United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

On return flight to Denver plane waits for 15 minutes at DIA as ground crew is on break and between shifts even though docking space is open and available for our plane. The one checked bag I had on a direct flight from Calgary did not make the plane even though I arrived for check in at Calgary in plenty of time. As this was a small United plane it was oversold. With so many carry ons checked in below I and multiple other passengers had their luggage shifted to another plane. After waiting at the baggage carousel for 30 plus minutes all 3 lost baggage claim stations at DIA were unattended on a Sunday afternoon for over 30 minutes. When staff finally sashayed out the baggage reps stood for several minutes behind their computers talking to no one. The last 6 United flights in the past year that I and my family have taken have all resulted in some form of delays lost luggage or rude staff. I did not receive my luggage until 50 hours after my flight landed.

United Airlines customer review

Flew SLC to ORD then ORD to DCA both flights were great. The crew on both were very friendly and professional. We arrived early on both flights. I was in economy plus so plenty of leg room. Direct tv was available on ORD to DCA leg. I have flown a few of the discount airlines lately and was reminded how nice it is to fly United. Great trip!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

Travelled to Mexico with a family of 5. United changed our flight to Mexico at the last minute causing our arrival to be over an hour later almost negating our travel to our resort. The morning of our return I received email confirmation indicating that our connecting flight from Newark to Syracuse was cancelled. During several hours of trying to reach them and receive a new flight to get home we were finally told that we would have to stay in Newark until the next available flight. Our flight from Cancun to Newark we wanted the inflight entertainment and wanted to pay for 3 screens. Between the armrest functions not working or the unit not recognizing cards we were only able to get one screen to work. My seat was actually broken and kept reclining back on its own. When we arrived in Newark on Wed March 12 2014 we were advised that we would be able to come to that airport to standby over the next few days in order to get one or two out at a time. We are a family of 5 with two daughters. We then were told that we could fly out on the 17th of March 5 nights later at our own expense. The cancellation 13 hours before was apparently for weather but when we landed the weather was a little bit of rain. We ended up renting a vehicle one way to Syracuse from National and a 4 hour drive later we were in Syracuse. I have flown United before without issue and were extremely disappointed with the airline on this trip. I will not be flying United next vacation that is for sure.

United Airlines customer review

Flew VIE-FRA-IAD on 5 Jan 14 all economy. First leg was on LH1237 on a A321 second leg UA933 on a B777. Was prepared for a steerage experience on UA but felt the economy seat was surprisingly comfortable and the dinner ok as well. However there was a charge for wine/beer on this international flight of 9 hrs. I contrast this with the LH flight from VIE: complimentary sandwich and complementary wine/beer on a 90 min. flight! Try getting that on a US domestic flight!

United Airlines customer review

YQB-ORD on 13 March. One reason for such low rankings is that I never actually ended up on a UA plane. Scheduled to fly out on the non-stop from Quebec City to O'Hare at 8am. The day before UA emails me that the flight is cancelled and they put me on a flight at 11.50am via EWR. Nope - not on United. Online showed the plane from EWR on-time into YQB but it never landed. Around 11.30 am the departure board shows a 3 hour delay for departure. There is not a single UA rep at the gate - and no one ever shows up to tell people what is going on. The pilots and flight attendant who are to work the trip to EWR didn't have any idea and were embarrassed that one heard it was a mechanical problem while the other heard it was weather. Every other airline into YQB was operating on-time or with 10-15 min delays due to snow in Quebec - all but United. I spent over an hour on the phone with my corporate travel trying to get on another flight - the first United agent wouldn't help my travel agent so she called back and got someone else willing to help. I ended up on Air Canada to YUL and then to ORD. Air Canada was fantastic! United - what is wrong with you? I never say never but unless it is mandated I fly on UA I won't do it. I was Platinum with them last year and Gold this year but I'll stick with American or Air Canada.

United Airlines customer review

I flew to Nashville via a connection in Houston. The first flight a 60 seater was overbooked by 7! The gate agent was totally overwhelmed. When I said I might "volunteer" to give up my seat she asked what the code for Nashville is. Agent came on and off the plane a dozen times before we finally left 15 minutes late. Return flight from Nashville to Houston was cancelled and the robot computer rebooked my for 5.40am the next morning. All flights on original travel date were overbooked. Got to Nashville Airport and half of UA's Expressjet flights were cancelled or delayed. Every gate had the wrong flight posted and they reshuffled right before departure. Aircraft taxied for 15 minutes then sat on the runway for 20 minutes. Not one word from the cockpit. Upon arrival in Houston we sat for 10 minutes until someone showed up to pull up the boarding bridge.

United Airlines customer review

We had a connecting flight from Chicago to Montreal at 7.30pm and boarding time was at 7.00pm. Got to the airport 2 hours before our flight and decided to get a bite to eat in the terminal but first we checked the screens and our flight was on time. Left the restaurant 30 mins before boarding when we go to the flight screens we had seen that it said cancelled we did not understand why? Told that the crew had not shown up and that there were no other flights available meaning we were stuck in Chicago until the next morning. 5am wake up to catch the new flight they had scheduled us on. Got to the agent at our gate and saw the agents panicking told it would take 30 minutes to get the problem sorted. To top it off my father booked a first class seat the plane did not have a first class so he asked for an exit row seat however they wanted to charge him almost 40$ when he had already had a first class seat to begin with.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Booked a flight in December 2013 for a trip to Palm Springs in March 2014 - at that time had seat assignment - little did I know that booking in advance does not guarantee you a seat on the flight - they over booked the flight and I was bumped off my 7 am flight and spent 15 hours in San Fran airport compliments of United Airlines. Waited all day to get on a standby flight (7 that went through that day all over booked) - would have been bumped from the 11 pm flight they rescheduled me on (after bumping me in the am) had I not checked to make sure I was "guaranteed" on the flight. Make sure that when you check in your ticket has a seat assignment - if it says "see agent" make sure you go early and hopefully get it taken care off - What a terrible disregard for peoples time from United. Feel bad for the ticket agents who I watched all day get yelled at by others who were bumped unwillingly!

United Airlines customer review

Possibly the worst airline to fly internationally. Such a shame compared to other European and Asian airlines. Traveled on the ORD-MUN. Flight was delayed due to leakage in cargo. Apparently they found it after every one boarded the plane. Planes are ageing. Entertainment system kept rebooting automatically. Each reboot taking 5 minutes. Service was pathetic. FA's never tried to help. Beverage rounds were few and in between. Overall has been a very bad experience whenever I have flown United. Avoid it like plague.

United Airlines customer review

I am forced to fly by United Airlines from were I live because they are the only airline at my local airport. I haven't flown them on an international flight since the late 90's. It was a bad experience then my latest trip was even worse. If you're looking for bad seats bad meals people who hate their jobs then this is your airline. They charged me an extra fee of $100 (USD) for my extra check in bag. I had to pay high prices for any drinks with alcohol on an International flight. They flew us home (9 hour transpacific flight from Tokyo) with a fixed cabin TV screen. No power outlet for electronics and flight attendants that made you afraid to ask for a drink of water.