Sun Country Airlines

"provide great service"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Dallas. I was nervous because I was flying in on an international flight with a different airline and had not been able to check in to Sun Country Airlines online or at the gate internationally. I knew I had a close connection and had no idea how I was going to get through immigration and customs, get my bag, check in and re-check my bag, and get back through security before my flight took off. I was so impressed when their staff Andrew met me and the other passengers on my connecting flight the moment we stepped off the plane. He walked us through customs, waited with us for our bags, checked us in at the counter, and helped us good through security with time to spare. It could not have been lower stress. I wish I could have service like that all the time. A huge thank you to all the people who provide great service on Sun Country!
RouteMinneapolis to Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2017

"staff extremely friendly"

Verified Review | I had never heard of Sun Country Airlines before and was apprehensive about flying with them from Boston to Minneapolis. The entire staff from on ground to the inflight were extremely friendly. The boarding was efficient, we left and got in early, and I would fly with them again any day.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBoston to Minneapolis
Date FlownJune 2017

"seats were roomy in both legroom and width"

Verified Review | I need extra leg room and the exit seats for the flight out were not available so I purchased a first class ticket. My expectations were low based on seeing first class customers on previous flights. There is no divider between coach and first class so it doesn't look very special. I was wrong. Can't recall how much extra I paid but it included a couple of checked bags. They marked my luggage priority and it was the first one to land on the carousel when we arrived. The seats were roomy in both legroom and width. Comfortable, too. The plane seemed very clean and bright inside. I wasn't paying close enough attention but it seemed like the flight attendant was always available. They served a decent meal that I wasn't expecting, offered free video screens, had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and hot towels at the end of the trip. The attendant did a great job of making us feel "first class". I don't do alcohol but I assume that was available as well. I plan on doing this again. Was in the exit row on the return trip. Once again great flight attendants and since there were three open exit row seats on the opposite side she moved the couple next to me to the unoccupied seats and I had all 3 seats to myself. All the folks at the ticket counter were pleasant and helpful.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMinneapolis to Washington DC
Date FlownMay 2017

"appreciated the flight crew"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Portland via Minneapolis. I'm a newly disabled 27 year old woman who flew alone with my 12 month old on a last second trip. That had the potential to be a pretty horrible situation, but the crew on all four of my flights during our cross country trip were fantastic. They helped me on and off the plane and gave me advice on how to make the flight easier. They gave me cups and stuff to help keep my son entertained. They even helped me sort out a couple of problems I had at the airport. The flights were on time or early and the pilot kept us up to date on significant landmarks we were passing. I brought my own tablet and phone for offline entertainment, but they did offer a digital system for a small fee. Beverages were free but snacks and food cost money. They did not accept cash, only cards. Overall, I enjoyed my flight, appreciated the flight crew, loved the price, and would certainly book with them again.
RouteNew York JFK to Portland via Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2017

"substantial delays"

Verified Review | Grand Rapids to Gulfport. This is the second time flying Sun Country Airlines and both times with substantial delays. The first time was in January and had a 2.5 hour delay on the tarmac. Now today we are going on 4 hours with only 2 updates. Once on the plane everything is good but the delays are ridiculous! Plan on sitting several extra hours in the airport if you fly Sun Country.
RouteGrand Rapids to Gulfport
Date FlownApril 2017

20th April 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

So sorry for the delays. We know how frustrating they can be. Please know that we never intend to delay a flight, but your safety is our number 1 concern. Thank you for you patience.

"I was very impressed"

Unverified | Minneapolis to Mexico. The flight was just fine I had no issues with any portion of the flight, but the flight is not the purpose of my review. My daughter left her wallet in the seat pocket and didn't discover it until we were in the hotel. I called a random number I found online (after 10 pm) no one answered, I left no message, about 5 minutes later a guy called me back and I told him what happened. He gave a number to call so I did. Got a message the office was closed (again it's after 10 pm) so I left a voice mail. By 8:30 the next morning I got a call from their staff saying she had the Wallet and we could come and pick it up. I was very impressed with how fast it all happened by just in a panic calling the first number I found online.
RouteMinneapolis to Mexico
Date FlownMarch 2017

28th March 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thank you for flying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

"can only check in at airport"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Minneapolis. Buyer beware, if you purchase your ticket through a 3rd party you can only check in at the airport, not online, not even if you call Sun Country Airlines directly. So, then we arive at the the airport to check in 6 hours early only to sit in separate rows, with my son 4 rows back. Then we have to wait outside of the the security check for 3 hours before they will check our bag. Nice "home town" airline. Not again.
RouteLas Vegas to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2017

28th March 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We apologize that you had trouble checking in. We will pass along your feedback!

"the service was awesome"

Verified Review | Boston to Minneapolis. I thought I should give a review of this airline given the fact that I had not heard of Sun Country Airlines before and was extremely nervous due to the fact that it was not known to many that I had talked to. I had a problem with booking because the customer service agent had not booked my daughter. The moment I talked to them, they were extremely good and also during the trip, the service was awesome. What I enjoyed more was how the pilot kept updating the passengers on the route. They are so friendly and I really enjoyed the trip.
RouteBOS to MSP
Date FlownJanuary 2017

1st February 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We are so glad you had a wonderful trip Jane! Thanks for flying with us!

"I was badly disappointed"

Verified Review | This flight was a Sun Country flight on a plane tagged Transavia flying from Minneapolis, MN to Orlando, FL. The plane was old and the interior seats were uncomfortable. The width of the seat put the arm rest on top of my legs in comfort plus seats! I've never had an arm rest do that. Additionally, the seats reclined into my knees in an upgraded seat. This is not the expected experience with travel and I was badly disappointed. There was no indication at booking that the plane was not the typical Sun Country plane. I'm saddened to review our hometown airline this way.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMSP to MCO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

18th January 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We will pass them along to the right team!

"they could not have been nicer"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Phoenix. I just wanted to give the Sun Country Airlines staff a 5 star review for their handling of my dog flying in cargo. They could not have been nicer every step of the way, for both outward and return flights. If you have any hesitation of taking your pet with you on a vacation, try Sun Country.
RouteMSP to PHX
Date FlownDecember 2016

18th January 2017 : Sun Country Airlines response

We love our doggies! Glad you had a great time! Hope to see you soon!