Turkish Airlines

(Israel)

TLV-IST-HEL. TLV to IST B737-800 great leg room leather seats no personal IFE. The crew were nice handed out heart shaped chocolates for Valentines Day. They managed to serve breakfast on this short flight and a bar service. The only bad remark cabin very hot during boarding terrible welcome. It got better as we took off. Remote parking in IST bussed to terminal. Security much quicker than expected. Departure area crowded and stuffy as usual. Again boarded A321 steaming hot. This time legroom was atrocious could not move or eat? The B737-800 felt like business class compared to this torture. Crew friendly and hard working full hot meal service wine beer and alcohol were free. This time personal IFE. Product seems inconsistent. All in all a positive experience.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Attempted to fly from Istanbul to Bangkok on Nov 29th but flight was delayed 5.5 hrs. No explanations given. No compensation despite delays. On-board entertainment was not properly working at my seat. Was too tired anyway. Pretty bad experience. Return flight was better (on time at least).

(Russian Federation)

IST-EZE GRU-IST Economy. I am a frequent flyer with TK (Elite) and there are many things I like about TK but the biggest problem of this airline is consistency. Some flights are excellent while others are just a horrible experience. This happened with my flights to EZE and back from GRU. The plane on both legs was awful. Under each seat there is a big metal box which makes it unbearable in combination with the tight legroom. Overall the plane seemed old and not taken care of. It had not been cleaned properly before departure. The staff were not attentive forgetting my requests. On the return flight there was no menu no hot towel no fresh orange juice. The temperature during the flight - freezing. The lounge in GRU is a joke. The good TAM lounge is closed at night and they use the Smiles lounge which is simply not acceptable. Ground handling poor - my priority has not been recognized at baggage delivery and for the return flight the check in staff didn't attach the priority label at all. All in all if I only took this one flight and judged TK based on this experience I would definitely not recommend this airline.

Turkish Airlines customer review

9th Feb TK70. We purchased our tickets from London to Istanbul and then from Istanbul on to Hong Kong almost as soon as they were released 11 months before we were due to travel. Perhaps because we booked through an online travel agent we were not offered seat selection at that point. We didn't worry too much because we assumed that the airlines default position would be to sit a couple together and after all we had booked very early. This turned out to be a naive assumption! When we attempted to check in online which was more than 36 hours before the Istanbul to Hong Kong flight the only seats available were at opposite ends of the cabin. Our pleas to the Turkish airlines office in London the check in desk at Gatwick and the transfer desk at Istanbul were all to no avail. This completely ruined the flight for me whilst I respect that the airline couldn't bump someone from a pre booked seat we should have been sat together by default at point of booking.

(Turkey)

737-900. Although we were delayed 4 hours in Manchester due to high winds (not a problem) we had a lovely smooth flight the business class seats on this plane are excellent plenty of room and fully reclining. Very good service once seated a glass of juice or wine was offered then a lovely salmon salad later a choice of chicken beef or macaroni - plenty to eat and wines excellent. Turkish or French wines offered plus liqueurs. Entertainment first class.

(Denmark)

Flew CPH-IST-Bombay mid December 2013. One more good experience with THY all flights on time and service as expected good. No other European carrier serves this amount of meals on intraeuropean flights and service about the same on intercontinental. As a regular flyer on THY in recent years I would recommend changing the meals a little - on all 4 flights food was the same as before always delicious but perhaps a little tired compared to some years ago. Beverage service excellent and although staff of THY are not very smiley they were effective. Inflight entertainment good with good selection of movies both older and recently published. Transfer in IST chaotic on way out very smooth on return flight. Again I can recommend THY for both service costs and extensive route network.

(South Africa)

Flew to Muscat via Istanbul and returned a month later. Very pleasant experience. Take off and landing super. Took advantage of tour of Istanbul and the use of the hotel on our return leg. Food good. However the ground crew not friendly at all but cabin crew were superb.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from Manchester to Dhaka (14th January) return Dhaka to London (11th January). Completely mixed bag experience when comparing the outbound and return journeys. The outbound was 10 out 10 due to punctuality professionalism amenities etc. I took advantage of the free Istanbul Tour offered by the Turkish Airlines. For the return leg the flight was delayed by 7.5 hours due to foggy conditions at Dhaka which obviously is not Turkish's fault. I was put on a different connecting flight to London which was supposed to depart within 1 hour of the arrival of the Dhaka flight to Istanbul. However the flight took 8.5 hours instead of 7 hours which meant that I missed the London flight. But what made this experience worse is the lack of in-flight entertainment system on this 8.5 hour flight. If Turkish is to compete with the other Airlines (Emirates Qatar Etihad) flying to Dhaka it has to take the Istanbul-Dhaka-Istanbul route seriously and ensure consistency across the flights.

(Spain)

LHR-IST-SCQ via BIO. I pre-reserved seats which were not respected even being Elite+ passenger on TK. Check in at LHR was very regular not giving a decent service. I was not advised about the seats and lounge options. Flight LHR-IST departed on time and was full. Fight was so hot! A321 was dirty and old. The cabin crew served the meal and drinks and disappeared for the entire flight. My headphones stopped working in the middle of the movie and even changing them did not help. Staff did not do anything to help. My next flight to Santiago via Bilbao was as bad as the first one. No movie available. Only one service available during 6 hrs of the flight. The last leg BIO- SCQ did not have any service. All in all not a good experience and for the price paid I would never repeat!

(Bangladesh)

DHK-IST then IST-JFK. This was my first time with Turkish airline. Cabin staff were rude. On my first leg I ordered a glass of water twice but it never came I had to walk to the galley to get my glass of water. The food was served after 1 hour. It was an 8.5 hrs flight so me and my wife slept a bit after the meal was done. I took beef biriyani and my wife took grilled chicken. The chicken was really tasty unfortunately I choose the wrong meal. Then before landing we were served a sandwich which was good. On our 2nd leg IST to JFK (10 hrs 30 mins) it was an early morning flight which was supposed to take off at 7.30 but got delayed 45 minutes. First meal (scrambled egg with mushroom) was served immediately after take off which was tasty but the cabin crews were again disappointing. Again I ordered a cocktail but it didn't come the first time I asked for it. I would recommend this flight as its cheap.