TAP Portugal

"disappointment with TAP"

Trip Verified | I want to express my disappointment with TAP in regards to a cancelled flight to Lisbon earlier this morning. Additionally, there was lack of communication as we weren’t informed what so ever of the cancellation until check in by the extremely rude and unprofessional staff who refused to assist us in any way. The apparent reasoning of the cancellation was that there was no fuel which we find ridiculous as we have paid for a service to get to a destination, not wait around a lengthy day being sent from city to city in order to get to our final destination. We booked a direct flight and have been sent to Madrid 15 hours later. We were supposed to arrive in Lisbon at 8am and now being expected to arrive close to 12am the next day. We are very understanding to unfortunate circumstances occurring but this matter to us and many who have been in the same position is not unfortunate. It is pure unprofessionalism especially when many passengers of this flight were sent from counter to counter in order to try and seek a resolution. We are absolutely appalled and would not recommend TAP Air Portugal to anyone!!!
RouteBilbao to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"was very chaotic"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Funchal. The flight was due to leave at 11:10 pm but only took off at 00:40 of the following day. Everything was very chaotic and instead of using an available air bridge they used the bus to take passengers to a remote location where the plane was parked.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | We were due to fly out of Faro to Frankfurt via Lisbon and then on to Vancouver. The flight was scheduled to leave around 8 am. At 3:30am we received an email telling us the flight was cancelled and they had cancelled all connecting flights. We were told the Faro-Lisbon flight was cancelled because they had no flight crew. We were put on a flight the next day but we lost our premium economy seats from Frankfurt to Vancouver because they were already full. We were seated in economy. The flight from Frankfurt to Vancouver was late and we missed our next flight to our home town outside of Vancouver. When I attempted to contact TAP I was told I had to deal with TAP USA. I filled out their form for compensation and submitted it with the receipts. I have now submitted their form 6 times. I received one reply stating that they could only compensate the premium economy miles and could credit our air miles. I replied that would be fine and got back an acknowledgment, in Portuguese, telling me to submit the form again. I did and received another form stating the time to respond had passed and I needed to submit it again. And still I wait. There is no question as to whether or not I would ever fly TAP again.
RouteFaro to Frankfurt via Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2018

"enjoyed our flight and recommend"

Trip Verified | We flew from Lisbon to Casablanca with TAP. Check-in in Lisbon was quick and easy with a dedicated area for CIP. We found out that TAP recently opened a new lounge in Lisbon which was quite good. The offerings included a very broad selection of cold and warm food, as well as desserts. There was also a bar and a huge selection of well temperated wines for self-serve. The flight from Lisbon to Casablanca was some 90 minutes. Good food was served and a good variety of soft drinks, wines and spirits. Friendly crew. We enjoyed our flight and recommend TAP.
RouteLisbon to Casablanca
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"cancelled my flight"

Trip Verified | Porto to London. TAP are utterly useless. They cancelled my flight with no warning and now refuse to either compensate me or listen to my complaint. When I went to the ticket desk at Porto airport to ask how I could get home they had nothing to say to me : they simply handed me a card with a link to a website which does not work and told me to complain. Do not fly with this airline.
RoutePorto to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"value for money is very good"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Munich. The crew was nice and attentive. The food was very good and enough to eat. The selection of soft drinks, wines and liquors was above average. The interior of the aircraft was stylish and modern. The plane was not delayed. The lounge in Lisbon is very good. Very satisfied with TAP Air Portugal. I would choose them again which I actually just did: Our next flight to Dakar will also be with TAP because they have the best departure times and a very good service. The value for money is very good.
RouteLisbon to Munich
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Vienna to New York via Lisbon. The flight from Vienna failed to make its connection at Lisbon and I was stranded overnight in Lisbon. The reason: the plane was not given enough fuel to remain in a circling patten over the Lisbon airport while it waited for the runway to become available, so without any explanation at the time, the pilot suddenly aborted the landing (about 3 min out) and flew instead to Faro. After some delay, we were told only that the aborted landing was due to 'restrictions at Lisbon). The plane sat on a runway in Faro for over an hour for refueling, upon which we returned to Lisbon. The entire experience was harrowing (primarily the suddenly aborted landing with delayed (and misleading) explanation. TAP refused to upgrade my seat to Business class as compensation for the harrowing experience and missed connection. I have lost hundreds of dollars in a missed hotel booking in NY and additional expenses incurred due to the failure of TAP to put sufficient fuel in its plane. TAP should know that delays are likely at the Lisbon airport. There is simply no excuse for what we went through and for the refusal to upgrade my seat on the delayed final leg. The only means of communication to try to get compensation is through their website which is unresponsive. I will never use this airline again.
Route Vienna to New York via Lisbon

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Lisbon. I bought my tickets in February as I planned a long relax weekend with a friend departing Friday returning Monday. Friday Flight was departing at 6:20 am, I got an SMS on Thursday at 11PM that my flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on flight departing at 15:30 - so 1 day holiday down the drain. Monday I was meant to depart at 15:55, I got an SMS at 7am that my flight was cancelled and I was rebooked to 19:55 (the next day). My friend who lives in London and used BA left as scheduled. I had to pay for an additional hotel night and managed to catch a flight at 12:40 after calling customer service and demand they find a return even if on another airline. I had to lose another day of holiday. Customer service has no empathy, they are rude, and complain to you that they have too many calls. My view is don't cancel flights at the last minute and people will not call. TAP is shady, won't disclose reasons for cancellation and does not tell you about your rights (under EU 261), which they are obliged to under this legislation. I have filed a claim. I am wondering what reason they will advise: there are no non TAP strikes, no weather issues. Avoid this airline, 2 out of 2 flights failed
RouteBrussels to Lisbon

"Staff very unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Recife via Lisbon. The first leg was delayed for 1 hour therefore misser connecting flight before they arrange a hotel I had to wait more then 4 hours. When they booked me on another flight I had a 24 hour delay. I had premium boarding which was ok however as soon as you approach the bus they make a selection again and premium boarding is useless. Staff very unfriendly same as quality of information. If I can choose another airline I will certainly do.
RouteAmsterdam to Recife via Lisbon
Date FlownJune 2018

"no alternative of rescheduling"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Funchal to Lisbon. They canceled my flight booked for 1st July while offering absolutely no explanation or presenting an apology. Actually I believe this airline has never heard of the concept of apologizing to their costumers who pay for their salaries. They sent me a SMS less than a week before the flight and offer no alternative of rescheduling it. Obviously this causes undue stress to passengers particularly in high season. Only fly with them if you need to. One month ago I have also receive a SMS informing that a flight would depart one day earlier which ended up being an inexcusable mistake. If you call them you will be one hour holding on the line and pay a lot.
RouteFunchal to Lisbon