SpiceJet

"the crew was good"

Verified Review | Varanasi to Mumbai with Spicejet. Flight departed at 0730pm and arrived at 1005pm, delayed almost 35mins but this was due to congestion over BOM airspace. Aircraft was leased from a foreign company Czech registered with foreign pilots and one foreign crew member. It was the same aircraft that I flew out on, so seats were the same cramped - so much so that I had to sit diagonally to fit into the seat which is very uncomfortable on a 2 hour flight. The crew was good and offered complimentary water in cups, and smiles on faces around the cabin.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteVNS to BOM
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"seats were extremely cramped"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Varanasi on Spicejet. Flight departed at 0720 and arrived at 0920 on time with smooth takeoff and landing. Aircraft was leased from a Czech registered company with foreign pilots and one foreign crew member. Seats were extremely cramped. Crew was good and offered complimentary water in cups.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteBOM to VNS
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"definitely prefer SpiceJet again"

Travelling on route Port Blair to Chennai. The flight departed 10 minutes before scheduled time. We had opted for SpiceMax. Wonderful experience. Extra legroom and comfortable seats. Good inflight meals, though available for purchase. The flight landed 30 minutes before time. A great experience. Will definitely prefer SpiceJet again.
RouteIXZ to MAA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Very disappointing"

Dubai to Pune, and have been a frequent flyer with Spicejet. Usually book the Spice max tickets only for the extra legroom. Did the same this time only to know they have reduced the extra legroom to normal. Not sure why I should be paying extra to get a normal seat. Also when I contacted the call centre agent they didn't mention of any changes. Very disappointing.
RouteDXB to PNQ

"service was excellent"

Had a great experience with Spicejet from Kochi to Mumbai in the air but a pretty poor one on the ground with this airline. At check-in the Spicejet employee asked to see the credit card I booked the tickets with. I explained that between booking my tickets and travelling, my card had expired and I had been given a new one by my bank. Hardly a rare occurrence, I would assume. I had to explain this to him three times but he still asked the same question. He eventually called his supervisor who also asked me the same question, forcing me to explain again. She then called another supervisor who checked my passport and let us check in. This caused quite a delay and unnecessary annoyance. However, when we boarded and departed (on time) the service was excellent - friendly and welcoming cabin staff, clean and comfortable cabin with decent leg room (I'm 6'1" and it was more than ok for a few hours) and good value/tasty food. I'd definitely fly with Spicejet again.
RouteCOK to BOM

"manners not appreciated"

On 3rd February I took a flight from Mumbai to Kashmir from Indigo. Service at the counter was efficient and prompt. I exceeded my check-in weight limit but the counter staff acknowledged that I had no handcarry and allowed me to check in the excess weight as well, and this left a very positive impression of IndiGo. On 6th February I took a flight from Kashmir to Amritsar using SpiceJet. No complains although nothing was memorable. Most likely because my baggage was underweight and I had no Handcarry. On 9th February I had another flight with SpiceJet from Amritsar to Delhi. This time my baggage exceeded the weight limit. I had no handcarry but the staff was adament I remove items from the baggage and handcarry them. It is a simple request which can be adhered if communicated well. I was in queue for almost half an hour and shoved left and right between counters. I maintained my cool because I understand the staff was busy. Once again the counter staff told me to continue waiting as passengers from earlier flights will need to check in first. Does that mean the counter staff will rudely tell you off to remove the excess weight immediately or pay the additional fees. I am expected to wait for ages for the counter to serve me but when I am need to remove the items from my baggage, I have to let all other people to finish checking-in? Another group of passengers were complaining and they got served immediately. So should I assume that manners are not appreciated by SpiceJet? As a result the staff does not have respect for the passengers? My flight to Delhi was scheduled at 4.10pm. My boarding pass said 2.55pm. When I asked the staff about the timing, they don't know what time will the flight depart. They told me to wait and listen to the announcement. How much better can this experience with SpiceJet get?
RouteATQ to DEL
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"didn't pay close attention"

We bought a ticket for February 2, using their difficult online process with the safari browser. We didn't pay close attention to the ticket we received, until we arrived at Colombo Airport 3 hours before the flight. We then learned that our ticket was for February 15. We also learned that they had empty seats. We explained to the manager that we had to leave Sri Lanka because our visa was just about finished. He offered no help, and wouldn't even call the main office to get us a seat on the plane. So we were forced to buy a new ticket on SriLanka Airlines at the airport, and fly out that way. As I write this, I have emailed SpiceJet three times to get our money back. And understand that our tickets are still good for another week. So far, the only response I get from their customer support, is that I need to write someone else, but they don't tell me who that is. We alerted our credit card company, and hopefully we can get our money back that way.
RouteCMB to IXM

"Food was forgettable"

Several SpiceJet flights last year, ending with Goa to Mumbai. Marked improvement in on-time performance. Crew is not rude but not bothered. Food was forgettable. Decent experience for the fares offered. Bothered by lack of branding on newly acquired aircraft though.
RouteGOI to BOM
Date FlownOctober 2015

"very average experience"

(Sri Lanka)

Traveled SpiceJet from Colombo to Bangalore via Chenna return in Dec/Jan on a Q400 aircraft. Overall, it was a very average experience. The ground staff were very friendly and welcome. However, the cabin crew was the opposite as they looked tired and although they tried to be friendly, they weren't welcoming. The vegetarian subs they had on board was pathetic and considering the cheap quality, the price charged for the subs was quite high. The cabin experience is standard as you really can't expect much from a regional aircraft like the Q400 but I really feel that Colombo being an international sector with high demand, SpiceJet needs to use a Boeing 737. Will only recommend Spicejet if there is an excellent deal.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteCMB to BLR via MAA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a great experience"

Chennai to Delhi with Spicejet. A great experience. Customer service at Chennai was excellent. Managed to book in early and the whole process was calm and smooth. Flight left slightly early and arrived 10mins early in Delhi. The onboard experience was also fine. Seats spacious enough and staff conscientious. Absolutely no complaints from any side.
RouteMAA to DEL