Transavia

"uncomfortable flight experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seville. Booked seats at the very front of the aircraft. We began boarding on time but got stuck for over 45 minutes in the hallway after they check your boarding pass and before you board the plane. It was very uncomfortable and hot in the hallway and tiring to stand for that long with all the carry on luggage and backpacks. There was no explanation for the delay. We finally boarded the plane at the time we were supposed to take off and the plane took off about 30 minutes late. The seats were small, my companion a 200lb male was cramped in his seat at the front of the plane. Overall an uncomfortable flight experience. The cost of the flight was also not worth it, easy jet would have been better.
RouteParis to Seville
Date FlownApril 2018

"Quick and efficient flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Dublin to Paris Orly with Transavia. Quick and efficient flight. Take off was a few minutes late but arrived on time. The front seat (2F) was comfortable and with good leg room. On board service efficient and friendly. Food and drinks for purchase at reasonable prices. I opted for the pain au chocolat with coffee breakfast for 4 euros. Baggage was already waiting after clearing immigration (slight wait at immigration but it appears to have been handled much better than the last time I passed through Orly). Overall a good flight the only thing I was quite unhappy about was that the counter for bagage check in only opened two hours before scheduled departure yet airlines tend to advise us to arrive well in advance (I was at the airport about three hours before the flight was due to leave).
RouteDublin to Paris Orly
Date FlownApril 2018

"quite often there is a problem"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Paris Orly. I have flown the Orly to Amsterdam route on Transavia a number of times, and generally it offers good value for money on a short flight. However, at least 1 out of 4 times there is a inexplicable delay and their logistics tend to be non-existent when this happens. For the morning Amsterdam to Orly flight on 8 March, flight was delayed at first for 30 minutes, so the gate was moved to a bus-out gate in the basement of Schiphol airport. Counter-intuitively, there was another flight leaving from the same gate at the same time. Of course it was absolute chaos, further delaying the flight. This also meant that there was not enough seating in the gate area, coincidentally the only bathroom was closed for cleaning, and there was no access to food or beverages except for a vending machine requiring coins. If you value your time and a basic level of comfort, I would avoid this airline if possible. It’s a fine airline when everything goes as planned, but extremely poorly managed when there is any type of problem, and quite often there is a problem.
RouteAmsterdam to Paris Orly
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Just a horrible airline"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Orly. Just a horrible airline. Customer service does not exist - they simply don't care a tad about your well-being or how you perceive them. Flying from Dublin to Orly. Not only was the flight late, we also had to fly with a wet-lease company with an old plane from 1854. This is the 4th time I've flown with them - and the 4th time I'm having a bad experience.
RouteDublin to Orly
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"just a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | Alicante to Amsterdam. I have to say this is just a terrible airline. From the moment we arrived at the airport in Alicante to the moment we left the airport in Amsterdam everything went wrong. There was a 100 meter queue at the checkin desk with only one person working. We contacted transavia about this and they said they were unable to help us. Then the boarding took extremely long, the plane was fully booked and there was no space to fit bags in the overhead compartents. As a result, the crew asked people to check their bags as we entered the airplane. The whole process took very long. The seats were extremely small, much smaller than any economy i've flown with. Then to top it all off, it took at least an hour for our luggage to arrive at the baggage claim.
RouteAlicante to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2018

Transavia customer review

Trip Verified | I flew Transavia in November 2016 and I forgot to add my review. Better late than never! I knew it was a budget airline and I knew it was going to be a long flight. Dubai isn't exactly close to The Netherlands. I was very happily surprised. The staff were friendly, the plane left on time. We were told we may stop over to refuel halfway there but we didn't need to. We landed on time and without any issues. Yes you need to pay for your food and drink and yes the trolleys take a while to get to you if your at the back of the plane. But as long as you are prepared for the wait and maybe bring a bottle of water on board and a sandwich, packet of crisps, you will be more than fine! I am flying with them again in March 2018 and this time with my boyfriend. This time I'm bringing a shawl and a neck pillow and my laptop so we can watch a bit of TV while we fly because it can be boring without these things. The seats are comfy enough and the overall experience has left me feeling more than happy to fly them again. It was a safe flight (and I'm a terrified flyer by the way). I wont forget to review them again this time - so wait till the end of March and I will add my 2nd review.
RouteDubai to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2017

"incompetent, terrible company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Paris. If there is any trouble with your flight, you are left alone at the airport. Transavia has not representation (or so they said) and refused to help travellers or even talk to us. We had a flight from Madrid to Paris on the 14/12 at 15:00, which was announced 2 hours late. We quickly saw it was getting worst, but they then had us wait at the gate, not providing any information. There was no Transavia employees but only the ones from the own airport that would not say anything: "will we even fly? We don't know." We were there until 22:00 at night, they said there will be a flight and suddenly it got cancelled. From 13h30 to 22:00 in an airport for nothing. They told us we would have a flight the next day at 14:00. Already 24h lost on your trip, great. Next day, no flight at 14:00, again no information from Transavia, they did not care to come and talk to us. The flight left at 18:30 with a different company no one never heard about, there was no food or drinks inside the plane as it was not supposed to leave. Over 4 hours late on a flight that was scheduled the day before. They gave us a 3,5€ voucher for food that was not even working in Madrid! And refuse to compensate us for the second flight, which was 4 hours late on the scheduled hour. We basically arrived with 27 hours late on the original schedule, getting in Paris at 20:00 on a Friday instead of 17:00 on a Thursday. Yes they are cheap, but it also comes with these negative sides. I would rather spend a bit more money and not waste my whole holidays for an incompetent, terrible company. Will not recommend to fly with them to anyone.
RouteMadrid to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2017

"ground staff is rude at best"

Verified Review | I can confirm the problems with the Paris Orly airport reported by fellow travellers. Ground staff is rude at best, and I recommend to avoid this route at all cost. In particular, I would like to remark their very inconsistent policy with regards to hand luggage; while other passengers (including my friends) could get into the plane without a problem with a purse and a correct suitcase, others were charged 40€ quite arbitrarly, for purses or laptop bags that have been allowed in the past without any further issue. This is not only abusive, but it is done without warning and for quite petty reasons. I've flown Transavia 20+ times, and never encountered this kind of problems thus I recomment to avoid departure from Paris Orly at all cost.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteParis Orly to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2017

"make Ryanair look like Qatar Airways"

Verified Review | Flight and staff from Dublin to Orly couldn't have gone better. Was going to write a nice review until I encountered the staff at Orly on return flight. Rude! Shouting at people! Questioning why I had 4 bags with me (for 4 people!) Complaining that the bags were oversized when they were well inside the designated dimensions. Didn't interact with flight crew on return but they seemed annoyed with everyone and every question / request. The airline was picked by a travel agent as part of a package trip. I'd never heard of them before and was apprehensive based on other reviews. I can hand on heart say they make Ryanair look like Qatar Airways.
RouteParis Orly to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Avoid Transavia at all costs"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Tunis. I checked in online and avoided waiting forever, only to be be told at the gate that my cabin size luggage was too big to go on the plane by 0.5 cm. (It is a cabin size approved luggage, which has come with me on all kinds of different flights, wether it was Tunisair or Ryanair). The staff member was rude to everyone, for no apparent reason, and was yelling at us. People were complaining as most of them were traveling to go on vacation and didn’t need to be yelled at by a stranger. The plane left late, and my luggage would have easily been able to fit in the overhead compartment, but I had to wait at luggage claim instead. Avoid Transavia at all costs! They are horrible.
RouteParis Orly to Tunis