Tigerair Australia

"flight was cancelled"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Today my group of 23 people booked a trip with Tigerair TT229 Sydney to Melbourne, the flight was cancelled. Staff Tigerair at the airport did not take care of the customers. Lack of responsibility, and would not help us book other flight. Please do not fly with Tigerair.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2018

"people making outrageous complaints"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Poor staff had to put up with terrible abuse pre boarding at gate re customers luggage being over 7kg. Staff continued to be supportive and patient with people making outrageous complaints due to their carry on baggage being over 7kg. Congrats girls for what was an obvious abuse of you
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"Dreadful, never again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. I don't know why I keep flying this terrible airline. This is the second time they have cancelled a flight on me. I was book to travel on 3 July from Sydney to Brisbane. I was in Canberra and had to drive to sydney to catch my flight. I received a text from the airline to say that my flight was cancelled due to technical problems with the aircraft. The call centre told me that i had two options, a flight to Sydney on the 5th, or a flight to the Gold Coast on the day. Picked the latter because i did not want to pay accomodation charges in Australia's most expensive city. I mentioned to a member of Tigerair staff at the kiosk at Sydney airport that I had been bumped off the flight. Her reply "why do you keep flying on this airline". Hardly filled me with confidence. It took me two hours by public transport to get to Brisbane Domestic airport to pick up my car. Dreadful, never again.
RouteSydney to Brisbane

"completely dissatisfied"

Not Verified | We were booked to travel on the 30 June to Brisbane from Melbourne going for our nephews wedding in the afternoon. We booked our tickets on the 20th May. Our flight was at 7am. We were travelling on the 30th June and returning the next day 1st July. We booked parking at the airport and arrived around 5.30am for the flight. The airline has cancelled he flight. They had sent an email about 12.30am saying the flight was cancelled. The airport agents were rude and unprofessional and said to book another flight ourselves. This is completely unacceptable and many people like us were stranded. This airline has got no customer service or sympathy to its passengers. We are completely dissatisfied as we missed a family wedding and ruined our weekend with family and friends.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2018

"The flight was canceled"

Trip Verified | Perth to Melbourne. Horrible my child's first flights delayed twice at 1am in the morning, then canceled until later in the afternoon. Left heaps of people with having to sort out accommodation cost for a few hours and travel cost back home and also the cost of parking for waiting for so long. They did promise to reimburse some accommodation only if you live out of metro area. You pay first then they pay you back after 7 days min. The flight was canceled and the sign below says it all. Pay the extra cash people to get a better air company who will look after you.
RoutePerth to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2018

"Never flying here again"

Not Verified | The flight was cancelled from Sydney to Brisbane and we went to the airport to get more information. The front desk staff was rude and not trained properly to handle customers in a stressful situation. She merely said today's flight (Sunday) has been cancelled and next flight is on Tuesday. As an airline staff member there should be a bit more compassion from the staff towards customers even if it's a budget airline. Customer service is horrible. Never flying here again. Cheap flights means cheap service and use of cheap attitude and language by staff.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2018

"dispensed with good customer service"

Trip Verified | A regular flyer with Tigerair on the Sydney-Adelaide route, I presented myself at the automatic boarding pass machine at the departure terminal at Kingsford-Smith Airport domestic terminal at 08.01 am for a scheduled 08.45 am departure on Tuesday 12th June 2018. I had no baggage to check-in and normally would have downloaded a boarding pass prior to arriving at the airport so as to avoid contact with this airline's arrogant and rude ground staff. The automatic boarding machine told me that check-in was closed, so I spoke to the female at the start of the Tigerair check-in race who told me that check-in was closed and that I could not fly that day but could get onto a flight on Wednesday for an additional fee of $85. Given that I had no check-in baggage and would normally not even present myself at this counter, I stood my ground and was eventually given a boarding pass. I dashed to Gate 57 to find that the lounge was still full of customers and believe it or not, the aircraft to service the flight had not yet arrived at the gate. The aircraft arrived at 08.15 am and the arriving passengers commenced disembarkation at 08.22 am. Boarding for my flight commenced at 08.32 am. I believe that an unethical method is being used by Tigerair to scam timid customers into paying an additional fee under such circumstances when in the 'olden days' good customer service would have seen a boarding pass issued given that there was no reason not to do so on the part of the airline. Tigerair is a low cost airline, which according to its latest propaganda on page 5 of it's 'tigertales' magazine provides 'value, choice and innovation'. But in the scramble to make money it has dispensed with good customer service and employs arrogant and rude ground staff to intimidate customers. Sometimes it is better to pay a bit more to fly on a competitor, but always stand up for your rights as a paying customer!
RouteSydney to Adelaide
Date FlownJune 2018

"nothing positive to say"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. I think there is nothing positive to say about this airline (only cheap flights that can be much more expensive than you think). Cancelled flight 2 hours before departure! Next flight offered two days later (it was supposed to be weekend away). No effort made to even try to check with other airlines to book another flight. Paid airport car park from Friday night and paid that day for nothing (flight cancelled by them not by me but no refund offered) and next day I booked flight through Virgin Australia that had cost me extra $200. If anyone who is reading this post and wants to have without hassles and stress don't choose Tugerair. They are useless and unfriendly with no compassion and no effort to help their customers.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Perth. We were basically dumped at Melbourne airport after our flight was redirected due to poor weather in Perth, with only 2 choices either take a flight back to Sydney and find our own way to Perth or take a refund and also make our own way to Perth. There was no help on the ground, 1 staff trying to deal with 150 plus people that were understandably very upset. We had to take the refund option and then pay $2000 to a fly to Perth with Qantas. No help at all on the ground or trying to help people make other arrangements. It’s not good enough to leave people stranded tourists, old people and we also had young children ourselves. I would expect a full refund of the fair to Perth and a reimbursement of a Tigerair fair to Perth with such short notice. To leave people stranded is very unfair and terrible customer service.
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownJune 2018

"cheap is not always better"

Not Verified | Never have I encountered a more poorly run airline. Our flight got cancelled due to bad weather conditions, which I can agree is a good call to make if it’s dangerous to fly. What amazes me by this though is that no effort was made by any of the team at Tiger Air to get us on a new flight. After doing my own research I found I could get a flight through Virgin or Qantas leaving 3 hours later but was going to cost me almost double in price to get it as it was a last minute flight. Flights cancel all the time, there is no stopping that. How the airline chose to deal with ‘paying back’ their customers, sending out random emails telling them they are lucky winners and can board the next available flight free of charge, while everyone else just goes home is just ridiculous. I learned as I walked away from the airport with all my luggage and missing the biggest competition of my career is that, cheap is not always better.
RoutePerth to Sydney