United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Milwaukee to Los Angeles March 16 2014 returned March 19 2014. Flight 5165. Flight 1273 missed this flight due to the above one being late next flight UA729. Return flight 1498 delayed and missed connecting flight 5438 rebooked to flight UA5425. Late flights and rude service. My flight leaving was late and missed connecting flight. On the return home my flight leaving and connecting flights were late. Flight attendant stands in aisle talking while we try to get off plane to make connecting flights. Captain had asked everyone to be seated unless you have a connecting flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

I booked a return trip to Las Vegas via Dublin. On the return trip the seat in front of me was an emergency exit. The seat itself appeared to be broken when the passenger in this seat put the seat in the rest position the seat reclined back so far that the space left to me was extremely confined. When I asked the cabin crew if I was obliged to have this person sitting "on top" of me she stated he was allowed to put his seat back. As a result I sat for 6 hours approx with no reasonable space in front of me. I got no food as there was no room to let down my food tray.

United Airlines customer review

Absolutely the worst flight. Both trips were delayed for aircraft mechanical issues. 3 hrs on the way there 4 hrs on the way back. I've never really liked United but we still fly because we were avid Continental flyers for years. I will make it a personal goal to avoid United as an airline for any future flights I have. The price was ridiculous and the service and crew were mediocre at best. I thought United had newer aircraft fleet. Then why are two flights delayed because of mechanical issues? I would never recommend flying United.

United Airlines customer review

Both coming from and going to our destination the check in staff were very rude and difficult to work with. We've always been around 50 pounds for our checked bags sometimes a little over sometimes less and most airlines don't care as long as you're close enough. Not United - it's 50 lbs exactly or they won't take your bags. Their check in staff are normally pretty unhappy and rude. What makes it even more ridiculous is most people just shift the weight to their carry-ons - meaning the airplane is still carrying the exact same amount of weight.

United Airlines customer review

I recently flew from SFO to Cancun and back. First off I had to pay for poor entertainment offered inflight when other airlines offer better entertainment for free. I mean I paid for movies that I can't even pause when I use the restroom (ridiculous). Secondly no food was served for this long flight. Even some chips or light snacks would have helped. Thirdly the seats were meh I have had better seats. It is a forgettable experience except for the bad parts like the entertainment system. If given the chance I will not fly United again.

(Thailand)

UA838 BKK-NRT Biz class. Flight was packed. Wonder why UA would discontinue BKK with the planed loaded with passengers. Laid flat seat. Sat on the upper deck near the cockpit. UA Biz were pretty crowded. Food was mediocre. Breakfast choices were Thai noodle or omelette. Grilled sandwich prior to landing was delicious.

(Thailand)

UA79 EWR-NRT Biz-First. This is a long haul flight about 14 hours on a Boeing Dreamliner with staggered seats. Would have been nice for privacy but unfortunately seated next to a guy who had cold and sneezed around most of the time. Mid flight snack placed in the galley was minimum. When I went there most were gone. Toilet was poorly stocked with only 1 liquid soap bottle. Flight crews were nice. Amenity kit came in a lousy tin can but it is said to be a collectible one.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

UA29 14/03/14. Friday evening departure from Newark and the airport was busy however the check in and bag drop facility was well organised so wasn't queuing long. Onboard the flight the 777 was full so it did feel quite claustrophobic the seats were not very comfortable but the legroom was ample. The flight only took 6 hours 15 minutes but the cabin crew were friendly and worked really hard and managed the meal service and two drinks runs before turning the lights off. Breakfast was served an hour and half before landing and consisted of a warm croissant and a small fruit salad. The flight landed ahead of schedule in to Heathrow and I was again fairly impressed with United.

(Thailand)

UA 468 SFO-PHX First Class. UA 1265 PHX-EWR First class. Typical domestic UA first which is nothing more than a bigger seat and free food. Ordered SW Chicken salad but got tasty beef with noodle instead. First class fare is not reasonable. If purchased separately way too expensive for what you get.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

(Thailand)

UA838 NRT-SFO Biz class. This is a long haul flight with amenity bag. Japanese food selection was Okay. Mid flight snack was placed quietly in a galley. Good thing was the arrival lounge at the SFO to freshen up and shower after landing. This lounge closed at noon and quite difficult to locate. It is on a lower level on the way to terminal 3 if you walk from the international terminal. Info desk did not know about the UA arrival lounge.