Vote Airport

SriLankan Airlines

"flight very comfortable"

I was dreading the SriLankan Airlines flights from London to Colombo return because I don't like flying. On the way out I paid the extra to fly business (which was also excellent), so that I could take a sleeping tablet and go to sleep. On the way back, as the flight was daytime, I didn't feel that paying extra was justified and I made the right decision. The flight was very comfortable, two of us had seats 22 H and K, window and aisle, offering plenty of leg room. Plenty of food, good in flight entertainment and even hot towels! Great service with courtesy.
RouteLHR to CMB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"a pleasant flight"

Me and my husband travelled with SriLankan Airlines after many years, from Delhi to Colombo, and we had a pleasant flight. Special thanks for the cabins crew who were working on that day, they were very friendly and efficient with their work. Food was excellent too.
RouteDEL to CMB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"high quality service"

I was pleasantly surprised to discover a new SriLankan Airlines A330 aircraft from Paris to Colombo. Stewardess were pleasant and provided high quality service. Food is good. Seats are a bit hard, but there is enough place for legs (I'm 1,75m high). TV / IFE screen is good and large. It was two pleasant trips.
RouteCDG to CMB
Date FlownOctober 2015

"lack of customer service"

London Heathrow to Male via Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. We were informed at check-in that our flight departing Heathrow was 1 hour late. Our connection in Sri Lanka was 45 minutes so we asked if there was any risk of us missing our connecting flight. They said that the flight would be held. We departed 1h30 late and were informed we would make some time up in the air. We did not. We landed 1h30 late into Colombo. The onboard staff informed us throughout the journey, right up until we disembarked that the plane to Male had been held. We got off the plane and were directed straight to the ticket desk, where there were two tickets waiting for the next plane, 5.5 hours later. No apologies were made and nobody seemed to care that we had been delayed never mind actually telling us our flight had left. Our next plane to Male was then delayed by a further 30 minutes, meaning we arrived over 6 hours late into our final destination. Again, no apologies were made at any point. The food onboard was good quality as was the service. The Business Class Lounge at Colombo was spacious and staff were friendly. Food was not good. Overall, poor communication and lack of customer service for delay.
RouteLHR to MLE via CMB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"cabin crew very friendly"

(Belgium)

Family holiday travel Frankfurt to Colombo on SriLankan Airlines new A330-300, business class 1-2-1 seating. This new business class can match a similar product with a lot of airlines and I found the seating spacious in comparison with a lot of European or Gulf airlines (except for Qatar Airways). IFE very decent, and the food offered first class. Cabin crew was very friendly. The only minor issue I can mention is the amenity kit, which did not have shaving materials for men. This is value for money.
RouteFRA to CMB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"good product at exceptional price"

Business class Paris to Singapore via Colombo. New A330-300 had pod style seats arranged 1-2-1. The next A320 had 2-2 seating. A very good product at exceptional price. The FAs were very attentive and strict adherence to safety procedures. Food and presentation wonderful. Entertainment screen large and up to date. Only slight negatives would be that some other carriers give thicker duvets and seat toppers for sleeping which aren't provided on SriLankan. Many airlines adopt this pod arrangements but I find (being average height) it hard to get comfortable, and feet get squashed when laying flat.
RouteCDG to SIN via CMB
Date FlownJune 2015

"Great value for money"

Business Class Paris to Singapore via Colombo. The plane on the Paris - Colombo leg was the older model A330-200 I flew on last time. Having travelled over into London on the new A330-300 it was hard to not wish the newer planes were on the Paris-Colombo run too. The flight crew advised that more of the new planes are on order. The Crew in Business Class were of the high standard I've come to expect. Food and Beverage options were of an international standard. The Business Class Lounge at Columbo Airport is well appointed as one relaxes for the ongoing flight. Great value for money.
AircraftA330-200
RouteCDG to CDG via CMB
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"surprisingly comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Colombo to Kuala Lumpur is a short 3 hour flight on an A321 with 2x2 configuration recliner style seats. Bus transfer to the tarmac for boarding. The seat pitch is spacious and comfortable. Excellent service and delicious food (3 choices), it was a smooth flight.
RouteColombo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2015

"wonderful service and delicious food"

(Hong Kong)

I was very lucky to have enjoyed the new A330-300 1-2-1 pod style business class seats all the way from Hong Kong to London. The same style seats are now used by EVA, Cathay Pacific, etc. They are comfortable in sitting and relax position. When in fully flat sleep position, only a little narrower at the foot end. Not a problem for me as I sleep on my side. With an overnight transit in Colombo. I was offered a nice 4 star Gateway hotel which included a complimentary private car transfer, although it was a short 10 minute drive. Being a frequent flyer with UL, I am used to their wonderful service and delicious food. On this occasion, like many other, UL has maintained its high standard without fail. The beautifully presented food and the outstanding service is what set this airlines from South Asia apart from all the other competitors in the same region. Once again, it was another smooth and excellent flight to London. Being a Gold member flying business class allows me a whooping 55 kg luggage, priority luggage handling and of course, lounge access. Very often UL offers very special price flying this route, and very well worth considering with such perfect flight time. Leaves CMB at 1pm into London at 8pm, practically a "day" flight and solve jet lag problem. If everything remain as good as it is, they have my continued patronage in years to come.
RouteHong Kong to London via Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2015

"cabin crew were professional"

SriLankan Airlines from London to Colombo. It was a new, clean A330-300. Service was perfect. Cabin crew were professional with smiling faces and friendly approach. Staff made everything to make us feel comfortable onboard. Water and drinks served on a regular basis, food was great, I loved my special meal. Touch screen worked though movie selection was modest. Will fly with Srilankan Airlines again hopefully next year.
RouteLHR to CGK via CMB