SpiceJet

"I'm really disappointed"

Trip Verified | I'm really disappointed by the services provided by Spicejet. We were travelling from Dubai to Amritsar on 21st April and had especially booked spicemax as we needed increased leg space and priority check in as we had an infant with us - but we were utterly disappointed when we got to know in the flight itself that there were no spicemax seats and the food my husband ordered was finished already. For all 4 of us the journey was disastrous and we were just fidgeting in the small seats and my son was irritated with congested space. We were not told by any of the staff nor did we receive any email regarding non-availablity of the spicemax seats. This didn't happen once but both ways we were travelling.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDubai to Amritsar
Date FlownMay 2018

"Spicejet is very arrogant"

Trip Verified | Tirupati to Aurangabad via Hyderabad. SG-708 from Tirupati to Hyderabad all passengers got boarded into the flight and after 40min got a message like there is a technical problem where flight cannot move and and delayed for almost 2:30 hrs and I lost my connectivity flight from Hyderabad to Aurangabad. When u asked for help they said we are not bother about your connectivity airlines and we are not accountable for any delay. Spicejet is very arrogant in answering and helping the customers.
RouteTirupati to Hyderabad
Date FlownMay 2018

"talking aggressively to passengers"

Trip Verified | Ahmedabad to Bangalore. There can be delays occuring due to technical issues and its quite understandable. But not informing as an announcement and an apology, and staff just talking aggressively to passengers, cant be expected, when the fault or misfortune happened to customer by the service provider. Moreover, our flight time was 9:35, but it didnt depart from the gate as planned, but gate was changed, and people were running around not sure if they are heading towards correct direction. After all the hurdles, flight boarding completed and it started at around 11:30pm. I wont say that Spicejet is bad, but their attitude without an apology for inconvenience has to be condemned.
RouteAhmedabad to Bangalore
Date FlownApril 2018

"charging for everything"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Dhaka. This was my first time on SpiceJet, a low-cost carrier -- though after paying for securing a seat, a snack, and to make the reservation -- the total price exceeded that of a full service operator! To secure my seat, I had to also pay for a snack! I chose the flight entirely because of its timing -- it was convenient for my plans. On the day prior to the departure I received a text message that the flight had been "preponed" by a hour because of runaway repairs at Dhaka. Appreciated this update. At the airport, SpiceJet's international counter opened about 90 minutes prior to the flight's departure. A man checked passports to determine if visa to Bangladesh was in order. He sat at a counter that said "Air India" - this confused some of us. The twin engine propeller plane was parked out on the tarmac and a bus ferried the passengers to it. The short flight was smooth though loud. Flight attendants were efficient. My vegetarian sandwich was dry; I needed to pay extra to get a water. Although the flight got me to my destination in reasonable comfort, the airline seems to focus on the mass market. The small plane did not have a first class cabin and its emphasis on charging for everything and anything whether you want it or not can be grating.
AircraftQ400 Bomardier
RouteKolkata to Dhaka
Date FlownMarch 2018

"lack of concern to return change"

Trip Verified | Kozhikode to Bangalore. I travelled with my 3 year old son where I bought a juice for my son on board. The price of juice was RS 70 where I paid RS100 (no change) and after landing I reminded her but the air hostess fumbled and stumbled. I am sorry to say given the standard of the airline there was lack of concern to return the change promptly I felt uneasy though it was not the best way to give change I opted to let go of it.
RouteKozhikode to Bangalore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"seats were very crammed"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Bangkok. Boarding was smooth. However, the seats were very crammed up and uncomfortable. The windows were dirty and window shades didn't pull down. The crew was unprofessional. Even after landing, at Suvarnabhumi Airport, no cabin crew greeted us as we disembarked the aircraft.
RouteKolkata to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"rude cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Flew Mumbai to Kolkata. Rude check-in staff, rude cabin crew, delayed flights, hopeless website. Website sneakily trying to sell you add on services which you can easily miss, you will pay through your nose if your luggage exceeds their weight even by a hundred grams. I can think of plenty more reasons to avoid this airline, but I don't have the whole day.
RouteMumbai to Kolkata
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"can carry only 7kgs of 1 bag"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Hyderabad. The staff is rude and non-cooperative. The rules of carrying luggage are misleading. You can carry only 7kgs of 1 bag or else you will be charged an exorbitant fee. Even if you are a family, you will be charged separately based on the individual baggage, which is ridiculous. There is no justification provided but only hidden disclaimers. Forget hospitality even the basic services don't exist for passengers.
RouteMumbai to Hyderabad
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"recommend you avoid this company"

Trip Verified | We were booked to fly several SpiceJet flights in November 2017. One of these flights was a flight from Delhi to Goa. Shortly over a week before we were due to fly, SpiceJet notified us that the flight was cancelled due to a runway closure. Frustrating of course, but apparently out of their control, so we were initially understanding. What was in SpiceJet’s control however was the customer service experience that followed. To summarise what has been a truly horrendous experience spanning 3 months. SpiceJet could offer no alternative flight that day, so I we had to book an alternative flight at 3 x the price. Due to the cancelled flight being the 2nd leg of a connecting flight SpiceJet calculated the refund of the cancelled leg on an unfair ‘km by km basis’ rather than the price paid for each leg, leaving us out of pocket due to the 2nd leg being much more expensive. SpiceJet erroneously refunded only 1 passenger of the 2 on the cancelled leg, leaving us an additional 7000 INR out of pocket. After querying this we were told the refunded amount was correct and that this was the end of the matter. It took 7 phone calls spanning 3-4 hours, over a period of 5 weeks to receive the refund for the 2nd passenger. Each of these phone calls was to a different agent and involved explaining the situation from the beginning each time and battling the front line denials and scripted replies in order to actually discuss the issue. We were assured on each of these phone calls that the refund had already been processed (it hadn’t) or that it would be processed (it wasn’t). Only after threatening a credit card chargeback and refusing to end a call to a manager before the refund was manually actioned was the owed money refunded to us, more than a month later. From the UK we spent over £50 on phone calls to India to get our own money refunded. In total due to a combination of administrative failures on SpiceJet’s behalf, we are out of pocket approximately 22,000 INR (£250 GBP). After escalating a formal complaint to the top of their complaint channels we received no apology or acknowledgement of failure and were offered a 2,000 INR SpiceJet travel voucher which we refused. All in all, this has single-handedly been the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered with any company, anywhere in the world. SpiceJet may get you from A to B, but if you have to engage with their customer service departments via phone or email for any issues, prepare for a time consuming, fruitless and ultimately incredibly stressful experience. For your own sanity, I highly recommend you avoid this company at all costs.
RouteJaisalmer to Goa via Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"bullying attitude of the staff"

Trip Verified | Mangalore to Dubai. The flight scheduled to depart at 00:15 was delayed to 05:15. No corrective action was taken the Spicejet team. The delay announcement was informed at 12:45 way past the scheduled departure. More pathetic was the way the passengers were treated to. Nobody was available to answer queries, a lone lady staff was at the gate. After lot of shouting few staff came and tried to give wrong reasons. No accommodation was provided, all the 200+ passengers were cramped in the small waiting area. No compensation was provided. The flight was further delayed as they say due to technical glitch. The flight finally departed at 6:00 am. The handling of the whole situation was terrible. It was the bullying attitude of the staff that let down the airline.
RouteMangalore to Dubai