Top 100 Airports

Spirit Airlines

"delayed 5 times until cancelled"

Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale with Spirit Airlines. This is the worst airline to ever travel with. A rip off and the service is horrible. My family and I booked our tickets only to find out we had to pay for a carry on bag and our luggage. The day we were suppose to depart, Spirit delayed our flight 5 times until they cancelled. They said it was due to the weather but the real reason was due to not having a pilot. We received a refund and had to purchase tickets with a different airline. Luckily, we were able to still go one our trip.
RouteBWI to FLL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"does not even give a cup of water"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Myrtle Beach with Spirit Airlines. Departure from PHL was meant to be at 7:50am and we waited at the gate until 10am. Today we are going back to Philadelphia and have the same problem - our flight was meant to be 10:05 am and they change it to 12:48. This airline does not even give a cup of water, they charge $5 for bottle.
RoutePHL to MYR

"line was out the door"

Fort Lauderdale to Orlando with Spirit Airlines. Arrived at the airport 2 hrs before my flight. When I arrived the line was out the door around the whole terminal. No one was telling us what the issue was. When I reached the counter to check in I only had 30 minutes to go through security and reach my gate, their sign said they shouldn't have checked me in. They did so anyway. Then she told me "your bag might not make the flight. You should run". When I got to the security line, 1 spirit employee was telling passengers flying to Orlando to go to the front but once we got there TSA told us we were not allowed and to go to the back of the line. TSA was not in the wrong. Spirit was unorganized. Not helpful. I have now missed my 7am flight and have to sit in the airport until 8pm to go home. I had to call out of work for missing a flight I would have been on time for if it wasn't for Spirit. I will never fly with them again.
RouteFLL to MCO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"what a terrible experience"

Verified Review | What a terrible experience with Spirit Airlines. My family and I arrived at the airport 2 hours ahead of time. We barely made our flight from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale. Terrible and I mean terrible customer service when it comes down to the Spirit employees. My family and I had zero direction to exactly what line we were supposed to stand in. When we did try and ask, employees we're rude, disorganized, and had no idea what was going on. We also had to switch planes once we finally got on because of mechanical difficulties. New plane was at a different gate as well. On the way back it was even worse. Our flight got delayed for 5 hours. I had an 8 month old with me and Spirit employess were less than accommodating. No remorse whatsoever.
RoutePHL to FLL

"unsympathetic, unaccomodating"

Verified Review | Boston to Las Vegas with Spirit Airlines. I waited in line for over 3.5 hours with over 100 other people with 1 person working the Spirit desk. I moved all of 2 feet within those 3.5 hours, only to find out that the flight was completely cancelled. They offered to give me $25 and re-book me on a flight that was a whole 24 hours later. I do not live in Boston. I did not have the money to book another hotel room for a whole additional night, and they refused to compensate anyone on a place to stay. I had work the following day in Las Vegas where I live, and had to explain why I wasn't able to come in, and pray I didn't lose my job because of their incompetence. I decided my only other option was to cancel with them, and find the next available flight with a different airline and spend an additional $200, and wait for 12 hours in the airport. The customer service was terrible. They were rude, unsympathetic, and unaccomodating. When I spoke with airport security, they said that this happens at least once a week with Spirit. I recommend avoiding them. You're better off spending a little extra money with a better airline and having the assurance that you are actually paying for a flight where and when you need to go.
RouteBOS to LAS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight was over 4 hours late, no explanation"

Boston to Cleveland with Spirit Airlines. The weather was fine in Boston and Cleveland, so there is no reason for the flight to be delayed. I bought the ticket a month in advance so there should have been plans in place for the pilot, plane, and crew to be ready. The flight was over 4 hours late, and I was given no explanation as to why. This caused me to go over another day on my parking in Cleveland and to spend 4 hours sitting at the bar in the Boston airport. They offered me $50 off my next flight. I do not need a voucher for my next flight because I will never again be giving Spirit Airlines any of my money.
RouteBOS to CLE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"2 times in a row delayed"

Ft Lauderdale to Boston with Spirit. Horrible - flight was delayed for 2 hours outbound and then delayed for 3 hours for the return - thats 2 times in a row we have been delayed - I will never fly on Spirit ever again
RouteFLL to BOS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"great end to a fabulous vacation"

Myrtle Beach to Baltimore before taking this flight I had never heard of Spirit Airlines. But every time I told someone I had reservations with Spirit they rolled their eyes. It was a great flight. My girlfriend and her son were on board too. It was his first time flying and he loved it. On the way back one of the F/A's was particularly nice. It was a great end to a fabulous vacation.
RouteMYR to BWI
Date FlownAugust 2016

"we received horrible service"

Flew Las Vegas to Philadelphia. The reason for my score is due to the lack of good service that was provided. From the minute we got to the Airport to get the boarding passes we received horrible service. The lady had an attitude and you could already sense that she had no urge to be there. Secondly, Spirit Airlines changed the gate number 3 times. They charge an arm and a leg for everything, I mean $3 for a tiny water bottle. Never will I fly Spirit again, I will definitely pay the extra $40-60 for American again or a better airline that actually knows how to provide quality customer service
RouteLAS to PHL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight attendants were friendly and funny"

Verified Review | Flew Spirit Airlines from Boston to Dallas. I will admit I was very nervous to fly the airline with all the reviews I had read especially thinking I would be getting on their ugly yellow bus plane, but my family ended up on one of the white ones with blue tail. We did leave 2 hours late, but I did know that early in morning so we just didn't rush to airport and had time to eat before. The cons - uncomfortable seats that don't recline and very narrow aisle which is tough trying to get to the bathroom, no WiFi, no movies and no freebie snacks. The Pros - The smoothest flight I've been on in a long time. Good take off and landing. The flight attendants were friendly and funny. Would I be so lucky to have the same experience if I chose to fly them again? Not sure, but thought it was only fair to them to give them some good feedback that they deserve.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBOS to DFW

Spirit Airlines

Guide Icon

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]