Best Cabin Crew

Thomson Airways

"seat pitch is very good"

We travelled on the Dreamliner to Cancun and Birmingham with Thomson Airways. The seat pitch is very good in economy with a 3-3-3 configuration and although the overhead luggage are very spacious and plentiful, you have to be careful that nobody is standing underneath them when you open them, or else you will hit them. There are not enough toilets in economy class with only 4 between over 200 passengers resulting in constant queues, a major headache for people sitting near them especially the extra leg room seats. When we took off, the air conditioning vents that run along the side of the cabins, started to drip. The cabin staff were handing out paper towels to stuff on the vents and on looking along the cabin there were a lot up there already, so obviously a major problem. Inflight entertainment was ok but not very new films offered.
RouteBHX to CUN

"what a crush"

Just returned from Thomson Airways return flight from Manchester to Barbados on the Dreamliner. On first impressions on flight out plane looked good. My husband and I chose centre row aisle and middle seat, thinking we could then get in and out without disturbing anyone. There may be more leg room but not wide enough. Neither of us are big people, what a crush. Very disappointed. Service and food as expected on a plane. Toilets dreadful. There may be more room in cubicle but certainly not enough of them for the amount of people. The one I had to use had a lid that would not stay up and dropped onto my back and the toilet automatically flushed whilst I was attempting to use it. This was both unhygenic and very difficult to use. To get to the other toilet you had to pass through the stewards kitchen/rest area at the back of the plane which was curtained off. When I asked if the toilet was out of order I was told "no". There was an obvious problem with that toilet for at least two weeks because it was the same on the way out and return flight. It's a plane for long haul flights they should have more toilets and offer free water to drink. They also ran out of coffee, tea and drinking chocolate on the first drinks run. Would only recommend this plane if they made a few improvements.
RouteMAN to BGI

"forget all the hype"

Cancun to Manchester on Thomson Airways B787 Dreamliner - this aircraft should have been called the sardineliner. Forget all the hype - they still shoe horn you in your seat and slap a nice review of how much legroom you've got. On takeoff, in the window seats water drips down from a corrugated air channel above your head and you can actually see were people have stuffed paper towels into the vents. As for the mood lighting and bigger dimming windows I don't understand the hype. Inflight entertainment and free drinks but Thomson pale into insignificance compared to Virgin - I hope I never have to fly on sardinliner ever again.
RouteCUN to MAN

"I would recommend it"

Birmingham to Bridgetown with Thomson Airways. Journey out very good. Comfortable seats, we were in the 3rd row. Drinks were offered often, and lunch and tea were fine. Cabin staff were attentive and cheerful. Films etc were fine and flight went smoothly and was on time. Journey back was not the same. The cabin staff were ok but very scruffy uniform appearance. There was spilt water or condensation on galley floor and no staff effort to mop it up. The dinner meal was good but breakfast possibly the worst I have had, with undercooked bacon and sausage. I found the B787 pressurisation makes a difference and the mood lighting is good. The cabin is light, tall, and airy. Overall I would recommend it but some cabin crew need extra customer care training and pride in the job.
RouteBHX to BGI
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"disappointed with Boeing 787"

Gatwick to Montego Bay. I was looking forward to flying on this Boeing 787 but was disappointed. Seats in economy are good until the person in front puts their seat back, forcing you to put yours back causing a domino effect all the way back. Thomson advertise free inflight drinks but we only had 2 on a 10 hour flight, and couldn't even buy them unless you buy a bottle of champagne.
RouteLGW to MBJ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"entertainment the poorest selection"

Our Thomson Airways return flight from Mauritius was not good, firstly the staff did not appear to care, the food was thrown onto our tables, the breakfast was rubbery scrambled egg, the next meal got even worse 6 hours later - Chicken with potatoes and veg, and the food was overcooked. The entertainment was the poorest selection of programmes I have ever had - the music channels were even worse. 12 hours in very cramped seats was no joke, No water offered, you have to scramble by everyone and go to the back of the aircraft in order to get a drink. The Boeing 787 has been totally spoilt by Thomsons, every space possible has been crammed with seats, the aisles are narrow, the walking areas restricted, short on toilets and staff.
RouteMRU to LGW

"crew were truly grumpy"

This was our third time out to Cancun and the second time on the Boeing 787. I think I have flown more than enough with other airlines to realise that by now, the 787 is hyped up somewhat; to me, it is just another aircraft. We flew Thomson Airways Premium Economy both sectors and it truly was a journey of two halves. Outbound, about 50 mins late getting into the air as the aircraft still had to be re-fuelled. Once airborne, we settled into the flight and no complaints at all. The crew were great, food edible, plenty to drink and we made up most of the time lost. I think it put most people in that 'our holiday has started here' mood, which was how holiday flights used to be. Coming home was a completely different affair. On checking in at Cancun, we were given a piece of paper from Thomson stating that the incoming flight originated in Sweden and therefore, no duty free or bar services will be offered. Very sorry and all that. We were 90 minutes late getting into the air and the crew were truly grumpy. When this happens, the passengers tend to react quite badly too. If I recall correctly, only one drinks service, no soft drinks offered with the main meal which was not the best airline meal I have ever tasted. And that was about that until breakfast was served about 90 mins before landing in Manchester. On the plus side, we had quite a tail wind behind us and we landed almost on time but we had to be bussed to the terminal. I am not too sure that Premium Economy is always value for money; leg room good but seats still too narrow. I'll rate the journey as 5/10 for the outward leg and 2/10 for the return. Quilts are offered on night flights, I have seen thicker nappies!
RouteMAN to CUN

"was a good flight"

(Sweden)

Flew Thomson Airways from Stockholm to Cancun this christmas with my family. The airplane was clean and felt fresh. Boarding was swift and without delays. The seats were nice, as far as economy seats go. After take off, the cabin service started and progressed at a decent pace. The dinner was really good and the personal in-flight entertainment systems was great. The flight was quite full so it was fairly loud but nothing out of the ordinary. FA's did their work well. Only real negative was the poor breakfast that was offered, sort of a pasta salad that really wasn't something I'd like for breakfast. All in all, it was a good flight. For an economy ticket, there was a surprisingly large amount of included stuff. I would fly Thomson again.
RouteARN to CUN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"787 details are mostly gimmicks"

Gatwick to Barbados with Thomson Airways. We travelled out in premium economy on the Boeing 787, where service was good and food surprisingly good and plenty of drinks. Seats quite comfortable but in recline with no seat tilt means you tend to slide a lot. On return in economy and what a difference! Leg room good, but seat narrow and not comfortable. Fortunately person next to me was quite small, hate to think what it would be like with some one large! Why do airlines persist with the 3-3-3 configuration. I know they want to cram as many as they can in, but surely with a bit of thought they could be really inovative and try 2-4-3, same number but would satisfy more grouping of passengers. Food ok but pay for drinks even water. The supposed revolutionary details of this plane are mostly gimmicks - the dimming windows (overruled by crew) are nothing more, the overhead luggage is unusually low so watch your head. The larger windows are hardly noticeable, and unless someone told you they were larger I am sure you would not know. The air may be cleaner but I was not particularly aware. Certainly still get jet lag. So all things considered its just another plane. At leasts its new so not in too bad condition. One final point not enough toilets in economy, never seen such a long queue!
RouteGatwick to Barbados

"service was not bad"

Flight out on Thomson Airways from London to Jamaica was OK despite being delayed on the aircraft for an hour by a passenger who was throwing a strop because he wanted a window seat. Service was not bad, free drink and wine with the usual standard meal. Unfortunately on the way back, despite having paid for a seat, my partner had to move due to the excessively large person sitting next to her taking up most of her seat as well as his own. Airlines really need to address this growing problem, if you are too big to fit in one seat, pay for two.
RouteLGW to MBJ