Thomson Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

We recently travelled on TOM7654. The aircraft appeared to be new and had funky lighting. Seat pitch on this type of aircraft is adequate and the service offered was proffesional and polite. The snack offerings do seem quite expensive, but the drink prices are on par with other airlines we have flown with who don't offer complimentary drinks. What was disappointing was the behaviour of a group of middle aged women, who thought it was acceptable to shout, scream and chant for the whole journey, the crew did try and reprimand the group several times but to no avail. It just resulted in child like hushing and then more shouting. The group also turned on the crew after landing. I would happily fly this airline again, but if this is the sort of customer Thomson is attracting I think I'd have to look elsewhere.
RouteEMA to ALC

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

Booked our flights 6 months in advance. We were immediately placed on Norwegian Airways. Tried for 6 months to book our seats, no luck. Backwards and forwards by both airlines. We were flying out on our honeymoon, ended up being separated. Submitted a complaint prior to flight, no point, as Thomson only responded long after we returned from our holiday. The response: sorry, but congratulations on your marriage. Why did we pay the same amount for seats as everyone else, but did not have the same benefit of booking our seats as most could. Never again.
RouteGatwick to Chania

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th June 2015

Myself and my family flew from Cardiff to Palma on 5th june, during some turbulence my granddaughter spilled hot chocolate over herself. Immediately, one of the cabin crew took charge of the situation, calmly and efficiently treating my granddaughter with gel packs. She was kind and I have nothing but oraise for her. For the rest of the flight she checked on my granddaughtet regularly we were all very grateful for her help.
RouteCardiff to Palma

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd June 2015

Outbound Seats 29A/B, return Seats 4A/B. Very happy with both sets of seats on pitch and width. Staff very slow both ways in providing food and drink for a 3 hour flight, also they do not seem to stock enough food for both ways. Both out and return the aircraft had in flight entertainment fitted but used for flight map only, it would have been nice to have a film. Thomson seem to be reluctant to invoke their own conditions on seating rules, there was at least one passenger who did not comply and I felt very sorry for the person who had to sit next to them.
RouteStandsted to Corfu

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd June 2015

The queue at Glasgow and Rhodes was completely inacceptable. Queued for nearly 2 hours at Rhodes, rep said this is a weekly occurence. Nearly a riot when Glasgow passengers called forward from passengers who had been queuing for 2 hours. Spoke to harassed Thomson staff at Glasgow who said they were sick of getting it in the neck daily.
RouteGlasgow to Rhodes

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th June 2015

Having flown with Thomson as a regular customer, I travelled on the Dreamliner for the first time. The plane itself seemed larger than normal with more head height and seats had more leg room than standard planes. The on-board choice of entertainment was good with a large selection of movies and games. Refreshments and food were all included in the travel price, which made it easier than usual. Despite this I found the staff's uniform fairly casual, as all staff had different attire, and did not have standardised hair or uniform. On the returning flight, staff professionalism was much worse than on out bound flight, as staff were regularly making comments that they were hungry whilst serving customers, needed a break etc. Whilst one member of the crew even decided to apply her lipstick whilst serving a customer drinks! I feel the quality of the planes themselves have improved, although the staff professionalism and dress code should be analysed.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteLondon Gatwick to Punta Cana

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

I haven't even got on the plane yet and I can already advise you not to book your flights / holiday with Thomson. As a family of 2 adults and 1 under 2 year old they have positioned us in separate seats both on the flight out there and on the way back. This seems like a clear plan to ensure families pay an extra £19.99 per person to move so they can be next to each other. Along with that the online check in will not let you move one person next to the other (even with a vacant seat) but to gain maximum money from you they make you move both seats. On call their customer services we were lied to (we out witted them) on several occasions and once each lie was proved they would come up with a different excuse as to why we were given the seats we were in. I will never book a holiday with Thomson again and would advise you not to do so either, worse than the economy air lines for extra charges.
RouteGatwick to Heraklion

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

TOM2560, 22/5/15. I hope I don't have to fly with Thomson ever again. When we arrived for our flight just over 2 hours before we were due to take off, the queue for the check in desks in the airport was already out of the departure area and up a corridor where we blocked the path of people arriving back in Manchester. It became apparent that Thomson had several full flights all departing at a similar time so we all had to form one queue for 10 check in desks. I have never seen such a big queue for check in desks. It took so long to check in that we barely had time to grab a pre-packed sandwich in the departure lounge before we had to board and with 2 small children at 7am, it was no fun at all.

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

Flew to Lanzarote (TOM7414) and (TOM7415) from EMA to ACE, 10th July 2014. Modern fleet of 737, 757, 767 and 787 aircraft for both short and long haul flights. Customer service is excellent and in-flight eatery menu is very good! Staff on-board and in the airport are more smartly dressed and provide an excellent service.
RouteTo Lanzarote (TOM7414) and (TOM7415) from EMA to ACE

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2015

Flew LGW(N) to Alicante 02/05/15 returning 16/05/15. We are both disabled travellers but love to travel and do so whenever we can without assistance but this time for my wife we did request assistance none offered at Gatwick? Flight out on time and OK. Our return flight was delayed by a few hours due to a passenger who had been drinking all night back in Gatwick. We were in row 8 and by the time the trolley got to us they were already out of bacon rolls and other goodies. One of the cabin crew were very unhelpful and didn't care what we all thought and like many of you state I believe its because they already have your money. Another cabin crew member did try to help but she was in the minority. Overall Thomson weren't worth the money not for the flights nor their accommodation in our case. The aircraft was old and tired as were the crew to be honest. Flying BA now so 23 kgs and on board food and drinks at no extra cost.