SriLankan Airlines

"an exquisite journey"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Kuala Lumpur. A warm and culture influenced welcome by the crew. Cabin crew very hospitable and engaging. Take off was pretty smoothie. The only negative was the aircraft itself that was quite crampy. As it was a night flight the expectation of a really good meal wasn't the at high, but flavour and the choice of meal pleased me. The cabin lights were off shortly after service for a comfortable and well needed sleep. Seats were quite comfortable. Overall an exquisite journey. Looking forward to fly again.
AircraftA321-200
RouteColombo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Crew was nice and professional"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Colombo. I flew with SriLankan Airlines in October 2016 . It was one of my most comfortable flights. Crew was nice and professional, they have beautiful uniforms and the food was delicious . Also the seats were comfortable and cabin interior Very modern and stylish. SriLankan Airlines is one of my favorites airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteFrankfurt to Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2016

"cabin crew most professional"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. I was the last passenger to check in just 50 min before departure time. I was reassured by ground staff that I am not going to miss the flight. Excellent check in service. Flight was reasonable for a small island nation and nothing to complain about. Very professional captain explaining each every step and reassuring passengers while experiencing severe turbulence. Cabin crew one of most professional I have seen. Similar to Qantas and much better than other regional airlines. I loved the meal. Very smooth landing. Everything on time.
RouteColombo to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2017

"disgusting behaviour at checkin"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Colombo. Absolutely disgusting behaviour at the checkin desk. In this so called digital India they don’t accept E visas or tickets. They forced me to get a hard copy of my visa which I have in my Phone with a big screen. I stand in a long Queue but after waiting there for 30 minutes the rude lady told me to get a hard copy of visa. When I question her back from where, She said somewhere from the Airport. And when I question her again she said not their problem. What unprofessional staff, However the Other managing staff helped me and check my bags in on E-Visa. They started Arguing with each other in front of me and other customers, no one know what they are doing. Absolutely not acceptable. I’ll try not to travel through this airline again. G
RouteDelhi to Colombo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"seat was spacious and comfortable"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow - Colombo - London Heathrow with SriLankan Airlines. Check in on each leg was quick and efficient. I wasn't offered fast track security departing Heathrow, but I was given an invitation for fast track immigration at Heathrow on my return. UL business class passengers get the use of the BA / OneWorld lounge at Heathrow T3. Not luxurious, but comfortable and well appointed, plenty of hot and cold snacks, and reassuringly plenty of seating. The Serendib Lounge in Colombo was small and felt a bit cramped but comfortable enough with a decent breakfast buffet (closed for 30 minutes or so to switch to a lunch buffet). Good, clean toilets and complimentary wi-fi in both lounges. The SriLankan equipment was an Airbus A330-300. Business Class in a 1-2-1 herringbone type configuration (note – the Sri Lankan A330-200's have a less generous C class layout). The seat was spacious and comfortable, and easily converted to a fully flat bed at the push of a button. A blanket and toiletries bag are provided, but no pyjamas. There is an enormous TV screen, but the selection of programming was somewhat disappointing, with very few recent film releases. Good selection of journey maps though, as well as downward and forward facing cameras. Food was of OK but not fantastic quality, with typically three options of starter and main course, but only one desert. Crew were efficient and courteous, if a bit unsmiling on the outward leg, much friendlier on the return leg. One of the Business Class cabin toilets was out of action for most of the return journey. Basically a decent enough Business Class product with good quality seating, so-so meals and entertainment and inconsistent (but never poor) cabin service. There are worse business class products out there, but there are certainly better as well.
AircraftA330-300
RouteLondon Heathrow to Colombo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Friendly and very courteous"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Colombo. Fantastic service by the cabin crew. Excellent food. Friendly and very courteous staff. I am very pleased that I flew with Sri Lankan. Recommend this air line to anyone who wish to have a relaxed stress free flying.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Colombo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Not impressed with call centre"

Verified Review | London to Melbourne via Colombo, with a 12 hour layover in Colombo. SriLankan Airlines provided a transit hotel in Colombo, and complimentary lunch and dinner at the airport. The hotel room was basic but clean, and had a safe for valuables if you are leaving the airport. Plane and lavatory clean, Flight Attendants were polite and friendly. Food and drink options were good, plenty of choice for inflight entertainment. The airline let us change our booking with no change fee (only had to pay the difference between flights, which was 60 GBP per person). In the 12 hour layover, we were able to go into Negombo to look around the city and beach, and still have some chill out time and a shower in the transit hotel before the second flight. When we tried to do our online check-in the day of our flight, the booking had mysteriously disappeared. We then spent hours phoning the airline to try and find out what had happened. Apparently, they had not confirmed us on the new flight, as they "didn't realise" we'd paid the fee (which was done on the spot when we re-booked). They tried to put us on the next-day flight, which we refused. After many phone calls, they finally confirmed our booking and all was well from that point on. Not impressed with the call centre though. Would be rating higher if we hadn't had to deal with this inconvenience.
Aircraft A330-300 / A330-200
RouteLondon to Melbourne via Colombo

"Overall excellent service"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to London Heathrow via Colombo. We have made this trip yearly using Emirates and decided to use SriLankan as they are cheaper, the disadvantage being the length of the journey is longer as we were routed through CMB. The flight BKK-CMB was on a A320, the reception onboard very friendly and they put our bags in the overhead lockers. The food was good, the plane clean, the FAs always to ensure the journey was comfortable. Very little to say negatively about the flight. The next leg was CMB to LHR on an A330-300 good seat configuration, again a high standard of customer care, good food and drinks of all tastes available. The toilets were clean, the FAs again there to make the flight comfortable. IFE not as good as Emirates but still a large choice of movies, TV to choose from. The one issue I have is having to pay for Wifi, not a problem for me but could for business travelers. Overall excellent service, the airline on time and friendly FAs, highly recommend this airline, will definitely be using them again, in my opinion a 4 star airline.
AircraftA333 / A320
RouteBangkok to London Heathrow via Colombo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"got delayed more than five hours"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Colombo to Guangzhou. The flight schedule at 17:35 but it got delayed more than five hours, and still I’m waiting for the flight. But Didn’t provide any refreshment and they told they are arranging dinner. They staff at Palm Strip Lounge was very rude to me, but still I got the lounge access.
RouteColombo to Guangzhou
Date FlownNovember 2017

"wonderful array of teas"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Colombo. Sri Lankan used to be my favourite airlines for traveling to Bangkok and Colombo, but they have stopped flying to Bangkok from Hong Kong, but opera 5 direct flights instead. Due to the low load factor, they now use a smaller A320 aircraft, but the newest one called NEO. The leg room in business class is quite good, good recliner seat with foot rest, suitable for a 5 hour flight. Their onboard service and catering have always been outstanding, such as the case in this trip. They have a good touch screen AVOD too, and a decent headphone. They also have a wonderful array of teas, which is what Sri Lanka is famous anyway. From Hong Kong direct to Colombo, SriLankan airlines is the only airlines that does that, and luckily, they are a very good choice. They are part of OneWorld, so you can earn mileage if you are members of any of the One World airlines.
AircraftA320 Neo