TAME

"recommend not booking with TAME"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Guayaquil via Quito. Upon arriving at JFK airport to check in we discovered our flight was cancelled. No where does it say it was cancelled until you only check their website. Whatever system they use doesn't interface with Google or Apple's search engines to check if your flight is on time or not. This is really bad to start. We needed to be at GYE to check into our hotel. The airline said you can get the next flight the next day and they would pay to shuttle us to the hotel for a day. We asked for a refund and they said you have to go to customer service. We didn't have time for that so we booked another flight with another airline to get to our destination. On the returning flight we went to TAME in GYE airport and they gave us a print out and specific instructions on how to request a refund and it said exactly how much we would get back which was about 25-30% of what we paid for the entire ticket (not happy about that either, due to taxes). We had originally purchased the tickets through JustFly.com so their reply was to contact them. Justfly and most 3rd party airline bookers's responsibility stops once the flight has taken place. Beyond that there's nothing they can do unless you have bought their insurance plan. So now we're in battle where no one wants to take ownership despite doing what the customer service reps are telling us to do. The reply back we got form TAME was a generic reply in Spanish mind you. to Contact 3rd party in highlight. Wow, you just can't win. I would highly recommend not booking with TAME. Our flight was cancelled for no reason. I won't fly with TAME again.
RouteNew York JFK to Guayaquil via Quito
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I will never fly TAME again"

Verified Review | Without notification, my flight from Cuenca to Quito was cancelled. Not only that, but the scenario at the airport was chaos. Although there were partitions available, they were not being used, so, instead of waiting in line, there was a crush of people pushing and arguing at the counter. There should have been an agent on the outside, organizing and prioritizing those with connecting flights, but there was not. It was mob rule. After waiting and waiting to get to the front, I finally talked to someone, and told him I had an international connection to make in Quito. After waiting and waiting again, while others pushed ahead, yelled, and so on, I finally talked to the next agent. I also told this agent I had a connecting flight. We were finally taken by bus from Cuenca to Guayaquil, a 3.5 hour ride through the mountains. I bought a flight because I did not want to take a bus, but ended up in a bus, and the flight they assigned me to did not arrive in Quito on time for my connecting flight. The TAME agents offered absolutely no compensation, saying that they were only responsible for getting me to Quito. At that point they claimed that the flight from Cuenca had been cancelled due to weather, but it was calm and sunny in Cuenca that morning. I told them that I still could have arrived on time had the scene in Cuenca been organized, and people given priority depending on their connections, but this did not matter either. I had to miss my hotel in Lima, spend the night in the airport, and take a 4 am flight out, which I had to pay another $300 for. I will never fly TAME again, and suggest you don't either.
RouteCuenca to Quito
Date FlownOctober 2017

"have zero customer service"

Verified Review | Baltra Island to Guayaquil They changed my direct flight the night before the flight. It went from a 1hour 50 minute direct flight to a layover with a 4 hour layover, causing me to have to leave my travel companions in Ecuador and miss other forms of transportation we had already arranged. I just cancelled it all together and booked a new flight with Avianca, a good airline. I am still battling with TAME to get my money back but they are impossible to reach and have zero customer service.
RouteBaltra Island to Guayaquil
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"pathetic customer service"

We made plans to visit Ecuador for May 2016. Unfortunately the earthquake of April 16th destroyed one of our destinations, Manta. It ws too late to make changes and my wife did not feel safe with the possibility of aftershocks and even more earthquakes. Cancelling required much effort. Everyone (Delta, Air B&B, hotels) were happy to refund 100% of our money and they did so quickly. Everyone except TAME of course. After many phone calls, and emails, and me going through a very long process of getting the refund, then agreed to refund us 100%. They said it would take up to 20 working days. It has been over 20 working days and still not refund. I called TAME and I guess that the refund department has no phones and all they could do is email them, which of course I have been doing weekly. I get zero returns to my emails. Pathetic customer service; beware. If I do get my refund I will follow up on this post, to be completely fair.
RouteUIO to MEC
Date FlownMay 2016

(Spain)

Guayaquil - Galapagos - Quito. Plane cabin was in bad condition dirty and lots of things were broken. Through the cabin you could smell urine coming from the lavatory. No individual inflight entertainment just one drink served despite the fact that on the tickets it clearly says "snack" and "lunch". A very disappointing service for that high ticket price you pay for flying to the Galapagos. There are two other competitor airlines which fly to Galapagos: LAN and Aerogal. Both are much better then TAME I have flown with them. My advice: avoid TAME if you can.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Ecuador)

6 hours flight from UIO-GRU and back A319 plane a kind of old without onboard entertainment such as personal video system of something like. Food was really good and some generous drinks too. Cabin crew members in both flights were not as much friendly as they should. They should improve personal attention and cordiality. Meanwhile the cost of 430 USD for a flight that usually cost 700 is worth investment.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

TAME customer review

JFK to GYE flight in business class: the plane was pretty old in-seat video/audio quality was poor food was horrible. Plane broke down and there was no flight back from GYE to New York for 5 days. They don't give a refund at the airport and they are quite unfriendly and do not speak English at the ticket counter. There was no announcement / explanations and nobody apologised. I can't recommend this airline for an international flight! I Did a national flight (Quito to Coca) with them which was ok but the airport personnel did not speak any English and again they were not very friendly at all.

TAME customer review

Cuenca-Guayaquil Guayaquil-Baltra-Quito. Brand new fleet so very clean and comfortable planes (especially E170). Drink and snack provided on 30 minute CUE-GYE flight and placed in business cabin for Guayaquil to Baltra (no difference except seat pitch) nice lunch on board. Return to Quite uneventful.

TAME customer review

San Cristobal - Guayaquil - Quito. Worst cabin safety I have ever known. No check on whether seat belts were fastened. The girl next to me kept her large hand luggage on her lap throughout the flight. No check on whether seat backs were upright for landing and the meals not all collected on landing. One to avoid in my book.

TAME customer review

Quito to Guayaquil and back. The price was $280 for two persons: not that cheap considering that you are in a developing country. Plane was a B727 very well kept and with nice legroom and cabin space. The trip is around 35 minutes and you get something to drink and to eat. My only complaint us that some of the FA (especially the ladies) were wearing a face like they lost all relatives friends and the family dog as well in the same day - not very smiling I would say! Apart from this an average normal flight without any delay or problem to be remarked.