Top 100 Airlines

SriLankan Airlines

"seat was excellent"

Verified Review | Colombo to Dubai with SriLankan Airlines. The flight was excellent. had some turbulence at the start but as time passed it was smooth. The seat was excellent and I always choose 3K. The crew was excellent and attentive. The meals was not up to the mark. Only the on board duty free was not fully loaded. High End Liquor. Ground staff was good. The food at the lounge was not to the mark as before. May be the choice that day.
AircraftA 330-200
RouteCMB to DXB
Date FlownMay 2016

"solid business class product"

Verified Review | London to Male with SriLankan Airlines business class. The seats on the new A330-300 on the London to Colombo leg are arranged in a 1-2-1 layout. As we were travelling as a couple we chose the centre 2 seats and as each row is slightly staggered there was a surprising amount of privacy. Seats are flat bed and very comfortable. There is a lack of storage space around the seat but this is made up for by the large overhead lockers. The only slight niggle with the seats is that for a 5" 11" male the foot room when fully reclined was a little tight - but it did not interfere with a good nights sleep. The second leg to Male was in the older A330-200 series with a 2-2-2 layout. But the seats were comfortable. But being such a short leg of just over an hour I am unable to comment of sleep quality. Food was excellent on both legs, and was really nice to see curry's and local breakfast dishes with bold and hot spicing - the SriLankan breakfast was especially spicy! Drinks onboard were varied and the cocktails were good. It was good to see premium fever tree tonic used (but you have to ask) and the Champagne was adequate. Cabin crew didn't come round regularly with drinks but were more than happy and courteous when asked via the call bell or popping into the galley. Cabin crew were well presented, friendly and professional. The only niggle was when serving food they forgot my wife a couple of times - the crew on the left aisle thinking the crew on the right aisle had served and visa versa. I cannot comment on the wifi as I didn't pay for this. I'd expect it to be complementary on business class but as it wasn't - I didn't bother. In-flight entertainment was acceptable with some up to date films but the choice was limited so I can only give 4 stars in this area. If I was to have a criticism it would be the lack of water on the flight. Small bottles were offered at the start and end but we drink large quantities of water each day (even more on long haul flights). When I asked for 2 large bottles of water for my wife and I was told we could only have one. It would seem you can drink massive amounts of champagne and spirits but no so of water. I'd expect a little better on expensive business class tickets. Otherwise SriLankan is a solid business class product and one I would recommend and when we head to Male again I am sure we will book with them.
AircraftA330-300 / A330-200
RouteLHR to MLE via CMB
Date FlownApril 2016

"staff are nice and helpful"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Male via Colombo with SriLankan Airlines, and flight is on time. Aircraft was not new but clean. Flat-bed seat is wide and comfortable, meals were average. There are 3 meal choices to choose and some teas. Cabin staff are nice and helpful. Inflight entertainment is average. Movies are quite old and few.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBKK to MLE via CMB
Date FlownApril 2016

"disappointed with consistency of service"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | After having heard many positive reviews of SriLankan Airlines, I was looking forward to this flight from Colombo to Bangkok. However, I was slightly disappointed with the consistency of service. They surely make an effort to provide outstanding service, but not all cabin crew members provided the same level of service. For example, while on the left aisle, the cabin crew member was handing out blankets, on the right aisle, you had to stop a cabin crew member to ask for a blanket. The one thing that disappointed me the most was the leg room. Several reviews here state that the leg room is good, this may apply to relatively short people. I am 187cm tall and while in a normal sitting position, my knees touched the seat in front of me. I found this very uncomfortable. If you are taller than 185cm, you will not be able to sit comfortably.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCMB to BKK
Date FlownApril 2016

"seats were very comfortable"

(Maldives)

Verified Review | Male to Narita via Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. The new A330-300 from Colombo to Narita return was pleasant with the best courtesy from senior cabin crew. The seats were very comfortable and ample leg space. The food from Narita back to Colombo was surprisingly elaborate as I had a bento box with the most extensive small, delicate items - each with a fancy name – and the taste was as nice as the Japanese restaurants on ground. I had some small problems with the Male to Colombo flight but the Colombo Narita flight changed my opinion for this trip. Highly recommended for the A330-300 Business class.
RouteMLE to NRT via CMB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service was second to none"

Having read some of the previous reviews, I was looking forward to my flights on SriLankan from Bangkok to London Heathrow via Colombo, particularly as I'd not used this airline for many years - they were Air Lanka back then. Check-in at BKK was swift, fast-track through security and into the Louis Tavern Lounge - nothing to complain about here. The first leg to CMB was outstanding. The senior flight attendant welcomed us by name and shook my hand and thereafter the service was second to none. We arrived on-time and delighted by the experience. We went into the rather crowded Serendip Lounge as we had an hour or two until our onward leg, but having found a seat, the lounge was pleasant with a good choice of food and drink. We boarded the A330 to LHR and found a clean, spacious cabin. The flight was not unpleasant but it wasn't a patch on the first leg. Sitting at the front of the cabin, we were served first at lunch time and had the full choice of menu and the food was good. The later, afternoon snack was served in reverse order so we were last to be served, by which time there was only one option remaining, which didn't appeal, so rather disappointing. During the flight I visited the galley for a drink - it must have been a crew rest break as the only person there was the male cabin supervisor who was sat doing paperwork and ignored me completely. After waiting a few minutes, he was clearly aware of my presence but still made no effort to serve me until I asked for service. Rather poor. Overall, nice planes, good spacious cabins but variable service. They are competitively priced and I would happily use them again.
AircraftA321, A330
RouteBKK to LHR via CMB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cabin crew were quite serious"

I had never flown with SriLankan Airlines before, so wasn't sure what to expect flying from London Heathrow to Colombo. The aircraft looked quite new. Seats were as comfortable as economy seats can be on a 10hr flight. I did like the larger inflight screens, there weren't as many new release movies as I have experienced on other flights, but they did have a wide selection. The cabin crew were ok, quite serious, they didn't serve many drinks and when they did, they walked past offering wine, then tea or coffee, without a trolley, so you had to be alert and assertive to get their attention or you missed out. The food was good for aeroplane food, they had 3 choices, chicken curry, cod or vegetable curry. They had options for breakfast which were also ok, the only slight quibble would be that the food was not hot enough.
RouteLHR to CMB

"friendly cabin crew"

Flew SriLankan Airlines from Colombo to London Heathrow. After a terrible waiting time at Colombo International Airport, we were welcomed by a brand new A330-300 aircraft (3 months old), with good legroom and friendly cabin crew with round the clock service of drinks and snacks. Have good entertainment system with lots of movies.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCMB to LHR
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"couldn't wait to get off"

My sister and I accompanied our 91 year old aunt (who had health issues) from Colombo to London on a SriLankan Airlines flight on 28 January 2016. My aunt had a Business Class ticket and we travelled economy. Prior to take off we explained our situation to cabin staff and asked if we could check up on our aunt every now and then and also if they would let us know if she was not settled. That was all ok and a couple of times the crew called us over to business class to reassure her that all was well. However, half way during the flight she was unhappy and wanted to sit with one of us, so a cabin crew member suggested I take her business class seat and she sits next to my sister. Peace prevailed for a while until a new face appeared (business class cabin manager) who pompously demanded that I leave this seat as it was not SriLankan Airlines policy that seats be swapped. I explained the circumstances to him and he said it was 'not his problem' and said he can find me a seat at the back. I further explained that the cabin crew in economy were aware if the swap. At this point he walked up to one of the air hostesses and in a very arrogant tone pulled her up for not informing him - humiliating her in front of me. Then my aunt who was half way through a meal was asked to return to her business class seat, which she did but was very shaken. We asked to speak to the superior but was told he was too busy. I understand that you need to have policies in place but some compassion and decency could have been shown in this instance. SriLankan Airlines website describes business class as "Walk into a sanctuary of comforts that is closer to your dreams than to reality. Be a guest of the trademark SriLankan hospitality at 30,000 ft and find your home away from home amidst the cottony clouds." We saw none of this and couldn't wait to get off the plane.
RouteCMB to LHR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin staff were pleasant"

Return flights from London to Colombo. The flights were on time both ways. The cabin staff were pleasant and attentive, if a little disorganised regarding meals on the return flight. The entertainment was good, and the lavatories were kept clean and fresh. It did get a little uncomfortable on the eleven hour return trip, but that was to be expected. Would certainly use again.
AircraftA300 330