Airline of the Year

Transavia

"I would fly with them again"

Verified Review | Nantes to Berlin. Friendly cabin crew and very polite. They offered me to sit on an emergency row because of my height. The food is not included as it is a low cost airline, but the prices are not too bad compared to other low cost airlines. Nice new aircraft, comfortable seats. Only downsides: they were a bit too insisting with how to sit the baby on our laps although he already had his seatbelt, and my wife had to breastfeed him to avoid pain to his ears. Also the ticket price was quite expensive for a low cost company and a short flight. I would fly with them again though.
RouteNantes to Berlin
Date FlownMay 2017

"Transavia did a good job"

Verified Review | Eindhoven to Stockholm. Again Transavia did a good job. Friendly crew and on time performance. We paid 330 euros for a return for 2, including 1 suitcase on hold and emergency exit seats, which certainly added to the comfort. With 46 euros however I think the luggage fee is too high. Reasonably priced food. Transavia uses Eindhoven Airport for many flights, which is small and efficient and much better than Schiphol.
RouteEindhoven to Stockholm

Transavia customer review

Verified Review | My flight was delayed for more than 4 hours last minute. Of course we could not contact them as they start to work 8am only. So I submitted complain mentioning to coontact me asap regarding the refund and that I am not going to take the flight as it is not possible. I had to rush the same minute to find another solution, to get another ticket for 300EUR as I had important plans in Paris already and could not miss it. Now, after almost a week of thinking, they reply me, I would get a compensation, but I refused to take the almost 5 hours delayed flight, so I cannot get any refund. Basically, the customer service in this company does not exist, they do not take any responsibility. It is not the cheapest airlines, although in the cheapest ones you are treated as a respected customer, staff is more polite and seats have more space. It was the worst experience. I have read many reviews now, and noticed their flights are always late/delayed. I had flight back with them on Sunday, and it was delayed another 30min. They do not even communicate this to the customers and staff is not even sorry about this or offering help, eventhough half of the passengers missed last trains from Amsterdam. I would never recommend to fly with this airline.
RouteAmsterdam to Paris
Date FlownApril 2017

"excellent experience, will fly again"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Transavia is a new operator on the Helsinki sector and we flew one-way from Amsterdam to Helsinki on 17th April. Very crowded check-in that was handled very efficiently, once we boarded in the Easter chaos, were happy to board a new Boeing 737-800 which was quiet and very pleasant. Excellent cabin crew - very friendly and smiling, but a relatively cramped seating. Excellent experience, will fly again.
RouteAmsterdam to Helsinki
Date FlownApril 2017

"the staff were friendly"

(Israel)

Verified Review | We flew with Transavia from Munich to Tel Aviv and return. All together there were nine of us with children. The service was good, the aircraft was clean, the staff were friendly and the departure was on time both ways. Overall we were very satisfied and will probably fly with them again.
RouteMunich to Tel Aviv

"Will never use again"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Luton. I fly regularly with Transavia and there are always delays either in Luton or Orly. Also my last experience was horrible. No customer support on Whatsapp or social media - Staff have no clue about what is allowed or not. I have travelled over 10 times with a luggage and find out on my last trip that it was too big to carry on the aircraft, therefore me and my pregnant wife had to carry laptops on our way back. We finally found out that we should have been allowed! The flight was late again I wrote a long complaint and got a reply basically saying "Thanks for contacting us, it will help us to improve. Sorry about your bad experience! " Will never use again.
RouteParis Orly to Luton

"No customer support "

Verified Review | Rotterdam to Faro. Had to change my flight due to sudden health issue. Call the customer service of Transavia: spoke with a guy who split my boyfriend and my ticket without me asking for that. Everyone sounded so incompetent at customer service: was given incorrect information on my booking and ended up paying twice as much for my ticket. Don't fly with Transavia - if you have to make a simple change with your tickets, you'll regret it! Myself, last time with them. No customer support at all.
RouteRotterdam to Faro

"it was organized badly"

Verified Review | Prague to Eindhoven. Because of fog the day before, the plane was rerouted to Schiphol and departed the next day also from Schiphol and passengers had to be transferred from Eindhoven to Schiphol. It would be a delay of 1 hour and 15 minutes if organized well. But it was organized badly and although foreseeable costed us the passengers waiting in Prague to toreturn to Eindhoven more the 3 hours dellay. Sure ground service denied to hand out vouchers what made me complain at Transavia in Holland before departure.
RoutePrague to Eindhoven
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight was cancelled"

(Slovakia)

Verified Review | Paris to Valencia. I used Transavia 2 times. First time was just recently from Wien to Paris, which was quite good and normal. Second time I was suppose to fly from Paris to Valencia. I came to airport and I just saw the information that flight was cancelled. What? I got no email no message. There were no staff from the company on the airport, so nobody to help. On the phone almost nobody speaking english, only french. Even after few minutes of waiting on the phone english speaker did not tell me any important information or how should I proceed. As the next flight is in next week, I cannot wait and I bought ticket via another company on next day, which is little bit expensive. Now I have right to get money back and also much more according to the law, so I am curious what the process of refund will be. Probably very difficult.
RouteParis to Valencia
Date FlownMarch 2017

"prepare for the worst service"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amsterdam. If you book with Transavia, prepare yourself for the worst service. When you ask the staff to order a drink, you get the answer 'We'll be passing by with our food and drink service soon'. Read 50 minutes later. They don't tell you in advance when they have to wait 2 hours in a plane for a stopover as they couldn't land in the Netherlands because of a storm, although they had this information before taking off. While the total trip was already 9 hours, and including the delay 11 hours, the only compensation was a cup of tea or coffee. On my way back I took Qatar Airways for also a very reasonable price. Difference in service was huge: very convenient seats, able to charge your mobile during the flight, view movies, smiling staff.
RouteDubai to Amsterdam