Transavia

"ground staff is rude at best"

Verified Review | I can confirm the problems with the Paris Orly airport reported by fellow travellers. Ground staff is rude at best, and I recommend to avoid this route at all cost. In particular, I would like to remark their very inconsistent policy with regards to hand luggage; while other passengers (including my friends) could get into the plane without a problem with a purse and a correct suitcase, others were charged 40€ quite arbitrarly, for purses or laptop bags that have been allowed in the past without any further issue. This is not only abusive, but it is done without warning and for quite petty reasons. I've flown Transavia 20+ times, and never encountered this kind of problems thus I recomment to avoid departure from Paris Orly at all cost.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteParis Orly to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2017

"make Ryanair look like Qatar Airways"

Verified Review | Flight and staff from Dublin to Orly couldn't have gone better. Was going to write a nice review until I encountered the staff at Orly on return flight. Rude! Shouting at people! Questioning why I had 4 bags with me (for 4 people!) Complaining that the bags were oversized when they were well inside the designated dimensions. Didn't interact with flight crew on return but they seemed annoyed with everyone and every question / request. The airline was picked by a travel agent as part of a package trip. I'd never heard of them before and was apprehensive based on other reviews. I can hand on heart say they make Ryanair look like Qatar Airways.
RouteParis Orly to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Avoid Transavia at all costs"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Tunis. I checked in online and avoided waiting forever, only to be be told at the gate that my cabin size luggage was too big to go on the plane by 0.5 cm. (It is a cabin size approved luggage, which has come with me on all kinds of different flights, wether it was Tunisair or Ryanair). The staff member was rude to everyone, for no apparent reason, and was yelling at us. People were complaining as most of them were traveling to go on vacation and didn’t need to be yelled at by a stranger. The plane left late, and my luggage would have easily been able to fit in the overhead compartment, but I had to wait at luggage claim instead. Avoid Transavia at all costs! They are horrible.
RouteParis Orly to Tunis
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Paris Orly airport was unprofessional"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Paris to Prague. First of all they send you a lot of emails to check in “right in time” but than after checking in to your flight, theres no email confirmation or anything. The staff they have on Paris Orly airport was unprofesional. First they were shouting that its time to checking baggage. So we all did a qeue and put my cabin baggage (which Im always traveling with) and pointing a finger on it saying this is a problem. Than puts some paper on it and telling me in french to go on the end of line. When I was trying to ask what does the problem means, she told me in french again and when I asked if theres anybody speaking english, she just said no with a big smile. And the problem has also a lot of people from the plane. But nobody knew anything more. The thing was that they put all those problematic baggage down the plane and after arrival we had to wait for it as a checked baggage. Thats not a big deal but its the last thing you want. So please, Transavia, be international also in your staff language education.
RouteParis to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2017

"still waiting for the payment"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | I booked a ticket from Transavia to fly from Amsterdam to Paris in July 2016. They cancelled the flight and migrated me to another flight same day. Ten days later I got an email from Transavia states that they will make me 500 euros payment regarding to "As per the European regulation (CE) n°261/2004, we inform you that you will receive 250 euros to compensate you for the inconvenience caused in the organization of your trip." After that, I provided them neccessary information to get the payment. After some time my bank called me and told that because of missing surname information in the SWIFT transaction, they rejected the payment. I told the situation to Transavia and they told me that this is not correct, they made the payment. However; this is not true and I have official document from my bank and also sent this document to Transavia. It has been 14 months right now and I am still waiting for the payment.
RouteAmsterdam to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2016

"crew was very friendly"

Verified Review | I'm not a frequent flyer, but I know much about airlines / airplanes. It was a late summer morning, and I arrived at Schiphol Airport. It was around 8AM in the morning. I checked my baggage in, it was a very fast check in. After the safety check, I had around 2 hours till the flight will depart, I went to the panoramic terrace, and after that to the gate. It was a 10 minute walk. When the boarding started, I was the first in the plane. The crew was very friendly from the beginning. We departed on time, and after a short taxi to the runway we took off to the sunny island of Malta. After half an hour into the flight, the cabin crew started with the first food and drink service. It is not free, but very cheap in relation to other airlines, After the food and drink service, I Started with my movie. Transavia has a app, and with that app you can watch 5 movies a each flight for free. The flight was really smooth, and the pilots gave a lot of information about the flight time and route. About an hour before landing, the crew came in with the second food and drink service. I had nothing but a drink, because I had a good lunch in the flight earlier. After the landing we parked at the gate (10 minutes early) and we had a friendly goodbye from the crew. We waited about 10 minutes in the arrival hall for our luggage, and when we had the bags we had a taxi to the hotel. When I took a look at the airport in the taxi, I saw our airplane in the beautiful Maltese sun.
RouteAmsterdam to Malta
Date FlownOctober 2016

"happy with the services"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Innsbruck to Amsterdam. Very basic airline. Value for money is fantastic. Took round trip from Amsterdam to Innsbruck. They only fly once a week so had no other options for this route. Both trips were in time. Was happy with the services, check in counter was kind enough to allow an extra baggage for one of our companions.
RouteInnsbruck to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2017

"very nice experience"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Amsterdam in the week before Christmas. The price of this flight was 150 euros (return flight). Boarding was delayed in our outbound flight by 20 minutes, but we landed in Amsterdam in time. The plane was relatively new, and the seats in it were decent (nice width and legdom). The cabin crew was very nice and made our flight nice. There is no in-flight entertainment, but it's not too bad because this was a short haul flight. The food available for purchase is reasonably priced, a large bag of M&Ms costs only 2.5 euros and a bottle of water costs 2 euros. Overall, we had a very nice experience with Transavia and we will love flying with them in the future.
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2016

"comfortable for a short flight"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Dublin. Booked using flying blue miles so even booking with extras only costs about 63 euros one way. Flight itself was generally OK but the cabin was very hot and it was only about half an hour after take off that it cooled down. Booked the front row seats for me and my friend and it was comfortable for a short flight. However on the ground service was not great. This was partly because the flight was out of Orly and between dropping off luggage, passing through security and immigration took about an hour and a half. Not the airline's fault but flying out of Orly would require plenty of time so need to plan ahead. On arrival in Dublin it took 45-50 minutes before luggage was delivered.
RouteParis Orly to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2017

"all in all, good flights"

Verified Review | I had a pleasant trip to and from Malaga with Transavia. Check in was simple. The flight itself was 3 hours, but with enough leg room I was comfortable. The seats were a pretty bilious shade of green, but were well cushioned. A bit of excitement in Malaga when we bounced off the runway and went round again. Amazing how quiet the passengers became after that! There was a long queue at check-in on the way home, but we left on time. All in all, good flights.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga