US Airways

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

Here are the basics: flight delayed twice, no sign change put up at the gate, over 100 people waiting in line for over and hour, since the sign said it was boarding the entire time with no announcement. 25 People waiting in line to book a new connecting flight since the now delayed flight (which we had to figure out on our own) would make everyone miss their connection, we are not spoken to, rather told to board the plane with a "50/50 shot you could rebook your connection in Dallas." Get to Dallas, no flights until the next day, and we have to pay for our hotel room? What a wonderful way to end my vacation. Never again will my money go towards this airline or their partners.
RouteOrlando to Albuquerque via Dallas

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

We're flying US Airways for the second time in two weeks and I'm not impressed! Both times the flight from Phoenix to Tampa was delayed due to maintenance issues. Are the planes in that bad shape or is there something else going on such as scheduling difficulties? It would be easier to take if the employees were a little more accommodating and apologetic instead of downright rude.
RoutePhoenix to Tampa

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Our travel on Monday, June 8, 2015 on flight #444 from Cabo San Lucas to Phoenix, Arizona with connecting flight of #422 to Omaha, Nebraska same day. As we were waiting for our flight in Cabo, the gate numbers were changed four times, everyone seemed confused and no information was given to passengers other than it had been delayed and moved. Finally the plane left about 45 minutes late due to maintenance problems. No information was given to us that we would not make our connecting flight to Omaha. No information was given on the plane. No information was given when we disembarked and headed for Customs. No information given that the gate of our connecting flight had been changed. We were uninformed of any changes! We ran to our gate of B26 for flight #422, we made it and found no one there. We finally found a monitor and found that it had just been changed to A6 at the opposite side of the airport. As we ran (I had paid $50 for priority boarding because I had a knee injury…and was running the injured knee) we made it to the gate – the door was still open and personnel were standing at the gate. We all (9 others) were glad to have made our flight. We were told 1) that there were no empty seats. 2) we were too late and it was our fault. 3) then after pressuring the attendant, she found that our seats had been given to other people and that we had been put on another flight #462 to Dallas and then #5675 to Omaha the following day. Staff were rude and unhelpful.
RouteCabo San Lucas, MX to Omaha, NE

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

This airline is extremely inefficient and ineffective. Out of four flights taken in the last 3 days, only one was on time. The others were delayed by an hour or more. For one of them, online it said our plane was arriving from Chicago, the phone representative said it was coming from Los Angeles, and the gate attendant said it arrived from Montego Bay. It was delayed over an hour. Our plane from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach on June 29th at on the runway for an hour before turning back to the gate to replace a radio. Overall an extreme disappointment. I do not intend to fly this airline again nor recommend it.
RouteMyrtle Beach to Newark via Charlotte

Review by (United States) 1st July 2015

I'm currently stuck on my flight while writing this review. I've been sitting here in these rather uncomfortable seats for 1.5 hours because they need to get some paperwork signed for maintenance? That's not a good enough reason for me. Why is it not getting done? Obviously passengers are not a priority for this airline. To add, we were about to take off but we had to return to the gate because their maintenance crew didn't fully check everything. You think they'd do it right the first time.
RoutePhoenix to Minneapolis

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I have flown with US Airways several times and each experience has been a nightmare! Every trip has had a flight delay by an hour or more. Customer service is always rude and no one cares to help you or help make your travels easier! I try to avoid flying with them as much as possible unless I know I have no choice. I recently traveled to PHX from Charlotte and they delayed my flight for over an hour because of a "Maintenance" issue. It's a nightmare and I will no longer choose to travel with US. Horrible service and constant delays!
RouteCharlotte to Phoenix

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I've flown US Airways many times and it always seems like there's some sort of problem. Delays, cancellations, overbooking etc have made it so there's always some issue when I fly with them. A couple of weeks ago, a flight was canceled for some unknown reason and I had to fly into a city that was two hours away from my destination instead of having to wait in the airport overnight for the next flight. For the latest example, my brother and I were flying out of NC and were told by the ticket agent that there were no seats left for us nor another person trying to fly to Charlotte. It's frustrating to be kicked off a flight that was so overbooked and there was no apology or compensation.
RouteEWN to PWM via CLT

Review by (United States) 26th June 2015

I do not blame airlines for the bad weather on June 23rd. Flights were cancelled on the East Coast. However, I found the cabin staff very unfriendly and refusing to help. Due to reconnections because of the storm I boarded a flight from Hartford to Boston via Philadelphia. I arrived in Philadelphia late due to weather and then went to the gate to load connection to Boston. The guy taking tickets actually yelled at me for being late! Finally boarded plane and was looking for a place to put my overhead bag. There was a stewardess standing at the back of the plane and a steward standing in front. Neither one offered any assistance so I asked for help to locate a place to put my bag. I was told to just keep looking! Finally a young lady got up and moved her laptop so I could place my bag in the overhead. While struggling to lift my bag a gentleman sitting in a seat got up and helped me. Meanwhile the steward and stewardess were still standing in their spots! When I sat down the steward told people to put away their computers. A man sitting across from me started putting his away when the steward came back yelling at him because his was not putting his away fast enough! I understand that everyone was under stress but that is no reason to treat people rudely! Especially paying customers!
RouteHartford to Anchorage via BOS

Review by (Canada) 24th June 2015

On my way back to Canada, I chose to fly US Airways since I made a last minute booking and didnt feel like paying a full Y class fare on Air Canada. I usually fly Air Canada and Star Alliance Partners, so I chose US Airways based on them being a former partner. I was surprised, comparing the flight to Canadian airlines such as Air Canada and Westjet. The Seats were not at all what I would have expected, there was no IFE system on A319 or CRJ, but that was expected on the CRJ. Cabin Crew was very nice and pleasent. There was a complimentary Beverage service and a la carte snacks, However I found $4 US for a small pack of Pringles and $7US for a Tiny Bottle of Heineken a little steep. Seeing as this was a Domestic flight, I would understand the lack of IFE. There weren't any onboard power outlets on any aircraft. My Laptop died halfway through my flight to Philly. Safety Briefing was done by the flight crew but it seemed that they were tired of doing it. Not many were paying attention and I believe a safety video would be more effective. For the value of what I paid for, I'd say it was very much worth it.
AircraftA319 / CRJ-200
RouteMSP to YUL via PHL

Review by (Malaysia) 22nd June 2015

Arrived on Qatar Airways into Philadelphia from Doha and went on to BWI on a code share flight with US airways express. Short 30 minute flight but all went well. Small plane but surprisingly comfortable. Overhead storage was limited. One flight attendant who managed to serve about 25 people soft drinks. No complaints and the flight was on time
AircraftDash 100