Vote Now

Spirit Airlines

"pleasantly surprised with flight."

Verified Review | Houston to Las Vegas. We were leery about flying Spirit because of some past experiences. When we looked for airline tickets to Vegas they were the only direct flight and the best priced. Since we were not on a tight schedule, we decided to fly them again. I must say we were pleasantly surprised with this flight. Both ways were spot on for time. I felt everything was well organized unlike some past experiences. I am hopeful that the issues we had originally were just "growing" issues. We are looking for airfare to Cabo San Lucas so I will be hunting reviews to see how well they are doing there.
RouteHouston to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"never fly Spirit Airlines again"

Verified Review | Detroit to Las Vegas. The first thing that sent a red flag was they changed our gate 3 times. They tell us we have to pay for a carry on. You have to pay for anything to drink. Then when we landed they told us which carousel our luggage would be on, and switched that 4 times, then told us to move to the side of baggage claim so they could get everyone's address/hotel info to deliver our luggage because it never left it's original place, that took 2 hours. I will never fly Spirit Airlines again! In the long run it is more expensive and a huge hassle!
AircraftAirbus
RouteDetroit to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"longest line to check in"

Verified Review | Ft Lauderdale to Newark. Longest line to check in. They had like 2 staff checking in hundreds of people. Thought we were there way too early but in reality we needed to be like like 5 hours early. A teenage could design a more efficient check in line. Avoid this airline like the plague. Not to mention they charge you for everything including printing your boarding passes. If you don't check in online it's $10 per person to check you in.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"canceled six hours prior"

Verified Review | San Jose to Fort Lauderdale. Our flight was canceled six hours prior to departure and we only received an email. There is no phone call no help rescheduling our ticket. We called the number and the staff was unable to find us adequate tickets quickly enough and seemed unable to navigate The search menu for tickets. It was extremely frustrating to talk to somebody who had trouble understanding us and do not know how to use the system. Upon arrival to the airport staff was rude and did not know how to we book our flights. The line was extremely long and moving extremely slow early because the staff cannot even help a single person. I was the fifth person in line to rebook my flight and I was not help for over an hour. This is unacceptable. Spirit staffers mail trained in inadequate to handle situations such as these. About the cancellation of the flight the reason they gave us was at the crew didn't show up.
RouteSan Jose to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Chicago to Los Angeles. Read carefully and you won't be disappointed - I was pleasantly surprised! Price was right so I couldn't complain. First flight went so smoothly literally nothing went wrong. Flight back had a 30 minute delay but we were able to board the plane so we were fine. I would rebook with Spirit for domestic flights. Seats aren't the most comfortable for anyone above 5'5, I wouldn't do a long flight. But 4 hours was just fine. Only downfall is the bag fees. Other than that, definitely open to booking with Spirit again.
RouteChicago to Los Angeles

"pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Denver with Spirit Airlines. Pleasantly surprised. Clean and comfortable cabin along with professional attendants. Flights on time. Not certain why so many negative reviews. Spirit did a great job. Boarding is quick and the carry-on bags were not a nightmare unlike my last flight on United where everyone had an oversized Roll-a-Board, without the space to accommodate them all.
RouteLas Vegas to Denver

"rudest customer service"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Phoenix. The rudest customer service ever experienced. Spirit Airlines double charged me for my ticket, and when I called and made my way through the maze of numbers to finally speak with someone, she was so rude. I do expect to get the duplicate charge refunded (fingers crossed) but there was no apology, explanation, anything. She basically took care of the refund and hung up on me.
RouteMinneapolis to Phoenix
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Unverified | Boston to Fort Lauderdale. So after booking my flight people started telling me that I was crazy to fly Spirit Airlines. For several weeks I worried and to my amazement when it came time to fly I was pleasantly surprised. None of the complaints that I read about happened to us and it was one of the best experiences we had. The flight was great, our seats were comfortable, the pilot was making jokes over the speaker and the attendants were awesome.
RouteBoston to Fort Lauderdale

"Horrible, inhuman service"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Portland. If I could give a negative review I would. Flight cancelled, claim we can't go from to Portland til two days from now, can't put us on another airline, reading from script. Horrible, inhuman service. Do not ever use them. Cut me off, refused to take a callback number.
RouteLos Angeles to Portland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"rude staff of this company"

Verified Review | Fort Lauderdale to Kansas City via Orlando. I don't have a problem with the flight being delayed, I know it happens. My problem is with the rude staff of this company. There was no announcement made (over the PA system) about the 2 hour delay, I received an email at 7:45 a.m. (20 minutes after scheduled boarding) about the delay. I went to the scheduled gate (H8) desk to inquire about the notification of the delay, and an employee, very rudely, informed me that the announcement was made at gate H5! After conferring with other passengers, I confirmed that this was indeed a flat out lie, everyone found out by the late email! 10 minutes later while sitting about 20-25 feet away in the Kafe' Kalik I kind of hear the same employee yell something about the delay and the new departure gate H7! Completely unacceptable!! The tickets are cheap but definitely not worth the hassle of dealing with rude inconsiderate employees who are supposed to help make an inconvenient situation more manageable! Thank you, but no thank you.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Kansas City

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]