SriLankan Airlines

"aircraft was in good shape"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | My return trip from Colombo to Jeddah. Aircraft was in good shape. Excellent IFE. Adequate food. Crew not friendly and some crew members rude to the passengers and doesn't smile at all. I felt SriLankan losing their reputation as friendliest cabin crew. However, overall good experience compared to my onward journey from Colombo.
RouteColombo to Jeddah

"top notch service"

Verified Review | Booked on SriLankan Airlines Business for my return trip from Colombo to Dubai, and flew just few days back on their A330-300 aircraft and I must say my second time with the same cabin was just fabulous. With top notch service, a great dinner, wide selection of on board entertainment and flight on time. One negative was their Serendib Lounge felt a little cramped particularly during their peakest hour. However it did have a very good selection of meals and other facilities.
AircraftA330-300
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Cabin service was excellent"

Verified Review | Flew with SriLankan Airlines from Dubai - Colombo 2 weeks back on board their A330-300 (4R-ALN) and had a very good time. Cabin service was excellent, great food with a very good selection of mains for economy, a wide selection of English movies/TV series to catch up on. Definitely recommended.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDubai to Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Service average, food appalling"

Verified Review | Singapore to Dubai via Colombo. Excited to take this route instead of Qatar Airways who can't currently fly to Dubai. Very disappointed. The DNATA lounge in Singapore was filthy and unfit to serve food. The first leg on the A320 was old worn and very uncomfortable. Service was average and food appalling. The A330 from Colombo was also a tired aircraft and again food mediocre and service average. I would not fly them again unless I absolutely had to. Hygeine and cleanliness costs nothing
AircraftA330 / A320
RouteSingapore to Dubai via Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"cabin crew were efficient and friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Colombo to London with SriLankan Airlines. Surprisingly comfortable flight with good service despite the flight being fully booked. Seats: Seats were comfortable and leg space was sufficient as most long haul airlines I usually fly such as Qatar or Emirates. Meals: Average meals and nothing special, I noticed there was shortage of certain variety for few passengers such as the beef main of the second meal of the flight. Service: The cabin crew were efficient and friendly, they were going several rounds serving drinks despite few turbulence weather. There was just one male Cabin crew member who seemed to have an attitude problem and never mentioned the world please to me or fellow passengers nearby. However, the rest were really friendly. This was a surprisingly comfortable flight with good leg space.
RouteColombo to London
Date FlownJune 2017

"flight had been overbooked"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Bahrain via Colombo. The first disappointment came when i headed to the check in counter at Bahrain International Airport where i witnessed a hostile crowd at the Srilankan Airways counter who were furious because the flight had been overbooked. I had checked in online a day earlier and this turned out to be an advantage since they called those passengers and told us we could proceed with immigration after dropping our baggage off, which was a huge relief. I never found out what happened to the other passengers that were not allowed to board. The next shock was finding out that our plane had no entertainment system on board and mind you were are talking about a flight that lasts for over 5 hours. I regretted not taking my ipad at that moment. And to add to my vows, the food I had specially requested was an absolute disaster. The wait in Colombo airport was short and we boarded our next flight to Bangkok. Now this was more like the Srilankan airlines i had heard of, with each seat having a console. The food was absolutely fantastic and the seats were super comfy too. The rest of the flight went off without a hitch. The return flight was a repeat of the first leg with no entertainment consoles on the flight and bad seating. I had a 7.5 hour wait at Colombo and regretted not taking a Visa On Arrival. The flight from Colombo to Bahrain was in a plane without any of the livery that you would expect and a really old plane which had interiors that were peeling off. The staff were exceptional and friendly. I would also recommend that the airline refit its planes with entertainment.
RouteBangkok to Bahrain via Colombo

"unprofessional behavior"

Verified Review | My flight UL 195 was scheduled at 14:10 from Colombo to Delhi, I got the ticket confirmation e-mail well in advance through an e-mail. But when I reached at the airport at 12:45 the airline staff denied our check-in on a plane even when we had confirmed reservation. I showed them with confirmed tickets e-mail but all in vain. When nobody came to help me, I asked them to call their manager. To my surprise she said due to Sri Lankan airways customer care mistake they overbooked the flight and they have given my seats to someone else. At last they offered me another connecting flight through Air India from Colombo to Chennai scheduled at 16:30 and then Chennai to Delhi from 21:00. But situation got worse when I came to know that this flight is already delayed by one hour. I thereby waited for almost 4 hours at the airport and took almost 12 hours to reach Delhi i.e. somewhere around 12:00 during night. It was the worst experience ever facing the unprofessional behavior from Sri Lankan airways staff. Spending extra amount for direct ticket and getting delayed flights with 12 hours long journey in return.
RouteColombo to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2017

"transit staff were woeful"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Bangalore via Colombo. The trip was fine from Bangkok. No problems. Very helpful gracious staff. Good information supplied by the pilot. On the ground in Colombo where I had an 7:50 hour layover transit staff were woeful. I wanted to get a temporary visa to travel out of the airport for a couple of hours. Immigration said I needed a voucher from the airline to get the visa. Sri Lankan airlines ground staff refused to give me one because my stay was less than 8 hours. So I have to sit in the business lounge costing the airline money by eating their food and drinking their alcohol for 7:50 hours. Go figure.
RouteBangkok to Bangalore via Colombo
Date FlownMay 2017

"handled very well by the staff"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | SriLankan Airlines is know for its hospitality and this flight from Chennai to Colombo was no different. Cabin crew were courteous and the aircraft was wider with more space. The middle seat in the first row behind the business class has no tray table, separate tray is required to be fixed. Food was served on time and the short flight was handled very well by the staff.
RouteChennai to Colombo
Date FlownMay 2017

"great hospitality and service"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | The flight was excellent. I was wowed by the entertainment system SriLankan Airlines has upgraded to with new modern, responsive HD screens with good entertainment collections. Well maintained aircraft. Food was great and service was efficient. One gesture I liked was staff offering water before takeoff to all passengers seated. Overall great hospitality and service.
RouteColombo to Doha