Vote Airport

Thomas Cook Airlines

"seat in front was so close"

We had a 5 hour flight so loaded my laptop with some films to watch as I knew they had no entertainment on this flight. When we boarded I couldn't believe how crowded it felt, so many people crammed into such a small area, our seats were on row 19 and the seat in front was so close, I could hardly open my laptop! Thomas Cook have supplied me with a customer survey to complete, this will be more fun than the flight - don't they understand that people would pay more for comfort and entertainment?
RouteBHX to SSH
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"pleasant helpful staff"

Thomas Cook Airlines flight from Manchester to Barbados via Antigua. Overall good service and excellent value for money. New plane. Pleasant helpful staff. Good legroom but difficult to get comfortable for sleeping. Food on outward journey fine but not quite as good on return and breakfast rather strange. One criticism on outward journey a group of people was allowed to stand up talking for some considerable time right next to us in the gangway which made us feel uncomfortable and they should have been asked to remain seated by staff. Pilot conducted the plane very smoothly. We weren't treated like economy class customers as with the popular short haul airlines.
RouteMAN to BGI via ANU
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"worst food I have had"

Computer meltdown at Gatwick check-in which is not uncommon looking at other reviews hour and a half wait. Later Thomas Cook blamed it on an aircraft problem. Flew from Gatwick to Barbados, seats as comfortable as a park bench. Airplane boiling hot. The worst food I have had on an airplane ran out on the flight out and back so had to give up my meal twice to keep the kids happy - not good on a 9 hr plus flight. A certain famous chef that puts his name to this should take note. I then asked if they could sell me some food and they said yes we have loads. I suggested they carried less to sell me and carry enough to serve me what I would like. This was not received well by the miserable cabin crew who were sloppy, cheaply dressed and not professional at all. You have to pay for everything including the poor quality children's films. The only flight I have ever been on that I did not watch anything from their inflight selection. I would rather pay a bit more.
RouteLGW to BGI
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"moved us on to the very early morning flight"

Booked Thomas Cook Airlines flights via website a few weeks ago and several flight times were available at different prices. We paid over £300 more to fly at decent times from Stansted to Tenerife as we were travelling with kids. A week later we get an email to say they have moved us on to the very early morning flight. So essentially we have paid £300 more than we needed to. It’s a nightmare trying to get through to anyone in customer service - finally got through after an hours wait today and they are totally not interested. They just say ‘it’s in the terms and conditions that we can change the flight times’. They haven’t changed the flight times - they have moved us on to a totally different flight that was available at the time of booking. So be warned - it could make no difference which flight you choose as they can move you on to what ever flight they like with no refund of the extra cost. We will never book with Thomas Cook again and would strongly recommend others think twice too.
RouteSTN to TFS
Date FlownAugust 2015

"fiasco trying to upgrade"

Manchester to Goa return with Thomas Cook Airlines. The fiasco of trying to upgrade from economy to premium economy was a disgrace! We were unable to book online, as the computer system is not working, still. We paid for our upgrade seats on the outward flight but had to check in to be given our seats. This meant we had to make sure we arrived early at the check in. Same again coming home, we booked a taxi (Thomas Cook main office in Panjim) recommended this to guarantee our seats. We arrived at Goa airport at 9.00pm for the 2.15am flight. The flights themselves were ok. but I will think twice before booking with Thomas Cook again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGOI to MAN

"bad customer service"

London Gatwick to Hurghada return with Thomas Cook Airlines. They are almost unbelievable how bad their customer service was. How can an airline behind such a large company suffer such a total disgrace of a system failure running over 2 months at least? Unable to do any online actions such as booking extra luggage or seats. Tried phoning to find waits in excess of 60 minutes and gave up. Total chaos at LGW check in with massive queues as yet again the system was down or had failed. Eventually check in agents gave up trying to arrange extra luggage or extra leg rooms seats and in fairness just allocated it all for free. But left us with a nightmare possibility on the return as no one could tell what the local staff would do with horror stories of people being charged hundreds of pounds for excess luggage which should only have been £35. After numerous calls and e-mails whilst away finally managed to get things resolved for the correct price. On the plus side flights ran on time.
RouteLGW to HRG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"not fly Thomas Cook again"

Manchester to Cancun return with Thomas Cook Airlines. We were delayed 2hr 50mins (they made sure it wasn't over 3 hours because then we could have claimed compensation). Also delayed over an hour on return. You have to pay to watch films/tv. Pay for drinks which is unacceptable on an 11 hour flight. Blankets and pillows aren't available on day flights even though the cabin was freezing - we had a night flight on our return so blankets were available, but we didn't need them as this time the cabin was ridiculously hot! Service was terrible, just sell, sell, sell. Cabin staff were rude, and seats uncomfortable with no leg room. Staff were sleeping on the spare seats during their breaks. We will not fly Thomas Cook again, no matter how cheap they are.
RouteMAN to CUN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cheap seats and service "

I wish I had looked at this closer. When I originally looked at this Manchester to Antigua flight it was not an AirTanker A330, so I missed the switch. Never again will I trust Thomas Cook Airlines. The flight was so bad I came home with a different airline preferring to lose my money on the return flight. It's true you get what you pay for - cheapish price (depending on travel dates) but very cheap seats and service - added to the breakdown of the website for 2 months prior to travel so that any information etc was limited, to being able to get through on the phone. Think twice !!!!
RouteMAN to ANU
Date FlownDecember 2015

"not worth the money"

Cancun to Glasgow. On booking my flight I was led to believe that I would be on one of the upgraded aircraft with new seats. Unfortunately this was not the case. Old uncomfortable seats with no legroom on a 10 hour flight. Food trays were dirty, some toilets were closed, so only 4 toilets available, usual food, breakfast in particular was poor, aircraft was hot. Just really uncomfortable and certainly not worth the money. Seems Thomas Cook flights are getting worse.
RouteCUN to GLA

"seats are uncomfortable"

Antalya to Gatwick with Thomas Cook Airlines. The seats are uncomfortable, absolutely no room, during the safety brief we wondered how you get into a brace position - the seat in front is too close. Thomas Cook are interested in selling as much as they can on every flight, customers are not their priority. We have always said never again, but they are the only airline that fly the route direct in January. We did fly with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul on our outward journey and what a difference, no baggage fees, no golf club fees, comfortable leather seats with plenty of room, nice food and drinks without charges, no loud cabin crew trying to sell as much as they can. This flight was £200 cheaper! It's a disgrace how they can cram as many people on a flight as they do!
RouteAYT to LGW