Thomas Cook Airlines

"crew was very pleasant"

Verified Review | We had an exceptional flight with Thomas Cook Airlines from Orlando to Manchester. My girlfriend and I flew premium economy, which was well worth the money for the extra legroom. The plane was very modern which great entertainment options built into the seat in front of you. Flight crew was very pleasant and the food was even better. Drinks were all complimentary and they had an excellent selection of premium beverages. I was very surprised by what a great flight we had and will definitely recommend Thomas Cook to our family and friends.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOrlando to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Thomas Cook passed the buck"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Orlando. This is what check-in at Gatwick Airport looked like on Wednesday July 19. Hundreds of passengers in the queue. One person at the counter. We arrived early at 8:30 for an 11:00 flight. We waited almost 2 hours to check-in. Therefore we had to rush through the airport to make our flight, bypassing any purchases we intended to make (including food and duty-free items) and bathrooms we intended to visit. Was an explanation given? Only the comment that the check-in desk employees are not Thomas Cook employees so Thomas Cook Airlines took no responsibility. Yes, we were told that. With the Thomas Cook Airline banner over every desk, Thomas Cook Airlines passed the buck. Were any courtesies offered like a complementary beverage on the plane? No. A beautiful first-time holiday in London capped off by an atrocious reception on our departure. With all the competition for the travel dollar to Great Britain, I would hope that Thomas Cook Airlines improves and starts placing customer service highest of their priorities.
RouteGatwick to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a very good flight"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Manchester. My first time flying with Thomas Cook Airlines it was a very good flight. The crew was very polite and charismatic and made sure all my needs where met. One of the flight attendants even gave me a IFE Code free since my debit card wouldn't work with their machines. I flew economy and had good leg room but my knees constantly hit the tray table when I had to move. This was annoying but I only ran into the problem during meal service. The plane arrived on time. The plane had no on-board WIFI but I was asleep for most of the flight so that wasn't to much of a problem. The A330-200 didn't have personal air-vents.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLas Vegas to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2017

"now having to fly with Wamos"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Cancun. We had a flight originally leaving Gatwick at 9am. After waking up early to get to the airport I decided to check the flight details to see if there were any minor delays. What I found was a 6 hour delay! We understand delays are now and again part of flying. I'm disappointed but the delay isn't the issue. There is no information anywhere online and no answer from Thomas Cook via phone as to why such a delay. We arrive at the airport as we found out you still have to check in for the original scheduled flight time. We were handed a piece of paper and a voucher for £10 food and drink in the airport. The information explained the plane we originally were using was out of action and we were now having to fly with Wamos. Surely a decision to borrow another airlines plane wouldn't have been made last minute which made us ask why we are only just finding out? First issue we have a £10 voucher - 6 hour delay, and only a £10 voucher. Now fed up of sitting in an airport spending more that we wanted and now slightly bored we started to board. Once in the air after a few attempts to fix the inflight entertainment cabin crew gave up. 10 hours with no entertainment. I'm 5ft 4 and found I had very little leg room and I feel sorry for those people a bit taller. Rude and unhelpful cabin crew. On different occasions the questions were asked of them with responses 'it's not our fault we are doing our best we are having a bad day at least you guys are getting compensation'. We had a meal thrust at us and before we could ask what it was he was off. When asked if we could change it we were told no. Even though other cabin crew were giving people a choice.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownJune 2017

"they let people pick their own seats"

Verified Review | I had to pay $70 to ensure that my boyfriend and I sat next to each other on a 9 hr flight. Our flight was delayed 5 hours (it happens) after which they let people pick their own seats, first come first serve. My boyfriend and I ended up sitting apart. On the flight, they gave my boyfriend two sips of juice in a 3 ounce cup. When he asked for a pepsi they told him he already had a drink and said he couldn't have another one. One drink for a 9 hour flight. I tried to file a complaint to get refunded for the reserved seats, but their online form doesn't work with U.S. addresses for some reason. After an hour of sitting on the phone and getting transferred, they tell me that there is no one to talk to for complaints out of the United States, and to use a UK address for the form. When I told her I didn't have a UK address, they told me "to pick one" and hung up on me.
RouteManchester to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff became very rude and patronising"

Verified Review | As a seasoned traveller, Thomas Cook is the worst budget airline I have flown on. My flight from Manchester to Mahon was cancelled Sunday to Saturday which meant I lost some money on pre-booked aspects of my travel (i.e. hotel & car hire). However, when Sunday's flight had all the passengers ferrying down the runway, it turned around back to the terminal due to a technical issue. The flight was mainly families with very young children. Everyone was stuck on the plane for 3 hours in the Spanish heat with little explanation. However, I was promised a complimentary tea, once the flight set off. When the flight did set off, I had to wait 2 hours for the drinks trolley to come and they insisted on charging for the tea. When I politely challenged this, the staff became very rude and patronising and refused to give me a tea.
RouteManchester to Mahon

"I'm extremely annoyed"

Verified Review | Manchester to Preveza. I booked this flight with Thomas Cook in December 20016 and as I'm tall, paid an extra £20 each way for a specific seat plus another £13 for my partner so that she would be next to me. At the beginning of March we were notified that we would be flying with Condor and the times changed slightly, 10 minutes, nothing else was mentioned. Today I set about checking in online and was horrified to find that we had not been allocated the booked seats, instead had got two standard seats. I immediately phoned Thomas Cook as I could not find a number for Condor, and was eventually allocated an extra leg room seat but with my partner 2 rows back. Only after I insisted was I offered a part refund of the £66 seat booking fee I had paid. Now this also means that tomorrow at Manchester, even though we are only taking cabin luggage, we will have to go through the full check-in procedure instead of being able to go straight to security. I'm extremely annoyed at being messed about like this and will not fly Thomas Cook/Condor again.
AircraftBoing 757
RouteManchester to Preveza
Date FlownMay 2017

"crew very kind and professional"

Verified Review | It was an HCPT charter from London Gatwick to Lour with Thomas Cook Airlines. The flight was comfortable, the cabin crew very kind and professional. The flight left on time such is very rare on HCPT flight. (Keep in mind HCPT is a pilgrimage trust and there are a lot of disabled children). Flight lasted 1.25 hours. We were all singing along the way and at the end we sang a song to thank the cabin manager. We got a hot breakfast with a sausage, egg, tomato, and bacon we also got a cold breakfast consisting of a muffin, orange juice and all the bits to go with a selection of drink.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Lourdes
Date FlownApril 2017

"never fly with Thomas Cook again"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Manchester return. My flight to Manchester was wonderful. The food was good for airlines and the seat comfortable. The return flight a nightmare! My seat was bumped 3 times! I had reserved the seats months before the trip and I was bumped to economy without notification. I called and was told I was placed back in premium. Checked again to 2 days before departure and had no seat. Called again and was told I was in economy! Was told to wait until I arrived at the airport. The attendant told me there was one seat available in Premium in the very front, not window I booked or it would be Economy. I accepted. On the flight I sat next to a very large gentleman and could not barely move my arms as he overlapped into my seat, Barely put up the food tray and eat. The poor man was very embarrassed, I think the seat was to be empty. I will never fly with Thomas Cook again.It was a horrible ending to a great trip!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLos Angeles to Manchester
Date FlownNovember 2016

"we had to pay for everything"

Verified Review | Manchester to Orlando return. We were appalled to find that we had to pay for everything, which we have never had to do on any long haul flight we had taken in the past. This included headsets (£3) to be able to watch third rate films which costs £5. Drinks were very expensive, with a small can of Stella costing £4.00, J2o £2.50 and water £1.80. We were appalled by the food service which ran out of options on both the outbound and return journey, consequently we were offered the choice of main meals that previous passengers who were served didn't want to eat. You couldn't buy any wine with your meal as these had to be purchased on the drinks service which came around approximately an hour previous, and the meals served weren't served on trays, but in their own containers. The breakfast on the homeward flight was a joke, we were served a small carton of orange juice, a yoghurt, and a granola type snack bar.
RouteManchester to Orlando