Thai Lion Air

"pleasant, no delays or cancelations"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. The flight was pleasant, no delays or cancelations, decent food as well. The only qualm I have is that Thai Lion Air is that when booking my flights through a 3rd party (expedia, momondo, etc.) Thai Lion Air's website won't allow me to see my booking at all, manage it, anything. I've booked all my flights through 3rd party websites and haven't had an issue like that before.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Return as good as the first one"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Chiang Rai. Return trip as good as the first one. Both legs on time and bags on the belt before us. Again the only issue is the impossibility of check in through your final destination. Leg room is very tight but fine for an hour flight, I am 1.60 so I normally fit well in any airline seat. 15 kg checked bag is included in the price.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Rai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"they include 15kg bag in the price"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Chiang Rai to Nakorn Si Thamarat via Bangkok and both flights were on time. Leg room is the tightest I've ever seen, but still ok for a 60 minute flight. No frills airline so don't expect anything free on board but they include a 15kg bag in the price. Our only issue with then was that you can't check your bags though even when connecting to a flight with the same airlane.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER / 737-800
RouteChiang Rai to Nakorn Si Thamarat via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2017

"staff unfriendly and inexperienced"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Khon Kaen with Thai Lion Air. Boarding started 5 minutes after we should have departed (despite the aircraft being on the stand for at least an hour), and was done in an unprofessional manner, announcements not being made by the PA system but by shouting at passengers and in Thai only. We departed 30 minutes late, with no explanation for delay. Staff seemed unfriendly and inexperienced especially the ground staff. During the flight, there was an announcement that cabin crew would be selling food and drinks and to refer to the menu in the seat pocket, but there was no menus in the seats. Then the attendants came down the aisle with the trolley very quickly and didn't seem to want to sell anything. Recorded announcements were confusing and not given at the right time, for example we were told we were starting our descent just 5 minutes before landing. The flight itself was fine, but the unprofessional attitude of this airline and inexperience of the staff doesn't inspire confidence. On the plus side they give a free 15kg bag allowance and free seat selection when checking in online and the flight was cheap.
RouteBangkok to Khon Kaen
Date FlownJune 2017

"seats are very tight"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Flight from Krabi to Bangkok delayed 1 hour and 40 minutes. Missed the next connection. Had to buy full price replacement ticket. No help from Thai Lion Air. Seats are very tight. Not designed for anyone over 175 cm. No complimentary onboard snack or drink, had to buy everything.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteKrabi to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"impressed with the airline"

Verified Review | I flew round trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. The ground crew as well as cabin crew was wonderful, helpful, friendly and professional. The aircraft was clean and on time. I was impressed with the airline. Will definitely fly them again in the future. Only isue I had was the seat pitch was a little to narrow for tall people, but OK for shorter travellers.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"great service and staff"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Phuket. I was really surprised with Thai Lion Air. I often fly with this airline many times due to luggage allowance and low fares. Never had any trouble during purchasing the tickets or the flight itself. This time I faced a different situation where my plans changed and I had to change the date of my ticket. At first I didn't even want to try to do that since it usually turns out to be a nightmare, I thought it would be easier just to purchase new tickets, however after I decided to give it a try and was actually very surprised by how easy it was. It took me only 3 minutes to change the date of the flight and pay for it. The call-center operator spoke good english. They even called me back after to remind to change the insurance date. Great airline with great service and staff!
RouteDMK to HKT
Date FlownDecember 2016

"disappointed apart from the cost"

Booked return flights from Bangkok to Krabi with Thai Lion Air and have to say was well disappointed apart from the cost. We were travelling with a 4 year old and had been delayed so bought some drinks in the airport. When we were boarding the flight we were told that we couldn't take the drinks on the plane - expected just to take a 4 year old and refuse him a drink.
RouteKBV to BKK
Date FlownNovember 2016

"cabin crew were especially caring"

Phuket to Bangkok with Thai Lion Air. Flight was operated by a new B737-900 which was really clean and very smart inside. The cabin crew were especially caring and moved me to row 1 on my own to give me more space. I also liked the free chocolate bar which I thought was a nice touch against an old sandwich. The onboard service and aircraft is better than Nokair or Airasia which I have flown before. However they are majorly let down by handling in both HKT airport and DMK airport. You do online checkin but have to still check in like everyone else as no bag drop available? And when you question this a glazed employee looks without any answer or explanation. Upon arrival in DMK we waited over 30 minutes for the first bag after the aircraft came onto blocks. This meant I nearly missed the free bus to BKK main airport. I would fly Thai lion again but feel they need to put the contracted handling company under some pressure to perform and also look at the online check-in policy and bag dropping facilities.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteHKT to BKK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flights were both punctual"

I'm not sure why people talk about delays. My Thai Lion Air flights (Don Muang to Chiang Mai and return) were both punctual. DMK to CNX on early Friday morning SL500. First flight from DMK. Very early - 5.50am, but a great time to be in Chiang Mai. Arrived 7am. No delay. CNX to DMK on Sunday afternoon SL509. Same, no delay. Arrived DMK 2.15pm. No turbulence. Great view of the ground. Plane not flying very high. Best thing TLA is the cabin staff who were all very well groomed and highly skilled in providing a great service, even though the travel time was only 1 hour. Drinks were served together with biscuits. Didn't expect any food or drinks, since flight was only 1hr. But still this basic need was provided. Cheap to fly too. So if you are travelling domestic, consider Thai Lion Air. The only sticky issue is use of electronic gadgets. These days with mobile phones containing music and videos, it is an entertainment module all-in. Asking me (repeatedly) to switch off my phone during the flight was a big nag. Besides, there are other airlines already providing wifi services in the sky. As a frequent flyer on planes, as long as we respect the take-off and landing, no surf periods, all should be fine in the sky.
RouteDMK to CNX