SriLankan Airlines

"seating is not comfortable"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Business return Bahrain to Colombo on a A321 . Both flights left on time and landed slightly early . Both were smooth, Crew were pleasant, friendly and engaging. Did not load my gluten free meal on the return leg. But did their best to find something. Entertainment was adequate with sufficient movies and TV to keep you occupied on these 5 hour segments. Drinks were supplied non stop and wine was sufficiently well chilled, food was ok at best barely a step over economy - one starter - salad - option of three mains and one desert . so Y class faire. MY gripe is that the regional seating is not comfortable, hardish seats, cradle style, not suitable for sleeping as the curvature of the seats is non existant with no leg support. Whilst I appreciate that Bahrain may not be a premium route for the airline, both were very full flights being over 180 persons. Most other middle east cities get A330 aircraft with lie flat seats. The seat need to be addressed as they are not worth the extra monies in my view.
RouteBahrain to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"cancelled and not informed"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Colombo. Our flight was cancelled and we were not even informed. We were put on the next flight which was 6 hours later. No compensation was given. I was on a short business trip and lost 1 day out of the 3 day stay. To make matters worse, the return flight was delayed by close to 3 hours. Again not even a snack was provided during the delay.
RouteSingapore to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"delayed by more than 3 hours"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Singapore. Very unprofessional service. The flight was delayed by more than 3 hours due to a technical reason. They only detected the malfunction at the last minute. Could not figure out how long it would take to get it corrected. Kept on posting false departure times. The due meal was delayed by more than 2 hours.
RouteColombo to Singapore

SriLankan Airlines customer review

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Colombo, comfortable journey, good leg room. IFE worked well, food is okay not great. Return also a comfortable journey, cabin crew are courteous food is good and IFE has good selection. Both Flights were on vtime. Would recommend
AircraftA330-300
RouteDoha to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"seat covers were all torn"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Colombo. I was seated with my husband in economy class seat numbers 12 E and 12 F in flight no UL319. The tray table of my seat could not be opened and I had to keep the tray on my lap while I was having the meal. My husbands tray table could only be opened halfway and hence the meal tray was leaning towards the seat in front. The seat covers of seats in front of ours were all torn exposing the packing material underneath and also back of the seats facing us were dirty. There was no reading material in the pocket. All in all our journey from Malaysia to Colombo was not pleasant at all.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"worst flight I've ever taken"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Bangkok via Colombo. This was the worst flight I've ever taken. The plane smelt as customers were complaining about the smell, the cabin crew went around spraying chemicals and air fresheners to mask the odor. It was unbearable. The flight was late and 34 people missed their connection to Bangkok. Families with small children had to wait in the Colombo airport for 8 hours, just to board a plane to Singapore, to then get to Bangkok. No hotel vouchers were given. People lost days of their vacations. As a single traveler, I was lucky and was able to board a plane at 8am (so I only had to wait 6 hours). Unfortunately, I missed my connecting flight to Chiang Mai. No reimbursement, or course. All they would offer were breakfast vouchers. The breakfast was disgusting.
RouteDoha to Bangkok via Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"we couldn't enjoy the lounge"

Trip Verified | Male to London via Colombo. We were waiting in Male business lounge, looking at the screen several times and found out that our plane was delayed. The lady behind the desk said: don't worry we will call you in time. After one and half hour we looked at the screen again and seen the final closing. Running to the gate we just managed to get on. We asked for a welcome sparkling wine instead of juice, but our request was refused. Surprised because on the to Male we had that drink. In Colombo we couldn't enjoy the lounge because had to rush to catch the flight to London.
RouteMale to London via Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"spoke in a harsh way to me"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Colombo. At checkin, the representative told me that I have got an upgrade and asked me to talk to the officials at the boarding gate. When I check with the person at the boarding gate, they said you have no Upgrade. I saw them giving upgrade to their known passengers. This is disappointing to me, they should not promise if they can't deliver and the officials spoke in a harsh way to me. I paid for my seat and i am not liable to take this kind of treatment.
RouteBengaluru to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2018

"next to nothing offered"

Trip Verified | Flew Colombo to Bengaluru with SriLankan Airlines. Leg room is less. No entertainment even though screens are installed, won't give you head phones. Don't understand the logic of that. Food is poor and next to nothing offered. The only decent thing is the people, who are very sweet and kind from the entry into the airport. Was given middle seat, citing there are no other seats available and then I see that the last few rows were completely empty. Check-in at airport is exceptionally slow, so is the boarding process. They announce final call 1 hour prior to flight time and don't board till 20 mins before, keeping you holed up in a small room all this while.
RouteColombo to Bengaluru
Date FlownMarch 2018

"chasing to get our money back"

Trip Verified | My friend and I had to cancel the flights because we could not fly. After the flights were cancelled we were upgraded to business class and charged for this. It took us 10 telephone calls, around 50 emails and 1.5 months of chasing to get our money back. The customer support in the UK on the phone spoke bad English and could not explain anything properly. We got confusing messages on emails, were sent from one department to another and faced with numerous delays. Customer service is non existent, the refund system is confusing and requires you to fill a form for each ticket. One department of the airline does not talk to another. We ended up complaining to their customer support team (we were given their details after weeks of requesting them!) however we still faced delays and only got the money back after 45 days of constant chasing.
RouteBangalore to Colombo