Thomson Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th July 2015

I normally fly with Virgin, hence I was a little uncertain about the journey. The journey both going and coming home was excellent. The staff were lovely. The pilot gave the passengers info as and when needed. From start to finish I could not fault it. I will travel with Thomson again.
RouteBirmingham to Mexico

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

This is not my first Dreamliner flight however I am at a loss with the hype. Seat pitch is great and previously the inflight entertainment was however not on the June 15. Food OK however biggest gripe was only 2 drinks run for a 12.5hours flight and had I not taken my own drinks I would have been dehydrated. Every visit to the galley staff were on a break and drinks not available or a promise they would be around in 10 mins however they weren't.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Puerto Vallarta

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd July 2015

Just did Florida out and back on Boeing 787, not impressed. Seat 20B, leg room okay, but seat seemed very narrow and I felt squashed (I am a size 14). Toilets were the smallest I have seen on any plane. Staff were great, food just okay.
RouteManchester to Sanford Orlando

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st July 2015

Cabin was hot - staff were curt rather than unfriendly but they lacked any warmth. Circled waiting for wind to drop and then endured an awful landing, had no advance warning of the type of landing to expect. Whilst arline cannot help the weather they can control cabin temperature and keep passngers informed. Return flight was better to be fair but cost us £29 for food and drink which was adequate rather than great quality and many items had run out.
RouteManchester to Maderia

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th July 2015

Not flown with Thomson Airways for quite a while so was a little concerned with the poor reviews. We flew premium cabin to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. From getting on the aircraft we were very happy with the service provided by the cabin crew, they were very helpful at all times. The aircraft itself was excellent, lots of inflight entertainment, very comfortable seats - we were on row 2. Food and drinks were very good, will fly the Dreamliner again.
RouteManchester to Puerto Vallarta

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2015

Read a load of reviews complaining about legroom issues. I'm 6ft 4 and was absolutely fine on the plane. Ok it wasn't the most comfortable I'd been in my life, but it's like sitting on a coach for 4 hours. It's bearable. We had checked in at Birmingham within 20 mins and had an alright flight. Coming back, Dalaman airport was madness! Also, a woman had a panic attack on take off coming back and the crew were good in helping her. I've read these reviews and come to this conclusion though: if you're expecting a silver service, top class flying experience and are measuring Thomson against Singapore airlines, you're going to be let down. Massively. But, if you're realistic then you'll be fine. As I say, 6 foot 4, long legs. I didn't expect masses of legroom, I didn't pay for extra space. I was fine. I was just grateful they didn't lose my bag.
RouteBirmingham to Dalaman

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th July 2015

Excellent aircraft, comfy seats and plenty of food and drinks. Our son who is autistic was petrified and the crew were brilliant in their manner and care for him during the flight. Even the First officer came out to talk to him and reassure him. Got off plane feeling fresh and rested and no usual jetlag feelings. Brilliant all round.
RouteGatwick to Orlando Sanford

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

We recently travelled on TOM7654. The aircraft appeared to be new and had funky lighting. Seat pitch on this type of aircraft is adequate and the service offered was proffesional and polite. The snack offerings do seem quite expensive, but the drink prices are on par with other airlines we have flown with who don't offer complimentary drinks. What was disappointing was the behaviour of a group of middle aged women, who thought it was acceptable to shout, scream and chant for the whole journey, the crew did try and reprimand the group several times but to no avail. It just resulted in child like hushing and then more shouting. The group also turned on the crew after landing. I would happily fly this airline again, but if this is the sort of customer Thomson is attracting I think I'd have to look elsewhere.
RouteEMA to ALC

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

Booked our flights 6 months in advance. We were immediately placed on Norwegian Airways. Tried for 6 months to book our seats, no luck. Backwards and forwards by both airlines. We were flying out on our honeymoon, ended up being separated. Submitted a complaint prior to flight, no point, as Thomson only responded long after we returned from our holiday. The response: sorry, but congratulations on your marriage. Why did we pay the same amount for seats as everyone else, but did not have the same benefit of booking our seats as most could. Never again.
RouteGatwick to Chania

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th June 2015

Myself and my family flew from Cardiff to Palma on 5th june, during some turbulence my granddaughter spilled hot chocolate over herself. Immediately, one of the cabin crew took charge of the situation, calmly and efficiently treating my granddaughter with gel packs. She was kind and I have nothing but oraise for her. For the rest of the flight she checked on my granddaughtet regularly we were all very grateful for her help.
RouteCardiff to Palma