SriLankan Airlines

Review by (Australia) 3rd July 2015

We checked in at Hong Kong airport quickly and easily. Issued boarding passes and lounge invite. That was the Plaza Premium lounge. A lot of airlines use this lounge so there is a separated area for us airline customers. It is important to ask about that, as the normal part gets quite crowded. The airline reserved area has alcoholic drinks and better quality food. The main area has more substantial food. You can go from one area to the other. Our flight was delayed an hour in Bangkok, so we had plenty time to investigate the lounge. Boarding the flight was done in a hurry to try and make up time. Unfortunately, Hong Kong airport is a busy one, so we had to wait for a new take off slot. In the end, we were about 90 minutes late for take off. These things happen. The flight was smooth and comfortable. SriLankan business class is one of the best in terms of friendly service, good food and drinks. The A/V offering has been boosted in the last year, so now there are over 100 movies. Now nearly all business flights have fully reclining to flat bed seats. On arrival we were issued with priority arrival passes. That saved a few moments as immigration wasn't busy at 10pm. Our bags arrived in minutes and we were out of the airport and in a taxi. By that time the traffic into the city had thinned out, so we made up a bit of time there.
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok

Review by (Hong Kong) 29th June 2015

I bought this ticket at a very special deal, which included a free stopover in Colombo and Bangkok. Meals were nice, service some of the very best. The connection to LHR involved an overnight about 12 hours. Had a hotel voucher issued and escorted to the Gateway hotel, close to the airport. Back to the airport next day for my LHR flight, departing at 1pm and 8pm arrival. Serendib lounge a delight, with a wide selection of a buffet lunch. Staff talked and interacted with customers. A330-300 with 1-2-1 configuration and flat bed is good, particularly a cheap ticket like mine. 2 meals were served, good AVOD and on board wifi (not free but reasonable). 10 hours passed by easily. Arrived 8pm at Heathrow and collecting my luggage - which came out first - took about 30 minutes. I am really impressed and was very happy with my choice for my first London trip, I would do it again any time with UL.
AircraftA330-200 & A330-300
RouteHKG to LHR via CMB

Review by (Australia) 24th June 2015

Connecting flight from KUL to CMB. Boarding started ahead of scheduled time, something that we don't see normally. As we boarded, we were greeted and directed to our seats. The cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. Captain did a great job welcoming the passengers and briefing. Inflight service was excellent and a range of movies and TV shows to choose from. Meals were amazing. Departed on time and arrived on time.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Colombo

Review by (Australia) 24th June 2015

Checking is was quite quick at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. We were issued with priority passes to get through security and immigration. Sri Lankan uses the Louis Tavern Lounge. That lounge offered plenty of variety to drink, (Scotch, gin, wine, vodka, brandy, rum, campari, martini, liqueurs) but rather limited food- a noodle dish, sandwiches pastries and icecream. It was a wonderful way to pass 2 hours trying this and that. Boarding was easy. Economy and business passengers were divided. Sri Lankan offers flat bed business seats to most flights including this, so it was a luxury experience. Champagne was offered and meals ordered before take off. In flight service was perfect. Prior to the meal we were served sherry and cashews. The meals were wonderful. Plenty of choice. SriLankan has upgraded the inflight entertainment to offer 100+ channels. So it matches most airlines. But surpasses many airlines in terms of friendly service. Lunch was 4 courses, but more if you wished. Drinks included wines, spirits, sherries, port and liqueur. Excellent tea! Departure on time and arrival on time. Bags took a while to arrive, but that is outside the control of the airline. Overall perfection!
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong

Review by (Italy) 16th June 2015

Since they offered a very low fare and being the only direct flight to CMB from FCO, I decided to give them another chance. It's an A330-200 with completely refurbished cabin with very spacious legroom. IFE - quite an impressive collection with very good LED screens. Food is excellent. Two main meals served with a premium collection of vines. Staff is always smiling and attending. Always ready to help you. A very clean wash room with lots of amenities. It's an impressive improvement for the airline within just three years. A truely five star service.
AircraftA330-200
RouteCMB to FCO

Review by (Sri Lanka) 6th June 2015

CMB-DXB 2 April UL225. DXB-CMB 11 April UL226. Flew 2 moths back CMB-DXB-CMB both sectors on the Airbus A321. Really great down to earth food and friendly service. Onboard AVOD did fit well within my entertainment needs.

Review by (Hong Kong) 27th May 2015

Flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong just now. The biggest comment is that some of their staff are rude and unhelpful. After the meal a crew member was walking around asking if anyone needed some tea. She walked very fast like she was not intending to serve people anyway so it was impossible to catch her. I finally caught her when she came to clean up our meals. I will never take this airline again if I have a choice.

Review by (Australia) 27th May 2015

Colombo to London new A330-300 Business Class. Individual pod style seats. 1-2-1 configuration. Flight on time Attendants friendly and attentive food mostly very good and alcohol freely offered. Probably only negative was the cabin temperature seemed too warm for me but thats a personal preference. Large crisp and clear entertainment screens however the on board flight camera function not working. Fast track immigration pass given out for Heathrow very thankful when we saw the queues. Price paid was cheaper in Business than a lot of other carriers in economy. Fantastic value.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th April 2015

UL142 (BOM-CMB) and UL225 (CMB-DXB). I would like to start with the CMB-DXB sector flew 4R-ALJ (A330-200) fully refurbished aircraft with RAVE IFE excellent food not the new light-weight sears but was a very pleasant experience. After reading the comments here I did not want to expect much but I was pleasantly surprised that on- board service is better than my previous business class experiences on other airlines. I have to say the cabin crew did every possible thing in their capacity to make all passenger's feel comfortable. I expected much more from the IFE considering its RAVE but it was adequate enough for the 4hr 15min flight to Dubai. On the BOM-CMB sector I flew 4R-ABK (A320) no IFE but superb legroom and great comfort. However in comparison to the cmb-dxb flight smiles seemed forced on the crew's face which disappeared mid-flight and it was noticeable that they wanted to just distribute food except for 1 or 2 of them. It was however a short flight and did not bother me much. Transit Time was 13 hrs and I stayed at the Goldi Sands Hotel Negambo 15mins from the airport with a transit visa all courtesy SriLankan Airlines. Very Impressive and Great value for money. Would definitely recommend.

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd April 2015

UL0504 19th March. Aircraft's require regular internal check ups and I am afraid this does not occur. Before you sit down I suggest you check to ensure all electrical as well as chair is in good working order. If not report immediately. The Staff and entertainment are both great but not the basic operational stuff like seat movement light switch folding table and leg room adjustment.