Vote Now

TAP Portugal

"service was good as always"

Verified Review | This particular flight took me from Lisbon to Miami. Unfortunately, it was in an older version of the A330 so the entertainment was lacking. Instead of interactive, the movies all started on a 2 hour schedule. The bad part was that there were 2 channels dedicated to each movie and channels 1-2 weren't being used. Thus, you ended up 5 movies instead of 13. Not a big deal, but had I known, I probably would have flown back through New York. The service was good as always as was the food. For lunch they served the ubiquitous salted co, in this case made with cream (which happens to be my favorite). The pre-landing snack was not at all my cup of tea. It was a piece of bread with a side of mortadela and cheese so that you could build your own sandwich. The seats were very comfortable and even had the small foot rest which is rare these days. Aircraft departed on time and arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule. What else could one ask for?
AircraftA330-200
RouteLisbon to Miami
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"great service, and good food "

Verified Review | Munich to Lisbon. On this particular trip, I flew in the day prior, nonstop from Houston to Munich on United Airlines. This allowed me to spend a day and a half sightseeing before continuing the following evening to Lisbon on TAP. The flight was in the A320 and the aircraft was well kept, with a clean and fairly new interior. The staff was very attentive and professional as I have come to expect from European carriers. What set this particular flight apart was the fact that the dinner was hot and quite good. Living in the U.S. I am accustomed to just getting pretzels and not very good ones for that matter. Yes, the staple food of the U.S. the peanut has been exchanged for an unpalatable bag of pretzels. As I was eating my Bavarian Spaetzle, I could not help wonder how it was that the food on this short 2hr trip was infinitely better in every way than the food I had eaten on my 9hr Transatlantic flight. TAP offers a perfect combination of reasonably priced tickets, great service, and good food - to top it off it is done with modern equipment that is well taken care of.
RouteMUC to LIS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"seats are very comfortable and nice"

Verified Review | New York JFK - Lisbon. I normally take UA out of EWR but TAP Portugal was much nicer since the departure was late (23.40) and the arrival into Lisbon was well after rush hour (11.30). The Recaro lie flat seats are very comfortable and nice, since they have several pre-selectable positions such as: Take Off and Landing, eating, relaxing 1 & 2 and sleeping. While you are virtually lying flat the only slight hiccup is that your feet are slightly angled downwards. The dinner was quite good and offered a selection of Shrimp, Filet or Vegetarian, I chose the steak which was good albeit a bit underdone. The cabin crew were attentive and professional throughout the flight. The entertainment system was stocked with the latest movies such as The Accountant, Bridget Jones' Baby and a few other new movies as opposed to the U.S. carriers that seem to offer a selection of movies that don't even run on HBO anymore. Overall the flight was uneventful and we even managed to arrive 45 minutes ahead of schedule. The nicest part was undoubtedly the late departure of the flight, I only made my mind up to go at 14.30 that day and I still had to get from Houston to NY.
AircraftA330-200 Version 1
RouteNew York JFK to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Overbooking is TAP policy "

Verified Review | Lisbon to Casablanca. Overbooking is TAP Portugal policy apparently. I was denied boarding along with in total of 3 other passengers. Employees do not know or want to help you out with the issue. Compensation took forever to be recieved. They placed in next flight but wat good is that? They didn't even ask for volunteers to come forward to change their seat for compensation.
RouteLisbon to Casablanca
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin crew was professional"

Verified Review | Did a weekend trip Gatwick to Lisbon return. Booked direct with TAP Portugal, the price was very good and the times the best to fit my needs. Both flights were on time, the cabin crew was professional, plus a little snack in both flights are always pleasant. I will continue to use them when I go to Lisbon.
RouteGatwick to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"sitting in stress, confusion"

Verified Review | Zurich to Marrakech via Lisbon. We wanted to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary in Morocco and trusted TAP for our flights. Our schedule was to fly Zürich to Marrakech on 29 December, spend 1 night in Marrakech and start our Sahara Tour on 30th December at 8am. The flight was delayed and what was not appreciated is the fact that we were made waiting inside the plane without no information what was going on. Only after more than one hour of sitting in stress, confusion and cluelessness, we were informed about the Navigation problem. As consequence, we missed our connecting flight to Marrakech at 9.25am. Due to the full seat of all flights to Marrakech that day, we had to spend a night in Lisbon and flew the following day. We tried to explain to the staff that we had to fly on the same day because we already confirmed/paid several arrangements but we still had to fly on December 30th 2016, at 9.25am. Due to this delay, we missed the change to Marrakech and planned some surprises for my husband on this day were all ruined. Therefore we missed 4 hours of the tour, leaving out some of the destinations planned, and arrived so late in our hotel. 10 days later. We came home from Morocco, sat on the plane and was announced that they're the best airline (too busy being shocked to hear which media that appointed them).
RouteZurich to Marrakech via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the worst internet site"

Verified Review | Porto to Gatwick with TAP Portugal. Probably the worst internet site it has been my experience to deal with and as for the Vitoria programme (when you can get into it) is even worse. As for trying to contact the company using their advertised numbers (landline and Skype) a total waste of time. Get the feeling I'm frustrated. Nothing wrong with the flying experience but that's it.
RoutePorto to Gatwick
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"not a real business class"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Accra via Lisbon with TAP Portugal. The first thing I noticed was that this was not a real business class. It was the normal three seats, but the middle seat no one was allowed to sit. I could not fathom not having any inflight entertainment. The flight was delayed from London for 2 hours, we sat on the runway waiting to move with not even a choice of water while we waited. We therefore arrived in Lisbon 2 hours late and therefore missing my connecting flight. While in Lisbon it was utter confusion as no one knew where to go. TAP in their infinite wisdom scheduled another flight for us on Royal Air Maroc without telling us. Our baggage went missing and we had to go to Lost and Found to locate our luggage. One of the rudest people I have ever met in Lost and Found told us we had to wait anywhere from half our to an hour while they locate our luggage, which would be sent to the baggage area. While we waited we had to stand as there were no chairs. When we asked Lost and Found if they could speed the process as we might miss the new connecting flight, the rude staff said "you have to wait" as she continued looking at her computer screen. While we waited for the new flight and airline, TAP did not offer us any food or drinks while we waited. I however thank them for the change of airline Royal Air Maroc, as they were much better than TAP Portugal.
RouteLondon to Accra via Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"if you can, avoid the A340"

Verified Review | Hamburg to Miami via Lisbon in business class. This was a mixed experience. The short flight from Hamburg on an old A319 was okay. In business, TAP Portugal simply leave the middle seat open. Space and recline are limited. I had a window seat and found it pretty narrow. Would probably choose the aisle seat next time. No welcome drink. Only after 30 minutes in the air the service started. Breakfast was average. Staff friendly and professional. On request I got a pillow and a blanket. Flight from Lisbon to Miami on outdated A340-300 was below my expectation for the hard product. The seats were at least 20 years old and some parts were shaking and moving. Space is very limited (especially for feet in lie-flat position). Seats have and angle when flat. So for a day flight it was okay. At night I would avoid this airplane. Foot was between good and very good but small portions. I had three shrimps and something funny as side for main course. The Service was good and friendly but once they forgot to bring me my espresso and then they skipped me with the obviously nice chocolate selection. So all in all I would recommend the airline if you can avoid the A340 (especially when the price is a real bargain like in my case). Will return on the A330 and write another review to compare them.
AircraftA319 / A340-300
RouteHAM to MIA via LIS
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"nice and communicative crew"

Verified Review | A319 from Frankfurt to Lisbon (CS-TTF) seemed to be recently retrofitted. Nice and spacious seats (6F) with power supply and ipad holder. Very nice and communicative crew. Flight on time. Captain welcoming the passengers with two extensive announcements. Nice experience in a very smooth flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Lisbon