Vote Now

Transavia

"prepare for the worst service"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amsterdam. If you book with Transavia, prepare yourself for the worst service. When you ask the staff to order a drink, you get the answer 'We'll be passing by with our food and drink service soon'. Read 50 minutes later. They don't tell you in advance when they have to wait 2 hours in a plane for a stopover as they couldn't land in the Netherlands because of a storm, although they had this information before taking off. While the total trip was already 9 hours, and including the delay 11 hours, the only compensation was a cup of tea or coffee. On my way back I took Qatar Airways for also a very reasonable price. Difference in service was huge: very convenient seats, able to charge your mobile during the flight, view movies, smiling staff.
RouteDubai to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"did not fit into that seat"

Verified Review | Munich to Tel Aviv. Many friends would expect me to start my review with the words: You get what you pay for. I'd love to but indeed Transavia does not even give you what you paid or would pay for. Instead they cancel flights on short notice changing your holiday plans (two more days in Israel), change planes, but do not update the prepaid extra leg room seats (no, they just become standard seats: your problem), - are not even able to sell hot drinks on board or have water in the toilets, because obviously somebody forgot to have fresh water loaded onto the plane prior to departure. The flight "experience" was still funny though. Cabin crew telling me I cannot use the (completely empty) first row, because these seats would have cost 5€ more than the exit seat I booked but didn't get. Perhaps they were too busy handing out free bottles of water to passengers visiting the lavatories. I have no clue where Transavia ordered the seats, but they were definitely not built for the average European person. I'm not too tall at 1,87m, but still did not fit into that seat. Neither did my seat neighbor from Israel. Although he was a nice person I'd rather not have been in contact with his leg for the whole duration (4 hrs) of the flight. Additionally you are forced to put your carry on luggage under the seat in front of you, which takes away the last chance to move your feet anywhere. Just have a look at the picture attached. I would recommend Transavia to children and people below 1,60m, who also have absolutely no expectations (hot drinks, toilets, etc.) of a flight.
RouteMunich to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"waiting was really uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Eindhoven to Munich. Our Transavia flight was two hours delayed. We recognized about that on the time of actual departure. The staff on the info point wasn't polite. Nobody was willing to help us further or tell us something on the time of departure. The waiting on the airport was really uncomfortable and this could have been avoided by earlier communication.
RouteEIN to MUC
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"seats are not comfortable"

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Oslo with Transavia. The aircraft was showing its age, not very clean, seats are not comfortable either. Departure and arrival were on time so quite punctual in timing. Crew members were smiling and doing the necessary. Food and drinks must be purchased, there is no free food or drink, few passengers were unaware of this and got into a little discussion with the crew.
RouteORY to OSL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"for price it was a great flight"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Rotterdam. I got a ticket to Rotterdam for 80 euros, when most airlines had the same ticket for 180 euros so that is very good in itself. There were no delays, no problems at check in (I had only a carry on). They were strict about each passenger having only one bag, but I did not see them measuring too many suitcases to see if they fit the standard. I am almost sure I could recline the seats, which is great for a low cost, and the leg space was perfect (I am 180cm tall). Its a low cost, so dont expect super high quality, but for the price it was a great flight.
RouteBCN to RTM
Date FlownDecember 2016

"messed up the seats"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Paris Orly to Lisbon with Transavia. This low cost flight is not worth it. One hour delay, we couldn't take our hand bags in the cabin. They also messed up the seats, so I could not travel with my friends. The cabin crew are unpolite, and get mad at passengers that are complaining about their bad service.
RouteORY to LIS
Date FlownNovember 2016

"don't take the risk"

Verified Review | Don't take the risk of flying with Transavia. They cancelled my flight from Amsterdam to Paris Orly 12 hours before take-off. They said that they would refund my ticket. Several emails went unanswered, information which they requested was sent three different times, more emails went unanswered. Contacted them via their Facbook page and tried again two more times to resolve the issue. Four months later, still no refund. I had to use a third party to get my money back. Transavia is hands down the worst customer service I have ever encountered in the airline industry. I'd rate a zero, but the website doesn't allow it.
RouteAMS to ORY
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Won't choose them again"

Verified Review | Booked Transavia for the first time from Amsterdam to Barcelona. Choose the Max Fare because according to them have a luggage allowance and you can choose your seat. The flight was delayed 1hr, the aircraft was old and uncomfortable. On arrival to Barcelona, after waiting for my bag never came through the belt. Had to go to the lost bag counter to complain. Been told that they will inform me in few hours. When the bag was finally found later in the same day I had to pay a taxi to go back to the airport because the airline won't deliver the bag in that day and I was leaving to a business trip outside Barcelona in the next morning. Dint know why they have a premium fare if you go get anything out of it. Plus the bags don't even arrive on the same flight! Won't choose them again!
RouteAMS to BCN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"no available information or staff"

Arrived to Dublin Airport, no information on my 0740 flight displaying - I contacted a Dublin airport staff member via the complimentary phone. I requested to speak to a Transavia member of staff; I was told they are not accepting calls. However, she was very helpful in providing me with information; Transavia flight was delayed by one hour but they didn't want to display a delay so just displayed a new time with a different flight number. She also informed me the flight would be delayed by two hours and this would be explained at the gate. My issues with the company are numerous : incorrect information - no available information or staff - the carrier was switched to another provider. And so on.
RouteDUB to CDG

"not what we paid for"

Paris Orly to Sevilla. Reservation made on Transavia for a family of 5 pax. Flight TO3106 on 26 Oct. On departure date, aircraft changed to a 25 years old Airbus A320 instead of more modern Transavia Boeing 738. In addition, flight operated by a small charter airline called Smart Lynx. Not what we paid for and not the same level of service. Pitiful.
RouteORY to SVQ