TAP Portugal

"Most frustrating flights"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Lisbon. Most frustrating flights in a long time - within a day of leaving Lisbon for Amsterdam we were notified that the return flight had been cancelled. No TAP contact details, no city office, no explanation, no optional alternatives. After a dozen calls (paid line) and 2 hours+ we finally managed to book another flight - whole service was worse than useless - it was also rude and abusive. The flight was not TAP but an Italian line Neosair and left 1.5 hrs late. Similarly the return from Amsterdam was over 2 hrs late. I would accept things can happens, but please try to inform staff of the whole situation and provide assistance to resolve the issue. I’ve not had this negative situation with many previous TAP flights.
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2018

"one of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Prague via Lisbon. This one of the worst experiences I had ever. Firstly, when I bought the ticket on-line I din't see anywhere how much I have to pay for my baggage. I was surprised to find when I was about to drop it off at the airport that I have to pay an extra $120 for my only checked bag which I found to be outrageous. This was by far the highest baggage fee that I've ever paid. I was given the impression when I bought the ticket that I can make an early check-in which actually I did just to find later, on the flight day, that the seats that I've chosen were lost and eventually I've got new seats way back at the end of the plane. The only sort of better experience was that at the counter, that lady that took my baggage, gave me, at my request' a better seat. The last straw cane when we were announced that due to weather condition, the flight will be delayed by an hour and a half. Incidentally, other flights who were due to depart about the same time, left on-time. This made me to lose my connecting flight and my vacation started sour because of this guys. All my plans went astray since I've got to destination much later than planned.
RouteToronto to Prague via Lisbon

"was really rude to me"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Nantes. We ended up our nice holidays in Portugal with bad vibes and the staff definitely doesn’t reflect the friendliness of Portuguese people. 1h of delay (had to wait main of the time in the aircraft and they didn’t turn on the AC, everyone were so hot. The snack wasn’t tasty and they don’t have for vegetarian people. The flight attendants were so unfriendly, may be they should train them how to smile to the customers - one of the flight attendants was really rude to me. I was putting my feet/shoes on the back seat in the front of me (as I always do when I travel, it’s the first one someone say this to me). I’ve been surprise but the way she told me it was more surprising. We ended up our nice holidays in Portugal with bad vibes and the staff definitely doesn’t reflect the friendliness of Portuguese people.
RouteLisbon to Nantes

"very poor communication"

Trip Verified | London to Casablanca via Lisbon. My flight was cancelled without notice on the 25th March. As I have checked in online and obtained my boarding pass, I went straight to the security only to be told there was a problem with my service. When I went to the TAP counter, I was told "Your flight has been cancelled, go to the Ticketing service and purchase a new flight. You better hurry, there's a long queue". When asked if I will get refund, the staff told me "I don't know, you should purchase a new ticket, that's what everyone's been doing". I was baffled, no apology nor explanation of cancellation. I never received any email or phone call informing me of any cancellation. When a flight is cancelled, the airline needs to rebook the passenger on to the next flight, and I was told to purchase a new ticket on the same day for 3x the price? I called their customer care and managed to have TAP rebook me on a different flight. However, when asked why the flight was cancelled, I was told that they are not aware of the reason as well. How is this even possible? 3 days later I am still trying to get the reason of cancellation. I have called customer service, sent complaint letter, sent email to their refunds department as instructed by their customer service. Very poor communication and customer service!!!
RouteLondon to Casablanca via Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2018

"charming, helpful, professional and friendly"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | I've always liked TAP Portugal. I’m flying between Central Europe and Portugal 3 to 4 times a year and I’ve never ever had a bad experience with TAP. This time from Lisbon to Vienna and back was no different. Flight back was delayed, however, information was sufficient and they apologised for the delay several times, including from the cockpit. Cabins of their planes are fresh and airy, seats brand new. The flight attendants were charming, helpful, professional and friendly, so that the whole atmosphere was welcoming and nice.
AircraftA320/A321
RouteLisbon to Vienna

"terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Porto via Lisbon. Terrible experience with TAP yet again. Delayed departure from Manchester meant that I had minutes to make a connection to Porto from Lisbon. The flight from Lisbon to Porto was then cancelled without reason. The only information I could get from the TAP staff is that they might be able to find a bus to put me on later that night about 4 hours after my scheduled departure. Basically I was abandoned and given no option of an alternative flight. They don't even give their customers the courtesy of responding to requests for flight refunds. I have basically been robbed of my money for the flight between Lisbon and Porto. Avoid this airline at all costs!
RouteManchester to Porto via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Vegetarians beware"

Trip Verified | Flew Miami to Lisbon. Vegetarians beware! It seems that TAP Portugal sees being a vegetarian as some sort of special condition. There are no vegetarian meal options on board, they have to be ordered in advance as a "special meal". Apart from that the flight was fine although the inflight entertainment system seemed to have been installed in the early 90´s. The crew did their job thoroughly although a smile from the flight attendants here and there would certainly not hurt. Considering the reasonable fare I would fly TAP again but this time order my food in advance to avoid arriving hungry.
RouteMiami to Lisbon

"my TAP trip was superb"

Trip Verified | I loved everything about my recent TAP experience flying from New York JFK to Lisbon . Having read many lukewarm to negative reviews about the airline I was hesitant about booking with them and only did so because they had the best price on a nonstop to Lisbon from New York (in Business Class). I approached the JFK with trepidation, wondering if I'd made a mistake. Not to worry, my experience was 100% positive and I'm frankly annoyed with the highly critical reviews I'd read. For that reason alone I have just joined Skytrax as a reviewer to give another perspective to future clients of TAP Portugal. My seat (2C) was the first in the row of Business Class, very comfortable and with extra storage space on the side surfaces. The pillow was soft and comfortable as was the blanket. My lie flat seat let me sleep with ease and the entertainment was superb. Virtually every new film of the past season was available-a fantastic selection. The flight attendants on both flights were charming, helpful, professional and friendly. I found myself thinking about (and quite bothered by) the negative reviews while I was onboard, being treated royally. Nonstop (no pun intended) smiling and service was what I encountered. So much so that I offered thanks while in flight on the way home. The Business Class lounge in Lisbon had outstanding, warm, just-cooked puff pastries both savory and sweet. Tray after tray came out of the kitchen-fresh and delicious. Composed salads, cheeses, drinks, I could go on and on about the free lounge selections. When I asked a cleaning person if I should bring my finished dishes over to where her cart was, she smiled at me and said no, she'd come over to where my plates were. Everyone was so hard-working and pleasant in the lounge. Much appreciated. The meals on the flight home were delicious, starting with a copious serving of smoked salmon and a delicious soup (choose the pasta entree!) All in all my TAP trip was superb and I highly recommend this airline to anyone considering flying with them.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York JFK to Lisbon

"airline is not good"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Fortaleza. This airline is not good but if you have a delay or cancelled trip you will really notice how bad it is. They just let you on your own and do not even give you a hotel even when you are more than 24 hours delayed. It's really worth to pay bit more for a western European airline.
RouteLisbon to Fortaleza
Date FlownMarch 2018

"customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | I booked my flight from Lisbon to London online, as there is no option to specifically add sports equipment I just added an additional bag (@ 60 Euros) to cover the piece of sports equipment I was travelling with. During check-in I was informed that sports equipment had to be paid for separately, this was to cost an additional 50 Euros. Rather than just use the additional baggage fee that I'd already paid I was made to pay again. It's now a month later and I'm still waiting for my initial 60 Euros to be refunded. TAP customer service is terrible!
RouteLisbon to London Heathrow