways several times and each experience has been a nightmare! Every trip has had a flight delay by an hour or more. Customer service is always rude and no one cares to help you or help make your travels easier! I try to avoid flying with them as much as possible unless I know I have no choice. I recently traveled to PHX from Charlotte and they delayed my flight for over an hour because of a "Maintenance" issue. It's a nightmare and I will no longer choose to travel with US. Horrible service and constant delays!
RouteCharlotte to Phoenix

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I've flown US Airways many times and it always seems like there's some sort of problem. Delays, cancellations, overbooking etc have made it so there's always some issue when I fly with them. A couple of weeks ago, a flight was canceled for some unknown reason and I had to fly into a city that was two hours away from my destination instead of having to wait in the airport overnight for the next flight. For the latest example, my brother and I were flying out of NC and were told by the ticket agent that there were no seats left for us nor another person trying to fly to Charlotte. It's frustrating to be kicked off a flight that was so overbooked and there was no apology or compensation.
RouteEWN to PWM via CLT

Review by (United States) 26th June 2015

I do not blame airlines for the bad weather on June 23rd. Flights were cancelled on the East Coast. However, I found the cabin staff very unfriendly and refusing to help. Due to reconnections because of the storm I boarded a flight from Hartford to Boston via Philadelphia. I arrived in Philadelphia late due to weather and then went to the gate to load connection to Boston. The guy taking tickets actually yelled at me for being late! Finally boarded plane and was looking for a place to put my overhead bag. There was a stewardess standing at the back of the plane and a steward standing in front. Neither one offered any assistance so I asked for help to locate a place to put my bag. I was told to just keep looking! Finally a young lady got up and moved her laptop so I could place my bag in the overhead. While struggling to lift my bag a gentleman sitting in a seat got up and helped me. Meanwhile the steward and stewardess were still standing in their spots! When I sat down the steward told people to put away their computers. A man sitting across from me started putting his away when the steward came back yelling at him because his was not putting his away fast enough! I understand that everyone was under stress but that is no reason to treat people rudely! Especially paying customers!
RouteHartford to Anchorage via BOS

Review by (Canada) 24th June 2015

On my way back to Canada, I chose to fly US Airways since I made a last minute booking and didnt feel like paying a full Y class fare on Air Canada. I usually fly Air Canada and Star Alliance Partners, so I chose US Airways based on them being a former partner. I was surprised, comparing the flight to Canadian airlines such as Air Canada and Westjet. The Seats were not at all what I would have expected, there was no IFE system on A319 or CRJ, but that was expected on the CRJ. Cabin Crew was very nice and pleasent. There was a complimentary Beverage service and a la carte snacks, However I found $4 US for a small pack of Pringles and $7US for a Tiny Bottle of Heineken a little steep. Seeing as this was a Domestic flight, I would understand the lack of IFE. There weren't any onboard power outlets on any aircraft. My Laptop died halfway through my flight to Philly. Safety Briefing was done by the flight crew but it seemed that they were tired of doing it. Not many were paying attention and I believe a safety video would be more effective. For the value of what I paid for, I'd say it was very much worth it.
AircraftA319 / CRJ-200
RouteMSP to YUL via PHL

Review by (Malaysia) 22nd June 2015

Arrived on Qatar Airways into Philadelphia from Doha and went on to BWI on a code share flight with US airways express. Short 30 minute flight but all went well. Small plane but surprisingly comfortable. Overhead storage was limited. One flight attendant who managed to serve about 25 people soft drinks. No complaints and the flight was on time
AircraftDash 100
RoutePhiladelphia to Baltimore

Review by (United States) 21st June 2015

With a weather forecast of thunderstorms at the time of my departure, I went to the airport four hours early to get on an earlier flight in order to make a tight connection. Despite the fact that there were open seats on the earlier flight I was not permitted to change flights. As predicted, the thunderstorms arrived, delaying my flight 1.5 hours, forcing me to miss my connection. As a result, I had to stay in a hotel at my own expense and get up at 4am to get to the airport for my new flight. When I got to the airport it was buzzing with stranded travelers waiting to check in. The US Airways kiosks were useless because they only accept boarding passes. It was chaos. I was barely able to make my flight. I hope to never fly on Eastern/US Airways or to flight through Charlotte, North Carolina ever again.
RouteNew Bern, North Carolina to Moline, Illinois via Chicago, Illinois

Review by (Germany) 20th June 2015

Ground staff in MUC was ok. Aircraft MUC-PHL was an A330-200, clean, nice leather seats. IFE was very good. Catering for Y class also excellent. Crew lacked happiness, rarely smiled but did their job. Flight touched down in PHL 3 minutes ahead of ETA given by crew on take off. PHL-CLT on A330-300. Aircraft showed its age, but crew was very friendly.
RouteMUC to CLT via PHL

Review by (Ireland) 18th June 2015

Price was the main reason I had booked this trip with US and based on the majority of the reviews I was not looking forward to the experience. How wrong could I have been. Boarded the 5 year old aircraft, an A330-200, on time and in an organised manner. Within 30 minutes crew came through with a drinks run. Wine and soft drinks free, with a fee for spirits. Lunch followed and was very tasty. Small salad, main chicken dish with a nice desert. Nothing spectacular but very edible for airplane food. The crew, all but one, seemed happy and cheerful and interacted with the passengers as they came through the cabin. They came through the cabin with another juice and water run about an hour later and after that we got an expected treat of chocolate ice cream. About an hour before landing in Charlotte we were given a tasty paninni snack and cupcake with an offer of another drink or tea or coffee. The entertainment system worked well and had a good choice of movies. I honestly could not fault these guys with the way they delivered the service and how they made an 8 hour flight fly by!
AircraftA330-200