Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Just flew Spirit Airlines for the first time last week and was very pleased. They are great with little kids (I have 2) and the attendants and all staff were very kind and helpful. I did my homework online ahead of time so I knew what to order as far as my luggage when I booked our tickets. There's no fine print they don't hide anything. I compared to other airlines and it was far cheaper for us to fly Spirit. If the snack and beverage and free suitcase mean that much to you then do the math. you still pay for all that with the other airlines. Our flight was on time and our return flight made amazing time from Orlando to Pitts. We will definitely use Spirit in the future!

Spirit Airlines customer review

I didn't wait in any lines for more than 10 seconds and the people who worked there were fairly nice no complaints about that. Basically everything was perfect until you're about to board. Their 'zone' boarding process should be reconsidered. The first two zones are small amounts of people then become mobs trying to form a line when they call for the third and fourth zones. You really get what you pay for with Spirit when it comes to the seat being that I'm 6'2 the seat didn't offer me anywhere near the necessary amount of space to travel with comfort. No TVs and no complementary food and drinks. At the end of the day they got me there and back in one piece quickly and for a low cost.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I traveled from New York to Detroit then to Vegas round trip. My first and last time I will fly with Spirit. All 4 flights were beyond dirty. Food crumbs all over the floor and seats the tray tables were so dirty they were stuck closed and on one flight I could see someone's face still imprinted on the seat in front of me. The seats have got to be the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in. It felt like I was sitting on a rock for 4 hours. To top it all off the seats do not recline and leg room is non-existent. Do not be deceived by the low price it does not included baggage fees and drinks and snacks on the plane. Unless you are traveling with nothing but a purse you are forced to pay for your bags. $35 for carry-on and $30 to check them and that's only one way. If you are dying of thirst or hunger prepare to spend $3 for a can of soda or $5 for a small snack. Never Again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Our flight from MSP was scheduled to leave at 11:.30am and it didn't leave until 5.45pm. We were told it was due to weather mechanical problems and not having a crew available to fly the plane. The first delay stated we would leave at 1.30 then 3.30 and at noon we were told a plane was on it's way. The plane arrived 2 hours later (from Chicago which is a 45 min flight) and sat there until 5.45 because the pilots weren't available. Spirit offered a $7 food voucher and a $50 credit for a future flight - which is laughable and something we'll never use. Lesson learned - you get what you pay for. Spend the extra money to buy a ticket on a more reliable airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I recently took a trip with Spirit and it was about the worst experience I have had traveling. I do quite a bit of travel and on this particular trip the flight was delayed 4.5 hours for mechanical problems. I was never informed of the delay until I got to the airport. Fortunately had a family member taking me and I was able to spend some extra time with her. We were given $7.00 food vouchers in an airport where the restaurants close at 7.00 what does one eat for $7.00. I was told to go to Hudson news and get candy or drinks.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew from DFW to Myrtle Beach and back. Only airline that offered a non-stop flight. Both flights were on time. No over booking. Very polite and accommodating employees. No complaints. It was a very pleasant experience and will fly Spirit again. Just go to their website and pay for your carry on or checked bag ahead of time. You can carry on water or food. They also provide them for a small fee. You are allowed to carry on a small bag purse or back pack for free 16x14x12. I didn't purchase any food or beverages and there was no Entertainment.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight delayed 7 hours with no notification or explanation. Waited 40 minutes on hold to speak with a customer service rep who had no information for me and offered no solutions. Horrible experience will never fly with them again! Horrible customer service not to mention ridiculous fees. No mobile boarding passes and they charge $10 to print your boarding pass at the airport. No complimentary beverages no inflight entertainment seats are small and crammed and all rows recline like the emergency exit isle seats- an inch or less.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My family visited from overseas 6 of us were booked to fly from Houston-Vegas on 12 May. For the 10.20pm flight no announcements made until 1am then at 2am they cancelled the flight. No announcements whatsoever. Spirit did not offer another flight until 2 June. We had already paid for our hotel show tickets purchased - does Spirit care for their Customers? Not come across such poor service in the airline industry (and I fly all over the world).

Spirit Airlines customer review

Had the opportunity to fly Spirit from Baltimore to Las Vegas r/t. Can sum up the experience in one word - awful. Never again will I (or the 5 others from Baltimore on the same flight) fly Spirit. While in Vegas I met someone from another city who had flown Spirit also. Their opinion - never again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

We flew Spirit Airlines last week from Detroit to Costa Rica and our experience was beyond our expectations. We were greeted by the customer service representatives during our check in process and encountered no problems. We did our homework ahead of time reviewing bag weight limitations seat assignments and we did come prepared with our boarding passes printed. All of these instructions are available to you when you purchase your ticket online. There are no hidden surprises as long as you read and go through all the instructions when booking your flight. Once we boarded the plane we were once again greeted by the attendants and they were very well dressed and represented by Spirit in a professional manner. We received professional service on the plane by the staff. On our return flight we received the same treatment as our first flights. Our savings were $ 350.00 per person by using Spirit Airlines. Our group had a total of 27 people flying together and that added up very quickly to a huge savings. I'm not sure where all the negatives come from since our group experience was very well received by Spirit Airlines. My suggestion to those reading reviews and thinking about booking with Spirit is when you are booking your ticket is to take the extra time and read thoroughly through all the instructions and options and you will have no problems once you get to the airport because you will be prepared as we were.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]