Vote Now

TUIfly

"this very bad airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Fuerteventura. Bad flight : Delayed - more than 2.4 hrs. Tuifly Netherlands once again put us in another plane. According to the schedule was would the Boeing 787 flown. Two days before that failed to technical problems. Now our airplane was an A340 HiFly nearly 22 years old. We pay for more expensive seats - comfort class, but had to take a seat in economy, Zero leg space, my seat could not lean backwards. Very poor onboard entertainment and food. So we never fly with this very bad airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAmsterdam to Fuerteventura
Date FlownApril 2017

"seats cramped and hard"

Verified Review | Miami to Brussels. I think that TUIfly tries really hard to offer comfort for their guests, but really does not hit the mark. The seats are very narrow, which makes sitting quite uncomfortable, especially for larger people. We were lucky that after takeoff we were able to change seats. Unfortunately there seems to be little padding in the seat cushion.. The food was pretty gross looking, but was edible. The staff offered lots of water to passengers, which was great, but only came around twice with other beverages. I was not expecting there to be any entertainment onboard, thus I was very happy to find that there were a few movies and TV shows available. My personal TV was actually broken, but since the seat next to me was empty, I was able to use that one instead. Overall, the staff were nice, and the plane seemed relatively clean. However, the seats were just too cramped and the seats too hard to be comfortable on such a long flight.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteMIA to BRU
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Never again with Tuifly"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amsterdam via Bucharest with TUIfly. Poor seats, and lots of delays. At departure (beging the first flight of the day) as well as during refuelling in Romania. What was announced as a 30 minute stop resulted in 2 hours. Disgrace, they should get it together! Never again with Tuifly for me.
RouteDXB to AMS via OTP
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cabin crew always very friendly"

Sal, Cape Verde to Amsterdam. I have flown a few times with TUIfly on flights from 3 to 10 hours and I've never had a lot of complaints. Everything costs extra, except for 1 meal and drink on long-haul flights, but I didn't expect anything else for their fares. The ground and cabin crew are always very friendly and helpful. On most flights I booked economy comfort class, because the leg room in economy just isn't a lot, but comfort class is rather comfortable.
RouteSID to AMS
Date FlownApril 2016

"by far my worst experience"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Varadero to Amsterdam via Cancun with TUIfly. I've done a lot of long distance flights but this was by far my worst experience. You have to pay 15 euros for inflight entertainment (which was not working during the flight back), you get only one meal during a trip of 14 hours, you get a few glasses of water for free and 1 coffee or tea. After a whole night of flying in the morning, we didn't get breakfast and I had to pay 2,5 euros for a coffee! Finally, during the flight from Varadero to Cancun, I couldn't sit at my own seat so I was separated from the rest of the people I was traveling with. It was on a first come, first serve basis. Made me think about Ryanair 5 years ago. During the long flight from Cancun to Amsterdam, there were a lot of couples also not sitting next to each other but with the aisle in between or sitting the seat before or after each other. Unbelievable for a flight of more than 8 hours. The price difference with another airline will have to be really big before I will fly with TUI again.
RouteVRA to AMS via CUN
Date FlownMay 2016

"never fly TUIfly again"

From Fuerteventura to Dusseldorf on TUIfly, I was returning home after a short holiday in January with my wife and children. Check in was messed up and the staff at the airport don't understand German or English. Boarding the plane was chaos as the crew did not greet people as normal. The plane was new and the seats was not comfortable. The crew was not helpful. There is no food and beverages as well as entertainment onboard even. I will never fly with TUIfly again.
AircraftB737-800
RouteFUE to DUS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seats uncomfortable"

(Denmark)

Old aircraft, seats very narrow and uncomfortable, however so called Premium Class did not look much different. The food was average, strange tasting, served in unsuitable packaging. However the cabin staff was extremely positive, friendly and helpful.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCopenhagen to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2015

"No complaints at all"

Amsterdam to Antalya with TUIfly. Kind and polite staff. Clean plane with a strange economy and comfort concept. Comfort first rows quite expensive, but emergency exit rows with double the space for a fair €12 extra. Food and drinks for sale. Not cheap but good quality. Both flights on time. No complaints at all.
RouteAmsterdam to Antalya
Date FlownOctober 2015

"almost everything is paid-service"

This intercontinental TUIfly flight from Amsterdam to Curaçao of 10hrs is low-cost, so almost everything is paid-service: drinks (except water and 1 coffee or tea), food (except 1 meal), checked-in luggage (starting at €8 x 2) and entertainment (starting at €7.50 x 2). The entertainment you pay for also has little choice and will probably be the same on you return flight. Also compare leg space - I was suprised by this, and next time I would choose a slightly more expensive airline (to me €80 extra would definitely be worth it). Besides this, the service is good and the airplane is comfortable and clean. Just make a fair comparison in price between airline options, with TUIfly you will have at least €40 extra costs!
RouteAmsterdam to Curaçao
Date FlownOctober 2015

"if price is good I would fly them again"

Our return flight from Herkaklion on Crete to Frankfurt on September 25th started with a long queue outside the airport. TUIfly had so many passengers on that day that there wasn't enough space for all people inside the terminal. We had to wait 1 hour for the baggage drop off. Half of the time staying in the sun. Everything seemed to be very disorganized. The aircraft arrived early on Crete which ment also an early departure and arrival for us. The plane was around 9 years old and owned by TUIfly. A totally different experience than on the way to Crete with a leased airplane. The seat offered a very comfortable seat pitch with plenty of space to move around. The cabin and washrooms looked clean. On cabin screens the safety video, an airshow and advertisement were shown. Also on some tables stickers with advertisement were installed. While boarding the flight attendants distributed wine gums to everybody. During the flight we had the same choice between a sandwich with cheese or ham. It seemed the flight Crew was quiet desinterested in their job. No smile at all, noisy deposit of service equipment and slang-announcements by the purser. But the flight crew gave us often information concerning the flight. Don't expect much, but if the price is good I would fly them again.
RouteHER to FRA