Thai Smile Airways

"will only allow 40 kg"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Penang to Bangkok. Thai Smile does not offer larger seats on their premium economy class, and do not accept the same luggage allowance as Thai Airways. If you are allowed 50 kg on Thai Air, Thai Smile will only allow 40 kg. When checking in, it has happened a few times that I am told they have not received payment from Thai Air, so checking in is always interesting. In the air you may experience that cabin crew does not speak English and today they had not ordered enough food, so they could not offer me any. Thai Smile are a subsidiary of a Star Alliance member, but you do not get benefits such as points, lounge access, etc.
RoutePenang to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Cabin crew were brilliant"

Verified Review | Flew with two relatives for a couple of days in Chiang Mai, from Bangkok. Thai Smile are an absolute joy to fly. They might be the low cost branch of Thai Air but there is nothing cut price about their service. Online check in with free choice of seats, 20 kilo baggage allowance. We ended up checking four bags in even though there was only three of us without any problem at all. The seats were comfortable with plenty leg room. Flights took off on time. Return leg landed a little behind schedule but that was down to air trafficcontrol in Bangkok. Cabin crew were brilliant. Happy and living up to the brand name, smiling throughout. Sandwich provided, which is something a well known high price British airline is unable or unwilling to provide these days. Will have no hesitation in booking Thai Smiles again.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"Crew very professional and pleasant"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Khon Kean from Thai Smile Airways. Seamless service from check-in to leaving at the end of the flight. Cannot really fault them and I am quite critical at times as I expect the service I paid. Booked through Thai Airways site as it was a little bit cheaper. Used web check-in to avoid the queue. Boarding by bus. Seat pitch was adequate for a budget airline unlike AirAsia. A snack was provided. Crew very professional and pleasant. An enjoyable flight. Would definitely fly this airline even if it meant paying more.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Khon Kean
Date FlownApril 2017

"I missed my connecting flight "

Verified Review | Due to this airline I missed my connecting flight back home. Staff members lied as to departure and I was told that I would be reimbursed for travel expenses. Once I got to my destination I was greeted by a staff member and told that my tickets for connecting flight were paid for and booked. I was told to go print my boarding pass and check in. Once I got the check in line, I was informed that staff member lied to me and I had to pay an absorbent amount to get home. The rep from the airline was nowhere to be found. Awful experience and will never recommend this airline.
RouteKrabi to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"food and drink was good"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Phuket to Bangkok. Check in staff very polite and courteous explaining small details. Had to wait in line for short time as the gate changed from direct boarding to a bus service. Onboard food and drink was good for a budget short domestic route. The only complaint was that I had to wait over 40 minutes for the bags to arrive upon landing at Bangkok.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Phuket. On time departure and clean aircraft. Friendly crew, seats were good in terms of seating and comfort. The only downside was that it took very long for the bags to arrive on the belt. Flight time was about 1 hour and 30mins. Recommend this airline for internal flights.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Bring back Bangkok Airways"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Udon Thani. Why no interline baggage? I flew from Hong Kong to Bangkok on Thai Airways, why is it so difficult to transfer baggage to wholly owned subsidiary Thai Smile Also. I was refused entry to Domestic Thai Lounge, even with Star Alliance Gold card. This approach does not encourage customer loyalty. I note that Thai Smile staff still wear Thai Airways uniforms, hardly "Uniform quality of service". If there was a choice out of BKK I would use the alternative. Bring back Bangkok Airways!
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Udon Thani
Date FlownMarch 2017

"inflight magazine was still the February issue"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | A business trip from Bangkok to Phuket on 01/03/1 with Thai Smile. The internet check in does help expedite the process despite the fact that I had luggage. Boarding is fine but again confusion about seat allocations could arise since they are announced as crew/announcer-centred, i.e., A/B/C on the right and H/J/K on the left. It should rather be passenger-centred. Despite it being March the inflight magazine was still the February issue. The tuna sandwich snack was fine and the snack packet was mostly paper-based and should be praised for being environmentally friendly.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownMarch 2017

"baggage claim slow service"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Penang to Bangkok with Thai Smile Airways for my visit to Thailand. Check in counter service poor and very slow. Flight delayed by 30 minutes. Baggage claim slow service, however, inflight service is very good.
RoutePenang to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"up to my expectations"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Narathiwat return for a business trip . Both flights are fine and routine. Snacks were served and tasted fine. Cabin crew were pleasant and professional. All were up to my expectations.
Aircraft320