SriLankan Airlines

"I was very disappointed"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Colombo. I was very disappointed with this flight. Travelling at 20 weeks pregnant with twins on a 10 hour 45 min flight and we are sat in seats knowingly before take off that there is a technical issue and that all seats from ours at 50 to the back of the plane had no power. We couldn’t watch tv, I could not call for assistance, charge any devices and was travelling with a teenager also. The flight was absolutely freezing and everyone who went to the toilet and stood by our seats commented on how much colder it was where we were. I asked for extra blankets on 3 occasions and none came. I could not sleep as I was so cold. On a night flight while pregnant none of this was comfortable or good for my health.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"satisfied with the service"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Colombo. Flew economy class from Dhaka-Colombo-Dhaka. We wanted a direct flight and Srilankan was the cheapest option. Although little more expensive than the usual, we were rather satisfied with the service. Flight was on time. The cabin was clean and they had good collection of English/Bollywood films. Our 3 hour flight was not boring. The staff always had a smile and were very friendly. I quite liked their food - we were served lunch on board with options for veg and non-veg. We took the non-veg chicken dish and although it had a distinct Srilankan flavour, it was tasty. Do not expect restaurant quality meal but it should suffice for the journey. After our departure we realised we had left our passports in the airplane. When we informed a staff member at the check-in gate, she literally ran to the airplane and returned with our passports with a big smile. Very impressed with staff behaviour! Will definitely fly again.
RouteDhaka to Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not support you in ground staff"

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Chennai via Colombo. If everything goes well, this flight is okay. If you have some correction in your booking they will not support you in ground staff unless you buy ticket from direct airlines. I won't recommend for an emergency travel with this flight. What ever less price ticket I will never purchase this airline ticket again..
RouteKuwait to Chennai via Colombo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"service was horrible"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Jakarta. This flight was overbooked by a large number and many passengers including me couldn't board the flight despite being early. I had a direct Colombo to Jakarta flight, however I was asked to fly via KL which added another 4 hours travel time. The service was horrible.
RouteColombo to Jakarta

"recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | Reasonably good airline due to direct flight from Melbourne to Colombo return. The aircraft seems to be old. On our way up our seat 22K was faulty with meal tray practically hanging off the seat. I was forced to sit in another seat away from my wife. The seats are narrow and very uncomfortable. The plan was on time and arrived online at destination. Very encouraging. Service was good and meals are acceptable. One of the breakfast was egg omelette but it was almost egg soup. The staff are great. I will recommend the airline to travellers from Melbourne to Sri Lanka.
RouteColombo to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Would recommend"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Excellent flight, most passengers including me choose to sleep rather than take dinner, was a past midnight departure. Crew were very professional, aircraft was a bit old but business class was great, good movies, good breakfas , bags took long time to arrive but more a Melbourne airport issue than the airline. Would recommend.
AircraftA330-200
RouteColombo to Melbourne

"poor service"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to Colombo. The lesson learnt was never fly in cheaper airlines. Firstly, the food was not so good but I am OK with it. Seats were not comfortable at all, but it looks clean and neat. Entertainment were OK. Some of the cabin crew acted that they do not want or like to work in that airline. Rude cabin crew, zero hospitality, poor service. I would like to avoid travel by Sirlankan airlines.
RouteTrivandrum to Colombo

"good staff service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew Male to Jakarta via Colombo. Both flights was on the A321 and the flight from Male to Colombo was the old A321 which do not have inflight entertainment, no recliner seats and smaller legroom on this short flight. Few days later, took the new A321neo on the CMB-CGK route which was more better and have recliner seats, more legroom and IFE. Both flights had great food and good staff service. Overall flight was good, but not for the ground in Colombo which was terrible compared to other airports been on. Next time would prefer to fly EK, QR, SQ, CX, CZ etc as they have better service than SriLankan.
RouteMale to Jakarta via Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"great food and good staff service"

RouteMale to Jakarta via Colombo
Date FlownJune 2018

"worth the business class fare"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Bangkok. The business class fares are a good deal. Serendib lounge at Colombo Airport has seen better days, but there'a good buffet and travelers are entitled to free showers and a 15-minute head massage. As I had a 7:50 am flight the lounge was not crowded. This flight makes do with the older A330-200 with adjoining seats. I lucked out and had both seats to myself. The breakfast menu offered an extensive tea selection and several meal entrees. Given the near 4-hour flight, extensive breakfast selection, lounge access with free shower and spacious seating, it was well worth the business class fare.
AircraftA330-200