United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

GVA-IAD. United needs to update its fleet flying to Europe. It is incredible the type of screens they have (a bit bigger than a smartphone). How will they ever compete with other airlines? Sadly nothing special.

United Airlines customer review

Travelled LHR to SFO - flight fairly full food good and seat plus fine. SFO to EWR - ordinary seat ok snack tasty no problems. Later EWR to LHR again food fine and snack quite acceptable. We had no problems on 3 flights - only thing to complain about having to pay for t.v from SFO to EWR.

(Sweden)

Flew Oct 6th LAS-ORD on an ancient B-757. Like a trip back in history albeit not a good one! No idea why United still flies these ancient planes with pretty much original interior from the 80's. Chose Premium economy as it was 35h flight 79$ for this was just a scam pretty much. Got 5 extra inches leg room and that's it. Would have been nice with at least a free sandwich or whatever. Guess US carriers are still years behind European and Asian one's. Why not just call it what it is extra leg room seats? Spent 3h playing on the phone as United appears to address their customers as idiots as this was a morning flight with mostly business passengers yet still playing a cartoon movie on the overhead monitors. Talk about missing your target. Several items on the menu also ran out was sitting on row 2 so guess they just dont care to stock up on items guess what United that's another way to miss income from your passengers. Am a Star Alliance Gold member and will never choose United again as my first choice alternative in the states.

United Airlines customer review

Manchester to New York before flying to Las Vegas - all flights with United. Staff were terrible. They were completely uninterested in any one of the passengers and we we're treated as a huge inconvenience. The food was horrendous. When we flew from New York to Vegas things got even worse - we had a 5-hour flight with no entertainment. If we wanted something to eat or drink they wanted paying for it and the prices were ridiculous - the free tea coffee or juice were disgusting so we stayed away from them for the entire flight. Again the crew were abysmal to say the least. We will never fly with United again. We have travelled a lot of long haul in the last ten years and I have never experienced anything as shoddy as United - what a start to the holiday you spend forever saving up for.

United Airlines customer review

Travelled on a connecting flight from Toronto to Houston TX en route to Rio de Janeiro. Flight from Toronto was inexplicably delayed. Upon arrival in Houston taxied to the gate only to find another plane at the assigned gate. Had to re-taxi to another gate arriving 5 minutes before scheduled departure to Rio de Janeiro. In spite of pleas from more than half the passengers regarding connecting flights flight attendants stated it was out of their control to deal with. Upon deplanning the Customer Service representative appeared over-whelmed with the situation and was of no assistance other than to direct all connecting passengers to the Customer Service Desk in Concourse C. The representative at the desk was of little assistance other than booking us on the next evening flight with non-adjacent seat assignments. Was not provided with the Premier Boarding package that I had booked and paid for in advance. We were told that we would not have access to our luggage and we were offered accommodations at a sub-par hotel chain which we declined. Also offered two $7 meal vouchers for a 24 hour period (which I also declined). Upon arrival the next evening gate staff were less than courteous. Certainly such delays occur when flying however the issue of not holding connecting flights when some 40 passengers are affected is not acceptable. This is especially true when arriving at or very near the scheduled departure time of the connecting flights and considering that such connection times are offered by the airline. Enhanced public relations by United staff would also go a long way in appeasing disgruntled passengers. That being said the regional jet from Toronto to Houston was new and very roomy. The premium economy seats on the B777 was also comfortable.

United Airlines customer review

Friday 26 Sep 2014 my wife and I went to BTV for what we thought were two legs of a flight on United Airlines that would get us into SFO at 12.40 PT. We actually arrived at approximately 02.30 PT on Saturday about 14 hours late. Part of the delay was caused by someone starting a fire in the FAA control tower at ORD. I have no complaints with United about that. My complaint with United is its total lack of communication on that Friday and on the return the following Friday. On the first leg from BTV to ORD United kept telling us we had to wait an hour. We could not leave we had to sit there with no information hour by hour from 07.00 to 16.00. The only thing we were told was our connections would be okay because they could not fly either. United even put us on the plane and pulled away from the gate at about 12.30. Then they brought us back to the gate and had us deplane and wait some more. Finally we left at about 16.00 and got to ORD expecting to get on the flight to SFO we were told was waiting. Imagine our surprise and anger to find the flight had left hours before. We were told we would have to stay the night in Chicago at our expense and leave in the morning! When I asked what about getting on the SFO flight the customer service person said it was fully booked and had a wait list. When I pushed the agent did put us on the wait list. One piece of luck we got on the plane. It was late enough that other people did not show. We spent the week in SFO and went to the airport in plenty of time. We had checked in for the return flight when we checked in for the outbound flight online. We went to the kiosk to check-in and there was no reservation. The agent at SFO was able to get us on the plane somehow so we relaxed again almost as much as we were when we went to the airport. Then she hit us with an unwarranted baggage charge. It was unwarranted because we used a United MileagePlus card for the flight. Despite realizing we had not been charged for the bags on the way out to SFO she would not believe us they should not be charged for. When we got to ORD we discovered our flight to BTV was not our originally scheduled 3 hour layover but an 8 hour layover. Again there was no communication from the SFO agent to us about changing our second leg it was just done. After a lot of talking we got onto our originally scheduled flight and got home on schedule.

United Airlines customer review

We had a great experience with United Airlines on our return flight from Ottawa (Canada) to Phoenix connecting through Chicago O'Hare. Our flight to Phoenix was smooth and on time. The only thing missing was inflight entertainment. Our return flight was complicated by the fact that a disgruntled employee set a fire to a centre governing the flights through both Chicago airports on the Friday before our Sunday departure. We called the United 1-800 number and got through to an agent quite quickly. She was extremely helpful and could not find us an alternate flight with United so arranged for us to take a flight from Phoenix to Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Ottawa with US airways. We departed and arrived at a very similar flight to our original flight with United. This was the best service that I have ever received in a difficult situation like this. We had a very tight connection on the way back and our baggage arrived on the flight with us. Good job United!

(Austria)

FRA-IAD and next morning IAD-MIA in business. FRA-IAD flight had to return to gate to get some loose freight container fixed so plane left with 2 hour delay. Otherwise flight was fine. Seats were reasonably comfortable entertainment OK. The inflight service was excellent with a delicious menu and very attentive flight attendants who regularly walked around with drinks and snacks. Baggage delivery at IAD was very fast. Domestic connection next morning also fine. Friendly and efficient check-in. Seats were comfortable and flight left on time. On the domestic leg they served drinks and a warm cookie. Baggage delivery on arrival reasonably quick.

United Airlines customer review

I recently traveled from Arkansas where I was visiting my family back to Honolulu HI where I am currently stationed in the US Air Force. On the last flight as I was boarding I was informed that my seat had been moved. When booking the flight I paid extra to have an exit row aisle seat because I have bad knees and needed the extra leg room. I was instead placed in the middle seat of a non exit row. The staff made no explanation regarding my seat change did not offer their apologies and did not seem to have any concern over the money I had lost paying for a seat that I did not end up having. I am extremely frustrated with this service and will encourage all of my friends to fly with a different airline. This kind of treatment is unacceptable.

United Airlines customer review

First class sure isn't what it used to be. On a round trip from Dulles to Vegas both times they ran out of cereal before they took my breakfast order so all they had to offer were some nasty eggs broccoli casserole and dried out croissants. Apparently they only stock enough cereal for 1/2 of first class? Really? For a $1378 ticket I want my freaking cereal not food poisoning. The clincher was that they charge first class passengers for wi-fi access. They should be ashamed. Only a half notch above economy if that much.
Cabin FlownFirst Class