Top 100 Airlines

TAME

"pathetic customer service"

We made plans to visit Ecuador for May 2016. Unfortunately the earthquake of April 16th destroyed one of our destinations, Manta. It ws too late to make changes and my wife did not feel safe with the possibility of aftershocks and even more earthquakes. Cancelling required much effort. Everyone (Delta, Air B&B, hotels) were happy to refund 100% of our money and they did so quickly. Everyone except TAME of course. After many phone calls, and emails, and me going through a very long process of getting the refund, then agreed to refund us 100%. They said it would take up to 20 working days. It has been over 20 working days and still not refund. I called TAME and I guess that the refund department has no phones and all they could do is email them, which of course I have been doing weekly. I get zero returns to my emails. Pathetic customer service; beware. If I do get my refund I will follow up on this post, to be completely fair.
RouteUIO to MEC
Date FlownMay 2016

(Spain)

Guayaquil - Galapagos - Quito. Plane cabin was in bad condition dirty and lots of things were broken. Through the cabin you could smell urine coming from the lavatory. No individual inflight entertainment just one drink served despite the fact that on the tickets it clearly says "snack" and "lunch". A very disappointing service for that high ticket price you pay for flying to the Galapagos. There are two other competitor airlines which fly to Galapagos: LAN and Aerogal. Both are much better then TAME I have flown with them. My advice: avoid TAME if you can.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Ecuador)

6 hours flight from UIO-GRU and back A319 plane a kind of old without onboard entertainment such as personal video system of something like. Food was really good and some generous drinks too. Cabin crew members in both flights were not as much friendly as they should. They should improve personal attention and cordiality. Meanwhile the cost of 430 USD for a flight that usually cost 700 is worth investment.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

TAME customer review

JFK to GYE flight in business class: the plane was pretty old in-seat video/audio quality was poor food was horrible. Plane broke down and there was no flight back from GYE to New York for 5 days. They don't give a refund at the airport and they are quite unfriendly and do not speak English at the ticket counter. There was no announcement / explanations and nobody apologised. I can't recommend this airline for an international flight! I Did a national flight (Quito to Coca) with them which was ok but the airport personnel did not speak any English and again they were not very friendly at all.

TAME customer review

Cuenca-Guayaquil Guayaquil-Baltra-Quito. Brand new fleet so very clean and comfortable planes (especially E170). Drink and snack provided on 30 minute CUE-GYE flight and placed in business cabin for Guayaquil to Baltra (no difference except seat pitch) nice lunch on board. Return to Quite uneventful.

TAME customer review

San Cristobal - Guayaquil - Quito. Worst cabin safety I have ever known. No check on whether seat belts were fastened. The girl next to me kept her large hand luggage on her lap throughout the flight. No check on whether seat backs were upright for landing and the meals not all collected on landing. One to avoid in my book.

TAME customer review

Quito to Guayaquil and back. The price was $280 for two persons: not that cheap considering that you are in a developing country. Plane was a B727 very well kept and with nice legroom and cabin space. The trip is around 35 minutes and you get something to drink and to eat. My only complaint us that some of the FA (especially the ladies) were wearing a face like they lost all relatives friends and the family dog as well in the same day - not very smiling I would say! Apart from this an average normal flight without any delay or problem to be remarked.

TAME customer review

Living in Ecuador now after 2 years in Costa Rica. That is important because I can use my Distancia Miles collected with TACA on TAME and never before using FF-Miles was so easy and well handled. Flying TAME various times between Guayaquil and Quito. The planes are mostly new and modern E190 and A320 used on this Route occasionly their remaining 727 but those are in very good condition. It is a 30 minute hop and you receive a beverage as well a little cake muffin or similar which I find quiet impressive. Flights had been always on time service on the ground and air leaves nothing to complain. Announcements in onboard in English and Spanish ground staff speaking both as well. Changing flights to earlier or later is professionally and quickly handled without extra costs and a smile. I would recommend TAME travelling in Ecuador.

TAME customer review

Quito to Porto Viejo. The plane was a new Embraer 170. TAME provides an excellent service on a level you could expect in Europe may be 10 years ago (and completely unknown in the US). There were beverages offered free of charge in the waiting area. The plane was very clean. Seating was a bit tight but perfectly enough for such a flight. The best thing was that there was an board service consisting of a sandwich and free drinks. The plane was on time and the flight attendants were friendly. Well done TAME.

TAME customer review

Quito-Guayaquil-Baltra return. The aircraft on the way to Galapagos was new (A 320) staff polite and helpful. They served complimentary sandwiches and drinks. On the way back to Quito the plane was an old Boeing 727 (?) but again flight and service were okay. I expected the worst from an Ecuadorian domestic airline but after all I would definitely fly them again.