TAP Portugal

"it was not a bad flight"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Oporto. For a short haul flight of just over 2 hours it was not a bad flight. Check-in at LGW was easy. Boarding was orderly and on time. The seat configuration is 3+3. The legroom is not too good but this was a short flight. There was no conventional type in-flight entertainment. The meal served was a roll with a choice of drinks including wine. As I said before it was a short-haul flight.
RouteGatwick to Oporto
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"my hand luggage is not here"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. Just at the airport in Lisbon and my hand luggage is not here. Normally this type of bag should stay in the plane but they didn’t have enough space to carry all the hand luggage so they took mine away and now it’s lost. Pretty unorganised airline, I would recommend it at all.
RouteFrankfurt to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"my worst travel experience"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Luanda to São Paulo via Lisbon. So far one of my worst travel experience in Business Class. Aircraft of 25 years old with business class seat from decades poorly maintained. Food far from what the Portuguese gastronomy could offer. Flight entertainment on such aircraft are far from any others airlines. When buying airplane ticket on TAP may you have to travel on A340 my advise is to take another airlines. On A330 make sure you get the refurbish aircraft. It is a shame selling business class ticket at such price to offer a so poor flight experience!
RouteLuanda to São Paulo via Lisbon

"They lost our luggage"

Trip Verified | Faro to Barcelona via Lisbon. Never in my life would I let my enemies go to their vacation with TAP Portugal. Rude, clueless and uncaring employees across the organization. They lost our luggage, offered no support for us and kept giving us the runaround. The answer was sorry we cannot do anything for you and it was always us having to chase them around to be given incorrect answers. never in my life will I fly with this sad excuse of an airline again.
RouteFaro to Barcelona via Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst company ever flown"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | This company is the worst I ever flown. My ticket premium economy was confirmed and I was denied on the flight due overbooking. TAP always sell more tickets than seats available, during the summer and let many passengers on ground without re protection on the same day. They offered me hotel and compensation but the damage was huge for me professionally speaking. I slept 3 hrs to catch the next flight to Milano the day after and my hold luggage was lost. Worst company ever flown. Ground stuff rude and not willing to help pax remained on ground.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLisbon to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Avoid this airline at all cost"

Trip Verified | Terrible! We left for a long awaited vacation Boston to Venice via Lisbon. We left Boston on time and were supposed to have a 70 minute layover in Lisbon but upon arrival our flight to Venice was boarding. TAP refused to let us board and re-booked us for a flight 8 hours later. When we finally arrived Venice we had no luggage. The people at the airport told us that there was no unclaimed luggage from TAP and sent us on our way. The next day we spent hours on the phone with TAP trying to track down our luggage and got nowhere! Every "customer service" person (except 1) was rude, incompetent, and not the least bit helpful! We were "accidentally" disconnected and told "NO" when requesting to speak with a supervisor. It was a complete exercise in, finger-pointing, frustration and huge run-around. We finally went back to the airport ourselves and one dedicated staffer helped us find our (now badly damaged!) luggage. We lost 1.5 days of a long awaited vacation because of TAP's carelessness, ignorance and sheer incompetence! We did also file a written complaint on TAP's "customer service" section of its website and a week later - still no response! Avoid this airline at all cost!
RouteBoston to Venice via Lisbon

"Cabin crew professional"

Trip Verified | It is time for a positive review of TAP. Flew Lisbon to Amsterdam. If you book a "red" seat you will have lots of space for a comfortable flight. I fly often (gold flying blue, gold BA, gold Turkish) but always prefer TAP. Even in economy small nice meal. Cabin crew professional and I have always encountered helpful staff at contact center.
RouteLisbon to Amsterdam

"ignorant and indifferent"

Trip Verified | Faro to Toronto via Lisbon. Staff wherever you go have an unmatched attitude. Ignorant and indifferent - start to finish! In every situation, they weren’t even trying but quick to give a sassy answer. Never again: avoid TAP at all costs!
RouteFaro to Toronto via Lisbon

"has unreliable service"

Trip Verified | I was flying with my girlfriend from Fes to London via Lisbon. The flight out of Fes was badly delayed, and no information was provided to any passengers or airport staff until after the scheduled take-off time, effectively preventing passengers from making any alternate arrangements or switching their flights or connections. The plane arrived after hours of delay, and flew in to Lisbon so late (on a Sunday night) that all connections had been missed. The replacement flights offered left Monday at noon, causing me to miss a day of work. I filed a complaint with the airline, which registered quickly on their system as having been received, but no progress has been made in the 140 days since the complaint was filed, and there has been no communication on when it will be reviewed. Since this incident, my girlfriend has had another flight badly delayed by TAP flying out of Dakar. In summary - the airline has unreliable service, and they provide no means for compensation. In the future, I ill be willing to pay double the price of a TAP offering in order to avoid them as a carrier.
RouteFes to London via Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer services desk was closed"

Trip Verified | Porto to Athens via Lisbon. The original flight from Porto to Lisbon was delayed for more than 1.5 hours resulting in me missing my connecting flight to Athens. The airline automatically booked me onto a flight to Athens via Frankfurt the next morning meaning I would arrive in Athens 11.5 hours later than my scheduled arrival. This massive delay resulted in me missing my booked onward journey by bus to my final destination in Greece. Furthermore once on the ground in Lisbon the TAP customer services desk was closed (as the time was past midnight) and I could not speak to anyone so as to get booked into a hotel for the night so I had to go through security once more using my new boarding pass to speak to the lost and found department staff that got me a hotel room. In the end (by this point the time was already 02.00 in the morning and my flight to Frankfurt was at 08.30) but no other food or drinks vouchers. Once I arrived in Athens I found out that my checked piece of luggage had been lost somewhere in this journey and so had to leave the airport with no clothes or essentials so as to at least be on time for my rebooked bus journey to my holiday destination. I have filed a claim for compensation and await the airline’s response.
RoutePorto to Athens via Lisbon