Vote Now

Sun Country Airlines

"can only check in at airport"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Minneapolis. Buyer beware, if you purchase your ticket through a 3rd party you can only check in at the airport, not online, not even if you call Sun Country Airlines directly. So, then we arive at the the airport to check in 6 hours early only to sit in separate rows, with my son 4 rows back. Then we have to wait outside of the the security check for 3 hours before they will check our bag. Nice "home town" airline. Not again.
RouteLas Vegas to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the service was awesome"

Verified Review | Boston to Minneapolis. I thought I should give a review of this airline given the fact that I had not heard of Sun Country Airlines before and was extremely nervous due to the fact that it was not known to many that I had talked to. I had a problem with booking because the customer service agent had not booked my daughter. The moment I talked to them, they were extremely good and also during the trip, the service was awesome. What I enjoyed more was how the pilot kept updating the passengers on the route. They are so friendly and I really enjoyed the trip.
RouteBOS to MSP
Date FlownJanuary 2017

1st February 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so glad you had a wonderful trip Jane! Thanks for flying with us!

"I was badly disappointed"

Verified Review | This flight was a Sun Country flight on a plane tagged Transavia flying from Minneapolis, MN to Orlando, FL. The plane was old and the interior seats were uncomfortable. The width of the seat put the arm rest on top of my legs in comfort plus seats! I've never had an arm rest do that. Additionally, the seats reclined into my knees in an upgraded seat. This is not the expected experience with travel and I was badly disappointed. There was no indication at booking that the plane was not the typical Sun Country plane. I'm saddened to review our hometown airline this way.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMSP to MCO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

18th January 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We will pass them along to the right team!

"they could not have been nicer"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Phoenix. I just wanted to give the Sun Country Airlines staff a 5 star review for their handling of my dog flying in cargo. They could not have been nicer every step of the way, for both outward and return flights. If you have any hesitation of taking your pet with you on a vacation, try Sun Country.
RouteMSP to PHX
Date FlownDecember 2016

18th January 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We love our doggies! Glad you had a great time! Hope to see you soon!

"really friendly staff"

Verified Review | New York to Las Vegas via Minneapolis with Sun Country. On arrival in New York I knew it was going to be a good experience just by the smiles from the staff when we checked in. Really friendly staff. Had opted to go for the flight that changed at Minneapolis. All went fine without a hitch. Cabin crew on both flights friendly. Comfortable enough planes. While people need to remember it is a low cost airline I am giving them a 10 because I thought the whole service was outstanding. The staff put themselves out to get me the train info to travel to Minneapolis train station as there was about 6 hour connection.
RouteJFK to LAS via MSP
Date FlownNovember 2016

18th January 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thanks Donna for the awesome review! We hope to see you again soon!

"they have zero systems in place for actual customer service"

Our flight from Minneapolis to Seattle was cancelled with no notification given unless you were staring at the boards or had your phone on the website. There were no associates on site and if I hadn't called, I never would have known that they scheduled us on a flight 5 hours later. Then I learned that we had to go back out to the main ticket counter in order to get a new ticket and then back through security. Any other airline would have a staffed desk at the gate and the ability to print tickets. I'm sure TSA just loves that they send people out just to get back in their line. I'd fly Southwest anytime, it worth the layover to avoid this incredibly lacking service and runaround. I don't fault the employees, it's the airline fault that they have zero systems in place for actual customer service.
RouteMSP to SEA
Date FlownDecember 2016

19th December 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

We appreciate you sharing your experience. Please know we will pass along your concerns right away.

"a very smooth and planed process"

Flew this airlines from Minneapolis to San Diego in August. The staff at the MSP check in desk were very happy. We got to the gate and boarded in no time. A very smooth and planed process. Once in the air, the flight attendants came around twice during the flight. I just got water but they were selling other snack items and free beverages. Landed on time and got our baggage lickety split.
RouteMSP to SAN
Date FlownAugust 2016

16th November 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon!

"comfortable seats, pleasant cabin crew"

My first time flying with Sun Country from Minneapolis to Fort Myers and was very impressed. Comfortable seats, pleasant cabin crew and flight on time. But just one criticism. On my return flight, I was seated beside a a young nursing mother and her 6 week old baby girl and 2 year old son. I'm a 65 year old man. It may have been an oversight, but I think that this young mother should have had the row of seats to herself and children so that she could feed her baby with a bit of privacy. There were plenty of empty seats and I could have been moved to accommodate the young mother.
RouteMSP to RSW
Date FlownSeptember 2016

4th October 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thank you James for taking time to let us know how we did. We hope to see you again soon!

"can't choose the seats"

Verified Review | Minnesota to Portland. I bought tickets together with my wife. When I flew with her to Minnesota we sat next to each other but when I returned from Minnesota to Portland i can't choose the seats next to each other, I was told that no seat available next to each other so I have to sit at front and my wife have to stt at the back. But when the I got inside of the airplane there were a lot of two seats together left - even the seat next to me was emty, nobody sat next to me at all.
AircraftSY 295
RouteMSP to PDX
Date FlownSeptember 2016

19th September 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, please know we will pass this along right away.

"great airline and good people"

This is my first time flying on sun country. It's a great airline and good people hampered by a bad website and phone service. When booking my flight, I tried to do it 4 times online and each time I got up to where you pick your seats and then got an "an error has occurred". I was trying to book while traveling so I ended up having to call and waited an hour to book on the phone, by that time the price had gone up 100 dollars. Booking frustrations aside, everyone involved in the travel process was friendly, helpful and courteous. The pilot came out at the start of the flight, school everyones hands and said hello to the whole plane. The flight attendants were kind as well. It's a low cost airline but good to fly. Hopefully they can get their website and phone service issues sorted out because I think they're hampering their success.
RouteSFO to MSP
Date FlownJune 2016

27th June 2016 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thank you Jeff for the great review. Please know we are working hard to get the site updated and fixed. Thank you again! Have a wonderful day:)