Transaero Airlines

Review by (Ukraine) 1st June 2015

I was on a short hop from Kiev to Moscow. They called it discount class flight. The price tag was well over what Aeroflot and other legacy carriers asked but I needed to be late night at Domodedovo so bought it. The check in was polite but was informed about recent hand baggage rules change: they demanded to pack my backpack into a hold bag and to proceed to a plane with laptop bag only. When onboard was shocked with the seat pitch. Ryanair looks generous after that overcrowded accommodation. You have literally no room to seat plus passengers can recline leaving you no room even to move. The snack service was pathetic with peace of bread in plastic. Crew were polite but not up to other airlines standards. The plane was old. The toilet was smelly. Deplaning in Moscow was via bus. I used to be their loyalty program active user so accumulated some miles. Trying to used them I was unable to book reward ticket via website. This option leads you to a error message on the payment page. Overall overpriced and substandard. Not recommended.

Review by (Israel) 27th May 2015

Jan 2015. From TLV-VKO-ALA / TSE-VKO-TLV. All flights on B737-800 but the last flight to TLV onboard B767-300. Food is really pathetic I'm usually not picky with airline food but this time all 4 segments were awful in quantity and quality. Flight attendant mostly nice and accommodating. The flight from VKO to ALA was on a brand new B737-800 with IFE and WIFI so it was much fun all the rest 3 segments were without IFE. Seats are leather and quite comfortble. Flights departed mostly on time despite de-icing in every station but TLV. Fare was good VKO airport new and welcoming. All in all a good deal.

Review by (United States) 4th April 2015

I flew from FCO to VKO and back. The plane was a relatively new 737-800. Seats had a surprising amount of legroom. Both flights were on time but one of them used a bus instead of a jetway. No IFE but the flight was 3.5 hours so it wasn't a problem. Food was decent. Both flights were on time.

Review by (China) 9th March 2015

PEK-VKO-TLV-VKO-PEK flew with a premium economy seat. Online check-in was a bit painful due to age old software but the airline staff at the counter were excellent to resolve the issue and made a smooth check-in for us and offered an emergency exit seat. I knew before hand about the poor in-flight entertainment so I carried an iPad with several movies and music in it. Cabin crew were on par with other airlines and spoke very little English which wasn't an issue at all. No wine or alcohol being served in the cabin but the generous flow of fruit juices candies and chocolates made my travel bit comfortable. I would definitely fly them again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (United States) 18th February 2015

LAX to VKO and back in premium economy class. No inflight entertainment (unless you are willing to pay $40-50 for portable player) and no duty free shopping. Water is not served often only two time during 11 hr flight. Restrooms were gross. The flight from Moscow was even worse. The check-in line was insane since it was the check in line for all the passengers flying to the USA (LA NYC and Miami). Also the flight was delayed about 3 hr. The airline didn't bother communicating this information to the passengers the screen at the airport was showing boarding during the whole time. Some passengers behavior was very uncivilized. Cheap ticket - cheap service. Planes are very old.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

Was sold a premium economy seat for the first leg of my journey (Beijing to Moscow) but when boarding noticed that I had been allocated an economy seat. After enquiring with one of the stewards was told that there are no premium economy seats on that flight.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

LHR-VKO-LHR. Outbound delayed for over 3 hours next to no information given as to why. On board truly miserable service the 'food' was almost tossed out and accompanied by soft drinks only. After clearing the food no further sign of the crew until landing. Return leg was an almost empty plane but service still at best robotic with only one drinks run in the 4 hour flight. If this is 'most improved' on the skytrax rankings I shudder to think what it was before. Go with easyjet to Russia you may have to pay for food and drinks but you can at least choose something edible and have a more pleasant experience.

Review by (Australia) 28th October 2014

16.10.2014 Yekaterinburg to Bangkok. Our flight was scheduled at 0.40 AM in the morning and it was delayed to 1.20 AM due to late arrival of airplane from Bangkok. We found seats very tight my husband is 1.80m tall and he struggled to move. Impossible to stretch his legs at all. Food was alright nothing spectacular. Cabin staff work well but not one of them speaks English - if not for my help my English speaking husband would not able to ask for a glass of water. There is no entertainment for foreigners - only movies in Russian. No individual PTV screens only big screens hanging from the ceiling therefore you can not select a movie. Was very hot in the cabin. In general flight was okay got us to Bangkok main problem was the tight seats.

Review by (United States) 1st September 2014

I have flown for over 50 years and have been to more than 60 countries this is the worst airline I have ever flown on. The gate attendant asked us to give up our seats (window aisle and aisle seats) for a family wanting to sit together and if we did they would upgrade us. To our surprise our new seats were in the middle of the middle row at the back of the plane. The inflight entertainment computer left me with little foot room while blowing hot air on my feet. The IFE for everyone on the flight was out of order. All food and beverages (other than coffee or tea) was room temp. Only one alcoholic beverage (wine only) for the flight was allowed this was served with your dinner. No ice for drinks. I tried to move to one of the last two rows (18 seats) that were empty but I was not allowed due to fact that 4 flight attendants were sleeping. The flight attendants locked the bathroom by the galley for their own use. The other bathrooms ran out of toilet paper and degraded into something worse than a porta john after an outdoor concert on a 100 degree day. After some time a flight attendant brought 2 rolls of TP for 6 bathrooms and gave the rolls to the last person in line. The flight attendants somehow could not understand English if you asked a question but they could speak English if they demanded something from you.

Review by (Austria) 13th July 2014

My LH flight VKO-FRA (continuing to VIE) was cancelled and so I was rebooked on Transaero on a direct flight to VIE. Had low expectations but was totally caught by surprise when I entered the pretty new 737-800: Their C-class is a real C-class with 2-2 seat configuration perfect seat pitch lunch menu and utmost pleasant and friendly service. I took Japanese rolls as a starter and a grilled seabass as main course. Food looked appealing and tasted delicious. Entertainment was low but on a 3 hours flight not an issue - at least not for me. Will be definitely an option for future flights to Moscow and beyond.