Sun Country Airlines

"do not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | New York to Las Vegas via Minneapolis. Honestly the worst airline I've ever flown. First time using them and definitely the last. First flight was late, connecting flight was also late because they were missing a "sticker" in the cockpit - 25 minutes later were finally taking off. I do not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteNew York to Las Vegas via Minneapolis
Date FlownOctober 2017

13th October 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so sorry for your experience. We would like the opportunity to follow up. Please visit our site, and select get in touch. Thank you.

"being left on hold for an hour"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to New York via Minneapolis. While this review occured during a serious attack that closed down the airport. And I understand that there will be some stress to a company that has to deal with a closed down airport. I am commenting on the service I recieved from every level of their support staff. We waited around for 5 hours, and they didn't have any answers, completely understandable, out of their control and forgivable. Canceling a flight in this situation is forgivable. What is not forgivable is, being left on hold for an hour waiting to talk to "reservations", only to be told that the next available flight is available two nights later. When I asked to be put on another airline in their IROP group, she hung up on me. I then talked to their ground support staff, which told lies about their being mystical support staff on another level of the airport, which none of the fellow passengers had seen. So after wasting an hour trying to find imaginary support staff, I talk to their manager who reiterated that all she could do is refund, or put me on a stand by list for the next flight, with no connector lined up. So I asked for a refund. I suggest you skip the big run around, and take your money elsewhere, you're probably going to end up at the destination. I recommend Sun Country get a coherent support staff who are on the same page, and plan for emergencies. It's inexcusable to only offer to sit someone on a plane two nights later, when there are half full planes going to the destination which you use in other situations. Because of them I'm $200 out of pocket.
RouteLas Vegas to New York via Minneapolis
Date FlownOctober 2017

13th October 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so sorry about the long hold times. We would love the opportunity to follow up, please visit our site and select get in touch. Thank you.

"the flight had been cancelled"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Washington. I booked a flight with Sun Country through my Chase Sapphire rewards program. I had read online that you can't check in online with Sun Country if you book through a 3rd party, but when I arrived at the airport, they told me the flight had been cancelled because not enough people booked it! I received no notifications about the change, and Sun Country said it wasn't their problem because it wasn't booked with them. The next flight wasn't until the next day. They didn't offer me a refund of my ticket and "couldn't" tell me if any other airline had a flight going out to my destination. I have to call (along with my credit card company) and fight with them about a refund. Why would I ever book with them again knowing how likely they are to pull the plug on my flight? These little podunk airlines seem like a good way to save money, but they aren't since you'll spend way more than the original ticket to buy a last minute ticket with another airline. Never again.
RouteMinneapolis to Washington
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Both of my flights were delayed"

Verified Review | Sun Country is awful. I bought a ticket from BOS to SFO because it was cheap - don't make the same mistake as me! Do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all costs. With most airlines, if you get delayed or miss a connection, the airline will re-route you and get you to your destination within a reasonable timeframe. However, Sun Country only has one scheduled flight for each destination per day. If your flight is delayed and you miss your connection, then you need to wait 24 hours for the next flight! They do not provide hotel expense nor help you buy a ticket on a different airline. You are just stuck waiting 24 hours for your next flight. And the problem is that Sun Country has delays all the time. Both of my flights were delayed over 1.5 hours. On my return flight, this delay made me miss my connection to Boston. So I missed a day of work and I was confronted with the choice of paying for a hotel room or living in the airport for another 24 hours. What kind of airline sells you a ticket, knowing that over 50% of the time, you will need to overnight at the airport?
RouteBoston to San Francisco via Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2017

19th August 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so sorry about your delay. We would love the opportunity to follow up, please visit out website. Thank you!

"What is wrong with Sun Country"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to San Francisco. What is wrong with good old Sun Country?! Easy to get thru this little terminal plus great art. But upon entering plane, we were told that we'd take off 10 minutes early. Once seated we were told there was a 20 minutes delay beyond our original departure time. We arrived 15 minutes late but also had to sit on the plane for another 20 minutes because they said the airport wasn't ready for us. When we got baggage claim we route told that the belt broke and we should wait another 15 minutes for repair!
RouteMinneapolis to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2017

16th August 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are sorry to hear about your experience, we know how inconvenience delays can be. Thank you for reaching out!

"provide great service"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Dallas. I was nervous because I was flying in on an international flight with a different airline and had not been able to check in to Sun Country Airlines online or at the gate internationally. I knew I had a close connection and had no idea how I was going to get through immigration and customs, get my bag, check in and re-check my bag, and get back through security before my flight took off. I was so impressed when their staff Andrew met me and the other passengers on my connecting flight the moment we stepped off the plane. He walked us through customs, waited with us for our bags, checked us in at the counter, and helped us good through security with time to spare. It could not have been lower stress. I wish I could have service like that all the time. A huge thank you to all the people who provide great service on Sun Country!
RouteMinneapolis to Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2017

"staff extremely friendly"

Verified Review | I had never heard of Sun Country Airlines before and was apprehensive about flying with them from Boston to Minneapolis. The entire staff from on ground to the inflight were extremely friendly. The boarding was efficient, we left and got in early, and I would fly with them again any day.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBoston to Minneapolis
Date FlownJune 2017

Thanks for the great review, and for flying with us!

"seats were roomy in both legroom and width"

Verified Review | I need extra leg room and the exit seats for the flight out were not available so I purchased a first class ticket. My expectations were low based on seeing first class customers on previous flights. There is no divider between coach and first class so it doesn't look very special. I was wrong. Can't recall how much extra I paid but it included a couple of checked bags. They marked my luggage priority and it was the first one to land on the carousel when we arrived. The seats were roomy in both legroom and width. Comfortable, too. The plane seemed very clean and bright inside. I wasn't paying close enough attention but it seemed like the flight attendant was always available. They served a decent meal that I wasn't expecting, offered free video screens, had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and hot towels at the end of the trip. The attendant did a great job of making us feel "first class". I don't do alcohol but I assume that was available as well. I plan on doing this again. Was in the exit row on the return trip. Once again great flight attendants and since there were three open exit row seats on the opposite side she moved the couple next to me to the unoccupied seats and I had all 3 seats to myself. All the folks at the ticket counter were pleasant and helpful.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMinneapolis to Washington DC
Date FlownMay 2017

Thanks for the great review, and for flying with us!

"appreciated the flight crew"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Portland via Minneapolis. I'm a newly disabled 27 year old woman who flew alone with my 12 month old on a last second trip. That had the potential to be a pretty horrible situation, but the crew on all four of my flights during our cross country trip were fantastic. They helped me on and off the plane and gave me advice on how to make the flight easier. They gave me cups and stuff to help keep my son entertained. They even helped me sort out a couple of problems I had at the airport. The flights were on time or early and the pilot kept us up to date on significant landmarks we were passing. I brought my own tablet and phone for offline entertainment, but they did offer a digital system for a small fee. Beverages were free but snacks and food cost money. They did not accept cash, only cards. Overall, I enjoyed my flight, appreciated the flight crew, loved the price, and would certainly book with them again.
RouteNew York JFK to Portland via Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2017

16th August 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thanks for flying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

"substantial delays"

Verified Review | Grand Rapids to Gulfport. This is the second time flying Sun Country Airlines and both times with substantial delays. The first time was in January and had a 2.5 hour delay on the tarmac. Now today we are going on 4 hours with only 2 updates. Once on the plane everything is good but the delays are ridiculous! Plan on sitting several extra hours in the airport if you fly Sun Country.
RouteGrand Rapids to Gulfport
Date FlownApril 2017

20th April 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

So sorry for the delays. We know how frustrating they can be. Please know that we never intend to delay a flight, but your safety is our number 1 concern. Thank you for you patience.