TAP Portugal

"always have an enjoyable experience"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Frequent flyer on "Ponte Aérea" over the last few months and always have an enjoyable experience. Staff always available and prompt to change my flight to an early on if there is availability of seats. The weather on the day of flight had been bad in the morning in Porto which caused several delays but everything was well informed and the staff was always trying to accelerate the boarding process as possible in order to reduce the successive delays. Nice staff, served a choice of savory/sweet snack and several options of drinks even for a 40min flight. Will keep my preference.
AircraftATR 72
RouteLisbon to Porto
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Try to avoid this company"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Lisbon. Selling so called "business", but you sitin standard economy and only advantage is that you don't need to pay for a seat selection or luggage. It's not even fast-track ready! The crew is so annoyed, unwelcome and they even don't want to use visit toilets by passengers in front of the aircraft as they wanted private - which is crazy, if you take you bought business and they told you "go on the back". And the fact they are not a cheap or low-cost company make this even worst. Try to avoid this company.
RoutePrague to Lisbon

"TAP product fell short"

Trip Verified | London City to Lisbon. I decided to try this new route as I live close to London City. The booking process was easy but I was surprised when I checked in 24 hours before my flight (their website advertised 3 days check in which was not correct) I wasn't able to change my seat unless if I pay. The flight was delayed by around 30-40 mins and there was no communication before hand. The plane was ok - not particularly new or clean but the pitch was reasonable. I like the layout of E-190 as it's 2 seats each side. I have to say though that the seat was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Service was very minimum and not very professional. Overall an ok flight considering how easy City Airport is but TAP product fell short.
AircraftE-190
RouteLondon City to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I will avoid using TAP."

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel from Lisbon back to London City as my returning leg. Checked in 24 hours ahead and assign my seat. I was planning to leave Lisbon city centre to the airport 2.5 hours ahead (as I was told the queue in the airport is long) and just wanted to confirm my seat while I was having lunch with friend. I noticed that they had change the airplane from E-190 to A320, and they have also changed the destination to London Heathrow. I understand that airlines have to cancel flights sometimes due to various reasons but it is unacceptable to do it without noticing passengers affected (and they put me on an earlier flight so I could have missed it). To be honest the onboard service was acceptable, the plane was spotless (but pitch was very tight and again very hard seats). The lack of communication is a let down and I will avoid using TAP. From Heathrow it took me an additional hour to reach home.
AircraftE-190
RouteLisbon to London City

"Never again with TAP"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with TAP service. It's the worst that I have ever experienced. I bought my ticket in January and canceled the same day. I read that if you cancel within 24 hours the full refund will be issued. So I canceled. I did not recieve any cancelation proof, any document, any email. I called TAP Twice in both cases I waited 20 minutes for someone to talk with. I was informed that I will receive the refund within 30 days! Long but ok, I had to trust. I waited 30 days but the money did not appear on my paypal account, I gave TAP 6 days more and today I called again. After waiting 20 minutes someone picked up the phone and informed me that it's not 30 calendar days, it's business days! Never again with TAP.
RouteLisbon to Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"spending half a day in a lobby"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Dakar via Lisbon. Connection flight missed because of delayed first TAP flight, 24 hours delay. Provided hotel until noon next day, means spending half a day in a lobby (with a 6 year old child). Fine. Arrive at airport and ask for dinner vouchers, request denied. Airline feels very magnanimous for taking care of you for 12 of the 24 hours of your delay. Denies that any further compensation is in order, claims to be oblivious of laws on the subject. Seats were ok, and the wine is actually quite decent. Still, just don't.
RouteZurich to Dakar via Lisbon

"unacceptable waiting times"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Porto to Lisbon. Queuing for the check in was absurdly long, with unacceptable waiting times and with no justification fro the delay. The flight was then delayed for more than 2h because of bad weather but communication with passengers was very poor. The Told me to go immediatly and as fast as I could to the gate, they gave me priority at security and only after I showed my ticket at the gate was I informed the plane was late. The plane was clean and modern, it was a nice and fast flight but the snaks were terrible, in quantity and quality. Luckily I had reserved enough time to get to my next flight or I would had missed it.
AircraftATR-72
RoutePorto to Lisbon

"worst experience ever!"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. The worst experience ever! The airlines cancelled our tickets to fly back home without any warning, refused to help in any way, refused to put us on the next flight, made us pay for the new tickets. Customer service agents are mean and are not there to help you. I have never experience worse customer service, no understanding whatsoever.
RouteLisbon to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"no wi-fi or entertainment"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Ponta Delgada. Boarding was fast and simple and staff was efficient. On the plane, it was clean and well kept but it had the old, dull and less spacious cabin and I was hoping to get one with the new cabin. Crew was friendly. Food and beverages was a bit tasteless and very basic, not a good experience. The flight was calm, boring, with no wi-fi or entertainment. We arrived on time and luggage was delivered very swiftly.
RouteLisbon to Ponta Delgada
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"flight was very enjoyable"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Porto. It was a connection flight so once our previous flight landed we were greeted by some staff to take us directly to this flight, so it would not be delayed. It was a nice and friendly gesture. The plane was very well kept and clean, although a little bit cramped as it is a small propeller plane but it comfortable and modern. They served us a «Pastel de Nata» and a drink and a complimentary small bottle of Licor Beirão, I think it was some advertising campaign for Licor Beirão but still it was a nice touch. Crew was nice and friendly and the flight was very enjoyable, flying low altitude and watching the beautiful landscapes.
AircraftATR-72