Transavia

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"crew was very friendly"

Verified Review | I'm not a frequent flyer, but I know much about airlines / airplanes. It was a late summer morning, and I arrived at Schiphol Airport. It was around 8AM in the morning. I checked my baggage in, it was a very fast check in. After the safety check, I had around 2 hours till the flight will depart, I went to the panoramic terrace, and after that to the gate. It was a 10 minute walk. When the boarding started, I was the first in the plane. The crew was very friendly from the beginning. We departed on time, and after a short taxi to the runway we took off to the sunny island of Malta. After half an hour into the flight, the cabin crew started with the first food and drink service. It is not free, but very cheap in relation to other airlines, After the food and drink service, I Started with my movie. Transavia has a app, and with that app you can watch 5 movies a each flight for free. The flight was really smooth, and the pilots gave a lot of information about the flight time and route. About an hour before landing, the crew came in with the second food and drink service. I had nothing but a drink, because I had a good lunch in the flight earlier. After the landing we parked at the gate (10 minutes early) and we had a friendly goodbye from the crew. We waited about 10 minutes in the arrival hall for our luggage, and when we had the bags we had a taxi to the hotel. When I took a look at the airport in the taxi, I saw our airplane in the beautiful Maltese sun.
RouteAmsterdam to Malta
Date FlownOctober 2016

"happy with the services"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Innsbruck to Amsterdam. Very basic airline. Value for money is fantastic. Took round trip from Amsterdam to Innsbruck. They only fly once a week so had no other options for this route. Both trips were in time. Was happy with the services, check in counter was kind enough to allow an extra baggage for one of our companions.
RouteInnsbruck to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2017

"very nice experience"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Amsterdam in the week before Christmas. The price of this flight was 150 euros (return flight). Boarding was delayed in our outbound flight by 20 minutes, but we landed in Amsterdam in time. The plane was relatively new, and the seats in it were decent (nice width and legdom). The cabin crew was very nice and made our flight nice. There is no in-flight entertainment, but it's not too bad because this was a short haul flight. The food available for purchase is reasonably priced, a large bag of M&Ms costs only 2.5 euros and a bottle of water costs 2 euros. Overall, we had a very nice experience with Transavia and we will love flying with them in the future.
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2016

"comfortable for a short flight"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Dublin. Booked using flying blue miles so even booking with extras only costs about 63 euros one way. Flight itself was generally OK but the cabin was very hot and it was only about half an hour after take off that it cooled down. Booked the front row seats for me and my friend and it was comfortable for a short flight. However on the ground service was not great. This was partly because the flight was out of Orly and between dropping off luggage, passing through security and immigration took about an hour and a half. Not the airline's fault but flying out of Orly would require plenty of time so need to plan ahead. On arrival in Dublin it took 45-50 minutes before luggage was delivered.
RouteParis Orly to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2017

"all in all, good flights"

Verified Review | I had a pleasant trip to and from Malaga with Transavia. Check in was simple. The flight itself was 3 hours, but with enough leg room I was comfortable. The seats were a pretty bilious shade of green, but were well cushioned. A bit of excitement in Malaga when we bounced off the runway and went round again. Amazing how quiet the passengers became after that! There was a long queue at check-in on the way home, but we left on time. All in all, good flights.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownJuly 2017

"waited 1.5 hours in line"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Malaga. Once I got on the plane, my experience with Transavia was solid. The planes are newer and flight attendants are very nice. However, my experience attempting to check a bag was an absolute nightmare. I paid for this service ahead of time, had my boarding pass already downloaded on my phone, so I simply needed to drop my bag. I waited 1.5 hours in line and when I got to the front I was finally able to get someone's attention. He told me I no longer had time to check my bag because the gate was closed. I'm sure others had a similar problem because the line was probably about 3 hours long when I left. I had 2 bottles of champagne in my bag that I simply had to leave on the ground and I ran to my gate (and still had about 30 min of waiting time when I got there). When I emailed the airline to request a refund and to tell them about my experience, they unapologetically refused to pay back my 19 euros. Said I should have gotten there 3 hours earlier to check a bag. I got my credit card company to go to bat for me and all is fine now.
RouteParis Orly to Malaga

"Avoid at all cost"

Verified Review | Heraklion to Amsterdam. Transavia is the worst airline I have ever been on. I had a flight to Atlanta (with KLM) from Heraklion, through Amsterdam. Flight was booked through Delta airlines. The day of the flight, I arrive 2 hours early to the airport to check in, and after 15 minutes of waiting, the check in agent tells me that I do not exist in their system. I show her the paid for and confirmed flight, she looks again, and says I do not exist. Then, she asks her supervisor to check. This supervisor goes for 45 minutes and comes back saying that she can see my Amsterdam - Atlanta flight, but no flight on Transavia. The reason I was given for the mess was that the Delta "system" did not send the reservation to the KLM/Transavia "system" (as if that's something I should fix for them!). She then asks me to "call Delta", and expects me to resolve a problem that occurred between Transavia and Delta, without my own knowledge! After that, I had to ask her to find me a phone, since I could not use my own to call internationally. She takes me to their reservation desk, and the agents there start shouting at me as if it was my fault that I needed to make a call in their office; a call that they should've done (In fact, I was asked to find the Delta phone number myself!). At that point, my flight had already departed, and after reaching Delta myself (since the Transavia agents never called for me, instead they shouted at me to get out), and being rebooked on a flight the next day, I go to these agents to check whether they can see my reservation. Once again, they say that I don't exist in their system! After another long discussion with them, I was given someone on the phone from Transavia, who said that Delta did indeed book me, but Transavia decided to cancel my flight on their leg twice because of "payment". I tried to explain to her that this makes no sense, since my connecting flights are confirmed, I have a payment receipt, a confirmed ticket number from Delta, and everything is in order. She again repeats the same thing. After all this mess, I return to my newly booked hotel, contact Transavia by email. Then, as if it was magic, a few hours after, they send me an email saying that what happened was just a "mistake", and they give me my confirmation number. Overall, terrible airline, terrible staff, and terrible experience. Avoid at all cost.
RouteHeraklion to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2017

"put us at the last seat"

Amsterdam to Larnaca. I booked my flight from Toronto to Larnaca in November 2016 with KLM. I left Toronto Feb. 2017 arrived in Amsterdam Feb. 24 and took the connecting flig ht from Amsterdam with flight HV5313 for Larnaca that KLM arranged for me and my wife with Transavia. Although I booked the flight 4 months ahead and I was hoping to get a decent seat at the front of the economy section. They put us at the last seat where the seats do not move back. Although there were empty seats and I requested a change the flight attendant was fairly rude. I saw with my own eyes changing some other people. I will not fly an airline that I cannot go online and choose my own seat. Also people could not find a place to put their luggage.
RouteAmsterdam to Larnaca
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"seats are very small "

Verified Review | Barcelona to Munich. After I booked the flight, the schedule was changed (5 hours later!). So I booked a new flight. That was changed several times (about 30 - 45 minutes). I had to search in the Website of the Airport (Barcelona), which Terminal I have to go, Transavia did not inform me. 2 hours before the sceduled time it was again delayed by 50 minutes. It seems therefore not reasonable to fly with Transavia if you have to stick to your own timetable. I will not book a flight again. The seats are very small (looking around me, I saw that 50 % of the passengers could not lean their heads back) and there was no room for the feet. It was also not clean.
RouteBarcelona to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"Boarding procedure was chaotic"

Verified Review | Flew Transavia from Amsterdam to Munich. Boarding procedure was chaotic and ground staff were unable to guide matters in an efficient way. A small purse does count as an item of hand luggage and had to be placed in the wheeled case, which makes it impossible to carry even the smallest personal items. Without any need, wheeled cases were not allowed on the aircraft even though the plane was not even half full. No recommendations.
RouteAmsterdam to Munich