TAP Portugal

"a surprise"

Review by (Hungary)

At Lisbon airport we were informed that the TAP Portugal aircraft had been replaced and the substitute aircraft was smaller so we had been moved to another flight. This meant a 3 hour delay at the airport. We were advised to go to the Customer Service desk and there we would receive compensation (2x250EUR) what was a surprise for us as we hadn't complained. On the way back from Madeira to Budapest we had to change in Lisbon (to a flight operated by Lufthansa) and had to pick up and drop off again our bags, we only had 45 minutes. They put priority tags on our luggage and we managed to board in time.
RouteLisbon to Madeira
Date FlownJuly 2015

"smiley and very caring crew"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Very positive experience flying with TAP Portugal from Lisbon to Manchester on Friday the 28th of August. We departed on time and reached Manchester 20 min ahead of schedule. Lovely lunch served on board with great red wine. Smiley and very caring crew. Very enjoyable flight with TAP.
RouteLIsbon to Manchester
Date FlownAugust 2015

"we were positively surprised"

Review by (Austria)

Very good experience this time. Having flown TAP Portugal several times about two years ago, we expected a chaotic check-in at LIS and arrived well in time. However, we were positively surprised by the very efficient check-in at LIS, which hardly took about 20-30 minutes from getting to the airport to passing the security control (and we even had oversized luggage). Flight started on time and arrived even before schedule in VIE. Plane was clean, leg room was what you can expect these days in economy class in Europe. Food was consistent with an afternoon flight. Both on-board and ground staff were very friendly, especially to families with children (like us).
RouteLIS to VIE

TAP Portugal customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

On board crew were nice, but the plane was old and dirty. I tried to book vegetarian meals for 8, but was told that I would have to pay 15 euros each. They said the rules were changed in July, they didn't care that I had purchased my tickets well before July and they had not informed me of any changes. They are happy to provide free alcohol and meat, but not the cheaper vegetarian option.
RouteLondon to Lisbon

Review by (Portugal)

The reception and service during the flight was kind, the cabin crew members always smiled. The food was great (dinner). The aircraft was clean, flight was fifteen minutes ahead schedule time. Compared to other airlines in EU I should say that they are a little above the standard.
RouteLisbon to Brussels

Review by (Portugal)

My flight was from Lisbon to Boa Vista, Cape Verde and I was offered an executive seat due to a last minute plane change so I didn't pay the difference which was excellent. In first class we were given free magazines and newspapers, a welcome drink and the amenity kit before the service. The food wasn't the best but the taste was quite good. For a 4 hour flight the service was excellent as well as all the attention given to us all the time (except for the inflight entertainment).
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLisbon to Cape verde

Review by (Portugal)

A good experience with TAP. This is the fifth time this year that I am flying with them. A meal, a pre booked seat and 23 kgs baggage allowance is a good deal. Service on board is good and flight attendants are nice. On the way back to London, I was pleasantly surprised. When I had a recommendation/suggestion to the chief cabin, I was given more than attention and a good experience.
AircraftA321/320
RouteLHR to LIS return

TAP Portugal customer review

Review by (United States)

Miami to Rome via Lisbon in June 2015 and Venice to Miami via Lisbon in July 2015. TAP did a fantastic job on all legs of our journey. The food was great, flight crew was respectful and competent. The aircraft was clean, flights were on time. And it is was the least expensive flight available.
RouteVenice to Miami via Lisbon

Review by (Germany)

I fly up to Lisbon on a near weekly basis generally on Lufthansa. When there are no seats left I'm force to book with TAP. I'm continuously disappointed and frustrated with TAP, last year I missed my wedding anniversary dinner when I took the mid-afternoon flight home. At Lisbon and with 10 minutes to go before scheduled boarding were suddenly told there was a 6 hour delay! If they'd told us earlier I'd have got another airline and made the dinner. When I wrote a constructive letter to TAP the Costumer service replied saying she was unable to 'communicate' reasons for delays. Second attempt, an automatic reply, until today no one reply on a proper way to my complain. Once again I was forced to fly TAP for the first time in a year and I got a 2 hours delayed flight, this is shocking. Once again why or why are they so dreadfully poor on punctuality! The snack they offered on board was worst since last time. Shocking airline which does not seem to be improving. By the way in 3 years on Lufthansa I have been delayed once for 20 minutes.
RouteMunich to Lisbon

Review by (France)

I flew to Lisbon on a very old Fokker 100. On the way back the flight was packed, due to limit weight some luggage had to stay in Lisbon. The crew on board was not attentive throughout the flight. Same horrible snacks offered (choice of sweet/salty) and if one asks for both a sweet and salty snack (since they're so small) the crew will refuse to serve you both. Having paid €360 for my ticket I was hoping for a slightly higher value for money which didn't happen. TAP is losing the race, with this company never again.
AircraftF100