Vote Now

Tigerair Australia

"extra kgs over their 40kg limit"

Verified Review | Gold Coast to Sydney. Very disappointed with Tigerair Australia baggage policy and will never fly again with them. I was on a flight to Sydney to catch a connecting intercontinental flight. I had two pieces of luggage over 20kgs and when I checked in was told not to worry that i would be given consideration and a solution would be found (as on line one can only add and pay for extra 8kg only). Finally on top of the 60AUD ticket and another 30 dollars for an extra piece of luggage, Tigerair charged me 320AUD for extra kgs over their 40kg limit at check in. Customer service was no better and four months later told me that its my fault. No customer respect.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2016

"unprofessional, money grabbing vulture"

Verified Review | Hobart to Melbourne. My how the worm turns from being a beneficial symbiotic relationship to a greedy, unprofessional, money grabbing vulture. This ultra LCC really needs to justify it's existence. Incompetent, rude and full of self-importance, this airline has one flight each day from Hobart to Melbourne. No other destination from the Capital City of Tasmania is offered. Communication and Customer Service are foreign words to these amateur fabulosi. As quick as taking a glimpse over your shoulder, these fools will change the rules and leave you hanging without any means of transport! The score I give is only because I cannot give a negative rating: such a pity. Never again. I have a choice of three other airlines, and I will gladly share my hard earned dollars with them.
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew were friendly and efficient"

Verified Review | Very good experience with Tigerair from Sydney to Melbourne. Flight was on time and ground staff friendly. Cabin crew were friendly and efficient and onboard food and beverages was competitively priced. I wouldn't hesitate in flying Tigerair next time I travel within Australia.
Date FlownDecember 2016

"definitely better than Jetstar"

Verified Review | Sydney to Melbourne. Great experience, flight left on time and landed on time! Boarded the aircraft promptly, aircraft was in good condition, cabin crew were pleasant and overall the flight was definitely better than that of a Jetstar flight. I would use Tiger Australia again for that reason!
Date FlownDecember 2016

"refund should be provided"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Melbourne. Poor customer service from Tigerair Australia. The flight was cancelled due to "poor weather" even though there was no rain in in both departure and arrival cities. No refund was provided, only a credit which lasted 6 months, which is impractical for people who do not travel often. If the flight is cancelled, a full refund should be provided by the airline.
RouteADL to MEL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"don't fly with Tigerair"

Verified Review | Cairns to Brisbane on Tigerair Australia. Scheduled departure at 3.25pm. Delay info at 9:00am (delay 75 mins due to "Crew requirements"). Arriving at the airport at 1:40pm, info about further delay of total 3 hours 15 mins due to "Engineering requirements". No Tigerair agent at the airport. Hotline only offers to change the flight to a later one, but no cancellation. We decide to fly with Virgin at 4:30 pm and ask Tigerair to cover our additional cost. Tigerair rejects. We ask Airline Customer Advocate to assist. Tigerair offers a flight credit in the amount of the tickets purchased, valid for 6 months. Info that we don't plan any further flights and that they should credit the amount to our credit card. Tigerair rejects. Second flight (already booked and paid) from Sydney to Melbourne delayed by 2,5 hours! Better don't fly with Tigerair.
RouteCNS to BNE
Date FlownNovember 2016

"231 dollars for one luggage"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Sydney to Melbourne. I apparently had not paid for a check in luggage (my fault, no problem) but when I got to the airport they charge me with AUS $231 dollars for only one luggage. The ticket itself cost 75, guess how that makes their customers feel. I do blame myself for not purchasing this myself beforehand, but I deeply regret choosing Tigerair now that I know this is "how they get you". I will travel a lot in Australia and will actively avoid scheduling more flights with this company.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"were smiling and efficient"

Verified Review | Perth to Sydney. Queue at check-in was short and ground staff friendly. The seat looked a bit old, but otherwise was rather comfortable. For once managed to catch a little bit of sleep (I usually do not manage to). Impressed with the diversity of the cabin crew and they were smiling and efficient. For a budget airline departing late at night and arriving ahead of schedule, that was impressive. Decent value of money and I would say their level of service is superior to their Singapore counterparts.
RoutePER to SYD
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff friendly and smiling"

Verified Review | Flew SYD-MEL-SYD with Tigerair with mixed outcomes. The was the first time flying Tiger after a very unpleasant experience in 2005 in Singapore. For SYD-MEL while waiting in the boarding lounge a Tigerair staffer approached me asking if I’d like priority boarding and an exit row seat at no cost. Gratefully accepted, but 10 minutes before the scheduled departure, no aircraft had arrived. It was obvious we would be late departing. After boarding, we all sat like dummies to be told after a period that the flight would not be leaving for 45 minutes as we’d lost our place in the queue for take-off. The 0845 departure became 0940. Priority boarding is a waste under such circumstances. Inflight service was fine, and the staff friendly and smiling. The food and drinks are competitively priced. MEL-SYD began boarding at 1800 for an 1825 departure. Again, once boarded we were told that bad weather in Sydney had delayed arrivals and departures and we’d be held captive for an hour so Sydney air traffic could be sorted. It’s not Tigerair’s fault, but why were we boarded and why were we kept on the plane when we could have returned to the boarding lounge. Finally push back was 1905 and the uneventful flight landed in Sydney 30 minutes late at 2029. Again, the cabin crew were friendly, smiling and made very clear announcements.
Date FlownAugust 2016

"great experience"

First time flying with Tigerair Australia on a short weekend trip to Brisbane from Sydney. Early flight out of Sydney on Friday morning with easy hassle free boarding at domestic terminal. No carry on bag weight check. Short delay in take off - due to airport issues not airline. Good flight up to Brisbane, pretty full plane, in flight snacks/beverages offered, staff friendly, good landing and disembarkation. Great experience. Return leg late Sunday, easy check in at terminal, all carry on luggage checked/weighed at gate, easy boarding, great flight to Syd, very quick easy disembarkation. Very happy with the overall standard and service on ground an in air with Tiger.
RouteSYD to BNE