Thomas Cook Airlines

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

Flew today from Manchester to Miami. I upgraded to Premium Class for 150 pounds more. Total price one way was 430 pounds. Let me also state that no other airline runs a Manchester to Miami non stop route. Premium Class also comes with priority check in, priority security line, priority boarding and first off bags at the destination airport. I fly all over the world frequently, and have flown on many airlines and have to say that the flight I took on Thomas Cook today was probably one of the best flights I have taken. From Check in to baggage claim, staff were extremely polite and friendly. The plane was a brand new A330. The seats were very comfortable with good recline. The plane was clean. The entertainment system was easy to use, had a good selection of movies, TV shows and music and it had a USB charging port. I never usually eat the meal when I fly, but I did on this occasion as the food was excellent. The drinks selection was also impressive with lots of premium name brands.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Miami

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd July 2015

Great flight with Thomas Cook on an A321 aircraft, flight left on time and arrived early. Cabin crew were very good and friendly. The seats on the plane were new and you felt like you had more space, I paid for extra legroom in seat 12A and its was great. Return flight left and arrived on time.
RouteLGW to CFU

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

Thomas Cook Airlines really seem to have got their act together. I used to prefer Monarch as a better holiday airline, but they have been deteriorating while Thomas Cook has improved immensely - some of this may be due to the recently refurbished A330s that we flew to the Dominican Republic on. Cabin staff were excellent. Food was pretty good in Economy (inbound), but very good in Premium (outbound). Legroom was very good/excellent in both cabins (and I'm 6ft 3 in). Excellent entertainment (free in premium, £4 in economy). To be honest, this was better than some scheduled flights I have been on.
AircraftAirbus A330
RouteManchester to Punta Cana

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

Very little room to manoeuvre, little to no leg room. Flight was so cold we asked for blankets and was told there was not enough so we froze for 10 hours, no apologies from staff, in fact I don't think the staff wanted to be there, no communication when throwing your very basic meal at you with not even a smile. 2 meals provided, one is a snack, very small portions for men and 2 free drinks, one with each meal - we asked for a drink and was told the trolley was coming soon, had to wait 40 mins. If you want to watch movies its free for 3, one being a childrens then £4 if you want a wider range, when on a 10 hour flight this should be free. When on a long flight we thought it was encouraged to move around the cabin when trying to do so we were told to sit down. Overall appalling service.
RouteGatwick to Cancun

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2015

Travelled with family for a holiday in Skiathos. Great flights on both directions. Outbound flight left on time with friendly and professional cabin crew. Breakfast was delicious with sausage, bacon, omelette, tomato compote, yoghurt, banana and maple muffin and orange juice. Landed at Skiathos around 15 minutes early. Our inbound flight back to Stansted was around 45 minutes late. This was apparently due to one of the pilots originally scheduled for the flight from Stansted being taken ill and a relief pilot needing to take his place. On this flight we had a choice of Beef Hickory of Tandoori Chicken. I choose the Tandoori Chicken, which was tasty. The cabin crew on this flight were also friendly and professional. Despite the delay, we managed to make up lost time and landed back at Stansted only 5 minutes late. Thomas Cook Airlines have certainly improved their image since I last flew with them, which was around 2008.
RouteStansted to Skiathos

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2015

My partner and I just returned from a long-haul flight to Orlando and travelled both ways in the refurbished Premium Cabin. The cabin interior mirrors the new livery. The first two hours including priority check-in, fast track security and priority boarding worked like a dream and we were relaxing in our seats with a glass of bubbles and some nibbles before we knew it. The cabin staff were welcoming, professional and friendly. The new seats are wide enough for most shapes and sizes and the legroom affords a very comfortable flight. Complimentary newspapers, Marie Claire and inflight magazine available. A drink service and wine service before dinner is served. The James Martin lunch offering was some of the tastiest airline food we've had, followed by ice cream and a cream tea before arrival. Priortiy Bag Collection and it took only 30 minutes before we were picking up our rental car. The return trip was of comparable quality and we would thank Thomas Cook for taking good care of us.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Orlando

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th June 2015

I was persuaded to fly Thomas Cook from Manchester to Montego Bay as Premium service. Unfortunately 10 days before flight I was told that the plane had changed, no premium service available and I couldn't guarantee legroom seats or my wife and I sitting together! I am 6'6" tall and must have legroom - had to work very hard to get it! Was promised premium services on flight (welcome drinks, in-flight drinks, special meals, amenity kit, headphones etc.) none of which transpired. Staff on outbound flight very nice and did what they could to accommodate us - managed to arrange two legroom seats side by side, for instance. Long noisy flight, drunk rowdy passengers behind us. Food very poor - though recommended by 'celebrity chef James Martin'. Return flight less noisy, couldn't sleep though. Staff much less helpful, talked among themselves, didn't offer much service - threw breakfast at passengers without warning us to set our tables etc.! They were surly and unwelcoming. Flights were smooth, pilots kept us aware of where we were, conditions at destination etc. Seats were very uncomfortable for a long flight and crew had closed access to front lavatories, so there were too few available for customers. My complaints about lack of notice of change and great disappointment with the different experience than that I was expecting have all been ignored by Customer Services - not even an acknowledgement! Customer service by Thomas Cook head office staff absolutely non-existent. I will certainly find another airline for future flights.
RouteManchester to Montego Bay

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th June 2015

Legroom is typical but seats and plane was comfortable enough. The seats were leather, no inflight entertainment but the flight was only 2hrs 35mins. The meal was amusing it consited of scrambled egg, tinned tomato and a muffin. It was free though so I couldn't complain. I enjoyed it well enough. The cabin crew were attentive and polite, I found check in was easy and the A321 was fairly quiet.
RouteManchester to Mahon

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th June 2015

The aircraft was great, plenty of leg room etc, films great and staff attentive. However, the meals were not brilliant. I requested a Gluten free meal as I am coeliac. I got the said meal but where was the chef's imagination for this special dietery food? My main dinner was ok but why do we always get served a seeded brown roll? Where were the gluten free crackers to go with the cheese? And why do we always get a hard green apple? My family all had 'normal' food - lucky them, crackers for cheese and cheesecake dessert. I know there are Gluten free crackers around and I also know there are individual pot desserts. Breakfast was a yoghurt a fruit drink and a muffin, why couldn't I have a white bread roll with jam and butter and the muffin and juice? On a good note my family thoroughly enjoyed their meals.
RouteManchester to Mexico

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th June 2015

Just been on a 4 hour flight from Crete to Manchester. The plane was a good big wide bodied plane and the flight itself was good. However, the plane was freezing the air con was so high, the seat also did not recline but I could cope with that, it was just the cold so was really uncomfortable.
AircraftBoeing