SpiceJet

SpiceJet customer review

PNQ to MAA return. The experience was pretty bad. The airline advises customers to arrive 2 hrs before scheduled departure we arrived 1 hr 45 mins prior to departure and the check-in counter was closed. There was nobody at the Spicejet counter. Had to wait 30 mins. Then told that the flight was delayed by 1 hr due to the aircraft from Delhi arriving late. When we asked for a single row seating at the front they told us that we would be charged 500 rupees per person for the front row. Had to forcefully opt for second last row seat. The flight arrived departed on time the aircraft was fairly okay the interiors and the night lighting was great but overall not a good trip - expected lot more from Spicejet.

SpiceJet customer review

BLR-DEL and back. The onward flight was Monday early morning flight - full. It was a pleasant trip. right on time. Check in was smooth. Return flight was Tuesday afternoon. Pretty much empty (40% load I guess). Had the whole row to myself. Smooth check in. On time flight. Would definitely like to travel again with them.

SpiceJet customer review

My husband and I flew SpiceJet and I must say it was an overall bad experience. Flight was booked for 10.30 am and at first the flight was delayed to 12.20 pm after which I received a call stating the flight had been further delayed to 1.50pm. I fail to understand why there was a 3.5 hour delay. The staff at the counters did not offer any solution apart from the manager whom we contacted at the end.

(Norway)

I travelled 4 domestic flights with Spicejet November 2012 Delhi - Varanasi Varanasi - Delhi Delhi - Goa and Goa - Delhi. All 4 flights were delayed from 30 minutes to more than one hour. This made reaching connecting flight very difficult and I almost missed a flight back home to Europe because of that. I pre-ordered food on all this flight and got the same meal every time. Once the meal was delivered just a few minutes before the preparing for landing instructions came. So in fact I hadn't time to finish my meal. Altogether my experiences with Spicejet were negative.

SpiceJet customer review

Boeing 737-800 from BLR to BOM. Boarding completed in record time and departure on time. Cabin crew welcoming and efficient in providing water to all passengers on a flight that wasn't quite full. Kudos to cockpit crew for a smooth take-off climb cruise descent and landing in somewhat perilous conditions (heavy rains). Plenty of legroom and well-spaced-out seats on board with ample reading in the in-flight magazine. Disappointing that the airline does not stock a few extra hot meals for those who didn't pre-order them. SpiceJet is well-placed and commendable for its extremely cost-efficient yet never lacking in any aspect of low-cost service.

SpiceJet customer review

B737-900ER of SpiceJet which was one of their newest aircraft. My destination was Goa. Our boarding started 15 minutes prior to departure and there was a mess with the stamp on my boarding pass. So we had to go back to the security check area and get a stamp on - ground staff was polite and they had the bus waiting for us. We took off from Mumbai relatively on time and reached Goa in 45 minutes contrary time given by airline which was 1h 05m. I found the seat comfortable with enough legroom. We didn't buy food in-flight for a 45 min flight. The staff of SpiceJet was most polite I have seen.

SpiceJet customer review

Round trip from Chennai to Hyderabad. Morning departure from Chennai. The boarding was complete 20 minutes before scheduled departure time and then we had to wait for close to 30 mins for a piece of cargo to arrive from another location. The captain was prompt enough to explain the reason for the delay hence there was no confusion. Clean aircraft with attentive cabin crew. Return flight at night was delayed 2 hours but was informed about the same in the afternoon through a text message which I think is a positive step. The flight to Chennai was operated by an all women crew which I think is a first as far as the low cost airlines in India are concerned. Overall good experience.

SpiceJet customer review

Very bad customer service. Flight delayed 30 mins initially then 1 hour 2 hours 3 hours and it went on and on. The cancellation was not allowed by the customer service because apparently their systems were not update with the reality on the airport. Stranded at Chennai airport for 8 hours and tried to change it but was disregarded by the staff. Being economical does not mean that you start ignoring passengers who are asking you legible valid questions as and when you feel like.

SpiceJet customer review

BOM-CCU-BOM. The flights were on-time each way. Cabin crew were warm and friendly. Have travelled Spicejet earlier as well and was impressed to see the improvements they have made over the years. The only issue I had was on my BOM-CCU flight where the leg space was inadequate. However the flight from CCU-BOM was excellent.

SpiceJet customer review

21-01-2013 BOM-COK Boeing 737. The check-in procedure was quite disorganised with the longest possible line for any airline I could see at Bombay. Their website says you cannot do web check-in if you need to check in baggage. For an early morning flight this rule makes you leave home at least half an hour before other airlines. Staff allotted me an aisle seat in the non-reclining row before exit without informing me since I am relatively tall the leg space was quite insufficient the only reason to be thankful was the gentleman in front of me did not recline his seat. Overall have had better experiences on other Indian budget airlines like Indigo. Staff are good but could do with some more training. Would I fly this airline again - perhaps but the price will need to be good to consider this alternative.