Top 100 Airlines

SriLankan Airlines

"delay was managed well"

Verified Review | Colombo to Bangkok with SriLankan Airlines. The aircraft had the new seats which were the angled herringbone ones and were very comfortable. We took off on time and the usual efficient service started. Unfortunately just as we were finishing breakfast, the aircraft had to return back to Colombo as there was a technical issue. This was distressing but the crew kept us informed regularly and luckily a replacement aircraft was present right adjacent to us and we took off in it. Overall we had a delay of almost 3 hours but this was managed well by UL.
RouteCMB to BKK
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"crew were very nice and efficient"

Verified Review | Dubai to Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. This airline offers a good value travel to the far east. Check in was swift and efficient and we took off 45 minutes late due to ATC. The seats were flatbeds with great amount of space. A full course meal was served with 4 choices but I opted to sleep. We landed on time and had to be taken on a bus towards the terminal. The crew were very nice and efficient in their job.
RouteDXB to CMB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very nice and attentive"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Colombo and Colombo to Paris on A330-300. As I understood its a pretty brand new plane. The plane looks good: seats good condition, bathroom clean. Legroom is minor. I'm not a good reference because Im 6'6 but my girlfriend who is 5'8 just fitted well. On the way back to Paris I was fortunate to have emergency exit seets (row 20 & 50). In-flight entertainment system is Android based and mediocre: just 2 new movies, the rest is pretty old (range from 2 years old to classic movies). Also not a lot of TV shows. Food was good according to Economy standards: on both flights had 2 dishes of which 2 options each were available. Cabin crew is good: they were very nice and attentive. No delays on both flights. Landing was perfect. Recommended.
AircraftA330-300
RouteFRA to CMB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"are always very helpful"

Verified Review | I am a platinum customer of SriLankan Airlines and travel frequently to and from the Maldives from London, as I built a boutique style hotel there specialising in diving holidays. SriLankan Airlines have been very helpful in carrying all the strange and varied things I have had to take with me for the hotel. All our china crockery, glasses, towels, etc have been transported by SriLankan Airlines and very little was broken. They are always very helpful if I give them advance warning. The food is special and the staff are couteous and helpful. Flights have been on time and I recommend travel from Europe to all my guests. You generally don't have a long transfer time in Colombo so you can get a nights sleep and then only another hour to Maldives.
RouteLHR to MLE via CMB

"crew was efficient and friendly2

Chennai to Colombo. Very disorganised boarding at Chennai airport. Flight left with a 10 min delay. Service resumed soon after a take off on this very short flight. Crew was efficient and friendly. Meal consisted of a vegetable fried rice, semolina pudding and rea coffee. Food was delicious. Seats were comfortable on this flight. Entertainment was ok but could be improved like Emirate's ICE system
AircraftA330-200
RouteMAA to CMB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"made us miss our flight"

Verified Review | We booked 3 seats in the flight from Colombo to Chennai. The take-off was planned at 00:55am. At 00:00, the person who was taking care of our checking checked our passports and printed our 3 boarding passes. He then asked my friend to show his return ticket to his home country. According to him, this was required as my friend had a business visa expiring in less than 6 months. From 00:00 to 00:30am, we literally begged Sri Lankan employees to provide us an internet access in order to show the required ticket. Moreover we were not able to use the airport wifi as the connexion was too slow. None of the employees helped us in any way. The trainee in charge of our check-in kept on asking us to wait 5 mn for his help, while taking care of the other customers, without finally helping us in any way to solve the situation. His manager was also present, and literally ignored our request. He even threatened us to call the airport security and to throw us out of the airport as we were becoming really worried and helpless. Eventually, I managed to load the ticket of my friend on my own phone, and showed it at 00:30am to the employee. He then replied back that the gate was already closed and didn't let us proceed to the boarding, though we still had 25 mins before flight take-off. We therefore had to change our three tickets for the next flight, paying extra charges, and waiting from 00:55am to 7:20am in the airport. SriLankan Airlines staff made us miss our flight for no valuable reasons. We tried raising a complaint, but they refused to take any action to compensate us.
RouteCMB to MAA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight experience is above average"

Verified Review | The SriLankan Airlines timing and price, is probably one of the best to fly from Singapore to Colombo. Overall, the flight experience is above average. The flight attendants are attentive and respond promptly to the passengers. On the other hand, the seats are old and in-flight entertainment is limited. Look forward to better in-flight entertainment and they could actually spray a little less of the air freshener before touchdown, this would be greatly appreciated.
RouteSIN to CMB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"an absolute delight"

Verified Review | Recently flew Dubai to Colombo and back with SriLankan Airlines. The out bound journey on board their A330-200 was in Economy Class with a fantastic team of flight attendants, great tasty meals and good selection of onboard AVOD. While on the return I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to Business Class and that too on their latest A330-300. The crew on this flight was superb too, exquisite food and beverage selection, and a good variety of AVOD again. I must say the lie flat was an absolute delight. Would highly recommend SriLankan.
AircraftA330-200 / A330-300
RouteDXB to CMB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"seats look old but comfortable"

(Kuwait)

Verified Review | Kuwait to Colombo in March 2016. The seats look old but comfortable and very wide legroom. The food is tasty, entertainment system is good but needs more upgrade for the video material. I was flying with my leg in cast and they did everything to make me comfortable.
AircraftA330-200
RouteKWI to CMB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"spacious with 2-4-2 seating"

Verified Review | Colombo to Dubai, ground handling welcoming. Flight was spacious with 2-4-2 seating and clean cabin. We had a nice variety of movies to watch. Staff was attentive, food was tasty and had a very pleasant journey. The price was also good.
RouteCMB to DXB