TUIfly

"delayed again and again"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Amsterdam. I was scheduled to fly on 17th December, arrived to the airport and went through the check-in and all the security checks. After that, we (as for all the passengers) were waiting to board, which had seemed to start any minute. But it was being delayed every ten minutes for another ten minutes until there was a 4 hour delay at which point the pilots came to inform us there were some issues with the airplane's computer, which they were trying to fix, but they would reboot the computer's system and we'd be boarding in an hour. Another hour passed and the pilots came, saying at 2 A.M. (5 hours after the scheduled time of takeoff) that they weren't able to fix the problem and that all the passengers are gonna be accommodated in a five-star hotel for the night (after we get our visas back and go again through immigration) and that we would be informed what the next step is in the morning. I asked if I wasnt going to go to the hotel, if I could get the money instead, so I can buy food and water in the airport, they said no. Next morning I was waiting for any kind of information about the new flight. There was none in the airport and none on my email or my cellphone. Meanwhile my girlfriend arrived, we said our goodbyes and she left before I had at least some minor information about my flight, although the international departure board was all the time showing that the check-in for my flight was about to begin in 40 minutes. But 40 minutes turned out to be the whole day and at about 5 P.M. the check-in opened for my flight. I was lucky they hadn't changed the terminal because I wouldn't have found out. OK, I went through the check-in again, through security checks again and the flight was delayed again and again and again, unsure to even take-off that night. In the end we departed from a different gate and 25 hours later but we departed. I am trying to make a complaint to get compensation for the delayed flight. There is an official complaint app at the airline's website. It doesn't work. So I wrote an email. They answered that I have to complain at the website's official complain program. I sent another email, saying that for whatever reason I cannot get inside that program. I sent them the official complaint form and all the information they needed to know. Their answer after that was that my email was empty and I have to write a new one. It takes 2 days for them to answer every time. So I wrote a new one.
RouteCancun to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2017

"It was a good flight"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Kos to Ostend. It was a good flight and that cabin crew was friendly and can speak at least 3 languages (French, Dutch and English). When you have a question, they will try to help you with a smile. It was a Boeing 737 without entertainment on the flight. It was an older aircraft, but there weren't any problems with the hygiene.
RouteKos to Ostend
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"service on the plane was good"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Ostend to Kos. It was a good flight from a secondary airport in Belgium (Ostend, the primary airport is Brussels). There wasn’t a delay and the service on the plane was good (really friendly). It was an older aircraft, but the hygiene was good. It was a Boeing 737 without entertainment on the flight.
RouteOstend to Kos
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"would personally use again"

Verified Review | Birmingham to Dubrovnik. We boarded on time we were surprised as we paid for extra leg room and they were all gone apart from two seats but meant we couldn't sit together. On the way back we managed to book them. On the way good flight but I noticed about 6 seats extra leg room were empty. After a quick word with the stewardess we were able to move and sit together. Comfy seats we didn't pay for anything on refreshments or food as well its a rip off. Flight home on time but Dubrovnik was very windy as not the most confident passenger the captain did say it was going to be a rough take off. Yes it was not a good experience but something that was out of their control. Apart from that a good flight home. Air stewards ok a bit snooty which I find most of the time. I would personally use again.
RouteBirmingham to Dubrovnik
Date FlownAugust 2017

"never take this airline again"

(Luxembourg)

Verified Review | Chania to Brussels via Kos. I was supposed to fly with my infant daughter and my mother a 3 hour direct trip from Chania to Brussels on 30 June. Two weeks before the flight we received a message that our flight would take 6 hours due to a stopover in Kos Island. I called the airline and asked what it was about - they said no worries, a small stopover, you will not need to disembark. Ok, suboptimal but acceptable til now. On the day of the flight, we check in normally, and when we look to take our seats, they were occupied. I tell the attendants that I must sit with my infant daughter and mother, and they just say to randomly take seats because the plane is totally unoccupied. Ok. We sit. I then ask if we have to switch to our assigned seats on the Kos stopover, because it will be extremely difficult for me to carry the baby, all the baby bags, and my own stuff, wake the baby up (she sleeps at takeoff), and move. They say we'll do our best for you to keep your seats. At Kos we are suddenly announced to disembark because they have to fuel up and the policy is no passengers during fueling (although all the crew remained on board). What a mess. Talked to other discontent passengers, many had huge delays when flying into Chania in the first place (ex. flight scheduled for 6 am finally takes off at 8 am). Then get back on the plane to the assigned seats, try to calm the baby down, etc. Of couse needless to say nobody helped with the baby. I'm glad we arrived safe and that our luggage was not lost. But I would never take this airline again. It's cheap, but Ryanair is luxury compared to TuiFly.
RouteChania to Brussels via Kos
Date FlownJune 2017

"Awful experience"

Verified Review | Paris to Marrakech. The plane arrived 4 hours late and we had no communication at all. Then we finally boarded but we waited a lot and could not take off because a passenger fell while onboarding. He got injured but the crew let us in. Doctors came and asked him to leave the plane but the passenger refused to leave. We eventually took off. The crew during the flight was the most impolite I have seen. I did not feel good and asked for water. The woman said she would bring some but never came back. We arrived 5 hours late. Awful experience. Won't recommend this airline to anyone
RouteParis to Marrakech
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"service level is very low"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Aruba. The service level of this company is very low. You have to pay for everything on board. During my 9hr flight we have to pay for media entertainment 10euro, Coffee: 2,5euro, Coke, etc. We recieved one meal during 9hrs. You better take another company if they cost 100-200 euro more because it is more than worth it.
RouteAmsterdam to Aruba
Date FlownMay 2017

"this very bad airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Fuerteventura. Bad flight : Delayed - more than 2.4 hrs. Tuifly Netherlands once again put us in another plane. According to the schedule was would the Boeing 787 flown. Two days before that failed to technical problems. Now our airplane was an A340 HiFly nearly 22 years old. We pay for more expensive seats - comfort class, but had to take a seat in economy, Zero leg space, my seat could not lean backwards. Very poor onboard entertainment and food. So we never fly with this very bad airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAmsterdam to Fuerteventura
Date FlownApril 2017

"seats cramped and hard"

Verified Review | Miami to Brussels. I think that TUIfly tries really hard to offer comfort for their guests, but really does not hit the mark. The seats are very narrow, which makes sitting quite uncomfortable, especially for larger people. We were lucky that after takeoff we were able to change seats. Unfortunately there seems to be little padding in the seat cushion.. The food was pretty gross looking, but was edible. The staff offered lots of water to passengers, which was great, but only came around twice with other beverages. I was not expecting there to be any entertainment onboard, thus I was very happy to find that there were a few movies and TV shows available. My personal TV was actually broken, but since the seat next to me was empty, I was able to use that one instead. Overall, the staff were nice, and the plane seemed relatively clean. However, the seats were just too cramped and the seats too hard to be comfortable on such a long flight.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteMIA to BRU
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Never again with Tuifly"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amsterdam via Bucharest with TUIfly. Poor seats, and lots of delays. At departure (beging the first flight of the day) as well as during refuelling in Romania. What was announced as a 30 minute stop resulted in 2 hours. Disgrace, they should get it together! Never again with Tuifly for me.
RouteDXB to AMS via OTP