TAP Portugal

(Brazil)

LIS-MRS. Embraer 145. Portugalia plane and staff. Slightly delayed. Very frequent Captain announcements. Friendly staff too.

(Brazil)

LIS-GIG. Old A330. Business class. Cabin Chief of Staff did not even said a welcome. Staff were smiling. Main dish (veal) was greasy and unappetising. Wine list has improved. IFE unacceptable. Not on demand. And breaking constantly.

TAP Portugal customer review

My wife and I flew LGW-LIS on 14/8/13 and returned LIS-LHR on 12/9/13. We have a house in Portugal and fly this route twice a year usually with TAP. As with all the other TAP flights we have taken in the past 5 years or so departure and was on time on both legs. The aircraft's were clean the cabin crew smart and reasonably friendly. The service provided was good. We know not to expect 4 star cuisine on European short-haul flights and the snack provided is quite acceptable. The seats and legroom are perfectly adequate. Lisbon Airport is now a joy to travel through with the recent improvements made. Contrast this with the shabby and overcrowded T1 at LHR!! The only downside is for some unknown reason the LGW-LIS flight is always parked at a remote corner of Lisbon airport necessitating a somewhat lengthy transfer by bus to the Terminal. I would always choose this airline in preference to Easyjet since once you factor in all the Easyjet 'options' there is usually not much difference in the price of the ticket.

TAP Portugal customer review

I traveled from Miami to Lisbon on August 30 the flight was on time and the food and service was very good. I would recommend this airline.

(Portugal)

I am flying frequently with TAP between Vienna and Lisbon. The flights themselves are usually unspectacular however the course on Sunday evening from VIE to LIS has a delay rate of 100% (everytime approximately an hour). In general flying TAP from Lisbon to anywhere with TAP has become a nightmare over the summer period: Chaotic check-in in LIS with huge crowds as TAP seems to be unable to deal with the amount of passengers they have during the summer season. Latest event: My wife flew today LIS-GVA-VIE. She was informed at check-in that the flight would be delayed 35min but that there would be no meal served to insufficient crew. She was not given a voucher or anything like that. In the end they were unable to find any crew at all the plane finally took off with more than 2 hours delay. Since at some point it got tight with the connecting flight she tried to get a place on a different flight (there was a direct one to Vienna more or less at the same time) at the transfer desk in Lisbon. Staff there were very unhelpful just telling her that they could do nothing and that she had to ask the ground staff in GVA for help not respecting repetitive information by wife that the flight she had to catch in GVA was the last one of the day to VIE. She only made that connecting flight thanks to the kind help of the ground staff of SWISS in GVA who picked her up at the plane from LIS and guided her directly to the gate for VIE. In a nutshell TAP Air Portugal should be renamed into Take Another Plane (at least if you have an alternative). I only use it since it is the only airline offering direct flights between VIE and LIS.

TAP Portugal customer review

I travelled from London to Lisbon on Friday 12 September 2013 the flight was more than an hour delayed there was no food on the plane we were given vouchers to get food from Heathrow food shops. There were no space between the seats even though I was sitting at the aisle. If I wanted such service I would have booked a ticket with a low budget airline and not with TAP. On the return flight the flight was delayed only 45 min we were given food but they were short of staff so when one of the cabin crew from the business class willed to help his colleagues in economy he was told off by his other colleague and probably superior from the business class. If I was you I would think twice before I book with TAP Portugal again.

TAP Portugal customer review

Disgraceful business class flight flight 346 from FNC to LGW on 14th September. No food or drink served for entire flight other than one small glass of water as they were operating to "minimum safety" standards. No warning prior to boarding so no chance to even get a sandwich and a bottle of water from the airport departure lounge. I understand that emergency staff shortages can and do arise however this has happened on several occasions recently and seems to be something more than just a shortage of one member of cabin crew. Flight arrived from Lisbon short crewed so the airline had several hours before the Gatwick flight departed to either arrange for another member of crew to join our flight or to make provision for passengers to be given a voucher for food/drink before departure or at the very least to make passengers aware of the situation on check-in so they could make their own arrangements to take food/water on board. The lack of communication was disgraceful. The entire episode was very poorly handled and not what one would expect from a national carrier airline. It's really not good enough when you pay a premium to not have to travel with a "no frills" airline and get less than basic service. Passengers have a choice of airlines on the Funchal - Gatwick route and TAP would be well advised to re- think some of their policies if they do not want to lose their market share of this route.

(Portugal)

I have just travelled form Lisbon to Amsterdam and 5 minutes before boarding we were told there was no service on board. This is the second time this has happened to me on TAP. In June I flew from Zurich to Lisbon and was also told there was no service on board. I don't suppose TAP has ever heard of the word replacements so when one of the crew cannot make it then someone replaces them. TAP is the best advertisement for other airline companies. I shall do everything I can NEVER to fly TAP again. I am a frequent flier but can also get miles when I fly Lufthansa. I travel to Amsterdam every other month so I shall fly KLM. TAP has just lost another customer. I am appalled at the lack of care TAP gives to its customers.

TAP Portugal customer review

GVA-LIS then LIS-RAK. I should have booked a low cost company. Onboard the crew did not smile. On top of that our seat had broken individual air conditioning thus we had all the air on our face. Requested a seat change however they definitely make us feel like a burden during the flight which was only 1.5 hrs long. Scheduled to fly back on Monday. Can't actually call it service but forced attendance!

(Brazil)

Flight from Lisbon to Salvador (Brazil). We left on time but staff was very rude and never took care of the requests of the passengers. I asked for headphones but they took 2 hours to arrive and half an hour for a glass of water. The entertainment system was not working properly and some movies never started playing. The speakers were really bad and we could barely hear the announcements. The seats are old and quite uncomfortable. Food was ok and we arrived on time.