Best Economy Class Seats

TAP Portugal

"service was terrible"

Verified Review | I flew on Flight TP228/832 Miami to Rome via Lisbon. The seats were terribly uncomfortable and food was awful. The entertainment was awful with old movies. The service was terrible. no one was available I have a return flight scheduled for August 5 on Flight TP837/829 Rome to Miami which I was finally able to reach TAP in Portugal to cancel. The rep told me the penalty to cancel is $400.00 which I accepted but she could not tell me the amount of my refund and if I wanted to know I would have to wait one month then email TAP. She could not talk to the refund dept or transfer me.
RouteMIA to FCO via LIS
Date FlownJune 2016

"food and service are really bad"

(Austria)

Vienna to Lisbon on a very old A330, however quite comfortable long haul seats. Back on a A320 with the usual 3 hour delay. Food and service are really bad, drinks (Portuguese wines) are good. Especially on the way back the crew were chatting and having fun, they did not care about the passengers. No welcome drinks, they provided menus but were out of 1 (of 2!) options with only 3 passengers in business class. Will I fly them again? Certainly not.
RouteVIE to LIS

"cabin crew professional"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | Relaxed flight from Lisbon to Munich. Cabin crew professional and really nice. Catering almost non existent, however they still offer nice Portuguese wines. Love the old school seats, so comfortable. I always loved TAP and I am happy that they did not change for the worse like most of the European companies.
RouteLIS to MUC

"last time I fly TAP"

Second huge delay in a week. Came to Funchal from Geneva a week ago. Connecting flight in Lisbon left 4 hours late, no crew. Landed in Funchal at 3 in the morning instead of 11 pm. Today, return flight to Geneva, technical problem, plane is not leaving, connecting flight in Lisbon is lost. No idea when we will arrive in Geneva. Maybe not today. Last time I fly TAP. Never again.
RouteFNC to LIS

"campaign is misleading"

Verified Review | Boston to Lisbon with TAP Portugal. Do not take this airline if you're looking for flat bed business class seats. We got the old angled ones outbound and just checked in for our flight back to Boston and they are angle flat seats again. The PR campaign about flat bed seats is misleading. I'll never fly TAP again. I'll only fly airlines that really have flat bed business class seats like BA, LH and others.
RouteBOS to LIS

"perfect experience"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Lisbon with TAP Portugal. Had the pleasure to fly for a short holiday to Lisbon in Business Class. Perfect experience. Choice of Lunch (Beef or Pasta), Aperitif and Chocolate. Very nice welcoming crew. On the way back a good breakfast was served. On both flights captain waiting for the guests at the entrance. Seat were very comfortable. Can definately recomend TAP.
RouteDUS to LIS

"Never use TAP Portugal"

Never use TAP Portugal. I booked my Manchester to Lisbon flight on 15 January to travel on 24 June and yesterday received an email offering me an upgrade of a different flight and time. So I then spent over 2 hours trying to get through to TAP which I finally did to be told that they had changed the flight times on 20 Jan. The admitted that they had not sent an email - no apology - no explanation. I asked what they were prepared to offer as compensation and was told nothing. I asked what happens about the train tickets which we cannot use and will not get a refund. I was then told to call Claims department the following day. I wonder how long that will take. Having read other reviews goodness only knows what time we will take of as it seems that they rarely run to time.
RouteMAN to LIS
Date FlownJune 2016

"overall a good experience"

Manchester to Lisbon return. First time flyer with TAP and hopefully won't be the last. Efficient boarding, flights on time on both flights. Friendly well presented crew. Comfortable seats, adequate leg room for my 6 ft 2 friend for a 2.5 hour flight. Food provided was a bonus on a short flight, cold but rather tasteless sandwich on flight out but hot chicken on return trip. Tasty red wine too. Only negative was that seats chosen in advance were not provided when checking in online Overall a good experience.
RouteMAN to LIS
Date FlownJune 2016

"brand new and comfortable"

Verified Review | First time using new Air shuttle (TAP Express) between Lisbon and Porto in their new turbo pro ATR 72-600. The check in at Lisbon airport for this service is in a dedicated area and priority security at Lisbon Terminal 1. Took me a total of 10 minutes from Check in to the gate to board. The flight was on time and the aircraft looked brand new and comfortable. We departed 5 minutes late but arrived on time. Very smooth 50 min flight with the young cabin crew staff offering a little fruit juice and water to people. I will totally use it again to travel between Lisbon and Porto.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteLIS to OPO
Date FlownMay 2016

"Cabin staff were friendly"

(Poland)

Verified Review | From Berlin to PDL Azores via LIS. Great service on each of the four sectors. All flights on time. Snack and free drink was served, the best meal and drink is usually offered on evening flight - warm meal and free wine. Free check in baggage allowance of 23kg is quite nice. Cabin staff were friendly, communicative and responding to passenger needs. Seats on board TAP A320/319 are comfortable, the bad thing is that the configuration seems a bit crowded, this may be especially annoying on A319 on a longer flight. Loved their portuguese attitude to passengers and attendance. Would deffinitely recommend them and use their service again.
AircraftA320 / A319