TAM Airlines

Review by (Brazil) 28th July 2015

Business Class service is equal to Economy Class on other airlines serving Brazil from Europe and USA. Service was fast, only one time drinks were offered and cabin staff disappeared for most of the flight. Talking with one Flight Attendant she told me that after LAN took over TAM, the airline is going down, employees are unhappy. She even suggest me to take Lufthansa the next time!
RouteFrankfurt to Sao Paulo

Review by (Argentina) 22nd July 2015

I had flown with TAM in several occasions and I had a good experience before, I can't say the same in this case, their customer service is awful, we had to wait one hour in the business check in counters because nobody was there. After one hour there they told us that our flight which was international had to be attended in the domestic flights area, and after another half an hour waiting there, they weren't able to introduce our rewards card into the system. I don't why but after almost two hours trying to make the check in we only wanted to leave. Worst ground service ever.
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro

Review by (Germany) 20th July 2015

Worst longhaul flight I've had in a long time. Firstly my LAN-partner flight from Salta to B.A. was delayed by an hour, making me miss my connection (the flight should have been earlier, and the delay would have not harmed me, but the flight time was changed after I booked) so I was delayed by 24 hours. The next day's flight from B.A. to Sao Paulo was also delayed, with at first no annoucement at all (we had already boarded), then very late an announcement with differing details in Portuguese, Spanish and English, then an announcement that we would be offloading some passengers to re-book which turned out to be correct. Very chaotic, and the crew disappeared during this time. Finally I did make my final connection, and on this one (the 12-hour flight), my entertainment system didn't work, this included my call button, so I couldn't even get assistance and the crew didn't bring around drinks once during the entire flight (except with the 2 meal services). My initial flight from Frankfurt to Sao Paulo had also been cancelled, but here I was lucky to get re-boked on a LH flight. I will never fly with TAM again.
RouteBuenos Aires to Frankfurt via Aao Paulo

Review by (Australia) 14th July 2015

Flight JJ8020 from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago. To call it a business class is a gross exaggeration. To begin with, with a flight departure at 07.04am, the lounge was not open until 06.15 when they began boarding for the flight. On board, no welcome drink, a broken seat (luckily the seat next to mine was available, so I could move) and a cabin crew that were more interested to talk to each other than to welcome boarding passengers. After take-off, again the cabin crew spent most of their time closing the curtain between the business class and the galley. Breakfast was reasonable and had a choice of a platter of cold cuts and a hot omelette. After that, no more spontaneous drink service for a 4.5 hour flight. Selection of the press very poor and no individual entertainment system. The aircraft was old and looked and felt old. Very indifferent service.
RouteGIG to SCL

Review by (United States) 10th July 2015

Our flight to Sao Paulo, Brasil was delayed in Miami for 8 hrs. We arrived and had to wait at the airport - 3 hrs at ticket counter to get a replacement for the connecting flight, meantime our bags were picked up and it took me another hour to find them. We were given a voucher for a hotel and they told us to wait for the hotel shuttle. Shuttle didn't come and we had to get a cab. Got to Foz at 2am. Lost one day of my vacation. On the way back, we were told that our reservations had been cancelled and that we had to stay in a hotel again. I made a scene at the airport and finally after 2 hrs of yelling back and forth, they found my reservation.
RouteMiami to Foz via Sao Paulo

Review by (Brazil) 10th July 2015

TAM Airlines from Guarulhos-GRU to Orlando-MCO. The flight, in general, was good. The food was good, so was the space between my legs and the seat in front of me. The flight attendants were kind. I would fly again!
Cabin FlownEconomy
RouteGuarulhos (GRU) to Orlando (MCO)

Review by (Czech Republic) 22nd June 2015

Flight was departing Foz do Iguaçu (IGU) with 2 hrs delay. Cabin service lousy, they were not serving even coffee. One hour in the flight we have been informed that due to the lack of fuel and heavy traffic in Sao Paulo we have to fly back to Foz do Iguaçu. After arrival in Foz the plane has been refueled with all passengers staying aboard and after some 40 min leaving again for Sao Paulo. Most of the PA in Foz do Iguaçu and on the way was only in Portuguese, not in English. We have been translated relevant info by our fellow passenger. On our second trip to Sao Paulo nothing has been offered, not even water. Cabin crew was not present having a rest in the aft of the plane. All PAs before landing has been made by Captain in Portuguese and not translated to English - and not a word of apology. During this flight just everything went wrong. I have never experienced such a bad service. Note, the price of the air ticket was approx 300 US$, not a cheap one for 1.5 hrs domestic flight. Terrible experience.
Cabin FlownEconomy
RouteFOZ (IGU) to San Paulo (GRU)

Review by (Argentina) 17th June 2015

I made my reservations on LANs website, I flew from Rosario to Miami via Sao Paulo and back. All the flights were excellent, Comfortable seats, pretty good inflight service and such an excellent crew and ground staff. I would definitely fly with TAM again.
AircraftA320 and 777-300
RouteROS to MIA via GRU

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2015

I flew business class with TAM recently from London to Sao Paulo and back. Fortunately this was paid for by the people who invited me to lecture in Brasilia because if I had been paying I would not have been happy. The seating arrangements were reasonable but the service was poor at best and the food was sub-economy standard on most airlines. The poor service include having to ask for most things and not being offered anything (like drinks) more than once several mistakes on the breakfast order non-availability of several food items on the menus generally morose staff etc etc. This was really poor TAM - you are letting your country down and you need to get your act together with the Olympics looming fast!

Review by (Austria) 17th March 2015

GRU-MVD on Jan. 4 MVD-GRU-FLN on Jan 14 and FLN-GIG on Jan 18 all segments in Economy and on A320s all planes fairly fresh and clean except for GRU-MVD which was on a very tired A320 and outright dirty obviously not cleaned and with trash in the seat pockets. All flights on time or early service in the air generally fine with FAs ranging from just pleasant to attentive and good. While service as such was ok for economy standards there is a distinct decline of service quality noticeable over the years also with JJ in addition it seems the take-over from LAN did not really help. Seats on the international sectors were significantly more comfortable than the ones on the domestic legs where JJ uses the uncomfortable Recaro slim seats however as leg room was ok it was fine for the short domestic sections. On the morning GRU-MVD flight a tasty muffin on the afternoon return flight MVD-GRU an inedible cheese and ham sandwich was served no food on the domestic segments just a small pack of salty snacks one drink round on all legs (including beer) but additional drinks were served on request with a smile. Web check-in went smooth with no or short lines at the premium check-in counters all check-in staff very friendly except for GRU where the agent seemed just tremendously annoyed didn't say a word after the initial contact and was more interested in chewing her gum than dealing with us. The main negative event of the flights was the transfer in GRU on our way from MVD to FLN. While the flight into GRU was 20 minutes early and border control was efficient and fast it took 70 minutes for the luggage to arrive which has to be picked up in GRU and rechecked after customs (same as in the US or Canada). Priority bags were out last. Also JJ uses T3 for international and T2 for domestic flights with no direct shuttles between those terminals. The shuttle goes from T3 to T4 to T1 and finally to T2. So after a 15 minutes wait for the shuttle it took us a further 30 minutes to arrive at T2. Although we had a connection time of more than 2 hours and were 20 minutes early into GRU we barely made our connection flight. In general ground service from JJ at GRU was abysmal. As for lounges we only used the one in MVD which was elegant comfortable and spacious enough but had just a limited drink selection and very limited food offerings as we were short in time we didn't visit the lounge in GRU. So overall mostly good flights which delivered us on time with no problems aside from the transfer in GRU. Recommended but I would be careful with connecting through GRU. (Oneworld Sapphire).