Thomas Cook Airlines

"waiting in line for 4 hours"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Boston via Manchester. If I could give negative stars I would. The airline kept us all waiting in line for 4 hours after canceling the flights. After my 4 hours in line I arrive at the front the lady on the phone lines tried to say they refunded my ticket and I don't exist. This is all after I checked in got boarding passes and received a seat number. Still waiting on them to learn how to rescheduled a flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Boston via Manchester
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worth the extra money"

Verified Review | Manchester to Cayo Coco. The selection of movies, TV shows and music were fantastic, and free drinks. The crew were excellent on both flights extremely helpful. We both received an amenity kit both ways with blankets and pillows. The upgraded meals were delicious. The seat pitch and width were great and the legroom was the best I ever had. Premium is worth the extra money.
RouteManchester to Cayo Coco
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Nice smooth flight"

Verified Review | Newcastle to Corfu. Flight left around 10-15 mins late due to air traffic control restriction. Quick ascent, seatbelt signs turned off very quickly. Seat were ok, a little cramped if you are tall but the seat itself was comfortable. Like the fact they have made the backs rigid plastic so if people go into the pockets on the back the person in front shouldn't really feel it. There was overhead screens which initially showed the route map and later turned into a children's film. One drink and snack round before meal was served about 1hr 30mins into flight. Could have been a little quicker as the flight set off at 5.30am and everyone was ready for breakfast. Nice smooth flight, a few announcements from captain when we flew over the stunning alps. Flight was uneventful. Meal was good, I enjoyed the breakfast and it was served with tea coffee or juice. Flight home was great as well, food was good although if I was being picky the portions were small but you do get crackers, cheese, a bread roll and a small pudding to make up for the hot meal being small. Drinks and snacks are expensive just like any other airline. Usual sales pitch on duty free goods, not many takers on our flight. Toilets were clean and functioning. I find Thomas cook fine for these short journeys. We have gone with them long haul on the larger planes to Vegas and we found them fine for the price. We would fly with them again.
RouteNewcastle to Corfu
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Manchester to San Francisco. I was wary of flying Thomas Cook because I'd never flown with them before and had heard it was something of a discount airline, minimum frills. But I was pleasantly surprised! We had one complimentary meal and tea, along with coffee/tea. Interestingly we also got little ice cream cones as a further snack. Although further food/drinks had to be purchased, this seemed fair considering the low ticket price. Boarding was smooth, we arrived nearly on time, and the pilot very kindly pointed out when we were flying over some nice views - including Greenland. I was impressed considering the price and convenience of a direct flight between the UK and SFO.
RouteManchester to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no concern or interest"

Verified Review | Manchester to Boston and onward flight to Philadelphia with Jetblue. As a previous reviewer described in their situation, check in for Thomas Cook was mobbed on my return flight originating in Manchester. The only thing that saved me from waiting in the outrageously long que was having paid for a premium seat. As he was checking me in, the representative did not inform me that the flight had had a change of aircraft and would not be offering premium service. He also did not inform me that my luggage was not checked all the way through and that I would have to pick it up in Boston and check it in again, another mob scene. I learned of the change in my flight when I noticed a pile of papers on the counter and read about it there. A refund was promised and a link to an online form to obtain it given. Questions to the company representative "helping" me from behind the counter were met with rudeness. Others were not so fortunate and were informed for the first time while actually on the flight. At this stage I have gone through numerous contortions in attempting to obtain the promised refund of the additional charge for premium service. The online form seems deliberately designed to rebuff non UK residents, it only accepts UK addresses. Thomas Cook has no telephone number in the US. Although I found one listed online as being theirs, the first time I tried it was answered by someone telling me that it was a Thomas Cook line only at a certain time of day. When I called back at the time I was told to, I was informed it is never a Thomas Cook line at any time of day. This is a great way to communicate to your US customers that they are of no importance to you, Thomas Cook. Eventually, I managed to make contact through email, both requesting my refund and reporting about my horrible in flight experience, which included not being offered an unpaid beverage outside the meal service- on a transatlantic flight (while standing in the long line of people attempting to get a boarding pass in Boston, I chatted with someone who'd been in the regular economy class on the same flight who told me they had been offered complimentary beverages twice outside of meal services). When we were offered the chance to purchase beverages, water was not offered. I felt I was reduced to begging for it, and was handed a tiny plastic cup of water each time I did. I eventually did hear back from the company by email, requesting the information they needed to deposit the money into my bank account. There was no concern or interest expressed in the ordeal I had outlined on the flight in regard to beverages or at the connecting airport where I was given incorrect information by the person accepting my luggage back in wearing a Thomas Cook uniform. Her lack of knowledge resulted in my standing in a line unnessarily and wasting my precious time on the layover. To date, no refund has been provided. When I wrote again to the same email address stating this, I recieved a response stating that I "had been offered a CHAPS payment" and that they considered the matter to be resolved. No payment has been recieved.
RouteManchester to Boston

"crew was very pleasant"

Verified Review | We had an exceptional flight with Thomas Cook Airlines from Orlando to Manchester. My girlfriend and I flew premium economy, which was well worth the money for the extra legroom. The plane was very modern which great entertainment options built into the seat in front of you. Flight crew was very pleasant and the food was even better. Drinks were all complimentary and they had an excellent selection of premium beverages. I was very surprised by what a great flight we had and will definitely recommend Thomas Cook to our family and friends.
RouteOrlando to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Thomas Cook passed the buck"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Orlando. This is what check-in at Gatwick Airport looked like on Wednesday July 19. Hundreds of passengers in the queue. One person at the counter. We arrived early at 8:30 for an 11:00 flight. We waited almost 2 hours to check-in. Therefore we had to rush through the airport to make our flight, bypassing any purchases we intended to make (including food and duty-free items) and bathrooms we intended to visit. Was an explanation given? Only the comment that the check-in desk employees are not Thomas Cook employees so Thomas Cook Airlines took no responsibility. Yes, we were told that. With the Thomas Cook Airline banner over every desk, Thomas Cook Airlines passed the buck. Were any courtesies offered like a complementary beverage on the plane? No. A beautiful first-time holiday in London capped off by an atrocious reception on our departure. With all the competition for the travel dollar to Great Britain, I would hope that Thomas Cook Airlines improves and starts placing customer service highest of their priorities.
RouteGatwick to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a very good flight"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Manchester. My first time flying with Thomas Cook Airlines it was a very good flight. The crew was very polite and charismatic and made sure all my needs where met. One of the flight attendants even gave me a IFE Code free since my debit card wouldn't work with their machines. I flew economy and had good leg room but my knees constantly hit the tray table when I had to move. This was annoying but I only ran into the problem during meal service. The plane arrived on time. The plane had no on-board WIFI but I was asleep for most of the flight so that wasn't to much of a problem. The A330-200 didn't have personal air-vents.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLas Vegas to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2017

"now having to fly with Wamos"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Cancun. We had a flight originally leaving Gatwick at 9am. After waking up early to get to the airport I decided to check the flight details to see if there were any minor delays. What I found was a 6 hour delay! We understand delays are now and again part of flying. I'm disappointed but the delay isn't the issue. There is no information anywhere online and no answer from Thomas Cook via phone as to why such a delay. We arrive at the airport as we found out you still have to check in for the original scheduled flight time. We were handed a piece of paper and a voucher for £10 food and drink in the airport. The information explained the plane we originally were using was out of action and we were now having to fly with Wamos. Surely a decision to borrow another airlines plane wouldn't have been made last minute which made us ask why we are only just finding out? First issue we have a £10 voucher - 6 hour delay, and only a £10 voucher. Now fed up of sitting in an airport spending more that we wanted and now slightly bored we started to board. Once in the air after a few attempts to fix the inflight entertainment cabin crew gave up. 10 hours with no entertainment. I'm 5ft 4 and found I had very little leg room and I feel sorry for those people a bit taller. Rude and unhelpful cabin crew. On different occasions the questions were asked of them with responses 'it's not our fault we are doing our best we are having a bad day at least you guys are getting compensation'. We had a meal thrust at us and before we could ask what it was he was off. When asked if we could change it we were told no. Even though other cabin crew were giving people a choice.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownJune 2017

"they let people pick their own seats"

Verified Review | I had to pay $70 to ensure that my boyfriend and I sat next to each other on a 9 hr flight. Our flight was delayed 5 hours (it happens) after which they let people pick their own seats, first come first serve. My boyfriend and I ended up sitting apart. On the flight, they gave my boyfriend two sips of juice in a 3 ounce cup. When he asked for a pepsi they told him he already had a drink and said he couldn't have another one. One drink for a 9 hour flight. I tried to file a complaint to get refunded for the reserved seats, but their online form doesn't work with U.S. addresses for some reason. After an hour of sitting on the phone and getting transferred, they tell me that there is no one to talk to for complaints out of the United States, and to use a UK address for the form. When I told her I didn't have a UK address, they told me "to pick one" and hung up on me.
RouteManchester to Orlando