Top 100 Airlines

Thomas Cook Airlines

"crew was very friendly and attentive"

Verified Review | Not sure what people want from Thomas Cook Airlines / Condor Airlines. However, my wife and I got great value for our money. We needed to fly one-way from Great Britain to Orlando, and Thomas Cook was almost half as expensive as virtually every other airline. Reading the online reviews, we were ready for a less than satisfactory experience, but figured the cheap price would make up for it. Because we paid so little for our tickets, I purchased the "priority package" for 15 pounds each, which made checking in and getting through security very easy, and got us on board early so we could put our baggage in the overhead compartment. Definitely worth it. I also purchased seats 9A and 9C (exit row), but for some reason Thomas Cook didn't charge me. Still got the seats. My wife is short, so seat 9A was fine for her and gave her enough leg room, as well as a window. 9C gave me as much leg room as one could ever ask for. The crew was very friendly and attentive. I watched as they greeted every passenger and handed every child a bag with (I assume) some toy. The flight took off on time, and landed early. Can't ask for more than that. The in-flight entertainment system was great. I didn't pay to watch anything as I had my tablet, but the USB power adapter from the system kept me running the entire flight as I binge-watched show after show. I love to keep the flight map up to see where we fly over. Food was pretty good, especially for what I was expecting. They fed us three times - a lunch early in the flight, a mini ice cream cone around mid flight, and a scone / cheese snack around 90 minutes before the end of the flight. We did have to pay for drinks, including water and tea, which is a bit annoying. However, for our seat price it was fine. They did give free coffee a couple of times, but I'm not a coffee drinker. The seat was not very comfortable, but I got up every couple of hours and moved around. By being in seats 9A and 9C near the exit, we got off the plane quickly and made it through customs very quickly. We accidentally left one piece of carry-on luggage aboard, and one of the crew brought it out to us just as we realized we left it. All in all, we were very pleased with Thomas Cook airlines.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMAN to MCO
Date FlownMay 2016

"most uncomfortable flight"

Manchester to Orlando with Thomas Cook Airlines and the most uncomfortable long haul flight. Seats flimsy but hard. Not suitable for long flights. Inflight meals average. Cabin crew not to the standard of other airlines used previously. Other than during the inclusive meal drinks are charged for. Other airlines go the extra mile to ensure you are hydrated throughout with water, juice and will bring it to your seat - Thomas Cook expect you to fetch it if they can be bothered to serve you. Head phones and inflight entertainment charged. All about the money. Will stick to my first choice of Virgin or one of the American Airlines when returning to the USA.
RouteMAN to MCO
Date FlownMay 2016

"sat on the tarmac for 5 hours"

Glasgow to Tenerife South with Thomas Cook Airlines. We were diverted to Fuerteventura on the outbound flight, due to a backlog at Tenerife airport. Sat on the tarmac for 5 hours before continuing on to Tenerife. During this time all we were offered were small cups of luke warm water, and this was only after asking for refreshments. By the time we reached our hotel the dining room was closed. This obviously spoiled our 1st night. Any claim for compensation was refused. Would say I am not going to fly them again, unfortunately had booked to fly to Turkey with them this week.
RouteGLA to TFS
Date FlownNovember 2015

"absolute disgrace"

Absolute disgrace. We have had a flight change to 6am and we are travelling down from Scotland to Manchester for our onward flight to Dalaman. It is nigh on impossible and will spoil our holiday. We paid in Jan for good flight times. We have asked if they can change us to the cheaper Friday flight as it is better flight times. They will only change if we pay £175 per family extra. It's a disgrace when the Friday flights are £24 cheaper than what we paid for our Saturday flights. There are 12 in our party so that would be a saving to them but they say they have to add the going out and coming home flight together and we have to pay the difference. Fine but we are still coming home on the same flight so why should we pay the extra money that it has gone up by? I have sent an email to complaints department. 3 weeks later I have still not heard. This company are certainly are not for their customers. Will never fly with Thomas Cook Airlines again.
RouteMAN to DLM
Date FlownOctober 2015

"cheap until extras were added"

Gatwick to Tenerife South return with Thomas Cook Airlines. Decent and fairly new plane. Innadequate legroom on outbound flight but mysteriously couple of extra inches on return flight. The seat spacing seems inconsistent. Booked in-flight meal for £10 which was okay but small and only included a small cup of tea, still had to purchase more drink which annoyed me. Had to pay extra for and hold baggage which I think should be old-hat now. Flight appeared cheap until all the extras were added. Feel Thomas Cook are trying to sell things to passengers at every twist and turn.
RouteLGW to TFS

"Seating is spacious"

Just flew from Manchester to New York with Thomas Cook and very impressed with the premium offering. Seating is spacious and comfortable, and crew were attentive and pleasant. The IFE was good considering the price paid, and the food served was more satisfactory than I had imagined. All in all, yes there are certain elements that could certainly be upscaled, but for the price paid I believe Thomas Cook have a fantastic offering on this route.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMAN to JFK
Date FlownApril 2016

"not recommend to anyone"

Verified Review | Larnaca to Gatwick with Thomas Cook Airlines. I tried checking in online the day before and I got an error message saying that there was a technical problem and I cannot not check in. I attempted again the morning after and I could check in, but it would not allow me to to select a seat so I decided to check in at the airport. I went to the airport and there was three normal desks from Thomas Cook and two "fast track" desks where you needed to pay 10 euro. The normal desks had at least an hour queue, which I was indirectly forced to take since I arrived two hours before my flight, and it was unclear whether I would make it on time. This was very sneaky. Not giving the option the night before for people to check in due to "a technical error" and then making people pay because there was that many people at the airport check in. After waiting for almost half an hour at the fast track check in, I asked for an aisle seat. The lady at the desk told me that it was unlikely she would be able to book me an aisle seat because the flight was so busy. I told her that I am not willing to pay the fast track fee until I get an aisle seat, since it was the reason I did not check online the morning before, and why I had to pay it. After that, magically an aisle seat appear to be available. That was only the start of an unpleasant journey. There was an initial delay because they made a mistake regarding the terminals. After that there was a second delay because they booked seats for a family apart and by law children under 16 should be supervised. So they announced that unless people volunteer to move seats the plane would not take off. Some people paid for those seats! And if a family has to be sat together why did the booking system not arrange that when they were booking ticket. After finding people to move, they announced that there might be an hour delay, because a storm was catching up on us due to the previous delays. Thankfully the plane took off. During the flight the plane was ok. I brought my own headphones to use (since there was a tv) but the port on the plane was a rare one, and they made you pay to get a pair of headphones that was compatible. Overall, Thomas Cook might seem cheap but it is a sneaky and money-hungry company that will force you into paying other stuff. Also the company lacks any concern for its customer. I would not recommend them to anyone.
RouteLCA to LGW

"I am disappointed"

Verified Review | Thomas Cook Airlines flights operated by Condor Airlines. Just returned from Cancun to Gatwick on an overnight flight. The flight out, 10 days ago, apart from enduring a long flight, all went well, although cabin kept pretty cool. Inflight entertainment was not great, I do expect a little more choice and newer films - although those were available should you wish to upgrade! On this return flight, the cabin was really cold. Vapour was pouring out of the AC, showing how cold it was, even with a blanket! Within a few hours my throat was sore, felt really dry and congested and I now have a nice aircraft cold! Reading about this it seems that if low humidity is kept for too long, our defenses (in nose and throat) suffer and we get a cold, or certainly cold like symptoms where our system is so irritated. Never had this before and if I wasn't put off by long haul already, this has sealed it. The return flight had no different inflight entertainment, so didn't bother. Near the back of the plane the middle 4 seats become 3 and so we had 4 seats a bit skew in front of us. This meant the screen is skewed too and during a night flight, as you can see between seats, their screen brightness affects you. When the meal came, the pretty officious crew lady said we had "opted out" of the meal - really? This is long haul and your website states quite clearly: "In Economy Class on longhaul flights (Zones 3-5), we serve a hot meal, and depending on the time of day, an additional cold meal or cold breakfast prior to landing (a light snack on flights up to 8 hours). All non-alcoholic beverages are available free of charge." She made us feel like we were begging for a meal and "as there were some left over", she allowed us to have one! The offer of water during the flight, remember when they came round with trays of water to encourage re-hydration, didn't happen. So, I am disappointed as the outbound flight was not so bad. My star rating doesn't reflect how I feel regarding the health aspect / AC comfort.
RouteCUN to LGW
Date FlownApril 2016

"staff were friendly and helpful"

Verified Review | We flew as part of a package holiday from Manchester to Palma with Thomas Cook Airlines. The flight was early morning going out and around noon coming home. Both flights were on time. Boarding was quick and easy. This was a short flight, less than 3 hours, and we found the seats and legroom comfortable enough for this length of time. We did not order any food, nor did we buy any food or drinks as we had no requirements. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was smooth flights and felt it was good value for money.
RouteMAN to PMI
Date FlownApril 2016

"I would travel Thomas Cook again"

Return trip from Manchester to New York as a family of 4. Chose Thomas Cook as it was half the price of Virgin. We had to pay £4 each to upgrade the inflight entertainment and we maybe spent £20 on drinks during the flight but when you save £2000 on the flights that's nothing. Flights were great, lots of legroom and plenty of good food. Cabin crew were friendly. Flew back premium economy as it was much cheaper on return leg. Was easier to sleep but didn't really take advantage of the free drinks/films as it was night time so not sure if it was worth the extra. All in all, I would travel Thomas Cook again.
RouteMAN to JFK