Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have used many airlines but Spirit is the worst one of all. They charge you for both carry-on and check-in bags. I understand check-in bags but charging for carry-on? Carry-on is more expensive than check in. I ended up spending $80 just to check in my bag round trip. Only reason I chose spirit was because their tickets were cheap but in the end it caused far more inconvenience for the same price. I did not make the flight and I ended up having to stay at the Arizona sky harbor airport for over 10 hours extra. I called customer service line and all they kept saying was that they can't do anything over the phone and I have to talk to the gate agent. Needless to say I will not be flying Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I will never fly Spirit Airlines again. They slap on ridiculous fees for everything - including (1) fees for checked bags and carry-on bags (2) fees for the option to select your seat and (3) $3 for even water! I am 6'5" and generally have no problem fitting in airline seats but was not even able to fit into the seats on Spirit Airlines. Most cramped I've ever been. When I called Spirit trying to ask questions their phone service was horrendous and I couldn't even talk to a real person!

Spirit Airlines customer review

After 7 hours of delays canceled flight rescheduled flight for following morning 6 hours of delays - zero explanation and horrendous customer service.

Spirit Airlines customer review

It was unbelievable that you didn't even get a drink or snack for a 5 hour flight! Also a fee for a seat? To really top it off the two seats directly in front of me were broken and pushed forward with caution-like tape wrapped all around them! I've never seen anything like it. This left me unable to get a drink if I wanted because I had no tray to place it on. What blew me away was there was no apology or explanation about the seats and no complimentary offers due to the major inconvenience. The flight attendants acted like there was nothing abnormal at all! I will be sure to tell everyone not to fly this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

March 13 flight 245 from Chicago to Las Vegas return on March 17 flight 446. Worst airline of all time. Cheap tickets? They charged for bags (carry on or checked) charged for seats charged for coffee on the plane. I was told to sit for my wheelchair request getting to the plane when it was in final boarding! I'd still be sitting there if I hadn't asked again for assistance. Staff seemed completely uninterested in passengers at the airport. Never again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I will never fly with Spirit Airlines again. This airline charges far too much. I had to pay $150 extra dollars just to check a bag and bring a carry-on round-trip and pay $10 for my seats each way! There should not be a charge for seats especially if I'm already purchasing a ticket. All of the staff members were incredibly rude. My flight had a 2 hour delay and we weren't even offered refreshments as a gesture to make up for our time. The refreshments were extremely overpriced We didn't even get a complementary cup of water! The flight attendants were not friendly. My flight was from Chicago (ORD) to San Diego (SAN).

Spirit Airlines customer review

We had the displeasure of being on the March 7th flight departing from Plattsburg New York heading for Fort Lauderdale (flight #451). Flight was delayed until the next day. They told us to come back at 8am by that time we checked in and went through security to find out that the flight had been delayed again. They only offered to refund us but as per their’Contract of Carriage we were more that 2 hours delayed this implies that someone should of offered us re-accommodation or rebook us on another flight. This was never offered.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Picked Spirit because they offered the cheapest price for my flight. However you don't get to all the hidden fees until it's too late! I spent nearly the same amount of money paying for fees like carry-on fees fees to pick a seat and then water isn't even complimentary inflight. In the end I'd rather fly with a better airline if the price is the same. Not choosing spirit for future travels. Not recommended unless you are traveling with just a personal bag not an actual carry-on luggage. Unbelievable. What was supposed to be an affordable flight turned into a bait and switch situation. I'd rather pay full price than be deceived. Do not pick seats in row 10 as they do not recline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Well I have to say we have traveled spirit since the beginning out of Atlantic city to West Palm Florida. Each flight may have had some delays but overall its a very good airline. I have to remember what the owner said in an interview you don't to McDonalds for a steak. They get me from place to place safely and get me on the ground. Overall the flight crew are great.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Friendly helpful staff. We were able to get cheap flights round trip out of Chicago. The flight was 30 min late out of the gates but due to the weather all flights were late that evening. We were early on the return flight. The staff seemed to enjoy their job and it showed when dealing with the customers. The biggest complaint is the seats do not recline at all. We took a red eye flight both ways which makes it very difficult to sleep. Also I understand charging for beverages but I think a glass of water should be offered at no charge.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]