Airline of the Year

SriLankan Airlines

"unprofessional behavior"

Verified Review | My flight UL 195 was scheduled at 14:10 from Colombo to Delhi, I got the ticket confirmation e-mail well in advance through an e-mail. But when I reached at the airport at 12:45 the airline staff denied our check-in on a plane even when we had confirmed reservation. I showed them with confirmed tickets e-mail but all in vain. When nobody came to help me, I asked them to call their manager. To my surprise she said due to Sri Lankan airways customer care mistake they overbooked the flight and they have given my seats to someone else. At last they offered me another connecting flight through Air India from Colombo to Chennai scheduled at 16:30 and then Chennai to Delhi from 21:00. But situation got worse when I came to know that this flight is already delayed by one hour. I thereby waited for almost 4 hours at the airport and took almost 12 hours to reach Delhi i.e. somewhere around 12:00 during night. It was the worst experience ever facing the unprofessional behavior from Sri Lankan airways staff. Spending extra amount for direct ticket and getting delayed flights with 12 hours long journey in return.
RouteColombo to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2017

"transit staff were woeful"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Bangalore via Colombo. The trip was fine from Bangkok. No problems. Very helpful gracious staff. Good information supplied by the pilot. On the ground in Colombo where I had an 7:50 hour layover transit staff were woeful. I wanted to get a temporary visa to travel out of the airport for a couple of hours. Immigration said I needed a voucher from the airline to get the visa. Sri Lankan airlines ground staff refused to give me one because my stay was less than 8 hours. So I have to sit in the business lounge costing the airline money by eating their food and drinking their alcohol for 7:50 hours. Go figure.
RouteBangkok to Bangalore via Colombo
Date FlownMay 2017

"handled very well by the staff"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | SriLankan Airlines is know for its hospitality and this flight from Chennai to Colombo was no different. Cabin crew were courteous and the aircraft was wider with more space. The middle seat in the first row behind the business class has no tray table, separate tray is required to be fixed. Food was served on time and the short flight was handled very well by the staff.
RouteChennai to Colombo
Date FlownMay 2017

"great hospitality and service"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | The flight was excellent. I was wowed by the entertainment system SriLankan Airlines has upgraded to with new modern, responsive HD screens with good entertainment collections. Well maintained aircraft. Food was great and service was efficient. One gesture I liked was staff offering water before takeoff to all passengers seated. Overall great hospitality and service.
RouteColombo to Doha

"the service was fast"

Verified Review | Colombo to Kuala Lumpur. Excellent crew and service. A short flight but the service was fast. The crew was very attentive and was available when you needed them. The seat too very good.
AircraftA330-200
RouteColombo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2017

"not hesitate to recommend"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Hong Kong. Excellent flight that could not be faulted. Departure from Bangkok right on time and arrival into Hong Kong 30 minutes early. The cabin crew were superb and highly attentive and the meal was really good. All in all a really enjoyable flight and I wish I had been travelling on a longer sector. I would not hesitate to recommend SriLankan Airlines.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2017

"flights I had with them were excellent"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | It is with sadness to learn that UL will no longer be flying between Hong Kong and Bangkok, instead, they will operate direct flights to Colombo, which will reduce my frequency of flying with them. With their very competitive prices in business class, UL has been one of my most favourite airlines. The aircraft is spacious, 1-2-1 business class flat seats, attentive service and delicious food. The 2 flights I had with them were excellent in all areas. I hope they will consider to fly between HKG and BKK again in the near future. Meanwhile, I will have to be contented with TG and Emirates.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"service overall has been slipping"

Unverified | Dubai to Jakarta via Colombo. I have flown on SriLankan Airlines in Business a number of times since 2010. The service overall has been slipping in regards to cost cutting. This trip gave a great fare in business, so was good value. Overall the A330 from Dubai to CMB was super, new 1-2-1 seating , full flat bed for a red eye flight. I skipped the food as slept. All other flights were on a A321 being from 4-5 hour flights with Cradle seats which were ok. Food was not great overly spiced or greasy and on two legs so not fresh and over spiced to conceal the fact that inedible. Tray service not far off Economy. Gone are the days when they had the meal trolley, cheese boards and desserts and the food was fantastic. Wines ok, white wine served warm on all legs, The crew were at best robotic and not engaging in fact they all looked flustered, tired and bored. Many inconsistencies in service, were reluctant to serve after the meal and were in the galley, which I passed though to use the bathroom they were asleep. Its a 3 star, its an ok seat and gets you from A to B, for the price paid was fine.
RouteDubai to Jakarta via Colombo
Date FlownApril 2017

"disinterested attitudes and lukewarm service"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Colombo to Bangkok return. Whilst the out bound journey was reasonably comfortable, on the return journey the seats were very badly spaced with very little leg room. The seats were very old and seats were no longer comfortable. Just an hour into the flight, I was developing cramps in my legs. Secondly, there was a beautiful, brand new, on board duty-free magazine. What was saddening is that they never had any of the products I asked for. Having travelled numerous times on Srilankan Airlines, I was used to seeing the cabin crew selling their ware very earnestly in the past. That enthusiasm was not there in these two flights. The cabin crew were just not interested in selling any duty free products. With such disinterested attitudes and lukewarm service, this airlines will never achieve its past glory. As for the wonderful cuisine Srilankan raves about, I must say I was disappointed. The glass noodle salad which I expected to see some greens, had a hint of celantro and one small piece of a salad leaf. Probably, they must have added some dressing although it was not very evident. Please also get some decent, better quality head sets. The ones provided were uncomfortable and would not sit properly. Srilankan Airlines better get there act together.
RouteColombo to Bangkok

"crew very professional"

Verified Review | Singapore to Colombo. This was a code share flight with Qantas. On time departure and arrival 10min earlier. Cabin crew very professional friendly. Seat was fine but not the best. Meal was fine.
RouteSingapore to Colombo