Thai Lion Air

"This airline is a nightmare"

Not Verified | The worst airline I have traveled with in 20 years. All flights booked were delayed. We traveled from Krabi to Bangkok, which was 1 hour delayed and an additional 1 sitting on the plane before we can get out of the airplane. We were late for our flight to Chiang Mai from Bangkok, which was booked on the same airline. Because of this we missed the flight, they rebook us for the 10:40 flights to Chiang Mai which was also delayed for another 40 minutes. There was a flight at 9:4pm which we were not booked on and we had to wait 6 hours between our missed flight to the newly booked flights. I have to stay standing at the ticket counter for 1 hour plus to rebook our missed flights and this was not even due to my own fault. On our flight back from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, the flight was also 1hr 30 minutes delay. This airline is a nightmare, not worth the 10 to 20 dollars saved. Book another airlines. I will never use this airline again. It is unreliable and consistently late and unorganized.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJune 2018

" will use them again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. A very efficient journey from check in to arrival. The aircraft was new, crew well trained and courteous and the flight well managed despite the light turbulence. My first flight on Lion Air Thai and I will use them again.
RouteBangkok to Singapore

"Terrible airline experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline experience. Upon boarding we all sat in sweltering heat. No AC at all during boarding. The service cart zoomed through the cabin not offering so much as a glass of water. Upon arrival at Don Mueang Airport, we had to wait on the plane for over 20 minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive. We had to wait an additional 30 minutes for our checked bags. These delays caused us to miss our connection on Nokair to Phuket which amounted to flushing about 4000 baht down the toilet as we had to buy new tickets and wait another hour. Thai Lion Air does not care about customer service.
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"very cramped legroom"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. First of all, good to have a new A330 on this short route. However very cramped legroom, 1.5 hours delay after a previous 2 hour time change a couple of weeks before. Crew looked confused, no food or drinks service. For what I paid it was just about OK. Do not book tight connections with this airline and always give yourself some wiggle room in case they change the schedule. Have to say the premium economy seats at the front looked great but for a short flight I wouldn't bother. Dont ever think you will get any compensation in Asia for flight delays. Thank goodness we have in the EU that offers us some protection as travellers and not be at the mercy of an airline that want to play about with you.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"scattered in flight"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangkok. Accepted that its a Economy flight but cabin crew did not offer free water you have to purchase in flight with high rate. They dont allow outside dry food to eat in flight. In return journey from Bangkok to Mumbai; during check-in they allocated me seat at time of boarding the seat number they changed. Family members get scattered in flight and lot of confusion in flight which delay the flight take-off for 35-40 minutes.
RouteMumbai to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"legs pushing against the seat"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. This airline is terrible. I am 180 cm and I asked the people at the check in if I could get a emergency exit seat because my legs push against the other seat they said to inform the flight attendance. When I got onto the flight I told them that my legs are pushing against the seat. I asked because all the seats were free on that row. They said they cannot do that. Never flying with this airline again.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"worst airline I have ever taken"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. This was hands down the worst airline I have ever taken. I booked my flight on Expedia, and i have a bone to pick with them about this as well. The baggage allowance says 1st checked baggage no fee. When we arrived to check in at the counter my wife and I had one suit case each. The check-in counter surprised us with a 10kg weight limit. My booking, ticket, and Expedia web site made no mention of this ridiculous weight limit. Our tickets cost us 5,000 Thai baht. They wanted to charge us and additional 5,000 baht for every leg of the trip, which would triple our trip cost. We arrived 2 hours early for the flight, and they were letting people skip the line for an earlier flight leaving only one agent to check in our flight. As time went by we were going to be late for and possibly miss our flight. We asked to speak to a supervisor they rudely said they don't have supervisors. And that if we were later than 45 minutes we would be removed from the flight. By the time we made it to the counter another 3 agents miraculously showed up to check everybody in. Then they surprised us with the weight limit. Again we asked for a supervisor, and again we were denied. I asked the agent what to do she said pay, but by that time there was no time left to go pay and come back, and that we would miss our flight. I have never seen such an unprofessional airline. I would never ever fly them again, and I highly recommend you don't either.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2018

"the heat was turned up"

Trip Verified | Hangzhou to Bangkok. This was my first time taking this airline. Check in efficient, seat, entertainment and service was great, snacks/food on par! After food service, lights were turned down, (as it was a red-eye) and the heat was turned up more then any of my flights ever before - I was so hot, I was mad. Ive flown some warm Asian carriers before but this one took the cake.
RouteHangzhou to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"don´t fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Bangkok. Just don´t fly with this airline. The time of my flight from Hanoi to Bangkok was changed without any notice to me. They told me, they tried to reach me. But didn´t. No e-Mail, no phone call. Nothing. The staff at the airport is just smiling at you, blaming it on the travel agency, which mentioned in their terms and conditions that only the airline is responsible to notify me in case of any changes. Furthermore there is no compensation offered, no food or drinks at the airport for 10 hours waiting time. Just an average, unreal smile towards me saying they can´t help me.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"hottest flight I ever had"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hat Yai. The positives were smooth boarding, on-time departure and generous legroom. A minor annoyance is the need to actually print out the web-check-in boarding pass, they don't accept digital boarding passes. The real discomfort however was the lack of aircon. I don't know if it was broken or just turned off for saving purposes, anyway it was the hottest flight I ever had. There was ventilation but it only recycled hot air. The temperature became more bearable as we reached cruising altitude but upon landing the Thai summer struck back. No free food or water, snacks available for purchase.
RouteBangkok to Hat Yai