TAAG Angola Airlines

Review by (Portugal)

DT 653 13th April. This is one of the best airlines I have flown. Flight attendants were nice and helpful. Seats could still be better but I had a good sleep and breakfast was good served with nice hot tea! Nice entertainment for adults and for kids with the latest movies and some documentaries.

Review by (Angola)

I recently started using TAAG more regularly especially flying to South Africa the aircraft's are fresh clean and new the staff friendly and professional. The airlines services are excellent from online booking to early check-ins in Luanda. There are still areas with room for improvement such as the inflight entertainment choice and catering presentation on Business class. These two issues tackled TAAG will be providing a world class service that can compete with the best in the African continent and globally.

Review by (Portugal)

Flew Luanda/Lisbon on business class. Boeing 777 very clean. Inflight entertainment system was not working and the reading light also so the only available option was to try to sleep. Meals not very good but the crew was very friendly.

Review by (Australia)

LAD-DXB. Was surprised with the level of service provided on the flight. Following the check in at Luanda the flight was pretty good. Departed 30 mins late and arrived early in Dubai. Flight was not very full so plenty of space to spread out. Food while basic was of good standard and the drinks service was good. The plane was a new B777. IFE system is basic but being a late night flight didn't really use it. Having a basic understanding of Portuguese helped but all crew spoke and understood English. Overall after reading previous reviews I was pleasantly surprised.

Review by (Angola)

LAD-JNB trip in economy class. Noticed a big improvement with the staff at the check-in counters. The entertainment was ok and we were offered a hot snack. One thing that never changes though is the rudeness of the flight attendants.

TAAG Angola Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

LAD-CPT-LAD. Check-in easy no problems. The flights were uneventful but the interior of the planes were very old and it appeared that at least one armrest in each row was broken as they were taped up or visibly falling apart. Seats from LAD to CPT were quite comfortable but there was no IFE for a nearly 4 hr flight. CPT to LAD the seats were very uncomfortable. IFE on this flight on drop-down screens but the audio was played over the PA system so it was difficult to hear. Overall customer service was typical of Angola - non-existent. I would only recommend for the convenience to CPT from LAD.

TAAG Angola Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

LIS to LAD. The flight was delayed seven hours - first because of a mechanical problem and then because of the airport curfew in LIS. This left only 30 minutes to make our connection in LAD for our flight to WDH. TAAG put us in a hotel for the night free of charge. The staff in LIS were helpful and friendly. We ended up making our 30 minute connection because a TAAG agent in Luanda had checked us in for our connecting flight and escorted us to our Air Namibia flight to WDH. The flight was operated by a Boeing 777-200ER which was comfortable. There is AVOD mood lighting footrests and winged headrests on this aircraft. The food was tasty and cabin crew friendly.

Review by

TAAG's good air service is sabotaged by the Luanda ground service staff. We have flown once from Luanda/Cape Town and once from Windhoek to Luanda. Those three flights left almost an hour late but once in the air the service in Economy class was pleasant. We received free drinks and a hot meal. The attendants were very pleasant as well. The ground service in Luanda for international flights is acceptable.

Review by

As I arrived in JNB from Cape Town I noticed that my flight to Luanda was cancelled. No explanation from anybody I found out that all TAAG flights earlier the week was cancelled. Just to be told tomorrows flight will be first come first serve I had to arrange and pay for my own accommodation in JNB. Next day check in at 09h00was informed plane was late sit at the airport until that afternoon. No food or drinks was offered to the passengers only boarded plane at 1800. I noticed my booked seat was taken I showed my pass to one staff member and I were pushed into another seat staff very rude and unhelpful. Onboard entertainment poor.

Review by

I have flown with SAA before and with TAAG. The flights on TAAG have not been to bad I unfortunately do not understand or speak Portuguese and this I find a problem. With regards to the service I cannot complain. I have a complaint about the airport personnel at Luanda. They are rude pass comments on all foreign clients and give us a hard time in general. Should you have any dollars with you they confiscate them and tell you that you cannot keep the money with you. This I have a problem with. If you cannot keep your dollars on you how are you supposed to buy any cold drink or food while you wait for the flight? This is not complimentary from TAAG. The airport is dirty to boot. Today I am struggling with my ticket back to JNB and will most certainly not make use of TAAG again. I will use SAA in future as I can depend on them.