Top 100 Airlines

Sun Country Airlines

"start calling and complaining?"

Phoenix to Minneapolis. My husband and I have flown Sun Country 5-6 times per year over the 2 1/2 years. Originally we used to book coach and call 24 hours prior to our flight to upgrade to first class. In the last year and half we started booking first class instead of waiting. Over the last year plus we have received consistently poor service from flight attendants. Normally I wouldn't say anything but it has gotten to a point that I think I want to start looking at different airlines. When did the flight attendants from MSP to Phoenix start disliking their jobs so much. I'm a person that says please and thank you. They barely smile in appreciation. If you don't like what you do find something different. The new rules are awful as well. Anyone can use first class bathrooms? I have been bumped into, they have touched my food, spilled my drink - need I go on. Anyone can use the overhead compartments? What's up with that. I have had bags dropped on me, I have had bare stomachs rub against me when they are reaching. What about the digi players. Last flight I was on flight attendant supposed to be passing them out stood up front flirting with guy flight attendant approximately 15 minutes. Then when she came back to collect them she collected first class first. I was on a 2.5hr flight and couldn't watch a 107 minute movie. I want Sun Country from a couple of years ago to come back. Will it help if I start calling and complaining?
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RoutePHX to MSP
Date FlownApril 2016

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so sorry to hear about this experience and would love to look more into it. Please visit us on our Facebook page and click "message". Please provide your contact information, and also your more recent flight number when you had a poor experience. Thank you! http://bit.ly/23TTuLf

"indicate there is no window at 8A"

Minneapolis to Tampa. I've flown Sun Country Airlines several times, and have never had any problems with them. This last time I flew with them, I was flying with two other people, one of which had never flown. While confirming our seat selections, I chose row 8A-C. The seat selection screen says that 8A is a"bad seat" but doesn't say why. It appeared to be near the wing, but now over it, so I didn't see what the trouble was and I chose it. Turns out there's no window at 8a (there is one across the aisle at 8f though). Since one of my companions had never flown, it was important to me that she have a window. When I had the 24 hr notice to check in online, I did so, and also had the opportunity to change our seats, but the seat selection also indicated that it was a full flight, so there was nothing to move all three of us too. So, when we boarded, I noticed that rows four and five were completely open, and they stayed that way after the main door was closed. The fight attendants let us move up to one of the rows with windows, so it was fine. I would like to see them update their website to indicate there is no window at 8a. I will use sun country again, just not seat 8a.
RouteMSP to TPA
Date FlownApril 2016

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Hi Josi- We are so sorry to hear about this experience. Next time, please talk to the agents at check -in. We open more seat availability at the time of check-in! Thanks for flying with us and have a great day!

"will definitely fly again"

Verified Review | I had a pleasant experience flying Sun Country Airlines from Boston to Minneapolis. It was initially frustrating because our flight was delayed but the assistance and care shown by one of their employees turned my experience around 100%! It's rare that an airline employee stand out to me in such a way and I travel often and through airports around the world. Great hire Sun Country, will definitely fly again.
RouteBOS to MSP
Date FlownMarch 2016

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

You made our day Taylor! Thank you:)

"a super friendly staff"

We love Sun Country Airlines. The flights are very reasonable and they have a super friendly staff. We are very disappointed that they do not fly directly to Harlingen, Texas anymore. They should definitely bring that back and we would fly with them again!
RouteMSP to HRL
Date FlownApril 2015

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are always looking for new routes or to bring back old ones! We love hearing what you are looking for! Thanks for flying with us:)

"reserved seat assignments changed"

Paid extra to reserve seats near the front of the plane for my young daughters - traveling alone for their first time. Reserved seats were confirmed, and, in fact a verbal guarantee from the Sun Country representative taking the preferred seating reservation, that our seat assignments wouldn't change, they were confirmed in the "system". And, that I could rest assured, knowing that my girls wouldn't have any trouble with their seat assignments. Well, either that Sun Country representative didn't know what she was talking about, or, she was playing the game of "opposite day" during our phone call. Not only did their reserved seat assignments get changed, but, I had to spend close to 2 hours on the phone with Sun Country customer service getting the run around about how something must have happened to their "system" and, that there was nothing that anyone at Sun Country could do to correct the situation - since, the seats had been newly "reserved" by someone else! Furthermore, the Sun Country customer service representative wouldn't give me any kind of guarantee that the same glitch in "their system" wouldn't happen again - when it came time for my daughters' return flight. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but, I'm not going to hold my breath.
RouteMSP to LAS
Date FlownMarch 2016

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response on here! We believe that the concern was fixed? We hope your daughters had an amazing vacation and flight home!

"great airline for the price"

It's was a great airline for the price and I would definitely fly with them again. I did have an issue with the a flight attendant with the way she snapped at me because I'm short and had a hard time getting my carry on in the overhead bin, because someone put theirs in sideways preventing me being able to get mine in. Also during my 1 hour layover we were at the gate within 45 mins but an attendant snapped at us because they were hoping to leave 20 minutes early because we wanted actual food before we hopped back on. The needs to be a better food selection besides cheeseburger, perhaps sandwiches. Besides those incidents it was a decent flight for the price.
RouteBoston to LAX
Date FlownNovember 2015

18th April 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thanks Sandra for sending over your experience! We apologize that it took so long to reply! We will look into all of these concerns and suggestions! Have a wonderful day!

"inflexible rules about boarding times"

Sun Country Airlines is a terrible airline compared even to the other not so good airlines. Unreasonable and inflexible rules about boarding times, unpleasant staff, poor in-flight experience, disorganized communication. Spend the extra $20 and fly another airline - or you might not fly at all.
RouteBoston to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2015

"for a free flight it's pretty good"

Flew Sun Country Airlines on a casino junket, as like every other plane, seats are horrible. This is a 1hr 20 min flight so it's not that bad. Free drinks on flight to casino, purchase option on way back. Ground staff was wonderful at both locations. I gave it an 8 because the seats are horrible. All in all, for a free flight it's pretty good.
RouteTampa to Biloxi
Date FlownMay 2015

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Not a great experience for a first time flyer of Sun Country Airlines. My carry on had to be checked after rows 4-9 then 19-25 were asked to board. I was in the exit row 13 and there's not enough room for carry-ons for 10 rows? Not only that, you skip the middle rows where some patrons pay additional money to sit more comfortably. Lastly, I was in seat 13A against the window, my arm rest was broken on the window side as was the passengers behind me. I will not be flying Sun Country again as this was my first and last shot because of ticket price. I fly about 4 times a month and it would've been nice to avoid checking my bag with only half the flight boarded. Time to rethink the logistics Sun Country.
RouteChicago to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2015

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Our flight was scheduled to leave DFW at 8:45am. We received a call around midnight the night before to let us know there was going to be a five hour delay. We arrived at the airport around noon and checked in at the gate. We finally started boarding around 2:15pm. The flight finally pulled from the gate at 3:15pm (six hours behind schedule). We arrived in Cancun around 5:30. At baggage claim we discovered that our bags (along with about ten other passengers) were not on our flight. We had to wait around until 7:30pm for the next flight to get our luggage. We finally arrived at our resort eight hours late.
RouteDallas to Cancun